Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government (109854 Views)

'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ / Scene Of The Clash Between Security Men And Shiite Members In Abuja (Photos) / United States Reacts To Clash Between Shiite Members And Soldiers In Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Professorcplus(m): 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
Follygunners:
These Politicians and 'leaders' reflect the average Nigerian mindset! cool

It's not an APC or PDP issue... the problem with Nigeria is the average Nigerian. The average Nigerian lacks discipline, uncivilized, enormously greedy, selfish and, would do worse if they're in public office. sad Millions of innocent souls languish in abject poverty cuz of their greed. angry

True. I feel you bruv. You are not alone on this. But, let not live in bitterness and hatred because at the end we are all human. Don't let us be harsh with our words towards his family. The dead is gone. Cheer. @ Modestgal what do you think?
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by dayleke: 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
tot:

You people will be talking as if MD/CEOs are paid BILLIONS.

They are well paid yes, but stop with the exaggeration. At the end of the day, it's still a salaried position.

Na Naija mentality

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Greenvaiper: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
fairfora:
grin . He was not MD but a line manager and according to Arapaja, that's the only place in his resume where he was said to have worked. If you're from Ibadan, you'd know how notable Mr Arapaja is in oyo politics.

Chaiii. They really packaged him wella. But why didn't d company come out to dispute him being their former MD?
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Kingbuhari(m): 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
traihit:
Is there anyone of those politicians who doesn't have a house at Agodi GRA? Since 1999, I can only vouch for the late Lam Adesina. Almost all the other governors including Seyi Makinde has a mansion there. We don't have a crop of politicians who are entirely free from corruption but meanwhile, the mansion in question is a case still in court and there's been no official report it was acquired as a loot but don't be deceived, Agodi GRA, Oluyole, Bodija and Samonda are choice places for these elites and power is just a way of cementing that choice. Take a stroll around these areas and see some of the houses deserted and unoccupied. It's the type of democracy we practice here.
last I checked makinde was a billionaire before joining Politics, yellowbar people and their slavery politics Tufiakwa
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by jasent(m): 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
Wasky101:

Show me one politician that doesn't have this kind hse of and that has been atleast a senator.
Stating Apc or Pdp means y'all not ready for any serious government.
I will give u a little peep into how it works, you know that the interior decorator for that hse might be the daughter of a pdp governor.
This people don't play politics when they steal politics is only played as a means to an end.
So stop politicising theft
You have a point though, but don't forget we voted in APC/buhari to fight corruption, and he asked us to vote for APC at state levels.But sadly they are doing the same thing,so why why were they voted in?
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Ajsmart(m): 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
These poli-thiefiians build mansion and maintain their expensive lifestyles on the blood and sweat of the average Nigerian, smh. These maggots should be behind bars like the animals they are.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
Greenvaiper:

Chaiii. They really packaged him wella. But why didn't d company come out to dispute him being their former MD?
well, I don't know why some politicians tend to hide some info from public. I think they understand better. I remember President Jonatham being appointed as education commissioner when my uncle Nav. Capt. Olubolade served as Milad in bayelsa when abacha was in power . He never included this in his resume presented for screening before he became vice president and president of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Ifybwoy7: 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
Follygunners:
These Politicians and 'leaders' reflect the average Nigerian mindset! cool

It's not an APC or PDP issue... the problem with Nigeria is the average Nigerian. The average Nigerian lacks discipline, uncivilized, enormously greedy, selfish and, would do worse if they're in public office. sad Millions of innocent souls languish in abject poverty cuz of their greed. angry

For now, may he rot in hell! May Thunder strike his stupid widow, may lightening strike all his children! angry
wow bro, yes every Nigerian deserve to hurt by these thieves. but throwing curse's at his kids is much too much
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Follygunners: 1:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
shukudi:

As you sent wonderful prayers to him and his family, in like manner I pray may you and your family also perish in inferno

Of course, you're definitely one of his families or a beneficiary of his loot. In that case, I dash you and ur generations this token. grin

Awon iran kiran, Oloriburuku, Olofo masha-nfani angry Stealing public funds at the expense of millions of lives. You and ur family shall never experience peace! angry

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by baby124: 1:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
fairfora:
grin . He was not MD but a line manager and according to Arapaja, that's the only place in his resume where he was said to have worked. If you're from Ibadan, you'd know how notable Mr Arapaja is in oyo politics.

Don’t mind them they think we are stupid. Ajimobi’s daughter stole Alameisegha’s looted and laundered money to help her father sponsor his political ambition. Which money did he have before politics to afford this idiot house?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Billygee2u: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
jasent:
APC governors,nan their way be that..Oshiomole that could not afford 500k in 2006/7 for his campaign has now built multi billion naira mansion,yet some idiot that knows nothing about him wants us to elect his candidate.. Ole buruku..
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by InvertedHammer: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
fairfora:
When Governor Makinde took office, he was said to have discovered massive fraud perpetrated by his predecessor's government and called for an in-depth investigation. One of the Late Ajimobi's assets under investigation is the Agodi 's Mansion. Here's the video of the Mansion( below).

