Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Not For Atheists! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Not For Atheists! (3699 Views)

Atheists And Scientists Exposed. Question For Atheism. / Academics, Scientists And Atheists Explain The Things That Happen In This Video / Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 7:19am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Dad was ATheist too
Mom converted him to religion after they married
Then I was born in a Christ ridden home but something was not right , I could see my father I could see my mother , but I was taught to know God

Time went on of course , I accepted the conflicting ideas of the bible and accepted it as truth , at this time (2-4 years) I had no idea any other religion existed , heck I thought Muslim were a tribe or so , I had no idea I was even in a Religion

Time went on at 9 /10 started reading )outside school corriculum )
First thing that fasinated me were dinosoars (yes I was reading the encyclopedia ) or at least looking at the beautiful colors , now this thought came , did God create these animals ? Why aren't they here anymore , and why hasn't the bible metioned them once if God made them (I dismissed this again ) ...

Time went on I needed to ask question as this God logic was really not helping me ,. .
So, you were indoctrinated, then you started asking questions. I'm glad you did since it seems you did not really know much until you asked questions.

I'll give you something in return before going on. I was born into a family that had no time for gods, and in a country where gods did not roam the streets, unlike in Nigeria where they are everywhere, and I did not hear about them until I was 7 and arrived in Nigeria. You may read the rest of my story here.

Now, back to you. You say you needed to ask question as this God logic was really not helping you. Would that "logic" be the existence of God, or an understanding of the book about God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 7:21am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

So, you were indoctrinated, then you started asking questions. I'm glad you did since it seems you did not really know much until you asked questions.

I'll give you something in return before going on. I was born into a family that had no time for gods, and in a country where gods did not roam the streets, unlike in Nigeria where they are everywhere, and I did not hear about them until I was 7 and arrived in Nigeria. You may read the rest of my story here.

Now, back to you. You say you needed to ask question as this God logic was really not helping you. Would that "logic" be the existence of God, or an understanding of the book about God?
as in he created us , he should directly be responsible for us , not us hearing from another man God's logic or what God wants , give me a few to go through the post
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 7:31am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
oh boy do I hate that name jesus-_-
Fucking monster
Btw his real name is supposed to be yehusua hamaschiach

So how the hell is there power in the name Jesus Christ ,

Do they pass powerful names down from generation to generation? Smh
Real name? Now, how would you happen to know that? Did you read it in a book perhaps, and are you claiming it is the name of a person who actually existed?

What exactly did this Yehus[h]ua Hamaschiach do that makes you hate him so much, or is it just the anglicisation of his name that you hate?

And, what exactly did he do that makes you see him as a monster?
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 7:33am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Real name? Now, how would you happen to know that? Did you read it in a book perhaps, and are you claiming it is the name of a person who actually existed?

What exactly did this Yehus[h]ua Hamaschiach do that makes you hate him so much, or is it just the anglicisation of his name that you hate?

And, what exactly did he do that makes you see him as a monster?
I see why you ask these questions now , .. you know , but want to know
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 7:39am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
as in he created us , he should directly be responsible for us , not us hearing from another man God's logic or what God wants , give me a few to go through the post
Because he supposedly created us, he should take care of us too? Why should he? Is that not like saying because your parents gave birth to you they should be responsible for you?

Should your parents be responsible for you all through your life and even after they are dead too even though they might have given you the tools to stand on your own two feet?

And why, for Christ sake, would you be "hearing from another man God's logic or what God wants"? Can't you read and understand for yourself?
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 7:43am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Because he supposedly created us, he should take care of us too? Why should he? Is that not like saying because your parents gave birth to you they should be responsible for you?

Should your parents be responsible for you all through your life and even after they are dead too even though they might have given you the tools to stand on your own two feet?

And why, for Christ sake, would you be "hearing from another man God's logic or what God wants"? Can't you read and understand for yourself?
I did twice
And he did promise not to leave us , that '''if the birds of the air never lack food how much more we his children'
So many many quotes on false protection , false hope and motivation
But you already know these things ,
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 7:43am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I see why you ask these questions now , .. you know , but want to know
Do note that I am asking about your own understanding.

I do not know, Sourcerer, and yes, I do want to know, and there's absolutely no way for me to know about you unless I ask and you tell me.
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Do note that I am asking about your own understanding.

I do not know, Sourcerer, and yes, I do want to know, and there's absolutely no way for me to know about you unless I ask and you tell me.
good ! Now towing that line , are we not to ask our'father ' questions and he answers them as simple as it was asked ?
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 7:56am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
You know if not for my parents I wouldn't have known or heard that name , if our intelligence wasn't beaten out of us , our senses stolen from us while we were kids , things would be obviously diffredif , children will express unique capabilities and not suppress themselves and create the society we have today
Intelligence was beaten out of you and your senses stolen? Sounds like you were born fully formed and your parents then made you, forgive me, but stupid is the only word I can think of here.

