Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! (8585 Views)

Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally / Delta LG Polls: Ethiope East Decides Today (live). / Oyo State Governorship Tribunal Decides Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by wales(m): 6:41am On Jan 31, 2011
Convener of Save Nigeria Group, Pastor Tunde Bakare, will on Monday disclose whether or not he will contest as running mate to the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

Media Adviser to Buhari, Mr. Yinka Odumakin said Bakare’s decision “will excite the polity.”

He said this in Lagos on Saturday while answering questions on Buhari’s decision to choose Bakare as his running mate.

He, however, dispelled talks that Buhari refused to choose the leader of Action Congress of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu because he was afraid that the former governor of Lagos State would take the shine off him just as it happened during the first coming of Buhari when he had a very strong deputy, Maj.-Gen. Tunde Idiagbon.

Odumakin said, “It is a fallacy because it was Buhari that nominated Tunde Idiagbon as Chief of Staff. He has worked with him and knows his capability. Buhari is not afraid of deputies who should want every power concentrated to him. He allows people to work. He is not afraid of whether anybody would take shine off him. This is not 1993. You cannot sell a Muslim/Muslim ticket all over again when the fault lines are all over the place.”

Speaking of the electoral value of Bakare, he said traditional politician had failed the people, adding that there would be a major shift from traditional politics this time around.

He said Buhari was not desperate but only determined to see that Nigeria was restored to glory.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201101311255375
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Knight1(m): 6:49am On Jan 31, 2011
i have said before and i'm saying it again
Pastor Tunde Bakare should not make the mistake of accepting that proposal, cos if he does
and buhari loses the election(which to me is a strong possibility) he and SNG can bid their credibility farewell. no one will ever take them serious as all of their views will be taken as purely politically motivated positions.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Chuks84(m): 11:27am On Jan 31, 2011
I don't see how the credibility of SNG will be affected by Bakare's agreement. I think this is a welcome development. these are two men of unimpeachable integrity. To me, this is the ideal pair to take Nigeria forward. Buhari/Bakare 2011! BB11!(catchy ain't it?)
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by otokx(m): 11:32am On Jan 31, 2011
Bakare should shun the bait.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by wale0911: 11:53am On Jan 31, 2011
i really dont see anything wrong in this choice of running mate, whatever be d outcome is left for nigerians to decide. Our destiny lies in our hands.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Ninapha(f): 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2011
Aso Rock breeds liar. A contry where the executives promise without fulfilment.

Kingdom business!hmm! it wuld be difficult to say nay to all lies Pastor. Well for me he shouldn't , If he must then he should be prepared for all kinds of fraustrating strategies from his boss and the legislooters.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Madcow(m): 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR SO CALLED MEN OF GOD?

IF THEY ARE BENT ON MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY, SHOULDN'T THEY BE ON THEIR KNEES?
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Blazing99: 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2011
This would be an ideal alliance. But repulsive tothose with extremist Islamic and christian views
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by johndoe200: 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2011
This is the best news I have heard for a while. The final nail in Buhari's coffin. His primary support is from Muslim fundamentalists in the north, this will erode that support. Bakare has no real electoral value in the south,why? Which Igbo man or Niger Deltan is going to think twice about ANOTHER Yoruba MAN, getting to ASO ROCK when they have not? Will Bakare defeat ACN in the SW? I dey laugh.

[size=14pt]GEJ, now, tomorrow and for another 8 years.[/size]
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by ayubam: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
Madcow:

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR SO CALLED MEN OF GOD?

IF THEY ARE BENT ON MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY, SHOULDN'T THEY BE ON THEIR KNEES?

Like you name implies, you should be a mad cow. When you go on you knees and pray, will God do what you should do? The problem is your religious mind set that will not allow you to see beyond your nose. When last have you gone on your knees truly for this nation, please be sincere, and you come here to run your mouth about men who have risked all they have achieved in life to see a new nation where no one will be oppressed. What you should do first is to start praying for the nation, when you do that faithfully, God will tell you what you must do cos prayer is not one way communication.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by violent(m): 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2011
Critics don't make good politicians!
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by bisiaet: 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2011
I dont know what to say because how would Bakare now deny SNG is not politically motivated? or will he proof now that all his activities are not for political gain? this is where am worry his image may not get into mess, i'm just so worry.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by jason123: 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2011
johndoe200:

This is the best news I have heard for a while. The final nail in Buhari's coffin. His primary support is from Muslim fundamentalists in the north, this will erode that support. Bakare has no real electoral value in the south,why? Which Igbo man or Niger Deltan is going to think twice about ANOTHER Yoruba MAN, getting to ASO ROCK when they have not? Will Bakare defeat ACN in the SW? I dey laugh.

[size=14pt]GEJ, now, tomorrow and for another 8 years.[/size]
So now you support zoning because it "another yoruba man" abi? Such inconsistency. I dey follow you laugh ooo!
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2011
violent:

Critics don't make good politicians!

