Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico (22487 Views)

Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona / Edinson Cavani Signs A 3-Year Contract With Atletico Madrid / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 700th Career Goal In Portugal Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Ayobami7(m): 8:39am On Jul 01, 2020
Messi
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:40am On Jul 01, 2020
Whobedatte:
You forgot to tell is the number of games it took him to achieve that!
Messi goal ratio is impeccable
G.O.A.T
Gerd Muller's goal ratio is better.
The thing is you guys should remember Messi no get property for Argentina senior team. As in he never win anything for his country. That's a shame that can be lampooned to blemish his achievements.
But all you guys do is to remember Ronaldo anytime Messi gets an achievement.
Did he personally tell you guys to be helping him hate Ronaldo?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:41am On Jul 01, 2020
Openbusiness:
Messi = 700 goals in 862 matches
Ronaldo = 700 goals in 973 matches

Abeg who come be the real GOAT now? grin
Like for Messi, Share for Ronaldo

....................Anyways, na market i dey sell, i be trader, please EPP my life cry

Currently running promo on the following items:

The thing is you guys should remember Messi no get property for Argentina senior team. As in he never win anything for his country. That's a shame that can be lampooned to blemish his achievements.
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:43am On Jul 01, 2020
Jakemedg:
Most goals against Real Madrid (26) ,Most goals against Atletico Madrid (31) + 3 hat-tricks, Most goals against Sevilla (37) . 26 goals against Top 6 epl teams . 6 ballon dors, 6 fifa best and the best play maker .
Shey make we show you Ronaldo own too against those teams you mentioned?
It isn't bad at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:43am On Jul 01, 2020
Otisker:
He reached this milestone in much fewer games than Ronaldo. He has more assists than Ronaldo too. Tell me the reason why you ever think Ronaldo is better. Messi the undisputed G.O.A.T!
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Mojosh526(m): 8:56am On Jul 01, 2020
Congrats to the king of football!
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Openbusiness: 9:00am On Jul 01, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

Messi is an Olympic gold medal winner for Argentina. Won U20 world cup with Argentina. Messi has won World Cup 2nd place medal with Argentina when they came 2nd place at the 2014 World Cup final. He has won World Cup golden ball with Argentina. Messi is the highest all-time goal scorer for Argentina etc. So get your facts right about his National Accomplishments.
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2020
he should continue my
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by agabaI23(m): 9:38am On Jul 01, 2020
cjudy:
tongue

Oga which style? If na Ronaldo score Penalty, you all will not allow us hear word, calling him Penaldo, so wetin we go call Messi now? Pessi or Messido?

Abeg oga seun, make I send account for my FTC bonus
This thing weak me. I surprise say them dey celebrate penalty.

See how them take style remove Ronaldo wee don get 700 far tee from the body of the narrative. Aturu them ! grin

2 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Videx99(m): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2020
Both Messi and Ronaldo are good. In fact, they are the greatest duo to hold up competition in football for years now. I don't think we'll ever have a duo who will create such competition among fans.
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by FuckDaMods: 9:40am On Jul 01, 2020
Whobedatte:
You forgot to tell is the number of games it took him to achieve that!
Messi goal ratio is impeccable
G.O.A.T
because he is a one club merchant.. It's easier that way!

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by olumzzz(m): 9:41am On Jul 01, 2020
Jakemedg:
Most goals against Real Madrid (26) ,Most goals against Atletico Madrid (31) + 3 hat-tricks, Most goals against Sevilla (37) . 26 goals against Top 6 epl teams . 6 ballon dors, 6 fifa best and the best play maker .
And most champions league quarter and semi final losses
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2020
Openbusiness:

