Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Electricity: How To Fill Form For Prepaid Meter, Requirements And Amount To Pay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity: How To Fill Form For Prepaid Meter, Requirements And Amount To Pay (976 Views)

Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? / Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? / Electricity: How Many Hours Of Power Do You Receive Daily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Electricity: How To Fill Form For Prepaid Meter, Requirements And Amount To Pay by Gjrich(m): 9:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
Electricity: How To Fill Form For Collection Of Prepaid Meter, Requirements And Amount To Pay.

The tariff increase in our electricity consumption is billed to take effect from July 1, 2020. This development is not in any way, acceptable to the consumers at all. But what do we have to say, when the government is even singing the same song with them. What the tariff increase means to many Nigerians is that, we are simply paying more for darkness. Consumers have become helpless, now that our government doesn't see anything untimely and unacceptable in the tariff increase. Well, we consumers are in the hands of God. Consumers pay for repair of transformers, pay for change of faulty cables and even bribe the PHCN officials to come for the installation on time.

The prepaid meter being advertised by the electricity distributors are not in any free. But getting to their office recently, I got to know that, it will take you just maximum of two weeks to get a prepaid meter, be it single face or double face. What baffles me more is that, the costs of the prepaid meters have increased greatly. Now, single face prepaid meter goes for the sum of 50,000 naira excluding connection cost. The double face goes for the sum of 90,000 naira excluding connection cost.

Requirements for collection of prepaid meter:

(1) evidence of payment of the land use charge of the building;

(2) means of identification of the owner of the property;

(3) one passport photograph of the owner of the property; and

(4) the bill of the analogue meter (if there is any).

All you need to do is to apply on time. The joy of it is that, within two weeks you are very likely to get the meter. That is the best way to reduce the suffering we are experiencing on electricity consumption in Nigeria. With prepaid meter, you only pay for what you consume.

Re: Electricity: How To Fill Form For Prepaid Meter, Requirements And Amount To Pay by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
Where is thunder when you need it?
When are we ever gonna enjoy this country?
Lockdown
Low means of survival
No job, nothing and things keep increasing in prices and decreasing in quality and quantity.

Abeg if God put goodness in your heart, or God blessed you and you think of how to repay him, just come sponsor me out of this country.
Even if na Italy, I go go o.
But just make am Canada or Austria but if na 2nd tier country you fit do for me, I no mind sir or ma
Re: Electricity: How To Fill Form For Prepaid Meter, Requirements And Amount To Pay by JimD(m): 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
Please let's take this petition to 100 signatures. The petition is for better electricity before increasing electricity tariffs.

Please sign the petition and let's drive a reform in the distros. Electricity distribution is very inefficient and the distros keep making money off Nigerians... while NERC folds its arms.

(1) (Reply)

EDO: Senator Owie Joins PDP / Buhari, Jonathan Are Like Brothers – Adesina Mocks ‘bitter’ Nigerians / What Would Have Been Nigeria's Lingua Franca If We Weren't Colonized ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.