Q.E.D

One of the best posts thus far
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by globatop: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2011
Bakare, please dont ridicule ur ministry, God is not an ambiguity, he can never call u as His servant and yet direct u to serve mortals. Never in the scripture have I seen a prophet wining and dinning with the king. Remember what Samuel is to Saul.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by ayubam: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2011
rasputinn:

Q.E.D

One of the best posts thus far

So Looters do? Nigerians love this corruption. All those yearning for good governance are trying really but the problem is with the people. People who have managed position successfully and are talking about wrongs in our society are tagged critics while Looters are the nation builders. The advice I will give u guys is to take time to be an audience to west parliamentary seatings and house meetings and then you will knows critics ensure proper things are done in the right way. Corrupt followers, Nonsense
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by bidemi12(m): 1:39pm On Jan 31, 2011
Chuks84:

I don't see how the credibility of SNG will be affected by Bakare's agreement. I think this is a welcome development. these are two men of unimpeachable integrity. To me, this is the ideal pair to take Nigeria forward. Buhari/Bakare 2011! BB11!(catchy ain't it?)

unimpeachable integrity my arse!!! my father was in the Nigerian airforce for 30+ years and Buhari should explain to me how he became a millionaire. There is no way in this world it can happen with the crap pay they got at that time. Bakare should not bother explaining will all know MEN OF GOD.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by ayubam: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
globatop:

Bakare, please dont ridicule your ministry, God is not an ambiguity, he can never call u as His servant and yet direct u to serve mortals. Never in the scripture have I seen a prophet wining and dinning with the king. Remember what Samuel is to Saul.

Mr Globaltop, so answer these questions:

1. Was Joseph God's servant and who was he to Pharao?
2. Were Daniel and the 3 Hebrew boys God's servant and who were they in Babylon?

Please, explain these based on your "Golden Nuggets" quote above.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by rasputinn(m): 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2011
Failed alliance of strange bed fellows
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by hbrednic: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2011
His god will whisper the answer to him today grin grin grin lie lie pastors.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by ayubam: 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2011
bidemi12:

unimpeachable integrity my arse!!! my father was in the Nigerian airforce for 30+ years and Buhari should explain to me how he became a millionaire. There is no way in this world it can happen with the crap pay they got at that time. Bakare should not bother explaining will all know MEN OF GOD.

It is clear from your post above that you are either ill informed or suffering from parental failure which you are seeking explanation from us here. I could have disregard your post but to keep silent is to allow evil to persist when sound judgment calls for answer.

First, how come you tagged Buhari a millionaire? How much did he has in any bank account that you know? How many coy does he own? Is he a director of any company known to you? These are the qualities of millionaire. You can come here under the guise of freedom of expression to say unfounded things about people. And that you father was an Airforce for 30+ years and is not a millionaire is not an excuse. You did not tell us your father's lifestyle. How many wives and concubines she has (if he is a humaniser cos many of them are), we are not sure if he is a drunkard who had wasted his monies on frivolities of life. We do not know his spiritual condition. There could be many factors affecting your dad that made him who he is today so you cannot bench mark him with anyone.

Buhari's integrity is above debate. Bakare's integrity is unquestionable. He was a successful lawyer before he started ministry. He is a brilliant lawyer. There was never a time he stopped working to full time ministry. He has not watered down the gospel for pecuniary gains. He has succesfully managed church for more than 21 years without scandal. So keep your suspicion to yourself and family alone?

Be open and do not let your fathers experience affect your perception. Note that everything about your Airforce Dad is an assumption oo. I am not saying he is not successful though you made it sound like that.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Mobinga: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2011
He has already disgraced himself for even contemplating running. Shame.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by solihu(m): 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
I am waiting eagerly for what his decision (sorry twitter from, ) will be.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Madcow(m): 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2011
@ [size=18pt]ayubam[/size]

YOU ARE NOT VERY WISE!

ayubam:

Mr Globaltop, so answer these questions:

1. Was Joseph God's servant and who was he to Pharao?
2. Were Daniel and the 3 Hebrew boys God's servant and who were they in Babylon?

Please, explain these based on your "Golden Nuggets" quote above.

Joseph and Daniel were not a disgruntled element raising dust to unrest the polity,  They were Men living intentionally in Gods purpose!

GO AND READ YOUR BIBLE!
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by MaiSuya(m): 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2011
I have been following Bakare for quite some time and have no compunction voting him as true conscience of the country, a distinction which, sadly, would rapidly evaporate should he venture into partisan politics.

Please Bakare, do not let your me down.  cry cry
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by SapeleGuy: 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2011
ayubam:

(if he is a humaniser cos many of them are)

Abeg no vex but what is a 'humaniser'?
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by bidemi12(m): 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2011
ayubam:

Be open and do not let your fathers experience affect your perception. Note that everything about your Airforce Dad is an assumption oo. I am not saying he was not successful though you made it sound like that.

