Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? (48667 Views)

100 Days At Home As A Student, What Have You Achieved? / Summary Of The Last Days At Forcados High School / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by DexterousOne(m): 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

I thought you yoruba muslims told everyone in 2015 that Buhari is the best person that will make nigeria an eldorado, why then are you trying to run away from nigeria your eldorado and buhari who you voted for.
Why not apply for your M.Sc in Nigerian universities which you all claimed buhari will fix and make it great. Why running away to America?

This is not the time for all this
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by olabolawasiu(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
jidamsel43:
My regret is just that I was too studious and bookish in my school days. I should have used the time to make a connection with the real people

I realise now that to be too studious is dangerous in this country

Not too late...
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by DigitB: 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
My only regret was sitting for some useless courses and listening to the illiterate lecturers that handled those courses.

I passed through school doing everything moderately. I didn't read much of school materials. But I'm intelligent.

By the time I graduated I was a super fashion designer. I only do men's clothing upon requested.

School lectures drained all my energy each day. Some days we would wait for a lecturer from morning till 4pm but they didn't show up. Day wasted. You go home very tired.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by lastchild: 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
abdul824:
psychology says every person thinks the next person's life is better than thier's
some people's lives are actually better

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Unrated900(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2020
Manuel69:

Show me the way

Okay
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by lastchild: 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
Starhearts:
I didn't have any regret whatsoever

D only things dat pains me is dat l wanted to become an IBAKA but my pple rebel me

Really enjoy my university days up to service year

Omo those AYE men hear am during my days ooooooo
explain this your comment, aye men hear wetin?
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by blaze7x(m): 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
I wanted to learn Organ/piano but hustling for money to sustain didn't allow me. But I must learn sha
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by chukzyfcbb: 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
fid4fid:

Bro, you just dey think like me. If say I know wetin I know now, I swear I for no waste my time with JAMB. I for don collect scholarship Jápá from here... then the Nordic schools were free.

I gained no useful skill in Uni despite with my course. I can not operate a lathe machine or drill press now; Not to talk of a CNC machine. I can't use a welding machine. The whole uni education did not give me skill..... Just rubbish theory theory theory!

YouTube teaches better than this rubbish schools here. My pikin no go repeat that mistake. He must get skill skill skill skill...Hands-on skill.

Now the kid, at his early age, is take advice to learn coding on notepad, designing games on scratch... Teaching him 3D design and printing with a 3D printer. I will get him a laser cutter rigged on a CNC machine.

No lies bro, No lies atall
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by lastchild: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
photon3106:

I wondered too o. Which Nigerian lecturer will tell a group of JJCs that school isn't all about studying... cheesy

From my experience though, nigerian lecturers would make school look like that's the only reason God made heaven and earth
a lecturer told us that in unical, he took time to explain to us how he was the only educated one in his family but poorest

That man made me see school as a place to get knowledge and not a place to get the ladder to success

3 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by photon3106: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2020
lastchild:
a lecturer told us that in unical, he took time to explain to us how he was the only educated one in his family but poorest

That man made me see school as a place to get knowledge and not a place to get the ladder to success

Hmmm! That's a lot coming from him. Only very few lecturers are ready to reveal the truth (reality) about the traditional four walls of formal learning called SCHOOL. He is right and you're lucky to not let this wisdom elude you.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Starhearts: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2020
lastchild:
explain this your comment, aye men hear wetin?

If u knw u knw?
Yes those AYE men hear am
We dismantle their temple
Wo dash monkey banana
If dem hear my name dem dey urinate 4 trouser
Their lord dey shake for body
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by SeniorGee(m): 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kseafresh:
Chai The same Futo wey i dey now
All the best bro.. May you path be smooth
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by flyingpig: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
benjanny:
Yea my today regret is that I study Quantity Surveying In The Higher Institution Instead Of Journalism or History and International Relations

Surveying didn't pay off?

Or it is about passion here
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Harllaby: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
Did I regret know. I had a choice and I made it. May be I learnt lessons from it
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Thane(m): 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
goso39:
Please I have a question.
When is the right time to make good friends, Is it during your NYSC or during your days in the university? I mean friends that can assist you in time to come. Because I find it so difficult to associate with people that are not in my department and also my course mate are just so envious to be such close friends.

Make frnds everywhere. The easiest way to make friends across faculties and depts in school is by joining groups. Church groups, sports group. Take them serious and meet people of diverse interest, your classmates might not know your worth.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by anoziechi(f): 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
I no flex life for my university days
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by sharpwriter(m): 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
SeniorGee:
Regretted everything about the school.. FUTO angry secondary school self better pass am. Missing results, sorting, destiny destroying lecturers.. name it.
I have my original certificate but they are still looking for transcript... Applied since Nov last year dem never see am. That school na apology
Wasted years

Get the person you know is responsible for compilation of transcripts and put few 1k notes in brown envelope; collect him number for follow up. If not, you go wait long o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Antisocial01: 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Divay22:

Lol
DSPZ. I had my ND there before Uniport came into the picture.
sorry please at what age did you round up your nd and moved to university, I'm 21 a student of Lagos State polytechnic I'm considering moving to the university starting afresh but I'm considering my age
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Slimsly100(f): 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2020
No I don't. I did everything in moderation and still graduated with good grades cheesy
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Antichristus: 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Shakaranews2020:

Oga, they are all school. Unless you learnt your English from India. I know Indians only refer to elementary as school or so. Nigerians are speaking the very correct English and grammar.

