Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions After National Outcry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions After National Outcry (435 Views)

Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer / Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions / Sterling Bank To Work With Cynthia Morgan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions After National Outcry by JIGGYBOY(m): 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Access Bank on Sunday said it will refund its stamp duty deductions made from the account of its customers after a social media outcry on Saturday.

Stamp duty deductions apply to all credit received into current and savings accounts in respect to electronic transfer and teller deposits of N10, 000 and above. The money is remitted to the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The collection of the fee took effect in February but the bank delayed inadvertently its implementation until this week. Access Bank said in an email it sent to customers on June 23 that it “will be required to process the accumulated charges” incurred between February 1, 2020 and April 30, 2020.

But many customers said they did not see the bank’s message and huge social media backlash ensued when Access Bank began making the deductions incurred since February.

Some customers said the deductions, even if legal, were outrageous and beyond what was necessary, with #AccessBankScam trending at number one spot in Nigeria as at the time of writing this report.

“We have have heard our customers’ feedback that this charge is unwelcome, especially at this time against a challenging economic drop,” the bank said in a statement.

_______
For breaking news, follow ( @pecohub.media ) on Instagram and turn on post notifications

Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions After National Outcry by Newcreature2020(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good One

Modified;

zoeA:
That was fast!
Same way the son of man will order his angel to blow the trumpet and the dead in Christ will rise first and then shall we the new creatures be caught up with the Lord in cloud 1thesolonian4v16

Get prepared cos He comes again
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions After National Outcry by zoeA: 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2020
That was fast!
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions After National Outcry by bigtt76(f): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Imagine that they actually sent me an email to fund my account so they can post debit it for stamp duty for the past months despite not using the account for long... Ole! They should refund with interest sef.
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions After National Outcry by zoeA: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Good One

Modified;

Same way the son of man will order his angel to blow the trumpet and the dead in Christ will rise first and then shall we the new creatures be caught up with the Lord in cloud 1thesolonian4v16

Get prepared cos He comes again
If he comes like a thief... You go fit catch am?
Re: Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions After National Outcry by jakD: 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Honestly, joining Access bank is the decision I regret ever making.

Since yesterday, I've started process of leaving the bank.

(1) (Reply)

I Took Frodd To The Toilet And Begged Him To Leave Venita For Me – Omashola (vid / #bbnaija: Kaisha Calls Lucy An “old Cargo” In Midnight Fight (video) / Nigerian Female Singer "Dqueen" Denounce Of Feminism For Fame [see Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.