Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Can I Be A Christian If I Dont Accept Some Stories In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Be A Christian If I Dont Accept Some Stories In The Bible? (181 Views)

Some Stories In The Bible Sounds Funny / You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. / My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Be A Christian If I Dont Accept Some Stories In The Bible? by Lhanre(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Christians generally believe that most non Christian religious myths are just village fables, because of some illogical claims contained in such myths, for example Oduduwa descending from heaven via a chain.... However, such illogical stories contained in the Bible such as the serpent speaking to Eve in Genesis 3:1-4, and Balaams ass speaking in Numbers 22:28 are accepted as fact.

If I consider such bible stories as fables, would that still qualify me as a Christian??
Re: Can I Be A Christian If I Dont Accept Some Stories In The Bible? by Ipromote: 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
Na you Sabi. All man to his kettle

Start the new week with boosted sales and patronage by marketing on social media. See siggh
Re: Can I Be A Christian If I Dont Accept Some Stories In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lhanre:
Christians generally believe that most non Christian religious myths are just cock and bull stories, because of some illogical claims contained in such myths, for example Oduduwa descending from heaven via a chain.... However, such illogical stories contained in the Bible such as the serpent speaking to Eve in Genesis 3:1-4, and Numbers 22:28 are accepted as fact.

If I consider such bible stories as cock and bull stories, would that still qualify me as a Christian??
you can try and find out the truth for yourself!
Re: Can I Be A Christian If I Dont Accept Some Stories In The Bible? by Daejoyoung: 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Yes you are still a Christian from my point of view, because no where in the bible is it stated that you must believe every single story in those 66 books to become a Christian.
Fables were common in the ancient world, therefore read them as part of the Israelite fables, and of course God can also speak through these fables.

(1) (Reply)

Be Encouraged / The Story Of The Hunter Who Followed God One Step At A Time / Skeletons In Grandfather’s Cupboard – Pastor D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.