They’re not all schools. And no, if you really want to know, I wasn’t educated in your dilapidated Nigerian educational system, neither was I educated in India. In England, and, I’ve been here for over two decades, and in more than one decade as an academic, from age 4-16/18, you are in a school. Post 16 education pal institutions are called colleges, and post 18 higher education institutions are called universities or university colleges. The British don’t ever refer to universities as schools inspire if the fact that the word ‘school’ can be a part and parcel of the name of the HE institution e.g. LSE or SOAS.

Why a simple question enrages you and others baffles me. Calling a university a school is nonsensical.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Antichristus: 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
JastSiryin:
British legacy indeed. Why didn't the British who moved to the American colony keep their "British" legacy? Why did they have to formulate a new one? You forget how important identity is. It's only in africa that we take pride in being more a replica of western culture than ours. Let's forge our own legacy

Go and read about the American revolution and you would understand why the Americans turned nearly everything English upside down. Sadly, the only legacy Nigeria is leaving for its children’s children right now is ignorance. Over 13 million Nigerian children (in normal times) are not in schools, and I’m not referring to this lockdown. Download academic papers written by Nigerian academics, and you’ll see how appalling their writings are. Read Nigerian newspapers and you’ll see the disgusting spelling and grammatical errors. Listen to Seun Okinbaloye on the TV and all you hear is incoherent strings of sentences. Dies he record and transcribe himself to identify his mistakes and improve on his performance? Your Nigerian culture is perishing, I’m afraid. How many of children in your locality can accurately recite ABC in their mother tongue? How many of them can speak, read and write Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Erik languages (whichever is their mother tongue) impeccably? If someone fails to communicate effectively in their mother tongue and fails to do so in a second language, then I’m afraid, that individual is entirely lost. Good night.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Kseafresh: 12:26am On Jul 03, 2020
SUGARCyprian247:

You are a Good man!!
Inbox me brother
Sent a NL mail Boss
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Shakaranews2020: 12:33am On Jul 03, 2020
Antichristus:

They’re not all schools. And no, if you really want to know, I wasn’t educated in your dilapidated Nigerian educational system, neither was I educated in India. In England, and, I’ve been here for over two decades, and in more than one decade as an academic, from age 4-16/18, you are in a school. Post 16 education pal institutions are called colleges, and post 18 higher education institutions are called universities or university colleges. The British don’t ever refer to universities as schools inspire if the fact that the word ‘school’ can be a part and parcel of the name of the HE institution e.g. LSE or SOAS.

Why a simple question enrages you and others baffles me. Calling a university a school is nonsensical.

Just confirmed it, it's American English and still very correct.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Antichristus: 12:46am On Jul 03, 2020
Shakaranews2020:

Just confirmed it, it's American English and still very correct.

Did you actually read and give thoughts to what I said originally, and is it different to what you’ve now finally admitted? My question was borne out of the fact that Nigerian education was built on the British rather than the American system. Hence if in GCE exams you write color instead of colour, etc., it would be marked wrong.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by tianshie(m): 1:13am On Jul 03, 2020
ScholarRidwan:
I'm from a poor family I cater for myself sir.

Yes sir, they were suspended earlier but can now be taken from home (e.g TOEFL and IELTS) but GRE was never suspended the schedule date was just shifted to a later date. And the reason why I've to register now is.because there are not so many centers and if one does not register early enough (at least 3months prior) the scheduled date might not fit into your plan because of limited centers.

In the word of the graduate coordinator my result must've been ready by January so I can be evaluated for funding. I already have a strong academic record which was one of the criteria for funding but GRE is major determinant for being selected for funding.

At least I've to score 300/340 which is very achievable.

Are you on Twitter?
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by ScholarRidwan: 1:17am On Jul 03, 2020
Yes sir, I'm.
tianshie:

Are you on Twitter?
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by tianshie(m): 1:18am On Jul 03, 2020
ScholarRidwan:

Yes sir, I'm.

What's your Twitter?
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by ScholarRidwan: 1:19am On Jul 03, 2020
Ajascoola

tianshie:

What's your Twitter?
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by tianshie(m): 1:21am On Jul 03, 2020
ScholarRidwan:
Ajascoola

OK. I'll contact you there.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by tianshie(m): 1:25am On Jul 03, 2020
ScholarRidwan:
Ajascoola

Are you also Mazi Ridwan? I can't mail you on Ajascoola.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by ScholarRidwan: 1:36am On Jul 03, 2020
Yes sir.

tianshie:

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by ScholarRidwan: 1:39am On Jul 03, 2020
Yes sir. Lost it before but now has access to it.

tianshie:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Slay Queen Pops 100 Bottles Of Andre Wine On Her Body After Graduation / ASUP strike has been called off / Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.