Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,725 members, 7,837,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! (8588 Views)

Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally / Delta LG Polls: Ethiope East Decides Today (live). / Oyo State Governorship Tribunal Decides Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 11:13am On Feb 01, 2011
GenBuhari:

Buhari's wife is a Christian

Err,which Buhari will that be,yours or the ex-dictators

In any case,that religious gambit will not work as christians cannot be fooled into voting for a team of inexperienced political baggage just because a pastor happens to be on the ticket.
Even if all members of latter rain assembly were to vote for Bakare(which I doubt as I know so many Householders that have never voted for Okotie),it'd still be very insignificant as latter rain I believe latter rain is not on the list of the 10 most populated churches in Nigeria
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by JaaizTech: 11:34am On Feb 01, 2011
rasputinn:

Err,which Buhari will that be,yours or the ex-dictators

In any case,that religious gambit will not work as christians cannot be fooled into voting for a team of inexperienced political baggage just because a pastor happens to be on the ticket.
Even if all members of latter rain assembly were to vote for Bakare(which I doubt as I know so many Householders that have never voted for Okotie),it'd still be very insignificant as latter rain I believe latter rain is not on the list of the 10 most populated churches in Nigeria
So your reason for not voting Buhari is because He is not a CHRISTIAN?; because from what I can gather from your statement, if He was a xtian it wouldn't have been an issue. And He is more experienced than GEJ.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2011
JaaizTech:

So your reason for not voting Buhari is because He is not a CHRISTIAN?; because from what I can gather from your statement, if He was a xtian it wouldn't have been an issue. And He is more experienced than GEJ.

Goshhh,how do I begin to reply youYour post doesn't make sense

However for what it's worth(and I'm hoping against all hope that your mental faculty comprehends),religion has no bearing in my political decisions,as long as the candidate in question doesn't make an issue of it

I'm a card-carrying member of the PDP,I voted Fashola in '07 and will still vote him this year.At the centre GEJ has my vote already
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2011
[size=14pt]Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither ( Obasanjo), OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing,  away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.”-
PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE[/size]

http://againstbabangida.com/Newsroom-at-AgainstBabangida.com/ibb-will-fail-pastor-bakare.html
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 01, 2011
I agree he should be on his knees rather than seek to be at a desk at Aso Rock.
I hope he won't take the bait just like Rev. Wilson Badejo refused to take the bait he (Pastor Bakare) put at him to lure him to Latter Rain Assembly when someone else was preferred as G.O. of Foursquare Church. Thankfully, Badejo refused and became G.O. of Foursquare Church in God's appointed time!
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by 10cirenoh: 11:53am On Feb 01, 2011
OMW

How i wish ACN, ANPP and AGPA'll just support these duel

GOD, let your WILL be done.

I'm tired of living on generator for the rest of my life
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by JaaizTech: 11:57am On Feb 01, 2011

^^^
As a follow up to the above,the Kano votes will be split between GEJ(PDP) and Shekarau(ANPP),Shekarau(not Buhari) is the only candidate that can upset GEJ in Kano.As for Kaduna,just forget it,as Sambo and governor Patrick Yakowa will deliver Kaduna to GEJ.Borno will most likely vote ANPP cos of the strangle hold of Sherrif in the state.That leaves Bauchi,Borno and Jigawa states which have a population figure in excess of 4 million(in the north).Whilst Borno is firmly in the hands of ANPP,Jigawa is a PDP-controlled state,where the political dexterity of governor Sule Lamido will surely swing the votes GEJ's way.
So except you're telling me that Buhari hopes to get votes from Bayelsa and Delta states,I don't see where he hopes to get the votes that could pose any serious challenge to GEJ.
From the benefit of hind sight,this is going to be Buhari's worst outing thus far,I see him coming a distant third,behind Shekarau who has all it takes to come a distant second behind GEJ

