Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) (74173 Views)

Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Sani Abacha With Abiola & Michael Otedola (Throwback Photo) / Ibrahim Babangida And David Mark Pictured Together Amid Death Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by Jaqenhghar: 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
Dasuks:

So u've even met someone directly involved. These r the minor things that turn out to have major effects on whole industries and ppl's actual quality of life.
Yes I did. After reading your post I wish I had recorded the things he said. The man gave me a history of how he joined the civil service as a comms engineer. How he got involved with the military during the war, where he got to meet the likes of IBB & co. and how those relationships and other circumstances eventually led to his being made minister. All the politics etc. Im sure his name will feature in that biography. Very sure
Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by AMvanquish: 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
Christistruth00:

Their Sister told a different Story and sided with Musa Bamaiyi . She said power went to Ishaya's head and his family could hardly relate with him anymore and he was addicted to women.It was Musa that dragged Ishaya into the Army when he joined during the Civil war in 1967. Musa was a teacher for many years and Ishaya his younger brother by at least 5 years lived with him while he was in Secondary school.. They were both short service commission Officers .Their father was a Pastor from Zuru.

but I read somewhere that Musa was a muslim and Ishaya Christian? How True is this?
Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by bilo1(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2020
edudguy:
Add my number on WhatsApp and just say hi so I can send it to you
sir,please i need the book too but i don't have ur line
Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Yes I did. After reading your post I wish I had recorded the things he said. The man gave me a history of how he joined the civil service as a comms engineer. How he got involved with the military during the war, where he got to meet the likes of IBB & co. and how those relationships and other circumstances eventually led to his being made minister. All the politics etc. Im sure his name will feature in that biography. Very sure

Ahh interesting meetup. If u still have access to the elder u can definitely get a convo going that way. He would prolly know more about the citcumstances surrounding Kentebe's removal from the ministry... Abiola Siemens and co enjoyed free lunches.

I think I know who ure talking about. He shares a last name with a past Governor of Oyo who is now late...not the one who just passed.

1 Like

Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by Jaqenhghar: 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
Dasuks:

Ahh interesting meetup. If u still have access to the elder u can definitely get a convo going that way. He would prolly know more about the citcumstances surrounding Kentebe's removal from the ministry... Abiola Siemens and co enjoyed free lunches.

I think I know who ure talking about. He shares a last name with a past Governor of Oyo who is now late...not the one who just passed.

This man. I like the way you put 2 and 2 together. I am not so sure if I will get that opportunity again but if I do, I will be sure to glean as much as I can. You will be the first to know.
Did you know him personally?
Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

This man. I like the way you put 2 and 2 together. I am not so sure if I will get that opportunity again but if I do, I will be sure to glean as much as I can. You will be the first to know.
Did you know him personally?

No my brother. I just inferred. He is an actual expert. So it is only right that one recognizes him. I mean if we get to store info about IBB n Abacha them, better still leave some space for the ones that truly matter.

And by the Grace of God, I'll always be on here. So pls do let me know smiley

1 Like

Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by Mordson: 11:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
sojfaith243:
Not only that, Igbokuta ,a suburb of Ikorodu where he was born can never forget him. He singlehandedly brought Lagos State Model College to them, built solid bridge that connects Imota (Rice Mill host) to Gberigbe and gave them a solid road which is still one of the most motorable roads in Lagos.

He did all that for people in far away Lagos but neglected his hometown.

Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by CaptainMarvel(m): 1:45am On Jul 03, 2020
naptu2:
I skipped some pages in the screenshots, but those pages are mainly about the duties of ministers and the secretary to the government.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11559771_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11559772_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11559773_3_jpeg182845aceb39c9e413e28fd549058cf8
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11559774_4_jpeg9679ccb5a92f650b83fcf29e0a6a6775
Please where are you getting your excerpts from? i'd love to read them for some projects i am working on.
Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by naptu2: 7:58am On Jul 03, 2020
flyingpig:
Celebrating a Tyrant.

Shameless OP
undecided

Now that your attempt to turn this thread into a battleground has failed, can you please show me where I celebrated any tyrant? Do you have issues with comprehending simple posts?

4 Likes

Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by flyingpig: 8:16am On Jul 03, 2020
naptu2:

[s]Now that your attempt to turn this thread into a battleground has failed[/s], can you please show me where I celebrated any tyrant? Do you have issues with comprehending simple posts?

That was never my attempt, maybe in your puerile imagination it was, but I never declared such intention.

I said what I said because that is my opinion, which has no underlying intention.

As for the second bolded aspect of your post. Publishing an elating "editorial" about a late coupist, tyrant, thief, and seeking to inform this modern generation about a late "successful" army general, and how he served in each army rank, my God have you exhausted the history of "good men" in our society who can be a mentor to this generation angry

You all wonder why Yahoo Yahoo is on the rise, but don't do the right things. Free our minds from the memories of corrupt men who lived among us, or if you must publish them, likewise indicate how their lives ended tragically so that who has eyes can see and dissuade themselves from picking him up as a role model.
shocked
Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by naptu2: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2020
flyingpig:

That was never my attempt, maybe in your puerile imagination it was, but I never declared such intention.

I said what I said because that is my opinion, which has no underlying intention.

As for the second bolded aspect of your post. Publishing an elating "editorial" about a late coupist, tyrant, thief, and seeking to inform this modern generation about a late "successful" army general, and how he served in each army rank, my God have you exhausted the history of "good men" in our society who can be a mentor to this generation angry

You all wonder why Yahoo Yahoo is on the rise, but don't do the right things. Free our minds from the memories of corrupt men who lived among us, or if you must publish them, likewise indicate how their lives ended tragically so that who has eyes can see.
shocked

Yes, it's true! Comprehension is a problem! I have written about virtually every historical figure in Nigeria and Nigerians need to know about historical figures in Nigeria but at no point did I celebrate anyone, neither was there anything "elating" in my post. I simply stated historical facts as I have always done. Whatever nonsense exists in your imagination should not be projected onto my posts. In actual fact, the posts in which I commented about them stated quite clearly my feelings about them, but the first post simply contained historical facts and nothing more. In all what you wrote you have still been unable to show where I celebrated or praised anyone, rather than just stating historical facts. Once again, I dare you to quote the words that praised or celebrated anyone (and I mean words from my post, not whatever falls from your imagination). You should seek help if you have problems with comprehension and understanding simple posts, rather than disturbing normal people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by Mryacks: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2020
janedonez:
I admire Aikhomu so much. That name rang so much bell

Exactly...growing as kid I lived hearing that name Rear Admrital Augustus Aikhomo. ...
And then later Gen Sani Abacha too.... grin
Re: Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) by Christistruth00: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2020
AMvanquish:

but I read somewhere that Musa was a muslim and Ishaya Christian? How True is this?

Both Gen Musa and Ishaya Bamaiyi were Christians their Father was a Pastor from Zuru.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obi’s Votes Overtake Tinubu’s In Lagos / Peter Obi Arrives Late To World Igbo Congress. See What He Did Next / Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.