Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government (109861 Views)

'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ / Scene Of The Clash Between Security Men And Shiite Members In Abuja (Photos) / United States Reacts To Clash Between Shiite Members And Soldiers In Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by doggedfighter(f): 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
Why won't the wealthy feel like God when thousands of graduate are scrambling for Amotekun jobs. undecided

Amotekun is even better. What of the recently introduced gutter cleaning 20k job. Graduates will fight for that too while they and their childrensquander our collective wealth on what they don't need

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by golddare: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
fairfora:
When Governor Makinde took office, he was said to have discovered massive fraud perpetrated by his predecessor's government and called for an in-depth investigation. One of the Late Ajimobi's assets under investigation is the Agodi 's Mansion. Here's the video of the Mansion( below).

I wonder what the man still wanted at 70. Our politicians are super greedy. Awaye malo kan ko si...which literally means everyone born of man must die, wondering why they still keep amassing so much even at old age as if they would live forever. This man wasn't an investor, neither was he a businessman. The money used belongs to the Oyo People. This was one of the reasons the party's supporters never liked what makinde is doing to their man.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1277736517818093569

The money put into this mansion so far is enough to build a world standard Hospital. You need to see the state hospital and you will be sorry for Oyo people.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by ijedeikorodu(m): 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
Building that mansion is a waste of funds because nobody will ever reside in there, maybe except the mai-guard and his family.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by ModestGal(f): 2:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
Professorcplus:

Well said. The society justify fruad but will be quick to bash people involved in it when caught. We are hypocritical and judgemental in this society. The situation between Hushpuppi and Daddy freeze is another example here. You see people quick to bash but the question is if were to put the mirror in front of us, are we better us than both of them?

If a big politicians is willing to give you some large sum of money to start biz would you accept even if you don't know the source.

If the corruption/fruad benefits you, would you accept it?

Even the average Nigerian has associated with these politicians and fruadsters either known or unknown, but will go ahead to bash on social media but still practice it within their caucus from banking sector to NEPA office, even in government parastatals, universities ... I won't lie to you, I don't see Nigeria become better anytime soon undecided
Well, I do see Nigeria becoming better with our new generation, all we have to do is to help them see the light, I'm 100% certain they would make the country better

3 Likes

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by DonroxyII: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
doggedfighter:
Our people and their insatiable knack for material acquisitions especially houses and houses in which most are empty sad
Go to Abuja and many of our GRAs and see mostly empty mansions .

Some of the owners are dead with children that have no idea what to do with those mansions.

All I ask for is a comfortable life

Some don't even know their father has mansions across Nigeria ... Some of them just build as Guest House or for investment purpose to be sold at later date in future but the future is their burial ground.

I once entered Asokoro in Abuja and I never knew when I blurted out to my oga that "Sir, am I still in Nigeria" .... The man was just laughing at my village a.ss ... See Mansions everywhere inhabited by Hawks while Audu (A fulani) and wives and Children man the gate ...

Nigeria yaff scattered!!

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by RaptorX: 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Where is the mansion?

Sorry to say.

But in the South-East, this does not qualify as a mansion. Onicha main market merchants have houses better than this.

\
A lot of your comments are always off point.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Macon1212: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
tope777:

Seyi makinde build his own with proceed from business, his not one of your regular politician that embezle goverment money.

Makinde already worth #50 billions before he was inagurated as he declared his assets. We should be wary of people here who are paid to be defending fraudulent Ajimobi
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by kpompey: 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
pat077:
did makinde acquired the mansion when he was in government?

makinde is the most useless.He signed this with ladoja to become Governor.Hez intention is to collect it from one thief and transfer it to another.Let them sell the building to refurbished our dilapitated schools
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Angeltjazz2017(m): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
Wealthyone:

In as much as i don't support ajimobi or any politician, Makinde has started his looting and property conversion where Ajimobi stopped. Makinde is a disappointment to Oyo state. He keep repeating the same thing he accused Ajimobi of. He has installed care-taker chairmen; what electorate frowned at during Ajimobi's regime and makinde himself used as a campaign selling point. He called it illegal, but he has repeated it.

Oloribu somebody ni ooo

He re-commissioned few of Ajimobi's projects which he once called "White Elephant" projects; another opportunity to loot. He has started converting private properties in 'marketable' areas all in the name of 'revoking' but he will end up constructing a filling station (Managed by Gastab).

If he says there is a litigation on this property, how about other litigation he ignored and acted on?

Makinde himself is a scam like the nuisance old man at Aso-Rock. Adelabu won't in any way be better but Makinde is a Scam and he is failling already.

Ajimobi, Makinde, Buhari and others...... are thieves and have no citizens interest at heart.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by ajl: 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Imagine, a former public official wanting to live like a CEO of a billion dollar company. Why not go into business and be an entrepreneur? But no, they want to steal to achieve that rather than take the risk and put in the work. This is the easy way. Just like Yahoo Yahoo.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by NosaHenry(m): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
This is surely bad. A man of 70 years building a mansion like this, at what age will he complete it and move in? 100 years? Greed is the bane of humanity.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by InvertedHammer: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
RaptorX:
A lot of your comments are always off point.
/
I am not fazed. Nigeria is a shithole because you condemn good and praise mediocrity. Sycophants reign supreme.