Messi is an Olympic gold medal winner for Argentina. Won U20 world cup with Argentina. Messi has won World Cup 2nd place medal with Argentina when they came 2nd place at the 2014 World Cup final. He has won World Cup golden ball with Argentina. Messi is the highest all-time goal scorer for Argentina etc. So get your facts right about his National Accomplishments.
Shey Ronaldo. Na recruit for Portugal?
That Euro 2016 wey he win better pass Messi's Olympic medal & 2nd in command destiny wey he get for Argentina senior team.
Yes, I wan yab Messi to make you feel the heat.
How person go lose like 3 finals in 3 years?
World Cup, 2 Copa Americas! Na village people dey pursue him?
Shey CR7 no be Portugal & European highest scorer?
No matter how hard naive Messi fans try to discredit CR7, they should know they are belittling Messi too.
whatever Messi has achieved, Ronaldo too has it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Andrew13: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2020
Messi is the goat, u can go and kill urself
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Fariq: 10:28am On Jul 01, 2020
Wrong Cr7 have 746 goals.
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Xristars(m): 10:30am On Jul 01, 2020
See my fellow youths above still arguing about two legends. My people hustle oo not for money only but to be known in your own craft. Passer by.
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by EdiskyHarry: 10:46am On Jul 01, 2020
Congrats
But Christiano Ronaldo still remains the best player on the planet earth.

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by adeife16(m): 10:54am On Jul 01, 2020
How many matches did it take to score the 700th goal ����
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by perdollar(m): 11:04am On Jul 01, 2020
the only GOAT did it way back and he did it across 4 different leagues, won two cups wt his senior national team and did it against tested defenders. can midget be taller than giant?

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Lamasta(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2020
Messi scores penalty he is a henius and goat

Ronaldo scores penalty he is penaldo and selfish

Messi fans will not cease to amaze me with their hypocrisy grin

Anyway long live our living legend C.Ronaldo the ALL ROUND GOAT, TESTED AND TRUSTED

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

Stop spamming this thread.
Show us Gerd Muller stat instead!!! We want to see his Bundesliga self stat!
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 01, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

Shey Ronaldo. Na recruit for Portugal?
That Euro 2016 wey he win better pass Messi's Olympic medal & 2nd in command destiny wey he get for Argentina senior team.
Yes, I wan yab Messi to make you feel the heat.
How person go lose like 3 finals in 3 years?
World Cup, 2 Copa Americas! Na village people dey pursue him?
Shey CR7 no be Portugal & European highest scorer?
No matter how hard naive Messi fans try to discredit CR7, they should know they are belittling Messi too.
whatever Messi has achieved, Ronaldo too has it.

Stop hiding Cristiano under Eder's and Bernaldo's masterclass!!!
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2020
joeking2222:

The way una dey compare this two guys always dey funny to me. So, you wan compare MESSI wey be say na only one club he die put. Club wey get strong and sharp middle fielders in the days of DECO, INIESTA, XAVI, RONALDIHO e.t.c as well playing in easy league that can makes even a dead sticker score goals. Just sum up the number of years Ronaldo spent in Spain, and add up his goals in Spain as well before comparing. The two guys good, but una too dey add sentiment to the way una dey compare the two!!!
But Cristiano scored 70% of his career goals in the same League!
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Futureyahooboi(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2020
So penalty is now important for messi to complete is goals to 700, this life is funny sha something the things you think are not important might be the thing that you need to move to the next level ���....

Like for CR7 and Share for Messi

2 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by joeking2222: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2020
eni4real:
But Cristiano scored 70% of his career goals in the same League!
Meaning spanish la liga easy be that na. Make Messi self go experience fresh air for another league make we see wetin he go fit do. Ronaldo has played in tough leagues of the world, and he is still doing fine, make messi self forge ahead, let see what he is capable of doing. Even if me self dey Barcelona as a striker, i go dey score at least 15 goals per season!!! So, i expect Messi to reach that 700 goals mark in less games compared to Ronaldo wey don play and still playing in one of the toughest league in the world. Abi you wan compare KIRIKIRI MAXIMUM PRISON with ALAGBON PRISON?