This is very theoretical, in fact quite distant from the reality. The fact that ANPP governs a state does not guarantee that  it has strong followership amongst her people. CPC is what it is today single handedly because of Buhari. So it is not about the party but about the personality. This man enjoys a lot of respect from the ordinary man in the north, only the elites and politicians have issues with him. Don't be deceived by the current composition of the Governors of many states now, PDP is really very unpopular and will likely lose most of her states in a free and fair election. In fact GEJ has done PDP a great good, because most of the popularity PDP is gaining is as a result of sentimental support for GEJ (although the northern PDP leaders caused it, with the way they handled Yar'adua's illness); very few people truly want GEJ, but they support him because they don't want the North to have the last laugh after the whole zoning debacle; Ribadu is also suffering because of this, I hope the Ribadu/Okonjo Iweala bid works, I wouldn't hesitate to vote ACN.However, I must say GEJ still has an edge over all of them; but PDP wouldn't enjoy the same support when it comes to other political positions.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2011
JaaizTech:

. CPC is what it is today single handedly because of Buhari. So it is not about the party but about the personality. This man enjoys a lot of respect from the ordinary man in the north, only the elites and politicians have issues with him.

This shows your insincerity or lack of knowledge of the voting pattern of the so-called ordinary man in the north you referred to.The ordinary man and almajiris in the north HAVE NO POLITICAL VOICE OF THEIR OWN,they ALWAYS queue up behind the elite
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 12:08pm On Feb 01, 2011
odeotito:

I agree he should be on his knees rather than seek to be at a desk at Aso Rock.
I hope he won't take the bait just like Rev. Wilson Badejo refused to take the bait he (Pastor Bakare) put at him to lure him to Latter Rain Assembly when someone else was preferred as G.O. of Foursquare Church. Thankfully, Badejo refused and became G.O. of Foursquare Church in God's appointed time!

Hmmmmmm
Very instructive especially when one juxtaposes it with the circumstances surrounding Bakare's departure from RCCG

Per this political misadventure of his,he has made a big big mistake
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2011
10cirenoh:

OMW

How i wish ACN, ANPP and AGPA'll just support these duel

GOD, let your WILL be done.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
GEJ is God's will
Which other will were you referring to??

BTW,this duel is the "old and decaying order that is passing away",I actually quoted what Bakare had said earlier in '06.So now that he's made himself a part of the old and decaying political group that is poassing away,I pity him
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2011
Let me take my lunch break jare,I go show face for area again
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by johndoe200: 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2011
rasputinn:

GEJ is God's will

BTW,this duel is the "old and decaying order that is passing away",I actually quoted what Bakare had said earlier in '06.So now that he's made himself a part of the old and decaying political group that is poassing away,I pity him

Don't mind the thief, he has seen an opportunity to try and get a share of the "national cake". I detest hypocrites like him.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by honeric01(m): 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2011
Interesting development
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by 10cirenoh: 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2011
rasputinn:

GEJ is God's will

GEJ God's will? i hope you're not trying to insult God?

Bakare and Buhari remains the most credible of [b]all [/b]the candidates.

you can rig the election, but you can't rig my view about who's credible and who's not.

I hope you all are watching what's going on in Egypt and Tunisia?

Nobody knew Nigeria could actually pull a crowd SNG pulled during the yaradua's saga, wait until you see what's going to happen if this election is rigged.

No one's going to be safe when this COUNTRY is on FIRE.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by juman(m): 1:37pm On Feb 01, 2011
End of the story, another four years for President Jonathan.
Another four years of nonsense.
PDP = Power to the few = Failure.

The best for the masses is for this country to break. Our "leaders" are our enemy.
Our "leaders" hate us with passion.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
[size=18pt]Buhari has Christians in his team[/size]
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2011
[size=28pt]Buhari's VP is a Christian Pastor[/size]
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Blazing99: 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2011
rasputinn:

GEJ is God's will

God's will?? It's like you have a portrait of Obj which you bow to every morning. That' your god and GEJ is his will
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by kingbobbyj: 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2011
I've read d discussion to this point and i'l try and make this as simple as i can, Buhari is one of the few credible politicians we have in his generation. What he has done is make a move he hopes will win him d election (don't 4get dis is politics we're talking abt, it's like a game of chess). The only problem is Nigeria is a sentimental state no matter how u see it, dats the way we play our politics, (dats the only reason i feel may make the CPC ticket fail). Other than that, as we say in poker, it's a straight flush!
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by johndoe200: 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2011
juman:

End of the story, another four years for President Jonathan.