A condemnation from your ilk is an honour unless you are not a bonafide Nigerian. It shows that I am on the right path. I will wear it as a badge of honour.

/
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by jrusky(m): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
Sorry can't see anything spectacular here at all the structure look like event hall or cinema hall so what is the fuss?

And by the way is anyone expecting him mot to build a good home for himself or what? I'm not suporting corruption but pls time of Julius Nyerere, Kenneth Kaunda, Nkurumah, Shagari era had passed.

Let this man be, he is dead and gone efcc can't even probe him anymore. I'm sick of Ajimobi news everywhere.

Why not all these when he was alife? Its too late now for any blabla.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by abike12(f): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
wondering why he didn't take this lovely mansion with him...
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
golddare:

The money put into this mansion so far is enough to build a world standard Hospital. You need to see the state hospital and you will be sorry for Oyo people.
are you talking of old adeoyo or the new one off ring road? They're both eyesores

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by pholusac: 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
Why is average Nigerian greedy? The answer is not far fetched. It is the fear of tomorrow, fear of uncertain future. Everyone wants to amass wealth for generations yet unborn. This sole reason that make anybody that has privilege to public fund to embezzled it even beyond necessary. Any government that is really serious about fighting corruption should put structures on ground that will allay this fear. If it is certain that there will be food and shelter for you either you work or not, then you will not have the mindset of stealing public fund when you are in position to do so. In addition, it is the same reason we have recycled politicians, people want to remain in power for the rest of their life in order to continue to enjoy public fund. Reasonable government will do things that will make the future certain for every citizen.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by mashad(m): 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
The questions that should always ring a bell onto our ears is that "if we were in such position, would we have not done similar thing??

Why do we think enmassing the country Gold n jewel is always attributed to the politicians??

If you were a politician, what would you not have done

Let's not judge, there is a spirit behind being in power and authority
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
The man is still on the way to face his judgement yet his people and government are already fighting over his property. What a world of hypocrites we dwell in. All that the man has been protecting are gone. Help you said no,
Give to the poor masses you said no because you have an ambition for presidency or APC chairmanship
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Mikyle: 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
The late man acquired this house only God knows how but now, he is relaxing in one body side apartment where he has no access to even mat, fan and candle not to talk of bed, a.c. and light respectively.
Hmmmmm such is life. I think we that are remaining should just thread cautiously.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by tot(f): 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
jrusky:
Sorry can't see anything spectacular here at all the structure look like event hall or cinema hall so what is the fuss?

And by the way is anyone expecting him mot to build a good home for himself or what? I'm not suporting corruption but pls time of Julius Nyerere, Kenneth Kaunda, Nkurumah, Shagari era had passed.

Let this man be, he is dead and gone efcc can't even probe him anymore. I'm sick of Ajimobi news everywhere.

Why not all these when he was alife? Its too late now for any blabla.

But you were the one that used your hand to click this link, no?
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by keeper303: 4:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
pholusac:
Why is average Nigerian greedy? The answer is not far fetched. It is the fear of tomorrow, fear of uncertain future. Everyone wants to amass wealth for generations yet unborn. This sole reason that make anybody that has privilege to public fund to embezzled it even beyond necessary. Any government that is really serious about fighting corruption should put structures on ground that will allay this fear. If it is certain that there will be food and shelter for you either you work or not, then you will not have the mindset of stealing public fund when you are in position to do so. In addition, it is the same reason we have recycled politicians, people want to remain in power for the rest of their life in order to continue to enjoy public fund. Reasonable government will do things that will make the future certain for every citizen.

Well said! That is why there is corruption in the civil / public service. A woman told me her pitiable story and I almost cried. This woman was a primary school teacher under Abuja Municipal Area Council until she retired at the age of 60years. Since she retired more than a year ago, she has neither been paid her gratuity nor pension. She even said some of senior colleagues who retired earlier spent 3 years before they were paid. Tell me how serving civil servants will not loot/steal to secure their future.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by leaculpa: 4:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
This is why I love fashola till tommorrow. Apart from being visionary, hardworking, and an exceptional leader. He never had this ostentatious appetite. He does not even hang out with the social crowd.

His house in surulere where he was living before he became governor is the same house he was living in after he left office. He did not move to a mansion in ikoyi (Even though he transformed several govt buildings in that axis).

