Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) (2939 Views)

Edo: Why Deputy Governor's Budgetary Allocation Was Slashed - Speaker, Agbebaku / APC Edo: Why We Withdrew Forgery Case Against Obaseki / Edo: Why We Disqualified Obaseki, Ogiemwonyi, Iduoriyekemwen ― APC Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Validated: 11:46am On Jun 28, 2020
It appears PDP played a fast one on APC and Ize-iyamu again. While PDP sold a dummy to them on likely running mate from one of the former aspirants from Edo Central, APC hurriedly picked a candidate from Etsako LGA, which is in Edo North. PDP and Obaseki now turned around to pick Shuaibu the current deputy governor.
The implication of above is that Edo Central that have not produced any governor and arguable the political bride in this election would have to wait another 8 years under APC but just 4 years under a PDP controlled Edo.
POI did well in Edo Central in 2016 because his running mate John Yakubu is from Edo Central. Now abandoning them to go north spells doom for APC in Edo Central.
Second point of note is the stigma of Godfatherism that Edo people strongly abhor. Even Oba"s statement on the matter is still reverberating the entire Edo State. Now to add the fact that Oshomole called Ize-iyamu several unprintable names adds pepper to an already bad pain. At one instance Oshomole called Ize-iyamu a cultist who was rusticated from Uniben because he killed a fellow student. At other fora same Oshomole told Edo people that Ize-iyamu was only good as a political tool but not reliable to hold a position of trust. A thief, fake pastor who is using church to cover. Oshomole even said Ize-iyamu who was Lucky Igbinedion's chief of staff and later secretary to state government was responsible for pillaging Edo resources under Lucky. So to an average Edo voter, how will same person come now to explain that what he said 4 years ago was a lie?
Lastly Obaseki/Shuaibu ticket have good grip on Edo APC structure even as we speak. The chairmen of all 192 APC wards, 24 LGAs and State Chairmen, Anslem Ojesua is Obaseki supporter. Leaving APC with men in APC T-Shirts but PDP heart. How Uze-Iyamu and APC will destry this structure still beats my imagination.
Though the national party structure of APC appears to be seemingly together, the state is still in tatters. The Edo People's Movement is just a faction of APC in Edo and us Not recognised. Leaving APC campaign under Ojesua and his men spells doom for APC. Any attempt to dissolve the current executives will lead to another round of legal tussle.
4+4 for Godwin Obaseki lioks highly assured.
However, only God has the ultimate power to choose a Leader. My opinion.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by jlinkd78(m): 11:47am On Jun 28, 2020
Very intelligent analysis

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 28, 2020
Let's hear from other Yorubas like u op

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Validated: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Let's hear from other Yorubas like u op
Why some of you are so tribally minded beats my imagination. You cry Black lives matter and support tribal jingoism! How are you different? I am not Yoruba but a Nigerian of the SS extraction. Face your ethnic foes and leave me out of your myopia.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Validated:

Why some of you are so tribally minded beats my imagination. You cry Black lives matter and support tribal jingoism! How are you different? I am not Yoruba but a Nigerian of the SS extraction. Face your ethnic foes and leave me out of your myopia.

Extraction indeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by realstars: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2020
I Think They Know That, They Should Start To Pack Their Load. Already The Governor Is PDP Strong Man.

4 Likes

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Validated: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Extraction indeed.
See painment

4 Likes

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Omon605(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
Validated:
It appears PDP played a fast one on APC and Ize-iyamu again. While PDP sold a dummy to them on likely running mate from one of the former aspirants from Edo Central, APC hurriedly picked a candidate from Etsako LGA, which is in Edo North. PDP and Obaseki now turned around to pick Shuaibu the current deputy governor.
The implication of above is that Edo Central that have not produced any governor and arguable the political bride in this election would have to wait another 8 years under APC but just 4 years under a PDP controlled Edo.
POI did well in Edo Central in 2016 because his running mate John Yakubu is from Edo Central. Now abandoning them to go north spells doom for APC in Edo Central.
Second point of note is the stigma of Godfatherism that Edo people strongly abhor. Even Oba"s statement on the matter is still reverberating the entire Edo State. Now to add the fact that Oshomole called Ize-iyamu several unprintable names adds pepper to an already bad pain. At one instance Oshomole called Ize-iyamu a cultist who was rusticated from Uniben because he killed a fellow student. At other fora same Oshomole told Edo people that Ize-iyamu was only good as a political tool but not reliable to hold a position of trust. A thief, fake pastor who is using church to cover. Oshomole even said Ize-iyamu who was Lucky Igbinedion's chief of staff and later secretary to state government was responsible for pillaging Edo resources under Lucky. So to an average Edo voter, how will same person come now to explain that what he said 4 years ago was a lie?
Lastly Obaseki/Shuaibu ticket have good grip on Edo APC structure even as we speak. The chairmen of all 192 APC wards, 24 LGAs and State Chairmen, Anslem Ojesua is Obaseki supporter. Leaving APC with men in APC T-Shirts but PDP heart. How Uze-Iyamu and APC will destry this structure still beats my imagination.
Though the national party structure of APC appears to be seemingly together, the state is still in tatters. The Edo People's Movement is just a faction of APC in Edo and us Not recognised. Leaving APC campaign under Ojesua and his men spells doom for APC. Any attempt to dissolve the current executives will lead to another round of legal tussle.