I did not have that experience myself. All my beatings were to beat sense into me, though I must admit that they were working within their own understanding, which, looking back, was not exactly perfect, but I can't say they made me stupid. I mean, that would have been uberstupid of them since I am my parent's investment, my mother tells me. If my parents had stolen my senses, I think their returns on me might be a lot less than what they currently are, don't you think? It would be like crippling their horse and losing its value, which is a very stupid thing to do. Another word for it would be bad parenting.

Were you badly parented, Sourcerer?
Re: Not For Atheists! by sinkhole: 7:58am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Dad was ATheist too
Mom converted him to religion after they married
Then I was born in a Christ ridden home but something was not right , I could see my father I could see my mother , but I was taught to know God

Time went on of course , I accepted the conflicting ideas of the bible and accepted it as truth , at this time (2-4 years) I had no idea any other religion existed , heck I thought Muslim were a tribe or so , I had no idea I was even in a Religion

Time went on at 9 /10 started reading )outside school corriculum )
First thing that fasinated me were dinosoars (yes I was reading the encyclopedia ) or at least looking at the beautiful colors , now this thought came , did God create these animals ? Why aren't they here anymore , and why hasn't the pasror metioned them once if God made them, they were so fasinating (I dismissed this again ) ...

Time went on I needed to ask questions aalot of questions like how did the all human race (known and unknown ) come from two white people , and god was white , Jesus was white , so who were we ?
Men I asked questions to the extent the pastor told my parents they were not training me in the way of the Lord )in my mind I was like which Lord's way again) of course I knew I'll be flogged when I got home , which I was

So I stopped asking questions since this God logic was really not helping me ,. .
WAO, that's something serious there!
I am not really an atheist because I believe in supernatural existence but these Gods of Christianity and Islam, they confuse a lot!
Ogun is very well at home with amadioha while Buddha will say you have to be in harmony with nature but Christian/Muslim God simply hates everybody, He always order His followers to kill and destroy everybody else, e.g., Protestants and Catholics in Britain, boko haram in Africa/Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 8:01am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Intelligence was beaten out of you and your senses stolen? Sounds like you were born fully formed and your parents then made you, forgive me, but stupid is the only word I can think of here.

I did not have that experience myself. All my beatings were to beat sense into me, though I must admit that they were working within their own understanding, which, looking back, was not exactly perfect, but I can't say they made me stupid. I mean, that would have been uberstupid of them since I am my parent's investment, my mother tells me. If my parents had stolen my senses, I think their returns on me might be a lot less than what they currently are, don't you think? It would be like crippling their horse and losing its value, which is a very stupid thing to do. Another word for it would be bad parenting.

Were you badly parented, Sourcerer?
no , tbh they are great , really great parents I'm literally from a perfect home (lack of subtler word)

And by beaten intelligence out I meant the average Religious African home

How I became what I am ? I guess some goods just leave the factory broken
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 8:04am On Jun 29, 2020
sinkhole:

WAO, that's something serious there!
I am not really an atheist because I believe in supernatural existence but these Gods of Christianity and Islam, they confuse a lot!
Ogun is very well at home with amadioha while Buddha will say you have to be in harmony with nature but Christian/Muslim God simply hates everybody, He always order His followers to kill and destroy everybody else, e.g., Protestants and Catholics in Britain, boko haram in Africa/Nigeria!
it's logical for their hatred since they are sister religion from the prime Judaism , it is only normal for one to get mad at the other one over '''doctrines' mare doctrines of a man at the pulpit that practically only knows bussiness and mental manipulation

And yes people die because of differences in doctrines , they tag it Religious war , imagine 2 messangers coming to a peaceful village with 2 scrolls from the same king , and these villagers really believing it was from a king/god , do you still see peace and unity ruling that village ? No it would be utter discord and wars arguments trying to prove this scroll rightly came from the king /god , while the messangers on horses just sway they horses and move their way never hearing from them again

That's how this world is now
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 8:28am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
good ! Now towing that line , are we not to ask our'father ' questions and he answers them as simple as it was asked ?
Indeed we are to question, though the answer would depend on one's parents ability to answer or who else one asks. Some just hate children asking questions, or they don't know how to answer simply.

Me though, I'll ask and take the beatings, and still ask, but I do confess that I was brought up to ask questions, as you can see here. Even my nursery education was, Who what When where why how, as you'd see here too. And if those around me can't answer my questions I'll go do my own research.