This same thing ajimobi did is what gbenga Daniel did with my dad's land in ogun state. Hectares of land in abeokuta. He just collected it. Thank god my dad was still young & working & it didnt ruin him. Everyone got tired of going to court.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by pat077: 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
kpompey:

makinde is the most useless.He signed this with ladoja to become Governor.Hez intention is to collect it from one thief and transfer it to another.Let them sell the building to refurbished our dilapitated schools
let him transfer it to Ladoja before you start to complain.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by justlikedat: 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
tot:

But you were the one that used your hand to click this link, no?
I wonder o!
Nobody forced anybody to read any news here.
By the way, naija politicians will always steal our money and amass wealth at the expense of the masses as long as the followings remain the same
1. Our Laws: if you are charged for stealing, once you are bailed, you have 75% chance of winning the case. For things to change, stealing govt money should attract maximum penalty.
2. Mixing politics with religion: Those who are milking us dry attend the same churches with us and pray in the same mosque with us. Even many of them are friends of General overseers, renowned pastors, Alfa, Imams and religious leaders. Most of them steal and donate to the churches and build mosques. Infact, most of them hold one religious titles or the other and our religious leaders prays for them to always succeed in their acts.
3. Our Culture: We have a culture that worships money(directly or indirectly). Once you have money in naija you have become a good person, a role model. People don't bother how you make it, all that matters is many will be praying to be like you and with money in naija you can do and undo. You see musicians singing praises of yahooboys, 419ers, ritualist and people will be dancing and praising such ones even wanting to be like them. 419er, yahooboys, scammers are now being made kings and be voted for to represent our common interest. In naija, money is everything.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by tot(f): 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
justlikedat:

I wonder o!
Nobody forced anybody to read any news here.
By the way, naija politicians will always steal our money and amass wealth at the expense of the masses as long as the followings remain the same
1. Our Laws: if you are charged for stealing, once you are bailed, you have 75% chance of winning the case. For things to change, stealing govt money should attract maximum penalty.
2. Mixing politics with religion: Those who are milking us dry attend the same churches with us and pray in the same mosque with us. Even many of them are friends of General overseers, renowned pastors, Alfa, Imams and religious leaders. Most of them steal and donate to the churches and build mosques. Infact, most of them hold one religious titles or the other and our religious leaders prays for them to always succeed in their acts.
3. Our Culture: We have a culture that worships money(directly or indirectly). Once you have money in naija you have become a good person, a role model. People don't bother how you make it, all that matters is many will be praying to be like you and with money in naija you can do and undo. You see musicians singing praises of yahooboys, 419ers, ritualist and people will be dancing and praising such ones even wanting to be like them. 419er, yahooboys, scammers are now being made kings and be voted for to represent our common interest. In naija, money is everything.

You've said it all. If these 3 points above can be addressed, we definitely will be in a better space as a country.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Nairaboi(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
fairfora:
that's the word...mall-looking house. House maintenance isn't cheap man, not even a mansion of that capacity. That was one of the reasons i refused to go with my friends to lekki. I wish a brave youth could rise up and end the regime of these old fellas once and for all who keep deceiving Nigerians that youths are the leaders of tomorrow but have refused to leave the political arena. Both the APC and the PDP are the same...apc is even worse off and disappointing with all these we are seeing them do from bauchi to zamfara and now oyo. I wonder what others still in power would do by the time they leave office . What have they now done differently from the PDP? Where's the change now? It's well.
Youths like Invictus Obi, Huspuppi, and Yusuf Buhari abi? Oga, the youths we have are far worse. You may want to argue, but time shall tell.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Nairaboi(m): 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
fairfora:
that's the word...mall-looking house. House maintenance isn't cheap man, not even a mansion of that capacity. That was one of the reasons i refused to go with my friends to lekki. I wish a brave youth could rise up and end the regime of these old fellas once and for all who keep deceiving Nigerians that youths are the leaders of tomorrow but have refused to leave the political arena. Both the APC and the PDP are the same...apc is even worse off and disappointing with all these we are seeing them do from bauchi to zamfara and now oyo. I wonder what others still in power would do by the time they leave office . What have they now done differently from the PDP? Where's the change now? It's well.

Youths like Invictus Obi, Huspuppi, and Yusuf Buhari abi? Oga, the youths we have are far worse. You may want to argue, but time shall tell
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Kingzeez10: 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2020
jasent:
APC governors,nan their way be that..Oshiomole that could not afford 500k in 2006/7 for his campaign has now built multi billion naira mansion,yet some idiot that knows nothing about him wants us to elect his candidate.. Ole buruku..
If you're rooting for Obaseki then you need your brain to be checked because Obaseki was also his candidate before they fell apart.
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by jasent(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
Kingzeez10:

If you're rooting for Obaseki then you need your brain to be checked because Obaseki was also his candidate before they fell apart.
I am rooting for Obaseki,you are free to drink snipper if you like..
Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by okewumi: 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2020

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Omoluabi16(m): 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
pocohantas:

They full Lekki too. There is this one sharing fence with my house, some “elements“ have made it their abode. The gate and whole property is locked, so they use ladder to climb over the fence and sleep in the gateman’s cube- the only unlocked part of the property.
Exactly What I was discussing with someone today. Government should simply reposses any house that is unoccupied for particular time. My place here, there are some unoccupied houses pushing 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government by Kingzeez10: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
jasent:
I am rooting for Obaseki,you are free to drink snipper if you like..
You don't know what you're saying then, if Obaseki didn't fell out with Oshiomole you will still support him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / Obasanjo Dances Gbe Body Till His Shoes Fell Off His Feet (Photos, Video) / List Of Buhari's Ministerial Nominees Screened By DSS - Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.