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2020
joeking2222:

Meaning spanish la liga easy be that na. Make Messi self go experience fresh air for another league make we see wetin he go fit do. Ronaldo has played in tough leagues of the world, and he is still doing fine, make messi self forge ahead, let see what he is capable of doing. Even if me self dey Barcelona as a striker, i go dey score at least 15 goals per season!!! So, i expect Messi to reach that 700 goals mark in less games compared to Ronaldo wey don play and still playing in one of the toughest league in the world. Abi you wan compare KIRIKIRI MAXIMUM PRISON with ALAGBON PRISON?
Why didn't Raul win the Ballon d'or there!!

He spent more seasons in La liga than Messi??

Cristiano played in a Madrid team without ego tho. He won't be the main man in the real Galaticos era.. He can angry all he likes because another players score goals, they are Ballon d'or winners too!! Cristiano played in a Madrid squad assembled for him only by Perez!!!
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by Whobedatte(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
He was the MVP in a world cup tournament
MVP in a back to back copa -america tournament
MVP in the Olympics.
MVP in the U20s.
What does that tell you?
Going by your logic , Pedro is a world cup winner, even Giroud and Griezman, can we say he's greater than R7 because he never won it ?
Argentina last won a major trophy in 1993, Messi came and dragged them to back to back copa and world cup final, he was just unlucky in these final games and nobody else stepped up to save the team unlike Ronaldo who was saved by Eder in the euro final and saved by Bernaldo silva who was the MVP in the nations league
When we talk about player to player comparison , bring their individual accolades, which I think Messi edges him in that regards .
Messi is the only football player to have won the sports laurel award ever in history.
6 BALON
6 euro golden shoes .
Bring up any footballer , dead or alive who has this ?
How can you be leading in goals scored / assists?
Messi is truly the GOAT
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by joeking2222: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
eni4real:
Why didn't Raul win the Ballon d'or there!!

He spent more seasons in La liga than Messi??

Cristiano played in a Madrid team without ego tho. He won't be the main man in the real Galaticos era.. He can angry all he likes because another players score goals, they are Ballon d'or winners too!! Cristiano played in a Madrid squad assembled for him only by Perez!!!
Look at this man.........u don commot for Messi and Ronaldo matter enter Raul. Bro, go check Raul goals, you go see how Spanish LA liga dey easy compared to England and Italy leagues!!! If Ronaldo has being in LA liga right from time till today like Messi, Ronaldo might be in 1000 goals already......that guy is hungry for success, very hungry for goals bro!!!
Re: Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
Whobedatte:

He was the MVP in a world cup tournament
MVP in a back to back copa -america tournament
MVP in the Olympics.
MVP in the U20s.
What does that tell you?
Going by your logic , Pedro is a world cup winner, even Giroud and Griezman, can we say he's greater than R7 because he never won it ?
Argentina last won a major trophy in 1993, Messi came and dragged them to back to back copa and world cup final, he was just unlucky in these final games and nobody else stepped up to save the team unlike Ronaldo who was saved by Eder in the euro final and saved by Bernaldo silva who was the MVP in the nations league
When we talk about player to player comparison , bring their individual accolades, which I think Messi edges him in that regards .
Messi is the only football player to have won the sports laurel award ever in history.
6 BALON
6 euro golden shoes .
Bring up any footballer , dead or alive who has this ?
How can you be leading in goals scored / assists?
Messi is truly the GOAT
CR7 too was unlucky in areas he didn't win.
Including his 2018 balllon dor to Modric.
Stop crying over spilled milk.
While an analyst like me recognised Messi's achievement & wouldnt v talked against it if you & your cronies respect CR7.
Both of them ll retire one day & you ll still find it reasonable to respect CR7.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today / Onome Ebi Becomes First African To Feature In Six Women’s World Cups / Iheanacho Voted Leicester’s Man Of The Match After Wonder Goal Vs Crystal Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.