Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Not For Atheists! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Not For Atheists! (3698 Views)

Atheists And Scientists Exposed. Question For Atheism. / Academics, Scientists And Atheists Explain The Things That Happen In This Video / Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

His God Argument: The Case against Religion and for Humanism, you mean. Yes, my Lord. He is required reading for the Humanist Society, to which I used to subscribe.

Have you noticed that my own 'religion' of not believing, if I may call it that, is not dependent on God's existence?
I know, and I'm very impressed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by LordReed(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

His God Argument: The Case against Religion and for Humanism, you mean. Yes, my Lord. He is required reading for the Humanist Society, to which I used to subscribe.

Have you noticed that my own 'religion' of not believing, if I may call it that, is not dependent on God's existence?

That's interesting. Why did you stop?

Yes my dear buda I noticed it. I wish I could join you but I have foresworn off all forms of religion. I think I have too much gunk in my head that any religion will be come poison to me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:33am On Jun 29, 2020
LordReed:

Yes my dear buda I noticed it. I wish I could join you but I have foresworn off all forms of religion. I think I have too much gunk in my head that any religion will be come poison to me.
peace and love

No religion
No Tags

Btw the way y'all be calling each other be lit haha
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Buda is obviously not buddah nor Buddha. And no, I have not created my own religion.

What I have done is become as a child, as in, abandon all preconceptions, and approach the religious texts anew. Its amazing how many try to fill one with their own misconceived ideas while claiming their Bible spoke to them.
as a child , hmm

But why ? To prove something ? Tell me
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:37am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Buda is obviously not buddah nor Buddha. And no, I have not created my own religion.

What I have done is become as a child, as in, abandon all preconceptions, and approach the religious texts anew. Its amazing how many try to fill one with their own misconceived ideas while claiming their Bible spoke to them.
funny when I first dropped out of school , I became Religious straight up and yeah the bible did speak to me , lol crazy how the mind works
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I know but not a believer

I may be buda. .. someday ,, ,,well till then

My balance is from dicipline meditation and determination

What brings you balance?
No, Sourcerer, you cannot be buda no matter how many somedays. What you are and can be is TheSourcerer. One can only be oneself.

Understanding brings me balance, whatever of it I have. And that understanding has come about by my acceptance of Jesus Christ the Logos into my heart and life.

"In the beginning was the Word", wrote John. And to acquire understanding one must allow many Words into one's life, and not live by bread alone. It means, read many books and not just one. But that's not how it's preached, unfortunately. Fortunately, however, many are turning atheistic to wrong teachings and more eyes are opening. Your's are an example, though you wouldn't say Jesus done it since your use of theistic language does not go so far because you do not yet realise it is a language separate to that which we normally speak.
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
funny when I first dropped out of school , I became Religious straight up and yeah the bible did speak to me , lol crazy how the mind works
Lol, indeed. Unfortunately, those the Bible speak to fail to realise that they speak to themselves, and what they claim is the Bible speaking is them imposing their very limited understanding on the text.

If only they could become as a child and be reborn. But as is written, harder than a camel through a needle's eye, so rather than try to understand, like you, many become atheists and claim it gods do not exist. It's why such people are called fools. If only they could try harder.

1 Like

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Lol, indeed. Unfortunately, those the Bible speak to fail to realise that they speak to themselves, and what they claim is the Bible speaking is them imposing their very limited understanding on the text.

If only they could become as a child and be reborn. But as is written, harder than a camel through a needle's eye, so rather than try to understand, like you, many become atheists and claim it gods do not exist. It's why such people are called fools. If only they could try harder.
what if we are all fools then , the people speaking to themselves as God' and those who disprove him

But you growing up again should bring something new outside the status quo ♥️
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:54am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

No, Sourcerer, you cannot be buda no matter how many somedays. What you are and can be is TheSourcerer. One can only be oneself.

