Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? (1397 Views)

Apart From Jesus, What Did TB Joshua Achieve? / Phillip Frimpong: Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband-To-Be (Photos) / Did TB Joshua Prophesy The Military Coup In Zimbabwe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
There’s a thread on front page about a medical doctor being cured of coronavirus by TB joshua’s pastor. But pastor Oyakhilome said convid19 is a scam. Are these two people operating and receiving data from different frequencies? grin

7 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
Very good observation @OP. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by petra1(m): 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Carchoice:
There’s a thread on front page about a medical doctor being cured of coronavirus by TB joshua’s pastor

That's Cameroonian medical Doctor

But pastor Oyakhilome said convid19 is a scam.

That's Nigeria. If you have tooth ache you will be captured and labelled covid patient. The rise in infection is based on false data.

1 Like

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by StrikeBack(m): 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Let me pitch my tent here
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
WELL, GOD IS MYSTERIOUS. HE COMMUNICATES WITH HIS FOLLOWERS MYSTERIOUSLY. LIKE A CONFUSED DRUNK. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Religion is the greatest fraud of all time.

3 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Maestro21: 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Carchoice:
There’s a thread on front page about a medical doctor being cured of coronavirus by TB joshua’s pastor. But pastor Oyakhilome said convid19 is a scam. Are these two people operating and receiving data from different frequencies? grin

Save your soul. Fake news will be your end.

COVID-19 is a scam. What did he mean? That there is no COVID-19? If he said so present the proof.

He said it is a scam because it is being over-sold. It is not as deleterious as advertised. The number counts are inflated and fear-mongering is used to get people to fall in line. He never said there is no COVID-19.
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
Maestro21:
Save your soul. Fake news will be your end.
COVID-19 is a scam. What did he mean? That there is no COVID-19? If he said so present the proof.
He said it is a scam because it is being over-sold. It is not as deleterious as advertised. The number counts are inflated and fear-mongering is used to get people to fall in line. He never said there is no COVID-19.
Are 500,000 more lives lost in a matter of about 4 months to this bug of no big deal? undecided undecided
At least 500,000 more corpses added to the total tally of deaths this year, all the result of a scam? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by kingxsamz(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
Carchoice:

Adeboye said God wants us to go on a compulsory holiday and he wants to use the virus to humble people.

TB Joshua said the virus would disappear on the 31st of March.

Pastor Chris said it's not coronavirus, it's 5g.
That the whole thing is the work of the anti-christ.

Oyedepo is complaining about the lockdown of churches. I thought we were on a compulsory holiday like Adeboye stated. cheesy

All of them claim to serve the same god and that this same god ministers to them.
Shouldn't it be clear to these deluded folks that these men are all con-artists and aren't actually hearing from any god? undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Image123(m): 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Adeboye said God wants us to go on a compulsory holiday and he wants to use the virus to humble people.

Oyedepo is complaining about the lockdown of churches. I thought we were on a compulsory holiday like Adeboye stated. cheesy

All of them claim to serve the same god and that this same god ministers to them.
Shouldn't it be clear to these deluded folks that these men are all con-artists and aren't actually hearing from any god? undecided

i don't know about and cannot speak for TB and pastor Chris. But the other two still join na. Holiday no be forever, e dey end. Oyedepo's point is clear and common sense. You should not let people go every other place and do every other thing except church. Except you have an agenda, it makes no sense. There's no social distance or whatever in the market, bus, place of work where everyone is spending hours daily. So is it 3 or 4 hours in organised church with ushers and co that corona will catch you? It's common sense.
Do lockdown with sense,not just punishing people for your ineptitude and copying America and Europe. Ease lockdown with sense too, simple.
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by karo93: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
Image123:

i don't know about and cannot speak for TB and pastor Chris. But the other two still join na. Holiday no be forever, e dey end. Oyedepo's point is clear and common sense. You should not let people go every other place and do every other thing except church. Except you have an agenda, it makes no sense. There's no social distance or whatever in the market, bus, place of work where everyone is spending hours daily. So is it 3 or 4 hours in organised church with ushers and co that corona will catch you? It's common sense.
Do lockdown with sense,not just punishing people for your ineptitude and copying America and Europe. Ease lockdown with sense too, simple.

The government also shut down night clubs,ashawo houses and all those shows by naira marley and other artists which are all said to promote vices.....drinking, immorality, illicit sex....

I think the government is actually doing the work of God, fighting against immorality and promoting holiness..... or what do you think?

Half truths are worse than lies....because lies can be detected easily but......

Mosques churches schools, nysc orientation camps ,clubs ,ashawo houses, parties...... have all been shut down for the same reason. They are not essential to life and economy.

All these half truth propaganda is not helping matters....

Covid can spread in the church and mosque as well as market....but if it spreads in the market we can say.....i would rather die of covid than hunger..... CAN YOU SAY THE SAME OF A CHURCH? OR CLUB? OR MOSQUE? OR BROTHEL?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by budaatum: 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
karo93:

The government also shut down night clubs,ashawo houses and all those shows by naira marley and other artists which are all said to promote vices.....drinking, immorality, illicit sex....

