Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) (52013 Views)

Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station / Aerial View Of The First Flyover In Borno (Pictures, Video) / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 10:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
dennisworld1:
almost we're u mention are not warri. They are in another Lga warri ends at enereh junction.

Bros leave that mata...it's not called twin city for nothing...Effurun/warri are one. If say Nigeria na better country, dem Owian, Udu, Ugblokoso, Ugborumo, Okuribi, Osubi, Ebrumede, even Agbarho, Oha and down to Orerokpe self for don join to form a big metropolis like New york forget LGA mata...but Nigerian politicians are shortsighted and they only care about dem pockets and don't give a shi...it about development
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by earnit1: 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
ok
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by typicalgamer(m): 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
ImpregnaTor:
this shit should never make front page, such mediocrity. stop embarrassing this pathetic country for once, the only thing that make this one a city is just the population and nothing else.

Sir can you for sure say out of the 36 States this is the worse looking State in Nigeria

I no understand you self

Calling it mediocrity sir if you're smart enough to do better what's stopping you.

Just come here being a keyboard king and being judgemental

Pls let's gasp in the little beauty our LGA has
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Felimax(m): 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
I get so tired when people compare Warri to Lagos. Are we so foolish?
Can you compare Ojodu Berger to Delta?
Warri is only a fraction of the entire Delta state.
Meanwhile, if some of us has taken the time to read the introduction to this post it would have saved us the rubbish some of us commented.

Which Lagos? Is it the same Lagos that spoilt three laptop with smelly flood from nowhere? I beg make we hear word! There are more people trying to jump into the Lagoon in Lagos than there is anywhere in Nigeria, not to talk of standing 3 to 6 hours going home from Ikeja to Igando everyday.
I beg which Lagos we dey talk I beg? Glorified shit hole.
Warri is worst but Lagos is the Devils.
I never knew I had flesh until I sack my boss and move my entire life back to Warri after almost ten years of going and hurrying to places but actually going nowhere, One of the greatest decision of my life.
I beg make we hear word!

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by MansoryMX(m): 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
Capeverde:
I really wish those are true pictures of this warri when I dey see so or my eye camera is bad.
Warri is fine don't misquote me,but that picture is definitely not warri or maybe na Photoshop or wash wash view.

Brahhhh you dey mind am. Warri wey ugly die. No single development
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Pedex86(m): 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
Is this really comesurate with the resources and allocation coming to the state over the years? Pls we shouldn’t deceive ourselves. We had rogues and looters as past governors. Now, the mess is everywhere and we’re making comparison. What a shameless state and people.

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by MansoryMX(m): 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Akpolagha:
Everybody lambasting Warri as if they have ever contributed anything meaning to the society, keep wailing and laying curses on yourselves and your unborn children, since you don't know that words are powerful. My city is blessed and my country is blessed.. Come and beat me am in pti road warri

Which side for pti lemme come and give u series of blows grin
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Unemadu: 11:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
Felimax:
I get so tired when people compare Warri to Lagos. Are we so foolish?
Can you compare Ojodu Berger to Delta?
Warri is only a fraction of the entire Delta state.
Meanwhile, if some of us has taken the time to read the introduction to this post it would have saved us the rubbish some of us commented.

Which Lagos? Is it the same Lagos that spoilt three laptop with smelly flood from nowhere? I beg make we hear word! There are more people trying to jump into the Lagoon in Lagos than there is anywhere in Nigeria, not to talk of standing 3 to 6 hours going home from Ikeja to Igando everyday.
I beg which Lagos we dey talk I beg? Glorified shit hole.
Warri is worst but Lagos is the Devils.
I never knew I had flesh until I sack my boss and move my entire life back to Warri after almost ten years of going and hurrying to places but actually going nowhere, One of the greatest decision of my life.
I beg make we hear word!

Hehe bros you lived the real Lagos life. Lagos is a huge jungle with the lowest standard of living in Nigeria and maybe the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by jasonex4(m): 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2020
OVB123:
The only well plan and beautiful place in warri is akumagba layout and some part of the GRA. imagine u are coming from benin and u are close to the round about, things that u see that will welcome u to warri, will be discouraging. i think warri has do more interm of infrastructures.

And plantation city ��
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by jasonex4(m): 11:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
mhizv:

Correct.

Very embarrassing. You see that effurun market? That is one place I hate passing through or going to shop. Very disgusting

But you still pass there and go there right?? Abi na only Igbudu market you de go?? Or na main market??

Truth be told, whether the town na cast or not, you nor go fit use another man house take do your own...

All of us suppose join hand to make warri make sense, because na still our brothers, cousins, nephews, uncles, fathers and sons naim still carry the gbege for head wey pursue all these companies comot too....

Make all of us work together for the greater good... casting the town nor go change anything
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by horchukoh(m): 12:08am On Jul 05, 2020
Efewestern:

Even the Lagos and Akwa Ibom are still overrated, our leaders need to do more, I have been to several cities and believe me I'm not proud of any.

