Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. (1768 Views)

Are You A Christian If You Are Not Born Again? / You Are Not A Christian If You Support Harm Against Your Fellow Humans Because O / Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2021
Buy a Bible, don’t read it and you will be a Catholic.

Buy a Bible, read only what suits you and you will be come an evangelical Christian.

But a Bible, read it fully, analyze it, reason it, you will never become a Christian. You will discover that the book is utter nonsense and highly unreliable.

7 Likes

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MRDEE01: 9:00am On Oct 28, 2021
Tell your master,that Jesus is Lord forever

2 Likes

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2021
Reading and understanding are two different things...

Only people with a third eye can understand the messages in it..for the letter killeth
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2021
MRDEE01:

Jesus is just an idol....serapis

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:21am On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:

Buy a Bible, read only what suits you and you will be come an evangelical Christian.

But a Bible, read it fully, analyze it, reason it, you will never become a Christian. You will discover that the book is utter nonsense and highly unreliable.

That's what a book is to an ass. When an ass looks into a book, surely, we know it is incapable of learning..

It's just another paper to be chewed!

4 Likes

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:22am On Oct 28, 2021
MRDEE01:

He does not need to tell his master, the idiot already knows, which is why he is always always running here to complain about it.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 10:26am On Oct 28, 2021
sonmvayina:

Only people with a third eye can understand the messages in it..for the letter killeth
Tell me understanding you got from an unfertilized parthenogenetic birth Jesus.

You don’t need third eyes to make you understand that it’s utter nonsense and illogical. The of a third eyes a very laughable way of telling people not to question it even when logic says it’s nonsense
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 10:53am On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:

Preacher man.

A Bible that you yourself haven't read for once.

You have opened the pages but have not taken time to read. Yet you become an adviser.

Why are you like this. You aren't helping yourself. Trying to live in deceit and self denial isn't a life. You need to forgive your scanners and yourself Bro. It's a time of the unknown.

You don't criticize what you don't know. You can't even. It's obvious in all you write.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 10:56am On Oct 28, 2021
sonmvayina:

Jesus is just an idol....serapis

Idol of what Sir?
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Preacher man.

A Bible that you yourself haven't read for once.

You have opened the pages but have not taken time to read. Yet you become an adviser.

Why are you like this. You aren't helping yourself. Trying to live in deceit and self denial isn't a life. You need to forgive your scanners and yourself Bro. It's a time of the unknown.

You don't criticize what you don't know. You can't even. It's obvious in all you write.
There is nothing too difficult to understand in the bible.

What is difficult in understanding words written in English that Jesus was born without the usual gamete fertilization. No Y chromosome, Mary had magical operations performed on her somehow that even you do not understand.
The Bible is the most ridiculous book in history cheesy

Lol grin

4 Likes

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 11:21am On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Idol of what Sir?

Idol of a man..

God commanded us in his 2nd commandments
" do not make the image or LIKENESS of anything in heaven, on earth or under the waters below the earth, do not bow down to them or serve them"...
The romans created a god in the image and likeness of a man , something that is found on earth and Africans are mumuishly worshipping him without asking any questions. The ones that have asked and seen the idolatry and scam are now labeled as outsiders...

Jesus has got nothing to do with God. He was created at the Council of nicea...

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He does not need to tell his master, the idiot already knows, which is why he is always always running here to complain about it.

See a psychiatrist....

I promised you I will pay for it..

You are sliding into becoming a nuisance..

2 Likes

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
Tell me understanding you got from an unfertilized parthenogenetic birth Jesus.

You don’t need third eyes to make you understand that it’s utter nonsense and illogical. The of a third eyes a very laughable way of telling people not to question it even when logic says it’s nonsense

I don't believe in Jesus.. he is just an idol like I said. Ask me anything in God's laws...I will set you straight..
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 11:31am On Oct 28, 2021
sonmvayina:

I don't believe in Jesus.. he is just an idol like I said. Ask me anything in God's laws...I will set you straight..
My favorite part of the Bible is when after the flood, the ark landed and all the carnivores waited until their prey reproduced before eating them while the prey waited for grasses to grow before they can start reproducing.

Now read this with your common sense.

3 Likes

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:49am On Oct 28, 2021
sonmvayina:

See a psychiatrist....