Not all questions can be answered by others, is the point of my ramble.
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 8:29am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
no , tbh they are great , really great parents I'm literally from a perfect home (lack of subtler word)

And by beaten intelligence out I meant the average Religious African home

How I became what I am ? I guess some goods just leave the factory broken
I am not asking about "the average Religious African home", Sourcerer, I am asking specifically about you and your own experience.
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 8:34am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I did twice
And he did promise not to leave us , that '''if the birds of the air never lack food how much more we his children'
So many many quotes on false protection , false hope and motivation
But you already know these things ,
No Sourcerer! Nobody and nothing promised not to leave you, "that '''if the birds of the air never lack food how much more we his children"! Do not lie to me please!

Is it not true that you merely read it in a book, twice, you tell me, this so called promise not to leave you, and that '''if the birds of the air never lack food how much more we his children"?
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 8:35am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

I am not asking about "the average Religious African home", Sourcerer, I am asking specifically about you and your own experience.
was forced to love God , his son , his mother Mary , the Angels , and I was thought hate , to hate sin , hate the devil and look at other Religions one way ... ..

See how Religion creates hate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 8:37am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

No Sourcerer! Nobody and nothing promised not to leave you, "that '''if the birds of the air never lack food how much more we his children"! Do not lie to me please!

Is it not true that you merely read it in a book, twice, you tell me, this so called promise not to leave you, and that '''if the birds of the air never lack food how much more we his children"?
I know you know the bible said so . .... I'm trying to see where you're coming from , because like me I ask but seek another from your response

What exactly do you want to know Brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 9:20am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

I think you forget that you do not speak to my sort because I disappoint you, Sourcerer. But since you admit that Jesus confuses you a lot, I'll humour you knowing it would end in insults coming my way.

You say "jeebus cares for them and died for them and will die again for them in the future". I take it you mean Jesus. Have you ever tried to understand what Jesus might mean, apart from what you think others might believe? After all, as an atheist, you are not told what to think or believe and can think and reason for yourself and you talk as one who has read the book.

What, Sourcerer, does Jesus mean to you?
and I really didn't mean what I said , I did then , but tbh I feel guilt , you're pratically sential , you are God . You define your reality , we are in the same building but it seems different floors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 9:42am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
was forced to love God , his son , his mother Mary , the Angels , and I was thought hate , to hate sin , hate the devil and look at other Religions one way ... ..

See how Religion creates hate?
No, Sourcerer, I do not see how religion creates hate. What I do see is some humans teaching a hateful form of religion in a hateful way. And yes, such teachings create hate. But why are you blaming the God book, or God, or Jesus for that hatred? Are they responsible for the hatred of humans?
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 9:48am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
and I really didn't mean what I said , I did then , but tbh I feel guilt , you're pratically sential , you are God . You define your reality , we are in the same building but it seems different floors
I know, Sourcerer, lol. You hadn't heard that we do not insult buda or you didn't care, but I knew you'd see the error of your ways in due time. Everyone does, or they go around feeling disturbed whenever they see my name.

Same building but different floors though? Please do not forget that buda is a theist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 9:49am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

I know, Sourcerer, lol. You hadn't heard that we do not insult buda or you didn't care, but I knew you'd see the error of your ways in due time. Everyone does, or they go around feeling disturbed whenever they see my name.

Same building but different floors though? Please do not forget that buda is a theist.
I know but not a believer

I may be buda. .. someday ,, ,,well till then

My balance is from dicipline meditation and determination

What brings you balance?
Re: Not For Atheists! by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Only because atheists haven't yet worked out what their doctrine might be and therefore obsess about gods.

If atheists were to focus more on what it is that makes them atheists, like not just ignorantly believing, seeking knowledge, the use of the senses and the ability to reason (though lacking amongst many atheists and theists alike), the world would surely improve somewhat. Unfortunately, they spend their time arguing about the existence of gods that they claim do not exist instead of putting gods in their context and understanding the teachings that surround them.

Glad to see you, my Lord, are "working on purging my system of that". Arguing about the existence of gods is like arguing about unicorns and Russell's teapot, and is a sure way to prove one is foolish, as is written.

Which is why I am switching to advocating humanism. I am slowly developing my appetite for it and would love to immerse myself in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 9:59am On Jun 29, 2020
LordReed:

Which is why I am switching to advocating humanism. I am slowly developing my appetite for it and would love to immerse myself in it.
I just don't need tags , we are Freethinking humans , it's as simple as that , God doesn't have to be the basics of anything concerning a Free thinker
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:00am On Jun 29, 2020
LordReed:

Humanism is not for me trust me ,
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Buda is not buddah

Hmm you created your Religion .
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 10:03am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I know you know the bible said so . .... I'm trying to see where you're coming from , because like me I ask but seek another from your response

What exactly do you want to know Brother
Remember I called you a theist and that I was insulting you? Here you go again being a theist!