Forget the fancy pictures you see online. where is lalasticlala?
seriously I wish Delta state is more develop than it is now. for crying out loud the state has made huge income from oil over the past years and there is nothing to show for it. we're caused with bad leaders in that state with no vision whatsoever.

I really feel bad when I see people post about developmental strides in their state and our state has nothing to show. we show only roads that are not even standard ones and well paved. we keep celebrating all this politicians instead of pressuring them.
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by horchukoh(m): 12:19am On Jul 05, 2020
jadyclem:

Since the tenure of Chief Ibori ended, Delta state has got no governor. The people that have occupied and still occupying the government house since ibori left have no vision nor direction for the state. They are only there for their pockets. The several times I've gone to the state capital made me truly realize that there seem to be a force of extreme greed tormenting delta leaders. The state capital was an eyesore for an oil producing state. Very weak infrastructures and poor quality roads with non-flowing drainage littered the whole place.

The funny thing is that we are all hailing mediocrity. State with no vision and direction and we dey claim big heart. If I'm to score the immediate past governor and the current one in terms of developmental project completed over 100 it will be 5/100 and 20/100 respectively. You can see the abysmal failure. I must say that Uduagan was such a colossal failure and a huge setback for the state considering the fact that ibori set a good development precedent for him to follow. It's really sad to have these type of people with no interest to develop their native state leading us.
same ibori that looted the state dry and was jailed in the UK for money laundering and other related criminal activities.

we shouldn't be proud of that man. while he was in prison he was in total control of the state. he imposed uduaghan and okowa on us. there is no denying the fact. if truly he meant good for the state which he doesn't,he won't have stolen the state wealth to enrich other countries. the money he stole has not been recovered to Delta state government. money that was meant to develop the state.

He had no choice with the level of development in brought to the state because Delta state was still in infancy and he will scrutinized if he didn't set such precedence. he was developing the state and at the same time setting the pace for corruption to paveway for future leaders.
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by abokikhalifa: 12:23am On Jul 05, 2020
ochusdb:
Warri is located in the southern part of Delta State.

The State since 1999 has been govern by governors from the PDP political party starting from;

ex governor Chief James Ibori 1999 - 2007
ex governor Emmanuel Uduaghan 2007 - 2015
and incumbent
governor Ifeanyi Okowa. 2015 - NOW (2020)

Delta State is the third richest state in Nigeria after Lagos and Rivers State in terms of GDP yet I'm afraid there ain't much to show for it.
Warri like every other city in Nigeria has it's most beautiful and ugly sides (Lagos inclusive) so please no unwarranted noise or fuss about it.

Disclaimer :
The pictures below is just a FRACTION of the city (Warri) randomly taken (over some time now) therefore it doesn't depict or represent the "WHOLE" city.

The pictures I will display here ain't the most Amazing or Awful part of the city (yes, that's right I will display the awful side too), there are other sections like Refinery road, Okumagba Estate, Airport road, Jakpa, Ekete inland, DSC, GRA and more that could be more dignifying or awful than these.

Simply is a RANDOM pictures of Warri and a little touch of Abraka my home town.

ALSO

I am in noway (deliberately or not) endorsing the ex or incumbent governor of the State for as I stated earlier Warri should be far BETTER than this.

Pictures were taken with infinix Note 4 (and other digital camera device) while others were sources from the Net (online).

In case of grammatical errors or omissions Please wisely inform me for correction.

ENJOY

OP show us japa road, show us ejeba, effurun etc.
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by sylve11: 12:23am On Jul 05, 2020
The government not helping matters. shocked cool
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by horchukoh(m): 12:34am On Jul 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Currently akwa ibom is doing better than Delta but u can't compare akwa ibom to Delta. I think Delta is amoung the few state in Nigeria that has more than one major city. Asaba, sapele, warri and even ugheli.

I have traveled through most state in Nigeria and I found out that it's just the capital of the state that's usually develop. Every other local government na just village. Take rivers for example, apart from port Harcourt, there's no other develop local government in Rivers, same with akwa ibom.
what is the level of development in these cities . there is little or no industry in those cities you mentioned except for oil companies not everyone is qualified to work in an oil company and not everyone will do. the level of infrastructural development in those cities is below standards. you only have roads and houses to show for it. there is few government presence there. let's take sapele for example. I was there in 2018 the electricity situation in sapele is terrible. I didn't see one industry there except for one my brother showed me at the back of his house which is in a dilapidated state and has been abandoned for years. let's stop celebrating mediocrity. it is not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Olawalelead(m): 12:41am On Jul 05, 2020
ODJ124:
warri is Fyn shall
Exactly my view...
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Daddyboy21: 2:03am On Jul 05, 2020
horchukoh:
honestly, I am not impress with the pictures posted here,considering Delta state is an oil producing state. the state income from oil has shown little significance in terms of development in the state. Delta state has been looted dry by those for greedy politicians while citizens of the state seems to care less. Delta state should be on per with Lagos in terms of development but all thanks to the past and present leaders of the state we can't boost of such status. even akwa ibom is doing better than Delta. I weep for Delta state and Nigeria at large
Did u just refer to akwa ibom as even? Egungun be careful oh
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Ilaumoh(m): 2:17am On Jul 05, 2020
ochusdb:
Do you know that Delta State is among the few state that boast of two Airport and four Football (soccer) Stadium
Mention the few that has?
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Ilaumoh(m): 2:17am On Jul 05, 2020
ochusdb:
Delta State has up to three sea ports,
This is Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) Warri Delta State
Jetty or seaport...which one
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Ilaumoh(m): 2:18am On Jul 05, 2020
Daddyboy21:
Did u just refer to akwa ibom as even? Egungun be careful oh
Elaborate please, we don't understand what you're trying to say?
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Ilaumoh(m): 2:25am On Jul 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Currently akwa ibom is doing better than Delta but u can't compare akwa ibom to Delta. I think Delta is amoung the few state in Nigeria that has more than one major city. Asaba, sapele, warri and even ugheli.