I promised you I will pay for it..

You are sliding into becoming a nuisance..

Truly, you are mad today and you have set your teeth of insanity towards me. Uselu Patient!
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by triplechoice(m): 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:

Non of the above is completely true.

Anyone who proceeds to read any religious text with the certain believe that it is the true word of God would hardly see any inconsistency. If he finds any, he is sure going to find some way to explain it away. A fully indoctrinated person lacks the capacity to judge a religious text he subscribe to as not true or contains lies. It is not possible. It is what psychological studies has proven. In that state, he can see no error or lies

It is only an outsider to the faith that can easily noticed the inconsistency in it and dwell on it.

To convince anyone to abandon what they do if you consider it nonsense, you must know exactly what they're doing and the exact reason why they're doing it if not nobody would listen to you. You will just be talking to yourself.

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
triplechoice:

Non of the above is completely true.

Anyone who proceeds to read any religious text with the certain believe that it is the true word of God would hardly see any inconsistency. If he finds any, he is sure going to find some way to explain it away. A fully indoctrinated person lacks the capacity to judge a religious text he subscribe to as not true or contains lies. It is not possible. It is what psychological studies has proven. In that state, he can see no error or lies

It is only an outsider to the faith that can easily noticed the inconsistency in it and dwell on it.

To convince anyone to abandon what they do if you consider it nonsense, you must know exactly what they're doing and the exact reason why they're doing it if not nobody would listen to you. You will just be talking to yourself.

Belief is not logic and reason, you can’t be a Christian if you read the Bible with logical and reasoning mind because the Bible in itself contain a lot illogical texts that require you to believe outside the scope of logic and reason. This makes these text unverifiable and hard to accept for any logical person.

A lot of the biblical texts are not consistent with reality
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
Belief is not logic and reason,

Good Logic, not bad and stupid logic, is what brings about belief.

That is what every Fair and Unbiased Reasonable person knows!
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by triplechoice(m): 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
Belief is not logic and reason, you can’t be a Christian if you read the Bible with logical and reasoning mind because the Bible in itself contain a lot illogical texts that require you to believe outside the scope of logic and reason. This makes these text unverifiable and hard to accept for any logical person.

A lot of the biblical texts are not consistent with reality

I agree with you. But how would it be possible for the indoctrinated person to see it that way?

People don't read the Bible to get converted. They read and believe it after conversion and by that time they can no longer see the lies
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2021
triplechoice:

I agree with you. But how would it be possible for the indoctrinated person to see it that way?

People don't read the Bible to get converted. They read and believe it after conversion and by that time they can no longer see the lies
An indoctrinated person cannot see it that way because of cognitive dissonance.

He might become logical and reasonable in other areas of life but whenever it comes to his religion, cognitive dissonance with allow reason prevail.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by triplechoice(m): 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
An indoctrinated person cannot see it that way because of cognitive dissonance.

He might become logical and reasonable in other areas of life but whenever it comes to his religion, cognitive dissonance with allow reason prevail.

In other words ,it means your op will not make sense to the people I believe it is meant for
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
triplechoice:

In other words ,it means your op will not make sense to the people I believe it is meant for
Its not suppose to make sense to them. You don’t get it?

You cannot convince a fanatic from believing bogus stories because he’s aware that if those bogus stories were written outside of the Bible, it won’t make sense it him, he has to believe whatever is in the Bible whether or not it makes sense. That’s why they don’t believe The Flying Spaghetti Monster god thing, because it’s not in the Bible. Disbelieving religious stories is mostly instinctive and influenced by field/type of education one gets.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
sonmvayina:

Idol of a man..

God commanded us in his 2nd commandments
" do not make the image or LIKENESS of anything in heaven, on earth or under the waters below the earth, do not bow down to them or serve them"...
The romans created a god in the image and likeness of a man , something that is found on earth and Africans are mumuishly worshipping him without asking any questions. The ones that have asked and seen the idolatry and scam are now labeled as outsiders...

Jesus has got nothing to do with God. He was created at the Council of nicea...

Can you do a brief on how Jesus was created at Nicea. I hope you have read the Nicea council report well.

Put in mind.
The purpose of the meeting was to resolve issues among Christ preachers.