Do tell, does your Bible speak?

What I want is to understand the sort of atheist you are, since the word has had many meanings thru the years. Socrates did not believe in the gods of his community and so was an atheist, for instance. And Jesus Christ was crucified for his atheism of not believing as his community expected him to.
Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 10:07am On Jun 29, 2020
LordReed:

Interesting, my Lord. You want to adopt the ideology of loving ones neighbours and enemies.

It's called the Golden Rule for a reason. And if you check, there's no rule of greater value than gold.
Re: Not For Atheists! by LordReed(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Interesting, my Lord. You want to adopt the ideology of loving ones neighbours and enemies.

It's called the Golden Rule for a reason. And if you check, there's no rule of greater value than gold.

Yes.

Have you heard of A C Grayling?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2020
TheSourcerer:

Buda is not buddah

Hmm you created your Religion .
Buda is obviously not buddah nor Buddha. And no, I have not created my own religion.

What I have done is become as a child, as in, abandon all preconceptions, and approach the religious texts anew. Its amazing how many try to fill one with their own misconceived ideas while claiming their Bible spoke to them.
Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:16am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

Remember I called you a theist and that I was insulting you? Here you go again being a theist!

Do tell, does your Bible speak?

What I want is to understand the sort of atheist you are, since the word has had many meanings thru the years. Socrates did not believe in the gods of his community and so was an atheist, for instance. And Jesus Christ was crucified for his atheism of not believing as his community expected him to.
here are my believes

Karma does not exist
What will be will be
Life is not predestined
I believe in Aliens
I did not believe in evolution until early this year (reasons later , evolution happens but not the beginning of man)
I believe life must exist no matter what , even if it's debris in space life must exist
Nobody has died and come back
I know there's no reincarnation
Shadowmen are Aliens
We have other species of human than we know now
No one has seen the spiritual (exception of mental illness causing hullicenations)
And if the spirits really do exist then we should be more powerful , and they scared of us and not the other way around

I believe In Death
I believe bad things will happen to good people and good things will also happen to good people , in inverse it's still the same

We are not of this world literally Animals do , We cook our food before we eat , we have no defensive biological mecanism

I partly believe in cryptids ( big foot , yeti , lochness (hoax), Himalayas man, )
I believe in mermaids (not spirit at all)
As they are sea horses , sea lions , even sea snakes and rodents so why won't there be a see-human or as least look suite

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Not For Atheists! by budaatum: 10:24am On Jun 29, 2020
LordReed:

Yes.

Have you heard of A C Grayling?
His God Argument: The Case against Religion and for Humanism, you mean. Yes, my Lord. He is required reading for the Humanist Society, to which I used to subscribe.

Have you noticed that my own 'religion' of not believing, if I may call it that, is not dependent on God's existence?

1 Like

Re: Not For Atheists! by TheSourcerer: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2020
budaatum:

No, Sourcerer,. *** I do not see **** how religion creates hate.

**What I do see is some humans teaching a hateful form of religion in a hateful way.**** And yes, such teachings create hate. But why are you blaming the God book, or God, or Jesus for that hatred? Are they responsible for the hatred of humans?
For the first Asterisked you may not but I do , which makes it both our opinions (let's agree to disagree)
2nd part i agree with but you know they preach this way because it was written you must go to the four corners of the world (btw earth is not flat duh)
They preach hate about other religion as other sister religions do , even sister monks protest and dispose each other due to difference in doctrines and rites , made a post about that btw

Now I blame God Jesus Mohamed for this hate because like the analogy I made about the king sending two different messangers at different times with different orders (mostly hating on the previous messager) , leaving the villagers hanging , ...confused and yeah killing each other on which of the messanger was right , was there even a message to begin with , if the king loved his people so much ,why conflicting texts ? Why not come and explain in your own words let us know you as a father

Killings and rapes in random areas churches and mosques and he could not do nothing? Now tell me what's the diffrdiffe between Uwa a believer and Jane an unbeliver ? They both got raped I the church , they both were killed ,

But no the stupid bible goes further to tell us since UWa was a chrisysch she will be with him in paradise but Jane can go to hell because she was not a believer .. .....

Why now answer me this should I remain an Atheist .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Futminna Post Utme/d.e / Nabteb For Nov/dec / Any Major Differences Between WAEC And WAEC-GCE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.