I wonder what the man still wanted at 70. Our politicians are super greedy. Awaye malo kan ko si...which literally means everyone born of man must die, wondering why they still keep amassing so much even at old age as if they would live forever. This man wasn't an investor, neither was he a businessman. The money used belongs to the Oyo People. This was one of the reasons the party's supporters never liked what makinde is doing to their man.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1277736517818093569
/
Where is the mansion?

Sorry to say.

But in the South-East, this does not qualify as a mansion. Onicha main market merchants have houses better than this.

\

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
Now I know why the wife was ranting. Imagine what one person want to own as private home?

And this was d same politician some ppl want to take over from Oshiomothief as party Chairman. I tot it's only PDP that are looters? APC politicians are worst.

I'm speechless
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by DavSagacity(m): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
traihit:
Is there anyone of those politicians who doesn't have a house at Agodi GRA? Since 1999, I can only vouch for the late Lam Adesina. Almost all the other governors including Seyi Makinde has a mansion there. We don't have a crop of politicians who are entirely free from corruption but meanwhile, the mansion in question is a case still in court and there's been no official report it was acquired as a loot but don't be deceived, Agodi GRA, Oluyole, Bodija and Samonda are choice places for these elites and power is just a way of cementing that choice. Take a stroll around these areas and see some of the houses deserted and unoccupied. It's the type of democracy we practice here.
Yes. alot of those kind of houses deserted while some are sleeping under the bridge and some have been thrown out of their apartment because of inability to pay rent.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by ModestGal(f): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
Professorcplus:

True. I feel you bruv. You are not alone on this. But, let not live in bitterness and hatred because at the end we are all human. Don't let us be harsh with our words towards his family. The dead is gone. Cheer. @ Modestgal what do you think?
Thanks for mentioning me sir, I somehow agree with what follygunners said. And you are also right, we shouldn't live in bitterness and anger, but we should correct things.
Nigerians lacks discipline and we've all suffered from poverty mentality, its not because they want to be that way, its because living in such a way has become normal, and many of these people don't know they are doing wrong things and the society doesn't know they are responsible for such behaviors.
What we all refer to ''stealing'' is God answer my prayers for those politicians and their family members. To them, its a miracle, its because they are born with stars etcetera
Its usually people that their families are not in those offices that sees it as stealing, if a family has political leader who is not stealing, corrupting for his people, he would be referred to as a bastard and a bad person by them and others would not praise him for his discipline, but even laugh at him for being hated by his family members

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
baby124:

Don’t mind them they think we are stupid. Ajimobi’s daughter stole Alameisegha’s looted and laundered money to help her father sponsor his political ambition. Which money did he have before politics to afford this idiot house?
its just like saying oshimohle had education and schooled in havard when he didn't have any certificate close to such when he became governor. He went back to school when he was governor because he had made rnought money. By the time they package this for him on wiki, you'd be wowed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Carlyscales: 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
traihit:

I don't like people talking carelessly without due diligence and facts.

GSM has his house built by self made money at ikolaba GRA and not in Agodi.
Even if I give it to you that he has one at Agodi. That's not Oyo's money. It'll be personal resources as this is his first time in Govt.

About the building in question, its really a pity ( for a man of 70yrs). Inasmuch as Ajimobi worked for Oyo people, he as well stole them dry. He was the one that started the litigation on the property against Oyo state govt. Because he built on the land set apart by the Govt for Oyo instead on the land set apart for past governors at Agodi hill. So its natural for the Govt to confistigate it for the State.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by saajus: 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
48 plots of land at Agodi Government Reservation Areas (GRAs). That's a top-notch area in Ibadan. Haba. It's unfortunate that death can change our stone-hearted politicians. They will still continue in their bad ways.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Bimpe29: 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hmn!
Such is life of a typical human, we are all greedy svae the few who are contented.
Greed is human but highly disastrous.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Designsking: 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
Make them kill themselves
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by shukudi(m): 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
Follygunners:

Of course, you're definitely one of his families or a beneficiary of his loot. In that case, I dash you and ur generations this token. grin

Awon iran kiran, Oloriburuku, Olofo masha-nfani angry Stealing public funds at the expense of millions of lives. You and ur family shall never experience peace! angry

I don't depend on any politician for survival, at the same do not see them as hindrances to my success. Your failures in life are your direct responsibilities, likewise your success. Cursing them and their families will not change anything.
Your grandparents cursed the politicians of their generation, how did they end?
Your parents cursed politicians of their generation, where are they now?
You are also cursing the politicians of your generation, has your life improved?
Are you also preparing your children to curse the politicians of their generation and live their lives complaining of bad governance?

The choice is yours!