I have traveled through most state in Nigeria and I found out that it's just the capital of the state that's usually develop. Every other local government na just village. Take rivers for example, apart from port Harcourt, there's no other develop local government in Rivers, same with akwa ibom.
Are you dumb..no development
Please mention your other towns/cities that is well developed than Eket, Ikot Ekpene, Ibeno, Abak, Oron, Ikot Abasi and the new baby on-board Onna.
Let me educate you among the listed one Onna is the newest with over 20 industries concentrated in that town ok...so do fact check before you talk...
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by olmoRoc: 4:11am On Jul 05, 2020
The last time I was there (Waffi) was more than 25 yrs ago and I don't see lots of changes
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by IMASTEX: 4:39am On Jul 05, 2020
ODJ124:
warri is Fyn shall
grin grin grin The moral of the story. Never make a woman a wife just by seeing her picture or hearing her name.
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by coputa(m): 5:56am On Jul 05, 2020
proeast:
Not in the least impressed. For God's sake, this is supposed to be an oil city for several decades and these are all you got!?

Asaba is even more developed and that is in part due to its nearness to Onitsha.

Niger Delta cities ought to be world class cities by now yet all we have are one-horse towns. SMH!
Onitsha did not contribute to the development of Asaba.the former is a commercial city ladden with gully and dirt,while the later is an oil rich state capital,although to our standard,it is still a glorify village because of the inability of our leaders to develope it.

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Emmasnoop(m): 6:09am On Jul 05, 2020
Who nor go norr know, make Una 4get that thing Una dey see from up oh,, Warri na very dirty city jor,, not has beautiful as those pictures biko.
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by coputa(m): 6:14am On Jul 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

You just spoke my mind,warri as a city is competing with many state capitals in the country.a blessed city,the major problem in warri is drainage,aside that,warri is most developed city in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by coputa(m): 6:18am On Jul 05, 2020
olmoRoc:
The last time I was there (Waffi) was more than 25 yrs ago and I don't see lots of changes
you lied,mention one state capital in the west aside ikeja that is as refined and develop as warri.
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by mhizv(f): 6:19am On Jul 05, 2020
jasonex4:

But you still pass there and go there right?? Abi na only Igbudu market you de go?? Or na main market??

Truth be told, whether the town na cast or not, you nor go fit use another man house take do your own...

All of us suppose join hand to make warri make sense, because na still our brothers, cousins, nephews, uncles, fathers and sons naim still carry the gbege for head wey pursue all these companies comot too....

Make all of us work together for the greater good... casting the town nor go change anything

Though true! But

That's not gonna happen anytime soon. While there are some who are willing to do just that,there are others who will not.

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by mhizv(f): 6:21am On Jul 05, 2020
Angy55:

Thank you... Warri is a dirty place. I choose Asaba to warri over and over again.

Lol first time I visited asaba, I be like who just go abroad new! smiley The way I was looking around with so much excitement grin
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by dennisworld1(m): 6:21am On Jul 05, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

Bros leave that mata...it's not called twin city for nothing...Effurun/warri are one. If say Nigeria na better country, dem Owian, Udu, Ugblokoso, Ugborumo, Okuribi, Osubi, Ebrumede, even Agbarho, Oha and down to Orerokpe self for don join to form a big metropolis like New york forget LGA mata...but Nigerian politicians are shortsighted and they only care about dem pockets and don't give a shi...it about development
u can't call them one wen they have different kings. Warri is warri...
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by Angy55(f): 6:48am On Jul 05, 2020
mhizv:

Lol first time I visited asaba, I be like who just go abroad new! smiley The way I was looking around with so much excitement grin

Hahahaha.. no be small thing ooo.
Re: Aerial View Of Warri City Delta State (pictures) by madjune(m): 7:03am On Jul 05, 2020
Throughout my time in Naija, this remains one place i never visited.
Time, chance nor biz never took me there.
My impressions of it were culled from stories and its people whom i came across and things that always stuck out were; the way they spoke the pidgin english and the fearless attitude they carried on the streets.

Much respects.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can This Truly Happen In Lagos - Photo / Photos Of The Kaduna Airport VIP Lounge / Onyeka Michael Chukwuemeka Dies In A Spanish Hospital. Do You Know His Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.