Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase (15737 Views)

Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" / Lawan, Gbajabiamila’s Ex-Aides Lament 15 Months Unpaid Salaries / Protest Against Electricity, Fuel Price Increment, Anti-People Policy In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by njola34(m): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2020
That is what we get for cost of inefficiency.... since they play politics with everything.. Buhari should have cancelled the privatisation of the power sector at the beginning of this administration..Instead they choose to keep managing it, when it is very clear that this bunch of fools have got no financial and technical capability, now there are talk of subsidy..subsidy for the Nigeria power sector... I have been laughing since morning.. They will finish this country one day and it is very close...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by tommenoh(m): 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
Queenslander:
If only they could give us 24 hour electricity,.. Even if the bill is N20,000 a month.. Nigerians will pay...
You and who go pay #20000 a month?!that's an outrageous thought.I am not against increasing the tariff, but only based on demand-supply:not just arbitrary and at their discrimination, without minding their consumers.
A whole lot of houses are saddled with estimated billings and yet,they don't get given,power they paid for.what has the government done,to ease their troubled minds?why go for increase, when you have not satisfied the initially agreed conditions of contract they entered in,when they signed on?this is gross irresponsibility and should not be tolerated, except we want to encourage ineptness in government (which we are doing,anyways).
Let me not say much for now
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by Queenslander(f): 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
tommenoh:

You and who go pay #20000 a month?!that's an outrageous thought.I am not against increasing the tariff, but only based on demand-supply:not just arbitrary and at their discrimination, without minding their consumers.
A whole lot of houses are saddled with estimated billings and yet,they don't get given,power they paid for.what has the government done,to ease their troubled minds?why go for increase, when you have not satisfied the initially agreed conditions of contract they entered in,when they signed on?this is gross irresponsibility and should not be tolerated, except we want to encourage ineptness in government (which we are doing,anyways).
Let me not say much for now
Lol.. Sorry sir.. didn't mean to offend anyone here.. I only opined my thoughts on the issue.. Thank you!!
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by earnit2: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
yeah
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by Lastmankc(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by deenee: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
do4luv14:

Which Military are you talking about?, I can understand the NPF, but the Navys, and Military,

guy goan do ya research well pls

No neec for research

Just answer this..... who pays for the light consumer in all the army and navy barracks in the country?

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by kafeii123: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
betterman22:
Please reject and throw away the bill

It is not for your benefit oga..... all you lots who think they're you a favour with this nonsense they're doing.... you will suffer it o...and they'll make it harder for you, your children and your siblings to get good jobs in this country. When good investors shun your country despite its large number of unemployed graduates.... and other countries make it difficult for those of you who didn't finish with very strong 2.1 or first class to come to study on scholarship.... you will all turn on yourselves and increase the amount of crimes you commit on one another.... that's when you will know what's up.

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by kafeii123: 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
seguno2:

Are you sure that you are a Nigerian? grin
Such intelligence is uncommon here.
Many people don’t ask why most Nigerians are praying and fasting for visas to be voluntary slaves in obodo oyinbo, where governments don’t generally subsidise utilities and consumption.

the value of high value/quality education can never be overemphasized.... It will help to think beyond the now.... like lets just eat all we can now...for tomorrow we die.... its the crab mentality... the ability to delay gratification is a higher order mentality...and is uncommon....

This their nonsense populism is criminal to say the least.... But we wait... seeing we will have to bear it for the next three years will sicken right minds...

Maybe because of the timing sha.... but how would the companies defray their cost of business.... for that 'leave period' the house is demanding from them.... which of these honorable members considered covid and lowered their salary ,,, why must it be people who have their monies invested that should bear the cost of covid on the populace...why not the very ones who the country is feeding directly.

God will help us though...I can only pity the investors as they blame the past governments that wooed them into coming to invest...they ignored the country's postion on the difficulty of doing business list ...see them paying in blood for that decision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by kafeii123: 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kalman:
I don’t understand why people keep begging these DISCO’s to have sense. Let them increase the tarriff and observe. Usually the ones I pity are the guys sent to the streets to do the disconnections.

you're refusing to see that the officials you decidde to beat are not the ones you should be facing... The ones you should have thrown stones at...they'rte the onees you hail when their sirens splash muddy water on you and your friends' clothes as they speed on the roads they continually take allowance for repairing every year but leave in the same condition so they can raise another proposal for another money to repair the same road the next budget season.

Sorry

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2020
Why would any govt enjoy seeing its people suffering and still wants to add more. This should be a thesis for historians and others.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by tommenoh(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2020
Queenslander:
Lol.. Sorry sir.. didn't mean to offend anyone here.. I only opined my thoughts on the issue.. Thank you!!
No offense taken.I knew it was rhetorical

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase by BigBashiru: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2020
Smart thinking Nigerians that can afford it will get a solar solution to neutralize the effects of the tariff increase......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP / Breaking: Ashaka Town: Army Repel Strong Boko Haram Attack / 11 Ex-Jonathan's Ministers May Join APC - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.