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Advocate500: 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
Goodness me , from a governor in a state where people find it difficult to eat three square meals.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by GEEBITE: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2020
So Seyi Makinde was a Governor when he built his house in Ikolaba GRA over a decade ago.?Why do you guys like to stand objectivity on its head.Some called Ajimobi a billionaire before he became a senator.His house in Oluyole Estate was built on the land he inherited from his father.How come he did not acquire a land in Agodi,Bodija,Jericho or Onireke GRAs as a billionaire then. He chose to build on a land donated by to him by Arisekola being a clever man knew Akala's greek gift to him was a poisoned chalice. The original owner of that land through dubious means too is Ladoja whose CofO was revoked by Akala .
traihit:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by banhammy: 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
The swimming pool is for who?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by COMPAQ(m): 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
Houses in Ibadan that don't have value!! Maybe they should turn it into a hotel.

I grew up in Ibadan in Bodija area. Most of my friends houses in old and new Bodija, Ashi area, Akobo, Ikolaba etc....big, big houses are all empty, with kids either abroad or outside Ibadan. When parents die, the house becomes too big to rent. In some cases the houses are empty. The few ones on busy streets become hotels or lounges.

The huge Tewogbade house in New Bodija on Ladoke Akintola had been turned into a bar/lounge as far back as 2009 or so. Only God knows the status of the property now. This was a house we used to marvel at in the late 80's and 90's, with plenty of modern cars in there.

I am sure the same fate has befallen Arisekola Alao huge house in Ikolaba

4 Likes

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Professorcplus(m): 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
ModestGal:

Thanks for mentioning me sir, I somehow agree with what foIlygunners said. And you are also right, we shouldn't live in bitterness and anger, but we should correct things.
Nigerians lacks discipline and we've all suffered from poverty mentality, its not because they want to be that way, its because living in such a way has become normal, and many of these people don't know they are doing wrong things and the society doesn't know they are responsible for such behaviors.
What we all refer to ''stealing'' is God answer my prayers for those politicians and their family members. To them, its a miracle, its because they are born with stars etcetera
Its usually people that their families are not in those offices that sees it as stealing, if a family has political leader who is not stealing, corrupting for his people, he would be referred to as a bastard and a bad person by them and others would not praise him for his discipline, but even laugh at him for being hated by his family members
Well said. The society justify fruad but will be quick to bash people involved in it when caught. We are hypocritical and judgemental in this society. The situation between Hushpuppi and Daddy freeze is another example here. You see people quick to bash but the question is if were to put the mirror in front of us, are we better us than both of them?

If a big politicians is willing to give you some large sum of money to start biz would you accept even if you don't know the source.

If the corruption/fruad benefits you, would you accept it?

Even the average Nigerian has associated with these politicians and fruadsters either known or unknown, but will go ahead to bash on social media but still practice it within their caucus from banking sector to NEPA office, even in government parastatals, universities ... I won't lie to you, I don't see Nigeria become better anytime soon undecided

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Drizzy5001(m): 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
All is vanity
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by princejude(m): 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
helinues:

But why corro now.... grin
Becos na corro era we dey
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by dewuyiebun: 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
This life ain't a thing, before he was the one giving orders in the state now the table has turn, someone else now gives order where his corpse will be buried

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Jdbrasco2: 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
Crazy. It looks like he embezzled public fund. This definitely worth billions of naira
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by COMPAQ(m): 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
Professorcplus:

Well said. The society justify fruad but will be quick to bash people involved in it when caught. We are hypocritical and judgemental in this society. The situation between Hushpuppi and Daddy freeze is another example here. You see people quick to bash but the question is if were to put the mirror in front of us, are we better us than both of them?

If a big politicians is willing to give you some large sum of money to start biz would you accept even if you don't know the source.

If the corruption/fruad benefits you, would you accept it?

Even the average Nigerian has associated with these politicians and fruadsters either known or unknown, but will go ahead to bash on social media but still practice it within their caucus from banking sector to NEPA office, even in government parastatals, universities ... I won't lie to you, I don't see Nigeria become better anytime soon undecided

Very good point and very well said. How many people in the entire Nairaland wouldn't do a deal in their office if it would bring them N10mln, with chances of being caught being very low.

Everyday in Nigeria, we are all being corrupt,either financially or morally, from lecturers sleeping with students, bankers doing forex deals or conniving with customers to shortchange their own banks for gratification, oil workers supporting bunkerers with info, civil servants frustrating citizens and forcing them to part with their money, police, immigration, customs, brothers swindling family members abroad on pretext of building house for them etc. How many more can I mention!? There are doxens more examples that highlight just how corrupt WE ALL are. Including many who make noise here.

The true test of all our integrity is if we are offered a N1bln deal and we reject it and inform EFFC and continue with our normal salary lifes.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by quiteboy(m): 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
Nah we dey kill ourselves, wetin baba wan take this kind property at 70 to do? Baba no plan to die @70 oh. Next year then for do house opening. Apc shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo Dances Gbe Body Till His Shoes Fell Off His Feet (Photos, Video) / List Of Buhari's Ministerial Nominees Screened By DSS - Naij.com / See Pic Of Buhari In UK 2day As Shared By Popular Socialist Aishat.see Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.