Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). (6519 Views)

JAMB Rejects Apology Of Timipade Kemepade, Candidate Who Cheated 21 Years Ago / Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor / The Bus Oshiomhole Donated To UNIBEN SUG 3 Years Ago (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Muurian: 10:47am On Jul 01, 2020

As our planet's previously frozen grounds continue to melt as a result of climate changes in record-breaking heat, we can always expect that astonishing things from the past will continue to show up and be discovered.

An example is this huge wolf head which has been preserved since the last ice age in frozen form. The head of this ancient big wolf preserved by ice was unearthed in this condition in Siberia in 2018, and was carbon-dated to exactly 40,000 years since enveloped and entombed in the frozen wilderness it was discovered.

The giant head of the wolf was discovered by a local man in 2018 along the Tirekhtyakh River in the Sakha, Russian Republic.
The head measures about 40 centimetres in length (16 inches). This makes it totally different from any existing wolf specimen scientists have ever studied in the past.

"This is a unique discovery of the first ever remains of a fully grown Pleistocene wolf with its tissue preserved," palaeontologist Albert Protopopov from the Republic of Sakha Academy of Sciences told The Siberian Times back in 2019.
"We will be comparing it to modern-day wolves to understand how the species has evolved and to reconstruct its appearance."

This discovery also occured in the same exact region some cave lion cubs was unearthed in 2015 and 2017. It represents another awesome well-preserved animal recovered from Russia. Its fur, skin tissue, fangs and even brain tissue were all intact at the discovery after preliminary examination. Studies conducted on the huge head of the wolf revealed that the head belonged to an adult wolf two to four years old. This was confirmed after an analysis of the ancient animal's DNA using tomographic techniques to see inside its skull
non-invasively.

According to Protopopov, discovering wolf skulls in the Siberian permafrost infested region isn't uncommon. However, nothing as big as this has been discovered before.

"Several puppies have already been found," Protopopov told Russia's Interfax news agency.
"The uniqueness of this find is that we found the head of an adult wolf with perfectly preserved soft tissues and brain."
visit www.uptownerd. for more interesting stuff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by XXXXTENTACION: 10:59am On Jul 01, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by marveangel(m): 11:04am On Jul 01, 2020
Is that a wolf or a bear
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 01, 2020
marveangel:
Is that a wolf or a bear

More like a white polar bear

3 Likes

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Bruno3000(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
science and lies. So no decomposition took place for 40000 yrs abi?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by GemUnique(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Bruno3000:

Did you read it at all??

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by MJBOLT: 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
the problem with religious zombies is that they dont read

Bruno3000:

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by GemUnique(m): 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
Fulaniherdmens:

More like a white polar bear
. No even close to being a bear You can try checking white polar bear pic

1 Like

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
marveangel:
Is that a wolf or a bear
A bearwolf

5 Likes

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
A bearwolf
A beer

1 Like

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
this is how they discovered coronavirus
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by TheFacelessMan: 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Many years back, I was responsible for killing this foul beast.

I was drinking away my sorrows at the local inn.. My wife left me, she even took the dog! undecided.

An elderly man walked in, he was skinny and looked like he could break anytime.

"I am so hungry, haven't eaten in a while"... "PLEASE give me food!"

Next thing you know, this old man grabbed the juicy beef steak on the nearest table and ran out! shocked

[img]https:///media/7-02-2020/97Sq3P.gif[/img]

The man who made the order angrily ran outside chasing after him.

Their running footsteps faded in the distance and we all forgot about them till ....

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh Ohhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

The glass windows rattled at the otherworldly sound.

We all looked at each other. It sounded like the howl of a wolf. But one, 10 times as big with amplified voice box. undecided

All was silent for 5 seconds maybe, but it seemed an eternity. We waited with bated breath.

Next thing we heard was "Nyet, nyet, parushcka" and the sound of running feet outside.

We heard what sounded like a predator in pursuit.

The would be victim's screams intensified and then :

We heard a blood curdling roar quickly followed by the most horrible screams you could ever imagine undecided undecided undecided

Part 2 continues.... scroll down!

IF this doesn't get to FP on time, should give a streamlined action packed version... I am distracted now grin

Stay tuned!

[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b8a18eb1662cbd7230998d0855c3b327/tumblr_nmyuj8LcNK1s9n0fro1_r1_400.gif

21 Likes

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Muurian: 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
Many years back, I was responsible for killing this beast.
Hahahaha.

What did you kill it with bro? And why did you kill it and store it in a permafrost? grin

3 Likes

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Muurian: 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
Masonkaycares:
this is how they discovered coronavirus
You are very funny. lol!
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sofistcatdmoron:
A beer
yup, I'm trying to mix it up.
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Vulcanheph(m): 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
Many years back, I was responsible for killing this beast.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Rickmann: 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
[quote author=Muurian post=91260769][/quote]

That looks more like a grizzly bear to me.
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Muurian: 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
Rickmann:

That looks more like a grizzly bear

It does look like it, but they said it's not. grin No be me talk am! grin
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by uzucuzu1(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
Bruno3000:

Anyway, nexttime read the post before leaving a comment on it.
Sha, our celebrity fraudster, Invictus Obi has shared the reason why he confessed to his crime, read below:
https://www.nairaland.com/5962608/invictus-obi-why-admitted-11
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by puhleeze(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2020
This is a bear.... Besides if it was so preserved where is the body..... That's no wolf.... Seems fraudulent
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Shukusheka(m): 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
puhleeze:
This is a bear.... Besides if it was so preserved where is the body..... That's no wolf.... Seems fraudulent
Experts who have the physical head with them say it is a wolf, you with your limited knowledge about science sitting at home looking at a mere picture is arguing that they are wrong, that it is a bear. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Shukusheka(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
Bruno3000:
If you keep meat in your freezer, does it decompose?

7 Likes

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by PrinxArthur1(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
"Bruno3000 it was preserved by ice"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by elpochas: 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
Discover this and that wey no get use to us,but dem no fit discover d cure of covick 1 9 birus.
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Shukusheka(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
elpochas:
Discover this and that wey no get use to us,but dem no fit discover d cure of covick 1 9 birus.
Who told you it will be of no use to us? Why una no discover the cure to Covick 19 birus too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by elpochas: 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2020
Shukusheka:
Who told you it
who 4000 yrs old wolf head help?even people wey dy chop anytin dem see,no go gree chop am.
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by sunshineV(f): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
now watch religious ekuke barking as usual

2 Likes

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by sandracute(f): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
[s]
sunshineV:
now watch religious ekuke barking as usual
[/s]
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Shukusheka(m): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
elpochas:
who 4000 yrs old wolf head help?even people wey dy chop anytin dem see,no go gree chop am.
If you know anything about geology and how it impacts science of today, you won't be here talking about food.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by elpochas: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
Shukusheka:
pls sir am a geologist ok.so noting you can tell me abt the use of fossils and carbon dating that i dnt knw ok.if you read my write up well,you will knw i wrote that for fun ok.
Re: This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). by Denique(f): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
Another 40,000 year old fossil determined by carbon dating? Issorite cheesy

They tired of Dinosaur now, huh?

Make una nor discover another virus sha undecided

TheFacelessMan:
Many years back, I was responsible for killing this foul beast.

I was a bounty hunter passing through the village of Kiev in modern day Ukraine.
The greatest hunter ever liveth grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Entering University At 14 Years? What Is Going On? / THE MEDIA WRITER - A BOOK REVIEW by Godspower Udoh (UNIUYO - GST 121) - SAMPLE ! / See The Six Largest Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.