At least you can see straight.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by juman(m): 3:06pm On Feb 01, 2011
GenBuhari:

[size=28pt]Buhari's VP is a Christian Pastor[/size]

Even if General Buhari converts to christinity because of election he has certainly lost the 2011 presidential election.
That is the fact.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Blazing99: 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2011
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by juman(m): 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2011
Blazing99:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/02/01/bakare-god-told-me-to-run-with-buhari/

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

God reveal to me that General Buhari should withdraw from 2011 presidential election because he has already lost the election.
God revealation ooooooooooo!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by juman(m): 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2011
PDP = Power to the few = Failure.
12 years in goverment and total failure.
12 wasted years in the history of Nigeria. God will catch up with you soon. Useless people.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2011
10cirenoh:

GEJ God's will? i hope you're not trying to insult God?

Blazing99:

God's will?? It's like you have a portrait of Obj which you bow to every morning. That' your god and GEJ is his will

Hey guys take a chill pill and dont allow your blind hatred for OBJ to let you drag him into this,back to GEJ being God's choice;he is the least desperate to be president,have you forgotten the circumstances that led to his being President,this is one man that has been governor and president without even printing a single poster
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2011
10cirenoh:

Bakare and Buhari remains the most credible of [b]all [/b]the candidates.

Now you're trying to insult our sensibilities with such puerile submission
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2011
10cirenoh:

I hope you all are watching what's going on in Egypt and Tunisia?

Are you such a poor student of political historythe imperatives,thefundamentals on ground in Tunisia and Egypt have not the smallest miligramme of bearing with my great country Nigeria.

Former president El Ben-Alli had been president in Tunisia for 23 years,while Hosni Mubarak has been in power as prersident of Egypt for 30 years now,this is the reason for the uprising in the country and not because some infant political analysts and their sharia-bigot-cum-ex-military-dictator presidential aspirant wish to wrestle power from an incumbent that has not even spent 2 full years in the saddle as president,so your ignorant comparison on Nigeria with Tunisia and Egypt is actually laughable
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Blazing99: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2011
rasputinn:

Hey guys take a chill pill and dont allow your blind hatred for OBJ to let you drag him into this,back to GEJ being God's choice;he is the least desperate to be president,have you forgotten the circumstances that led to his being President,this is one man that has been governor and president without even printing a single poster

So if you die today and someone else takes your promotion, that person is now God-chosen? You cud be so dumbassed
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by meine: 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2011
Whether Bakare wins or not while running for VP, He will always have my respect,

Bakare is one of the few men of God who is walking his talk, others stay behind the pulpit collecting offering and praying that God comes down to rule Aso Rock,

If you want change you have to get into the ring and fight for it,

SHAME On Beaf, Johndoe , Rasputin and others who condemn Bakare contesting an elective post in his father land

Posterity will never forgive you for ensuring that the madness of the past 12 years continue,

What more right does Jonathan have that Bakare or Buhari doesn't have?

Bakare you've got my vote and that of my entire church, and you remain our hero even if you dont win!
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by 10cirenoh: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2011
rasputinn:

Are you such a poor student of political historythe imperatives,thefundamentals on ground in Tunisia and Egypt have not the smallest miligramme of bearing with my great country Nigeria.

Former president El Ben-Alli had been president in Tunisia for 23 years,while Hosni Mubarak has been in power as prersident of Egypt for 30 years now,this is the reason for the uprising in the country and not because some infant political analysts and their sharia-bigot-come-ex-military-dictator presidential aspirant wish to wrestle power from an incumbent that has not even spent 2 full years in the saddle as president,so your ignorant comparison on Nigeria with Tunisia and Egypt is actually laughable

Get a brain why you can, it's never too late. GEJ is your god sent? i weep for you.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2011
10cirenoh:

Get a brain why you can, it's never too late. GEJ is your god sent? i weep for you.

Blazing99:

So if you die today and someone else takes your promotion, that person is now God-chosen? You cud be so dumbassed

Oh shut up you both.If you have no points to back your argument,then throw your lame hands up and quit resorting to one-liner-gibberish and gutter language,such have never scored any political points

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IYC Wants ‘unfair Allocation’ Of Oil Blocks Probed / APC Won't Judge Amaechi Based On Audio Leak Criticising Buhari - Tony Momoh / Osinbajo: Some Public Commentators Make Baseless Assertions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.