MORONN that is exactly my point. anyone with links to the nigerian military will tell you that being a soldier at time was crazy and a lot of them died in poverty and still do if i am not mistaken. Let me not even bother to tussle logic with you, let him declare his assets and we'll see. why hasn't he done so in the first place. Also can you be on a normal salary to contest elections in Nigeria. please dont let stuppidity and amnesia affect your response.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by ayubam: 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2011
Madcow:

@ [size=18pt]ayubam[/size]

YOU ARE NOT VERY WISE!

Joseph and Daniel were not a disgruntled element raising dust to unrest the polity,  They were Men living intentionally in Gods purpose!

GO AND READ YOUR BIBLE!

@ Madcow, I don't read bible like guys in children class during sunday school. I allowed God to inspire me with his word. U said Joseph and Daniel never raised dust to unrest the polity. So did u actually meditate about what happened when Potiphar's wife alleged that Joseph attempted to rape her? It is easy for you to read it like a story and see Joseph's innocence but I bet you no one believe Joseph in the society and was sentenced to prison. This same Joseph was the guy that kept dreaming "disrespectful" dreams that his eleven brothers fathers and mothers will bow down to him? How do you think that goes well in the community of Jacob's family?

And Daniel, how did he get to the lion's den. Was he not because people wanted to nab him in the course of his destiny and will not bow to strange but popular decree? Madcow when last did you allow God's word minister to you and stop reading meaning to what you read from His word. The Letter killeth, it is only the Spirit that gives life. Wake up and do not dabble into things you do not understand. Each time a man arise to fulfill destiny, there are cacophony of voices and it is only God's voice that will keep the man. My prayer is that in this delicate time of Bakare's life, he will not miss one step in God but sitting down here and analysing that a man cannot run for Vice or President because he is a pastor is the HIGHEST LEVEL OF BIBLICAL ILLITERACY. THE CHALLENGE TO ALL CRITICS: WHAT HAS GOD TOLD YOU ABOUT NIGERIA, AT LEAST GOD RULES IN THE AFFAIRS OF MEN?
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by ayubam: 3:01pm On Jan 31, 2011
bidemi12:

MORONN that is exactly my point. anyone with links to the nigerian military will tell you that being a soldier at time was crazy and a lot of them died in poverty and still do if i am not mistaken. Let me not even bother to tussle logic with you, let him declare his assets and we'll see. why hasn't he done so in the first place. Also can you be on a normal salary to contest elections in Nigeria. please dont let stuppidity and amnesia affect your response.

@ Bidemi 12, I understand your challenge and reasoning. You need to be free from salary mentality and key into the law of increase. You are part of those people who lived by salary alone. I do not know where you are or what you are doing but riches are not necessarily how much you have in your bank accounts. You said Buhari has not declared his assets, then you must really be outside this country or totally disconnected from the society to say such.

You said many soldiers died in poverty but I know a lot who never took Govt appointment but lived well and are still doing well today. Many went into farming, others do business, and do you know as ex- head of state, he has pension and you do not have the idea of how much that is, do you? I know a lot of Ex bank managers who are poor today despite huge salary they collected few years back. I know school teachers who are successful owners of schools and other businesses today and are doing well despite poor salaries. POVERTY IS A CHOICE. and you do not have to steal or born to wealth to be rich. IT IS ALSO A CHOICE.

Your last assumption, how much did Lam Adeshina had prior to he becoming governor of OYO STATE? What about his deputy Oladokun? How much did Bola Ige has during his life time. And what do you need money from to contest election? To pick form for interest which was purchased for LAM Adesina. It is only in Party where you get the candidacy by selection and settlements that money matters. Give us a budget of what it will take to run a proper presidential campaign and lets see if the wastage we are seeing today is necessary.

Tell us how much Buhari alone has contributed to his campaign. Tell us how much OBJ had prior to becoming president in 1999 and how he built the campaign structure. How much did Obama has to run for presidency?

If you really consider these things, you will know you are myopic and you have a mindset that people cannot do things rightly cos you have not been consistent enough in right things, hence you did not reap the reward of right stand
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by Ikwikwikwi(m): 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2011
Pastor, pastor, oh Mr. Pastor. who will pasture your flock when you abandon them, save yourself from the self destruction journey which you are about to embark on. It is obvious that your mind is made up before now, but you will seriously regret your decision as you will lose more than you will ever gain.
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by johndoe200: 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2011
"Allah is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way"
- Maj. General Buhari
Re: Buhari’s Running Mate: Bakare Decides Today ! by kenniebaby(f): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2011
ayubam:

Like you name implies, you should be a mad cow. When you go on you knees and pray, will God do what you should do? The problem is your religious mind set that will not allow you to see beyond your nose. When last have you gone on your knees truly for this nation, please be sincere, and you come here to run your mouth about men who have risked all they have achieved in life to see a new nation where no one will be oppressed. What you should do first is to start praying for the nation, when you do that faithfully, God will tell you what you must do cos prayer is not one way communication.

well said!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afenifere Is Selling Yoruba Nation To Igbo Through Christian Religion! / This Video Of President Buhari Has Gotten Nigerians Angry / If I run with pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.