Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona (27362 Views)

Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico / Lionel Messi All Smiles As He Returns To Training After Breaking His Arm / Real Madrid Stars Show Off Their Awards At Training After The Fifa's Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by ogbiwa: 6:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Barcelona's all-time top scorer Lionel Messi has returned to training following his failed attempt to force a move away from the club.

Messi, 33, submitted a transfer request on 25 August but said last Friday he would stay because it is "impossible" for any team to pay his release clause.

It is the first time the Argentine has trained at the club since the arrival of new manager Ronald Koeman.

Barcelona begin their La Liga campaign against Villarreal on 27 September.

Messi trained on his own, as did Philippe Coutinho, while the rest of the squad trained together.

Messi failed to attend the club's testing for Covid-19 on 30 August and has been absent from training since sending a fax informing the club of his wish to exercise a clause in his contract which he believed would allow him to leave for free with immediate effect.

Both Barcelona and La Liga insisted that clause was no longer valid - with any club wishing to buy him required to pay a release clause of 700m euros (£624m).

La Liga president Javier Tebas said at the launch of the 2020-21 La Liga season on Monday he was "never seriously worried" Messi would leave Barcelona this summer.

"We want Messi to be with us. He is the best player in the history of football and we want him to end his career in La Liga," said Tebas.

"He has been with us for 20 years and we are so pleased he is staying with us and not going to another league."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54061309

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Kriss216: 6:58am On Sep 08, 2020
Barcelona and Messi just use us catch small cruise. cheesy

They raised that saga To distract us from that demolition from Bayern.

I 8 2 say this, the beating is evergreen in our memories.

197 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by StephenBB(m): 7:00am On Sep 08, 2020
Messi the cruise catching guy
But i for happy if Eyimba United buy am o!
Mean say we don dey progress for sports

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by janedonez(m): 7:27am On Sep 08, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by paulolee(m): 7:31am On Sep 08, 2020
thats nice, he av to be a professional and i pray dis last season turns out to be one of his best in a while..
Bt if it turns out worst than the past season, that means la liga president would gladly excort him to the airport straight to England..
I jus wish i see a happy Lionel messi this last season

12 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by ipobarethieves: 7:44am On Sep 08, 2020
Good for him.Let see d magic Keoman go do

3 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by oluwatosink: 8:22am On Sep 08, 2020
Good luck to Messi and Barcelona.

11 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by oluwatosink: 8:28am On Sep 08, 2020
paulolee:
thats nice, he av to be a professional and i pray dis last season turns out to be one of his best in a while..
If this season turns out not to be the best again , then i will join him in packing from Barcelona. grin

12 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by jamalnation(m): 8:54am On Sep 08, 2020
Loyal G.O.A.T

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by phransix2: 8:54am On Sep 08, 2020
Messi gat no balls joor... He can only play football... I pray Barca doesn't have the last laugh Sha... All the best in the coming season who would he be pairing upfront this season sef?

8 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Bobotic(m): 8:54am On Sep 08, 2020
I 8 2 say this !!!
Manchester City get longer-throat grin grin grin grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by kokakola: 8:54am On Sep 08, 2020
I have been watching this guy closely and I discovered he is a perfect gentleman. He has some good attitude and he surely know how to react without cheap publicity, Infact, he hates publicity.
I just like his personality and this is why he has achieved this much.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Ent3rpreneur(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2020
Eibar man is going no where.
We all know he would go nowhere.
That was another dirty trick to sign an improved contract.
Joke's on whoever thinks that he would leave Barca anytime soon.
I appreciate the 2nd best player in the world sha.
At least La Liga no go lose money via Image rights

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Buho(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2020
En for come mess EPL up na. Mtcheww
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 08, 2020
Good to be back in the game. Barcelona will sit up now till they meet bayern again cheesy grin

Meanwhile we will design your home, hotel, office, school interiors tastefully.
Contact information is provided in the signature

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by justlikedat: 8:55am On Sep 08, 2020
Na him sabi, that's his own problem.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by PureGoldh(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2020
His love for Barcelona is undiluted

LaLiga ➡️ Messi

No doubt

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by IAmkingoludav(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2020
GOAT

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by josdiv(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2020
OBA NO DEY GO TRANSFER.... #goat

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by optimistD(m): 8:56am On Sep 08, 2020
I wish he succeeded.

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Emu4life(m): 8:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Ent3rpreneur:
Eibar man is going no where.
We all know he would go nowhere.
That was another dirty trick to sign an improved contract.
Joke's on whoever thinks that he would leave Barca anytime soon.
I appreciate the 2nd best player in the world sha.
At least La Liga no go lose money via Image rights
How do you explain to your children that FIVE is greater than SIX?

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by domino4211(m): 8:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Kriss216:
Barcelona and Messi just use us catch small cruise. cheesy

They raised that saga To distract us from that demolition from Bayern.

I 8 2 say this, the beating is evergreen in our memories.
Don't be stupid..
A smart person will know he did want to leave but the club just couldn't let go and if he'd pushed on it would've resulted in bad blood between him and the club.
Don't be childish and don't allow fanatism turn you into a retard.
Btw,who are you that you think you're so important that they'll wanna use you to catch cruise or distract you from that demolition?
You're as irrelevant to the club and Messi as a condom is in a convent..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by purplerope: 8:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Messiiiiii

For Step-By-Step details on How To Painlessly Relocate, Work and Live In New Zealand Without Going Through Any Travel Agent, WhatsApp me
080&39$23$21&71
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by sammysneh(m): 8:57am On Sep 08, 2020
I saw the video of him returning to training he doesn't look happy

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by nairaman66(m): 8:58am On Sep 08, 2020
Messi has always held Barcelona to their balls for more money on different occasions! Yet Messi’s fans would argue that he is committed to the club.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:58am On Sep 08, 2020
but the memories of 8-2 Bayer Munich defeat live forever grin

you can't run from your nightmare.

10 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by MrFixIt007: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2020
The truth of the matter is that Messi never wanted to leave. All those Jijiji were just dramas to halt the mouths of those who claim he cannot leave that club he's married to. Lolz

3 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by FlordFlorez(m): 8:58am On Sep 08, 2020
When Ronaldo wanted to go, nobody send am or even beg am not to. But Messi wanted to go, the whole Spain is begging him.

Plz, someone should remind me who is the GOAT again... grin grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by OtemAtum: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2020
GOAT has my support any day, anytime. When I heard you are going to Manchester City, I automatically had two premiership clubs to support, but since you ain't going no more, ManCity in premiership is a no no. Although you are small in stature, yet you are the Giant Of All Time for me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Austineva(m): 8:58am On Sep 08, 2020
D real GOAT is here again to destroy every team in d world including manure fc. Only my Darling Chelsea stands a chance of coming against d real GOAT

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Reach £45m Agreement With Man City For Gabriel Jesus / Turkish Leagues Suspended After Club President Punches Referee (pics) / Bus Conveying Ifeanyi Uba Players Involved In An Accident,Players Injured.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.