Understanding brings me balance, whatever of it I have. And that understanding has come about by my acceptance of Jesus Christ the Logos into my heart and life.

"In the beginning was the Word", wrote John. And to acquire understanding one must allow many Words into one's life, and not live by bread alone. It means, read many books and not just one. But that's not how it's preached, unfortunately. Fortunately, however, many are turning atheistic to wrong teachings and more eyes are opening. Your's are an example, though you wouldn't say Jesus done it since your use of theistic language does not go so far because you do not yet realise it is a language separate to that which we normally speak.
you seriously had to add Jesus and his quote smh
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2020
LordReed:

Stopped being a humanist? No, my Lord, I have never stopped, I just stopped my paid subscription. I'm so much a humanist that I read the book of the religions of those around me in order to understand and learn to love them better, as taught by the Buddha.

There is a difference between being religious, which I am not, and reading a book and understanding it. The books show how humans are programmed. Understanding the books helps psychoanalyse humans in order to understand them. And of course, one must start with the forest in one's own eye.

2 Likes

Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 11:02am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
you seriously had to add Jesus and his quote smh
Yes I did. It is a language I speak. And of course, you do not choose my words for me nor do I have the need to pander to you since you did not create me nor are you my God!

Imagine if I were to say you should write proper sentences and spell your words correctly, wouldn't you say I was exceeding my authority?
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 11:07am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Yes I did. It is a language I speak. And of course, you do not choose my words for me nor do I have the need to pander to you since you did not create me nor are you my God!

Imagine if I were to say you should write proper sentences and spell your words correctly, wouldn't you say I was exceeding my authority?
I know what you mean , I grew up to disdain that name .

But it's just a word , your diction

Did you guys notice how many people are on the thread right now and just reading the comments lol
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 11:15am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
what if we are all fools then , the people speaking to themselves as God' and those who disprove him

But you growing up again should bring something new outside the status quo ♥️
In a sense, we are all fools. But moreso those who try to prove or disprove the existence of gods. And indeed "something new".

Paul, while advocating humanism, is written to have said:

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Basically, grow-up and evolve, which is the purpose of, and process, that is detailed in the Bible. Pity is how few still see only a reflection. Like pointing to the moon but seeing only the finger.
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 11:18am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

In a sense, we are all fools. But moreso those who try to prove or disprove the existence of gods. And indeed "something new".

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Basically, grow-up and evolve, which is the purpose of, and process, that is detailed in the Bible. Pity is how few still see only a reflection. Like pointing to the moon but seeing only the finger.
where were you born? , and what month day
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 11:21am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
where were you born? , and what month day
That's a very off topic question, sourcerer!

I was born in the London Borough of Lewisham on the 20th of July.
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 11:44am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

That's a very off topic question, sourcerer!

I was born in the London Borough of Lewisham on the 20th of July.
nah not off topic
Remember I ask one question to find out another
The number 20 though is not typical of a Buda
July maybe,

Oh London
It's a good thing but bad too
If you were home based /born , and think outside the box then there may just be hope for Nigerians
But now nada !It's sad

Explains alot
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 11:45am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

If you put it this way it's bearable to read for me ,
Paul Advocating for humanism not Advocating for Christ .
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 11:48am On Jun 29, 2020
Is there a mental disorder , people are saying something seemingly important , but I say something else entirely , like I'm already done with their discussion , I'll spontaneously say something random

I always thought this normal but beginning to think it's another mental disorder
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:

If you put it this way it's bearable to read for me ,
Paul Advocating for humanism not Advocating for Christ .
But you must not find it "bearable to read" , Sourcerer! You should disagree! You should say, "that is not what Paul was saying"! You should ask, "and who gives you the authority to interpret the Bible in such a way", and "how dare you call Christ humanism"?