That
1. The reason for the Council is because Jesus was already being preached and its to resolve the issues among the preacher. All the doctrine of Christ were already in motion.

2. The conveyor, the emperor was known as a Christian, that is a follower of Christ. Hence he wouldn't have been the one who created Christ if he has been a follower. History had it that his mother or grand was a Christian.

Putting this in mind. Can you explain how Jesus was created in 3rd century when he was already being preached from the 1st century.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:

What is difficult in understanding words written in English that Jesus was born without the usual gamete fertilization. No Y chromosome, Mary had magical operations performed on her somehow that even you do not understand.

Lol grin

Good, I will like an open explanation from you here. To take a journey of Bible interpretation from its beginning with you here. I agreed the Bible is easy to know and that you have read it well and know it's false based on your knowledge.

Can we take this up, to examine the scriptures from its beginning. At least we can start with few text in Genesis here, so that you can let me see what I can't see that you are seeing. Since you have read it well.

I await your agreement.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Good, I will like an open explanation from you here. To take a journey of Bible interpretation from its beginning with you here. I agreed the Bible is easy to know and that you have read it well and know it's false.

Can we take this up, to examine the scriptures from its beginning. At least we can start with few text in Genesis here, so that you can let me see what I can't see that you are seeing. Since you have read it well.

I await your agreement.
I don’t want an unending argument. That’s what you are trying to create.
Just tell me the logic behind a woman giving birth to a male offspring without the contribution of a Y-chromosome. Owing to the fact that parthenogenesis has never been observed in any mammalian species and the gene has not been identified.

There’s no point taking me through the whole Bible, we don’t have time for that.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
sonmvayina:

Who also hath made us able, ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life! 2Corinthians 3:6

Quoting Paul's letter but saying Jesus never existed when the person you're quoting is one of the key members of Jesus' followers.

Is that not madness on your part? smiley
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:

Well the Author warned that the book is not to be read alone by any individual due to the use of different secretaries in penning down the words! Proverbs 2:1-5 smiley
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
I don’t want an unending argument. That’s what you are trying to create.
Just tell me the logic behind a woman giving birth to a male offspring without the contribution of a Y-chromosome. Owing to the fact that parthenogenesis has never been observed in any mammalian species and the gene has not been identified.

There’s no point taking me through the whole Bible, we don’t have time for that.

Please now.
I want to learn from that your massive knowledge of the scriptures. Don't shy away from this. I know you are sure of your knowledge, I want to help you market it here well by exposing the Bible. Please let's start it.

If not, no one will see you as being truthful or honest. I want everyone to see you as a honest man, a savior and deliverer from the bondage of the Bible. Don't you think it's what you have always desire.

Genesis 1:1-4 should be a good start. What do you think.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
triplechoice:

You church goers eh! Can you take a right handed car to the mechanic and it still comes back right handed a conversion?

Or a dirty person who enters a bathroom to bathe yet he comes out the same dirty person, a conversion?

My brother, belief is what causes conversion and not conversion, bringing belief.

It is unreasonable to purchase car insurance before you have a car.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Please now.
I want to learn from that your massive knowledge of the scriptures. Don't shy away from this. I know you are sure of your knowledge, I want to help you market it here well by exposing the Bible. Please let's start it.

If not, no one will see you as being truthful or honest. I want everyone to see you as a honest man, a savior and deliverer from the bondage of the Bible. Don't you think it's what you have always desire.

Genesis 1:1-4 should be a good start. What do you think.
Dude, just explain what I asked you to.
If I can be convinced that Mary gave birth to Jesus without a Y-chromosome, I will become a Christian today and I will never talk I’ll about Bible anymore.

I’m not here to argue back and forth with you or prove that I’m knowledgeable. I just need this one thing to convince me about the veracity if Christianity. It’s not an IQ tussle man
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:

Lol grin

Yet you Fail in its exams! grin

That definitely tells us how greatly in shambles your understanding is! grin
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well the Author warned that the book is not to be read alone by any individual due to the use of different secretaries in penning down the words! Proverbs 2:1-5 smiley
yes, a nonexistent author warned that it should be read alongside a nonexistent Holy Spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Feeling Alone – Connected / Gay Pastor Rocks Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: God’s Gift Is Eternal Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.