I think the government is actually doing the work of God, fighting against immorality and promoting holiness..... or what do you think?

Half truths are worse than lies....because lies can be detected easily but......

Mosques churches schools, nysc orientation camps ,clubs ,ashawo houses, parties...... have all been shut down for the same reason. They are not essential to life and economy.

Covid can spread in the church and mosque as well as market....but if it spreads in the market we can say.....i would rather die of covid than hunger..... CAN YOU SAY THE SAME OF A CHURCH? OR CLUB? OR MOSQUE? OR BROTHEL?
One just need see what's happening in America to see the consequences of opening too soon.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-worst-nightmare-may-be-happening-160945945.html

1 Like

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Maestro21: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Are 500,000 more lives lost in a matter of about 4 months to this bug of no big deal? undecided undecided
At least 500,000 more corpses added to the total tally of deaths this year, all the result of a scam? undecided undecided

Let me tell you something you can look up. Even if the rest of the world today tested positive to COVID19 the death count will still be 500K. That puts the death rate still below heart diseases, malaria and even the common flu. So why lockdown nations over COVID19 and never about the common flu?

Why tag all deaths with COVID19 as caused by COVID19 and never do same for the common flu?

Why announce confirmed cases and not recoveries? Of 100 confirmed cases, only about 2 will die whilst 20 will recover. Which is more news worthy?

They had to lockdown countries based on models saying that 100s of millions will die worldover. We are at 500K (and please do not dare tell me it is due to the lockdowns) as the confirmed cases still increased but the death rates did not.

The COVID-19 brouhaha is a scam because it depends on how the mainstream media want to report it.
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Maestro21: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lies.
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Maestro21: 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
karo93:

[s]The government also shut down night clubs,ashawo houses and all those shows by naira marley and other artists which are all said to promote vices.....drinking, immorality, illicit sex....

Covid can spread in the church and mosque as well as market....but if it spreads in the market we can say.....i would rather die of covid than hunger..... CAN YOU SAY THE SAME OF A CHURCH? OR CLUB? OR MOSQUE? OR BROTHEL?[/s]

Are you a christian? I want to know before I shred this argument beyond lines.
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Maestro21: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
budaatum:

One just need see what's happening in America to see the consequences of opening too soon.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-worst-nightmare-may-be-happening-160945945.html

And you called someone dumb. LOL

Protests did not increase COVID confirmed cases in the US, it was opening up states that did.

Yet, doctors have admitted that the COVID19 strain seems to have decreased in virulence. More people are testing positive but fewer people are dying as a result.

Think!
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Image123(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
karo93:

You say this because you are an unbeliever. A Christian does not think that way. Church is a vital part of life and priority for a Christian. Fortunately, we've been able to have fellowship using other means like home cells, online, radio and TV. So the church marches on. That you call it half truth proves that you saw truth in it. Your complement of clubs and brothels is what is skewed. Even those who visit such places don't plaçe it at par with church.
If you can spend 10hours daily mingling in the market, bus and work. Nothing should stop social distance with mask and sanitizer for 3hrs in church once a week or even daily.
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by budaatum: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
Maestro21:

And you called someone dumb. LOL

Protests did not increase COVID confirmed cases in the US, it was opening up states that did.

Yet, doctors have admitted that the COVID19 strain seems to have decreased in virulence. More people are testing positive but fewer people are dying as a result.

Think!
I don't think I called anyone dumb yet, neither did I say anything about protests, though I do think they are contributory.

In fact, did I not say opening up was the culprit?

Go check and let me know if you are just not reading properly and thereby being dumb, or perhaps your response was meant for someone else.

Do let us know please, Maestro21.
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Maestro21: 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2020
budaatum:

I don't think I called anyone dumb yet, neither did I say anything about protests, though I do think they are contributory.

In fact, did I not say opening up was the culprit?

Go check and let me know if you are just not reading properly and thereby being dumb, or perhaps your response was meant for someone else.

Do let us know please, Maestro21.

How can opening up be the culprit but the numbers never dwindled when the states were closed up?

How can the same lame stream media argue that the opening up (even when people TRIED to follow their rubbish social distancing rules) caused the spikes and not the protests (where no rules were followed)?

I highlighted your own words for others to read and laugh at you.
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by kingxsamz(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
Maestro21:

Lies.

Quote the lie. undecided
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by budaatum: 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
Maestro21:

How can opening up be the culprit but the numbers never dwindled when the states were closed up?
You should perhaps go do some research. You'd find that states where numbers were dwindling pre-opening up are now increasing post too early opening up.

They after all never would have opened up if numbers had not been dwindling.

1 Like

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by budaatum: 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Maestro21:

I highlighted your own words for others to read and laugh at you.
As for what you highlighted, could you explain to me how the following differs please:

Maestro21:

Does it mean, opening up [too early] increased confirmed COVID cases, by any chance?