You see. What I am accusing you of is, instead of understanding the Bible for yourself, you reject what you have been told to believe, as you very well ought to and as Jesus also rejected what he was supposed to believe, except, you deny yourself of all that you could learn from it because of your antipathy to a name! It is not your fault, however. They tell you to believe, lol. Who, pray thee, with a brain in their head and the ability to use it would not reject what they are told to believe especially when it does not correspond with what they perceive with their own senses? Sheep, I say. And brain dead people who's senses don't work. And people who think the Bible was written in heaven by God! And those who have not fully imbibed Jesus the Logos into their hearts and minds and souls.

When it is written that one should seek the Kingdom of God, gain understanding of godly things is meant, and not just believe in any odd stuff without understanding what it is one is asked to believe. Unfortunately, those who preach, the majority at least, lack understanding, so they give stones instead of bread so to speak, and sell fake promises in some after life as a reward for suffering on earth, and people buy all this with their tithes so their pastors get rich and fat and fly aeroplanes while the tithers come on here begging for food!

I tell you the truth. Any God who makes me such promises will be taken to the bottom of a river and drowned after I bash its silly head in for thinking I could be so gullible! And if I believed such promises without first understanding, I myself will take buda to the bottom of the river and bash buda's head in and drown buda for being so gullible and stupid!

"Give me peace now God", says I. "I'm not suffering for three score and ten for some imaginary blissful afterlife"! Thankfully, God looks at buda and probably shakes its head at my audacity and says, "Well. I guess I created buda how buda is", and therefore blesses buda abundantly, or rather, shows buda how to learn to "be fruitful and increase in number; and fill the earth and subdue it, and rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground”. And because buda learns, buda is blessed.

There is immense power in understanding Jesus, see, but you got to seek understanding to get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
nah not off topic
Remember I ask one question to find out another
The number 20 though is not typical of a Buda
July maybe,

Oh London
It's a good thing but bad too
If you were home based /born , and think outside the box then there may just be hope for Nigerians
But now nada !It's sad

Explains alot
I don't understand why anything should be typical about a unique individual called buda. There's only one buda, after all, created in God's image and not in anyone else's, and just like everyone else she's unique.

There is hope for Nigerians, Sourcerer! I am unfortunately stuck where I am at the moment due to something that caught me in Nigeria, but I talk on here with Nigerians in Nigeria, and I have lots of relatives and friends and acquitances in Nigeria, and a whole town whom I constantly discuss and reason with too, and while many do say "there is a demon in buda", gradually, like with you, some understanding occurs, and some change their points of view, like you are going to in due time. Do note however that if you believe a single word I say instead of understanding it, I will insult you again by calling you a theist and a sheep! And no, I am not suggesting you become a Christian or a Muslim, but that you be the you that you are and are meant to be. If God wanted you to be otherwise, you would not be who you are.

I'm taking a break. I've been up since 9am Sunday having these sort of conversations with numerous people on many platforms and around the world and I'm now tired and my eyes have stopped seeing and my brain is no more at its optimum so I'm going to go slip in a bath and rest awhile.

I'm signing off with a hymn about that name you say you hate so much. Lol. Enjoy, and thank you immensely for your patience and time and the effort you've put in to understand the ramblings of theist buda.

You, sir, are highly regarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owx3ao42kwI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

But you must not find it "bearable to read" , Sourcerer! You should disagree! You should say, "that is not what Paul was saying"! You should ask, "and who gives you the authority to interpret the Bible in such a way", and "how dare you call Christ humanism"?

You see. What I am accusing you of is, instead of understanding the Bible for yourself, you reject what you have been told to believe, as you very well ought to and as Jesus also rejected what he was supposed to believe, except, you deny yourself of all that you could learn from it because of your antipathy to a name! It is not your fault, however. They tell you to believe, lol. Who, pray thee, with a brain in their head and the ability to use it would not reject what they are told to believe especially when it does not correspond with what they perceive with their own senses? Sheep, I say. And brain dead people who's senses don't work. And people who think the Bible was written in heaven by God! And those who have not fully imbibed Jesus the Logos into their hearts and minds and souls.