Hmmmm, you just makes me laugh great writer. But the truth remains that you don't even understand the Edo politics and you strongly believe after Obaseki 8 years in office Obaseki is going to make and Esan person the governor? If so what stop him from choosing an esan person as his running mate to assure them his serious about achieving his campaign promised? Or you believe there is nobody within the Edo central presently worthy to be deputy governor? The truth is that the Edo central has to wait for the next 16 years to hatch the dream of becoming governor of Edo state. Is like you don't even know what actually caused the acrimony between Obaseki and oshiomhole. The issue have nothing to do with money, it all go down on who control the party structure in state, that's why their problem started immediately after the state house of Assembly, federal House of Representative and senatorial primaries. Shaibu is the one pushing Obaseki to fight oshiomhole, his the spoiler, so that he can achieve his dreams. If Obaseki won the forthcoming election the next aspirant from Obaseki side is Shaibu. As it stands there is no single strong Esan man in Obaseki government that's worthy to become a governor in the next 4 years. Please don't tell me about Francis Okiye that cannot win election in Arue where he come. Edo central is the beautiful bride as you said but as it stands is a neutral ground, most of the dominant people that hold the APC within the Edo central are fully with Oshiomole, that's why you see some ordinary councillors refusing to cross to PDP with Obaseki. Am not telling you who will win Edo central for now because the election still have a long way to go but I can tell you without missing a word, Edo North where Philip Shaibu come from is already for APC. Nobody can win Oshiomole in Edo North, I mean excluding the federal might. Well am from Edo central, please tell Obaseki we are not fools, if really he want us to be the next governor, he should makes us his running mate and bring us closer to the power.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by nairalandankrah: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Validated:
iyamu will be the next Supreme court governor of edo state..just like hope uzo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by babyfaceafrica: 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
Elections are not wọn on social media...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by IVORY2009(m): 12:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
Don't forget there is remote control....
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by chris259(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Op has said it all, obaseki is going to win dis election, even with the interference of federal might obaseki will still win. The case of benue and sokoto state will play out in edo state come september 19

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Captainrambo2: 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
APC members gave lost hope.... all thier Hope's now lies in buhari rigging the election grin grin angry talking about remote control

We will show you fools that you can only rig where you re popular...... come to edo and rig lets meet you undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by jasent(m): 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
Omon605:

Hmmmm, you just makes me laugh great writer. But the truth remains that you don't even understand the Edo politics and you strongly believe after Obaseki 8 years in office Obaseki is going to make and Esan person the governor? If so what stop him from choosing an esan person as his running mate to assure them his serious about achieving his campaign promised? Or you believe there is nobody within the Edo central presently worthy to be deputy governor? The truth is that the Edo central has to wait for the next 16 years to hatch the dream of becoming governor of Edo state. Is like you don't even know what actually caused the acrimony between Obaseki and oshiomhole. The issue have nothing to do with money, it all go down on who control the party structure in state, that's why their problem started immediately after the state house of Assembly, federal House of Representative and senatorial primaries. Shaibu is the one pushing Obaseki to fight oshiomhole, his the spoiler, so that he can achieve his dreams. If Obaseki won the forthcoming election the next aspirant from Obaseki side is Shaibu. As it stands there is no single strong Esan man in Obaseki government that's worthy to become a governor in the next 4 years. Please don't tell me about Francis Okiye that cannot win election in Arue where he come. Edo central is the beautiful bride as you said but as it stands is a neutral ground, most of the dominant people that hold the APC within the Edo central are fully with Oshiomole, that's why you see some ordinary councillors refusing to cross to PDP with Obaseki. Am not telling you who will win Edo central for now because the election still have a long way to go but I can tell you without missing a word, Edo North where Philip Shaibu come from is already for APC. Nobody can win Oshiomole in Edo North, I mean excluding the federal might. Well am from Edo central, please tell Obaseki we are not fools, if really he want us to be the next governor, he should makes us his running mate and bring us closer to the power.
I am also from Esan,ubiaja precisely. What makes you think we are for Oshiomole?

