Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife (1476 Views)

NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. / Monday Ubani: I Asked God To Disgrace Magu Out Of Office For Detaining Me / Falana Sues Army, Asks Court To Stop Positive Identification Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by nairalandankrah: 7:45am On Jun 30, 2020
A soldier, Lance Corporal Martins Idakpani, has sued the Nigerian Army the Chief of Army Staff and the Attorney General of the Federation over the arrest and detention of he and his wife, Victoria, claiming it was a breach of their fundamental human rights.

Mrs Idakpini was arrested last week barely days after her husband, Lance Corporal Idakpani, berated the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.Gen Tukur Buratai; and the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, in a video which went viral on the Internet.

The soldier had called on senior officers in the Army to resign for failing in the war against terrorism.

In the suit filed on their behalf by their lawyer, Mr Tope Akinyode, the applicants are seeking an order to compel the respondents to release her immediately.

Read also: Nigerian army on course to becoming self-sufficient in arms production –Buratai

In a supporting affidavit deposed to on their behalf by one Apeh Abuchi, the couple said they had been denied access to a lawyer and had not been informed of the alleged crime they committed since their arrest last week.

Shedding light on the development, Akinyode, who is the National President, Revolutionary Lawyer’s Forum, In a signed statement on Monday, described the continued detention as illegal.

Akinyode said: “We have just filed an action at the Federal High Court against the Nigerian Army, Chief of Army Staff and the Attorney of the Federation of Nigeria over the unlawful arrest and detention of Lance Corporal Martins and his Wife, Mrs Victoria Idakpini.”
https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/soldier-in-video-berating-buratai-sues-army-for-detaining-he-and-his-wife/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by SHEAU(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2020
Good
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by Ololade1999: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by majamajic(m): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by overdrive(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2020
Why arrest the wife

1 Like

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by Khayceeofficial(m): 8:04am On Jun 30, 2020
The guy forgot he's in Nigeria?

Big mistake man,really big mistake
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by 1Alex: 8:09am On Jun 30, 2020
On many occasions, I ponder on that name IPOB calls this country and I'm beginning to be convinced that the name is appropriate.

4 Likes

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by Artiiclebeast: 8:15am On Jun 30, 2020
#freelancecorporal martins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by FlordFlorez(m): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2020
We are with u, mr soja man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by jlinkd78(m): 8:57am On Jun 30, 2020
Good step

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by allthingsgood: 9:00am On Jun 30, 2020
Op u are not good
Of all the pics of bubu to display u chose this one grin

Anyway, that corporal should hang in there. Am sure he was prepared for the consequence of his actions. If u want human rights don't join the army. They play by different rules
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by Fasindo: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2020
shocked

I ask u to give me soldiers u ar giving me politicians in uniform...Maj.Gen Aguiyi Ironsi (1987)

Burutai is a politician in uniform.
Its only a politician that arrest someone nd his family for telling him d truth just like El Rufai did to Dandiyata.
Udom did to Agbajalingo.
Buhari did to Kalu.
Burutai is even more evil cos he arrested d man's wife too.

If Burutai should use d same energy nd alacrity he uses in arresting soldiers that tells him d truth nd channel it to fight against Boko boys in less than two weeks Shekau will be arrested.

I just pity people joining army as recruits, just on Saturday another set of recruits passed out from Nigerian army deport in Kaduna

1 Like

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by egopersonified(f): 9:02am On Jun 30, 2020
This guy too smart. Na to seek asylum for any country of his choice.

1 Like

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by allthingsgood: 9:03am On Jun 30, 2020
Khayceeofficial:
The guy forgot he's in Nigeria?

Big mistake man,really big mistake

Even if he was in America he will still be detained. As a public servant u don't grant interviews or speak officially in public without due authorization. Not to talk of army. My guy messed up. Unnecessary trouble for the wife now
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by BlowYourMind: 9:14am On Jun 30, 2020
Nigeria has gone to the dogs, please wake up Ojukwu to hand over biafra to us

2 Likes

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by aminusodiq(m): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2020
allthingsgood:

Even if he was in America he will still be detained. As a public servant u don't grant interviews or speak officially in public without due authorization. Not to talk of army. My guy messed up. Unnecessary trouble for the wife now
lol..detaining him was pre meditated... are u saying is normal to detain his wife too!!!

1 Like

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by kelechi50: 10:41am On Jun 30, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

If you are not ready to die for a curse that means you are not worthy to live.

I ask u to give me soldiers u ar giving me politicians in uniform...Maj.Gen Aguiyi Ironsi (1987)

Burutai is a politician in uniform.
Its only a politician that arrest someone nd his family for telling him d truth just like El Rufai did to Dandiyata.
Udom did to Agbajalingo.
Buhari did to Kalu.
Burutai is even more evil cos he arrested d man's wife too.

If Burutai should use d same energy nd alacrity he uses in arresting soldiers that tells him d truth nd channel it to fight against Boko boys in less than two weeks Shekau will be arrested.

I just pity people joining army as recruits, just on Saturday another set of recruits passed out from Nigerian army deport in Kaduna
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by orisa37: 10:43am On Jun 30, 2020
BUT THE FULANIS ARE THE CHINESE' OF DESTRUCTION IN COURT. BEWARE OF COVID19 IN THE COURTS.

1 Like

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by BlackfireX: 11:29am On Jun 30, 2020
You this small corporal will rot in jail...idiiiooot
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by allthingsgood: 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
aminusodiq:
lol..detaining him was pre meditated... are u saying is normal to detain his wife too!!!

Nothing is normal about the whole thing. Point is this guy put his family in unnecessary trouble for nothing

1 Like

Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
allthingsgood:

Was the police officer that criticized Trump during the "Black lives matters protest" not a public servant ?

Was he arrested and detained ? Stop talking trash when you know noting.
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by allthingsgood: 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
wizzyrich:
Was the police officer that criticized Trump during the "Black lives matters protest" not a public servant ?

Was he arrested and detained ? Stop talking trash when you know noting.

Police officer is not army. And this is not America, duh!
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by aminusodiq(m): 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
allthingsgood:

Nothing is normal about the whole thing. Point is this guy put his family in unnecessary trouble for nothing
thats true
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by Afolabimills(m): 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
Do they respect court orders stupid mofos in govt
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by austine4real(m): 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2020
The made a mistake

He is supposed to disquide of of move his family from the reach of government
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by otipoju(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
allthingsgood:
Op u are not good
Of all the pics of bubu to display u chose this one grin

Anyway, that corporal should hang in there. Am sure he was prepared for the consequence of his actions. If u want human rights don't join the army. They play by different rules

No. What he did is guided by the law. He did not disobey a direct order or sabotage their effort.
Re: Soldier In Video Berating Buratai Sues Army For Detaining He And His Wife by allthingsgood: 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
otipoju:

No. What he did is guided by the law. He did not disobey a direct order or sabotage their effort.

Which law

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Collapses And Acquires Nigerian Football Club In Germany Renames It To IPOB / Nigeria Pays N400.1m As Aso Rock Rent To Mysterious Landlord / Allow Igbos Have Biafra So Peace Can Reign, Northern Coalition Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.