When it is written that one should seek the Kingdom of God, gain understanding of godly things is meant, and not just believe in any odd stuff without understanding what it is one is asked to believe. Unfortunately, those who preach, the majority at least, lack understanding, so they give stones instead of bread so to speak, and sell fake promises in some after life as a reward for suffering on earth, and people buy all this with their tithes so their pastors get rich and fat and fly aeroplanes while the tithers come on here begging for food!

I tell you the truth. Any God who makes me such promises will be taken to the bottom of a river and drowned after I bash its silly head in for thinking I could be so gullible! And if I believed such promises without first understanding, I myself will take buda to the bottom of the river and bash buda's head in and drown buda for being so gullible and stupid!

"Give me peace now God", says I. "I'm not suffering for three score and ten for some imaginary blissful afterlife"! Thankfully, God looks at buda and probably shakes its head at my audacity and says, "Well. I guess I created buda how buda is", and therefore blesses buda abundantly, or rather, shows buda how to learn to "be fruitful and increase in number; and fill the earth and subdue it, and rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground”. And because buda learns, buda is blessed.

There is immense power in understanding Jesus, see, but you got to seek understanding to get it.
i feel you 100percent ,but still have you gotten the answer to why we are here ? Why we are born?
I don't think this world is mysterious at all ,, there are known knows and unknown unknowns
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

I don't understand why anything should be typical about a unique individual called buda. There's only one buda, after all, created in God's image and not in anyone else's, and just like everyone else she's unique.

There is hope for Nigerians, Sourcerer! I am unfortunately stuck where I am at the moment due to something that caught me in Nigeria, but I talk on here with Nigerians in Nigeria, and I have lots of relatives and friends and acquitances in Nigeria, and a whole town whom I constantly discuss and reason with too, and while many do say "there is a demon in buda", gradually, like with you, some understanding occurs, and some change their points of view, like you are going to in due time. Do note however that if you believe a single word I say instead of understanding it, I will insult you again by calling you a theist and a sheep! And no, I am not suggesting you become a Christian or a Muslim, but that you be the you that you are and are meant to be. If God wanted you to be otherwise, you would not be who you are.

I'm taking a break. I've been up since 9am Sunday having these sort of conversations with numerous people on many platforms and around the world and I'm now tired and my eyes have stopped seeing and my brain is no more at its optimum so I'm going to go slip in a bath and rest awhile.

I'm signing off with a hymn about that name you say you hate so much. Lol. Enjoy, and thank you immensely for your patience and time and the effort you've put in to understand the ramblings of theist buda.

You, sir, are highly regarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owx3ao42kwI
funny I just got up , they hmm was worth waking up to

You say unfortunately stuck here ,
I get that , but feels Nigeria is irredeemable way you put it
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

I would like to take one of those Gods down and beat the fvck outta them too ,how's the afternoon going though .........
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 7:27am On Jun 30, 2020
TheSourcerer:
,how's the afternoon going though .........
Afternoon? Lol! An hour in the bath, then I slept and I slept and I woke up starving this morning as I didn't even get up to eat. My last meal was Sunday, I think. A chicken salad.

Good morning Sourcerer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

Afternoon? Lol! An hour in the bath, then I slept and I slept and I woke up starving this morning as I didn't even get up to eat. My last meal was Sunday, I think. A chicken salad.

Good morning Sourcerer.
Sunday? Dude whats up? Watching weights. ?
An hour in the bath tub ugh yeeah that's heaven .