9 Likes

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Captainrambo2: 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
jasent:
I am also from Esan,ubiaja precisely. What makes you think we are for Oshiomole?
obhiaba egbe fuère
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Dansuqi: 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
jasent:

He said edo north is for APC not central.pdp will still win central narrowly
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Dansuqi: 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
Validated:

Your first point is amateurish.even an unborn child knows that shuaibu was always going to be obaseki running mate.no one was sold a dummy.whether pastor chose his deputy from esan or not will not stop pdp from winning esan narrowly as usual...the talk of oshiomhole calling pastor names would not matter much.its just like telling a girl you just met "I love you pass my mama"., the people have made up their mind on who to vote already. Anytime any day,pastor is more popular and well grounded than obaseki.

Finally,the ojezua faction still being in APC is irrelevant.they will be treated like lepers,no one will associate with them.they will be starved of patronage and funds and will eventually defect on their own like the saraki faction of APC did.same thing happened in ondo where the state party was against aketi in 2016 but he won.it also happened in ebonyi in ,2015.obaseki will lose,its just a matter of time

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by sageb: 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Obaseki is a goal. Forward ever, backward never.

2 Likes

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by WATCHOVER(m): 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Omon605:

With all due respect stop telling lies. After Obaseki the next is Edo Central.
Go tell your IDP gods Tinubu and Oshiomhole that Edo people has rejected them.

7 Likes

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by jasent(m): 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
Captainrambo2:
obhiaba egbe fuère
Obulu obhiome..menta egbefuere?
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Yankee101: 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nice sensible analysis

Only problem is federal might and yahaya bello style of rigging
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by jasent(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
Captainrambo2:
obhiaba egbe fuère
Obulu obhiome..menta egbefuere
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Indispensable85(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
You don't even know the number of lga in Edo. How did u get 24? No dummy was sold,everybody knew it was Philip shuaibu.
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Jesusloveyou: 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
Omon605:

I don't really wanted to comment in this nonsense thread, but your comments make me to comment.
you're truly from Edo central.
op is not even from Edo state, he is in from delta state. and because delta is PDP state, he thinks Edo are for PDP.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Omon605(m): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
WATCHOVER:

With all due respect stop telling lies. After Obaseki the next is Edo Central.
Go tell your IDP gods Tinubu and Oshiomhole that Edo people has rejected them.

Well I really hated abuses on social media that's why my write up never contain it. If I may asked who is the person you are seeing from Edo central within the corridor of power as still stands in PDP? Argue with facts and put your sentiment outside so that it won't consume you and learn to respect other people opinions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Omon605(m): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
jasent:

What is so difficult in reading this little piece slowly? I never said esan land is for any party. Am only trying to dose the slogan after Obaseki 8 years in office esan person will produce the next governor, because to me is not logical and what will makes esan person succeed him is not yet in place
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by NaijadrivaCars: 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
My question is, how can a "thief" be Governor.
Las Las, Oshiomole killed Edo APC.

1 Like

Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by id2019(m): 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
Omon605:

Well I really hated abuses on social media that's why my write up never contain it. If I may asked who is the person you are seeing from Edo central within the corridor of power as still stands in PDP? Argue with facts and put your sentiment outside so that it won't consume you and learn to respect other people opinions
Onolemhen is there
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by Omon605(m): 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
id2019:

Onolemhen is there

My brother, I know Onolemhen so well I don't want to say some comments here. His the only one person that stand out but EFCC won't let him shake body
Re: EDO: Why APC Wil Lose Woefully (opinion) by usmanbaba(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
You this ibo people, you dont win election on nairaland. How many times we go tell wuna?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Vs Peter Obi / Delta Youths Hold Rally For Tinubu,omo Agege In Warri / Labour Party Presidential Rally In Nasarawa State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.