1 Like

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Maestro21:
Let me tell you something you can look up. Even if the rest of the world today tested positive to COVID19 the death count will still be 500K. That puts the death rate still below heart diseases, malaria and even the common flu. So why lockdown nations over COVID19 and never about the common flu?
Because we don't want more deaths... that is what the lockdown was meant to help prevent... more deaths. undecided
Maestro21:
Why tag all deaths with COVID19 as caused by COVID19 and never do same for the common flu?
Not all deaths are tagged Covid19. People are still dying from heartattacks, flu, stroke etc., even as people continue to die of Covid19. undecided
Maestro21:
Why announce confirmed cases and not recoveries? Of 100 confirmed cases, only about 2 will die whilst 20 will recover. Which is more news worthy?
Because recoveries need to be confirmed as recoveries, something that is hard to do with a novel virus as we are not certain yet of what "recovery" should mean with Covid19. undecided
Maestro21:
They had to lockdown countries based on models saying that 100s of millions will die worldover. We are at 500K (and please do not dare tell me it is due to the lockdowns) as the confirmed cases still increased but the death rates did not.
The COVID-19 brouhaha is a scam because it depends on how the mainstream media want to report it.
If you believe you are right, there is nothing I can tell you that will change your mind. I am currently affected not by a lockdown but a spread after the lockdown and it ain't going so well here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by karo93: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
Image123:

You say this because you are an unbeliever. A Christian does not think that way. Church is a vital part of life and priority for a Christian. Fortunately, we've been able to have fellowship using other means like home cells, online, radio and TV. So the church marches on. That you call it half truth proves that you saw truth in it. Your complement of clubs and brothels is what is skewed. Even those who visit such places don't plaçe it at par with church.
If you can spend 10hours daily mingling in the market, bus and work. Nothing should stop social distance with mask and sanitizer for 3hrs in church once a week or even daily.

Its one thing to defend your views. Its normal and regular but to promote your personal views and defence as THE TRUTH is deceitful.....

I expect any christian to hold your views.....Why should the government prevent me from going to church? Who gave them that power? Dont i have the right to do what i like? Is this a military regime?

Its good to fight for your rights. Its good to fight for what you believe in. We all should....

But claiming that the lockdown is an agenda to destroy the church is just deceitful...... The muslims can say the same thing and protest too..... Then the club bangers and prostitutes can also claim its an agenda against them. That Buhari wants to turn Nigeria into an islamic country free from immorality....

We should always be willing and able to tell the difference between what we are fighting for and the TRUTH.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by budaatum: 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If you believe you are right, there is nothing I can tell you that will change your mind.
Perhaps Maestro is just being a bit slow today. Let us kindly give him the chance to catch up with the rest of us.

1 Like

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by budaatum: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
karo93:

Its one thing to defend your views. Its normal and regular but to promote your personal views and defence as THE TRUTH is deceitful.....

I expect any christian to hold your views.....Why should the government prevent me from going to church? Who gave them that power? Dont i have the right to do what i like? Is this a military regime?

Its good to fight for your rights. Its good to fight for what you believe in. We all should....

But claiming that the lockdown is an agenda to destroy the church is just deceitful...... The muslims can say the same thing and protest too..... Then the club bangers and prostitutes can also claim its an agenda against them. That Buhari wants to turn Nigeria into an islamic country free from immorality....

We should always be willing and able to tell the difference between what we are fighting for and the TRUTH.
Sorry Karo93, but I beg to differ on one minor point. A true Christian does not place his or her rights before that of their fellow human beings. In fact, a true Christian will unselfishly sacrifice their own right for that of others just as the very unselfish Jesus Christ is said to have sacrificed his right to life for the sins of all, as is written.

As you pointed out, "to promote your personal views and defence as THE TRUTH is deceitful.....". I'll go further and call it the logic of satan.

Apart from that minor point, 5 likes for you!

1 Like

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
budaatum:
Perhaps Maestro is just being a bit slow today. Let us kindly give him the chance to catch up with the rest of us.
If you say so! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
LOL hmm
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Image123(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
karo93:

The truth is not putting words in my mouth is it? i have not said, neither do i believe in all these paragraphs you have written. i have simply stated that, IN NIGERIA, it is commonsense to open up the church if we spend hours daily with little or no caution in the marketplace, ATMs, buses and work places. There is nothing i'm fighting for. i simply told someone that what he said about Oyedepo and Adeboye were commonsense and should not be misconstrued as confusion. If you have guilty conscience about opening up brothels and mosques, you are free to speak for them or protest for them. i'm not interested in or responsible for them.
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by petra1(m): 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by karo93: 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
Maestro21:

Are you a christian? I want to know before I shred this argument beyond lines.

Facts are universal regardless of location or religious affiliations....... if what you want to say is a fact then who i am doesnt matter. My person doesnt change the facts
Re: Oyakhilome Said Convid19 Is A Scam, Which Coronavirus Did TB Joshua Heal? by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
Image123:
Now you are just being biased! Tell that to folks who frequent gyms, bars, or even strip clubs at least once every other day. undecided
Image123:
A similar argument could be made for mosques, Bars, Nightclubs/Strip clubs, Gyms, Spas. etc. So as long as you are ok with the lifting on those as well, then cool! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kanae Vujicic, Nick Vujicic’s Wife / The Church And Homosexuality / Happy New Year To All Muslims In Da House. Today Is 1st Muharram 1432ah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.