Morning ♥️♥️
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2020
TheSourcerer:
here are my believes

Karma does not exist
What will be will be
Life is not predestined
I believe in Aliens
I did not believe in evolution until early this year (reasons later , evolution happens but not the beginning of man)
I believe life must exist no matter what , even if it's debris in space life must exist
Nobody has died and come back
I know there's no reincarnation
Shadowmen are Aliens
We have other species of human than we know now
No one has seen the spiritual (exception of mental illness causing hullicenations)
And if the spirits really do exist then we should be more powerful , and they scared of us and not the other way around

I believe In Death
I believe bad things will happen to good people and good things will also happen to good people , in inverse it's still the same

We are not of this world literally Animals do , We cook our food before we eat , we have no defensive biological mecanism

I partly believe in cryptids ( big foot , yeti , lochness (hoax), Himalayas man, )
I believe in mermaids (not spirit at all)
As they are sea horses , sea lions , even sea snakes and rodents so why won't there be a see-human or as least look suite
I was saving this for when my mind could handle a response.

I, myself, do not believe any of the things you list above.

Take karma, for instance. I do not believe in karma at all. What I do know for sure is that I always reap what I sow. And there's no way I could harvest cocoa if I put maize in the ground.

Take "what will be will be". Indeed, if I sit on my ass and do nothing perhaps. But by the power invested in me, what is is whatever I put effort in to make be, because, "life is indeed not predestined".

Aliens? Jung would say they are the 20th century version of angels, and then laugh when alien believers don't believe in angels and demons.

Evolution? Death? Well since you accept it happens, shouldn't the correct expression be "I know", rather than, you "believe"?

Believers are lazy people. They create crap inside their heads and claim it is so. Beliefs themselves are the crap. They are hypothesis - suppositions or proposed explanations made on the basis of limited evidence. At best, they are a starting point for further investigation. And the strong do the investigative work so they actually know.

Here's one I prepared earlier on the topic.
Disbelieve and Know!
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

Take karma, for instance. I do not believe in karma at all. What I do know for sure is that I always reap what I sow. And there's no way I could harvest cocoa if I put maize in the ground.

Take "what will be will be". Indeed, if I sit on my ass and do nothing perhaps. But by the power invested in me, what is is whatever I put effort in to make be, because, "life is indeed not predestined".

Aliens? Jung would say they are the 20th century version of angels, and then laugh when alien believers don't believe in angels and demons.

Evolution? Death? Well since you accept it happens, shouldn't the correct expression be "I know", rather than, you "believe"?

Believers are lazy people. They create crap inside their heads and claim it is so. Beliefs themselves are the crap. They are hypothesis - suppositions or proposed explanations made on the basis of limited evidence. At best, they are a starting point for further investigation. And the strong do the investigative work so they actually know.

Disbelieve and Know!
and you what's your take on evolution , and how man got here?

On the thread disbelief to know

1 Like

Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 8:47am On Jun 30, 2020
TheSourcerer:

Sunday? Dude whats up? Watching weights. ?
An hour in the bath tub ugh yeeah that's heaven .

Morning ♥️♥️
I have a condition that makes food digest very slowly. It makes me feel so full up that I can't eat though I'm hungry at the same time, but eating just makes my constipation worse.

Today, for instance, despite my hunger, breakfast is a coffee and a banana. Lunch might be the pizza I'll make with ingredients I bought a week ago that would go off if not used soon, otherwise, it's rice and chicken or a salad, with supper depending on how full I feel.
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 9:32am On Jun 30, 2020
TheSourcerer:
and you what's your take on evolution , and how man got here?

On the thread disbelief to know
Man, or rather, humans evolved from beings that preceded them.

See my thread on Evolution 101

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 9:33am On Jun 30, 2020
TheSourcerer:
as a child , hmm

But why ? To prove something ? Tell me
To understand.
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:07am On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

To understand.
but even when you understand you die still and go to the grave so what then? Your 'knowing' dies with you?
Okay let's say you create a religion and this knowledge is passed , see the essence of making a religion, would you make one?
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:22am On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

Disbelieve and Know!
glad you don't believe in karma take for instance I shoot up a pre school , then logically (according to karma) those kids did something to deserve what they got

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unzik Post Ume Out / What Is Your Worst Cgpa As A Student? / Busted!! First Human Remains Discovered Was In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.