Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:17 AM

Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land (3293 Views)

ThìsGlobe.com Niger Delta Oil Was used To Develop Igbo area over $150 billion / Breaking! Ohanaeze President George Obiozor House Attacked And Bunt Down - Pics / Anambra Gov To Partner With Farmers To Develop Igbo Species Of Cows (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by LukasPodolski: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

Wikipedia is based of 2010 list Oga...that's when the last full list was released

NBS released those list
Firstly, real GDP is different from nominal GDP, I may know little or nothing about economics(but economist mostly make use of real GDP)

The data you provided is from (2013-2017).

Why would NBS provide data for just 22 states? That is an outright incompetency.(that's if the data is authentic)

If you scroll down the Wikipedia page, you will see that the stuff is updated regularly.

I think the one on Wikipedia is more acceptable, if you think otherwise provide a more reliable source to back up this.
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Firstly, real GDP is different from nominal GDP, I may know little or nothing about economics(but economist mostly make use of real GDP)

The data you provided is from (2013-2017).

Why would NBS provide data for just 22 states? That is an outright incompetency.(that's if the data is authentic)

If you scroll down the Wikipedia page, you will see that the stuff is updated regularly.

I think the one on Wikipedia is more acceptable, if you think otherwise provide a more reliable source to back up this.
Oga go to nbs website it's there
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
djon78:

Why do you people really have time to engage these guys that got nothing to offer.

You guys really have time indeed.
Ignoring them is what has given the igbo man bad image all these yes ...when u don't challenge a lie it becomes true

Igbos were accused of being the people that do rituals
Today it's obvious who does it
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by OPPPS: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
So they finally agreed SE is potopoto republic
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by Salewa95: 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
Nyamuri:
What app is this bro?

It’s just a picture url. I can send you all the pictures in DM.
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by cjrane: 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
OreMI22:
Why this thread pains the same Nigerians who have cornered the country's wealth and excluded the Igbo is still a mystery to me.

A typical Nigerian should be happy by saying, at least they won't be waiting on the FG to develop the region the way the north is being developed. What is the fuss if Igbo resort to using community help to raise funds needed for it's development that was denied by the FG?

Welcome to the wicked souls called "Nigerians".

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by djon78(m): 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

Ignoring them is what has given the igbo man bad image all these yes ...when u don't challenge a lie it becomes true

Igbos were accused of being the people that do rituals
Today it's obvious who does it

See whatever you do in this life
Haters will always talk

The igbo man has done extremely well
For himself in Nigeria especially when you consider
From where he is coming from
The 20 pounds saga

We don't owe anybody any explanation
Arguing with them is more to me
A waste of time

Most especially when you consider
The line of argument
It's intellectually degrading

The topic on this thread is actually the interesting news at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by awgumayor: 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
NwaAro:

If you've never visited any where in the East then no dey disgrace yourself. I can't think of any city in the South west region outside of Lagos that can dust the East on any indices of development and real estates, no be 40% urban lift and 80% poor slums littered with brown rusty roofs and ancient hand me down buildings we dey yarn here as applicable in the South west. Go to Onitsha, Awada Awka, Nnewi, Oba, Owerri, Abriba, etc even small Ebonyi state sef with the lowest budget allocation arguably in the country and behold massive structural developments taking place... then maybe you can cure your ignorance. Travel out like your Igbo brothers do and get exposed, Tunde will stay in his "face me I face you" mansion and decide Igboland is a landlocked erosion ravaged region based on the image and impressions he sees online... until his ignorant ass decides to actually travel to the East of the Niger to confirm or satisfy his curiosity.
My friend, no part of Nigeria is developed. Even your over bloated Abuja and Lagos can not come close to Harare, Zimbabwe. So if you are thinking that what you see in Nigeria is development then you don't know what developed city is all about.
I referred Nigerian leaders as partially blind people while the Nigerian masses are totally blinds. Nigerian leaders will go to Europe and America and after seeing the development there they come back and be building rubbish while the blind followers will be singing praises to them. Which city in the world will you be able to see open smelling gutters? Which country in the world will leave marking the middle of the road ( so that each vehicle can ply on it's lane,) and be painting or marking the side of the road and leave the middle blanked? Which country in the world will first build houses before they start building roads, drainage systems, electricity and water systems? I just mentioned drainage systems, but I'm sure a lot of Nigerians don't know what it means and how they look like. Let me not mention sewage systems.
So, if you call those slums in Nigeria( your Onitsha, Awada, Awka, even the over hyped lagos)
developed cities then you are proving those that called Nigeria a zoo right.The only place that came close to development as seen in outside world is Festac town, Lagos. It has the structures of Europe if you carefully look at the patterns, but because of nonmantainance attitude of Nigerians it looks like a slum. Nigerians have lived so much like animals anything in their eyes is development.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
NwaAro:

We are poverty capital of the country yet your lazy and "rich" brothers were wailing and crying shamelessly to their frog eyed daddy in Bourdillion "the Jagagban of Africa" himself to come save them from been displaced and ejected by the Igbos that have now officially bought up Ladipo grin. Unfortunately or rather fortunately, NBS stats concocted on the basis on unverifiable indices and surveys don't translate to the reality (that we all see) on ground in Nigeria. We saw how you poverty-stricken urchins struggled and debuted your new wrestle-mania moves in various parts of the South West over ordinary agege bread and garri during the nationwide lockdown grin

Yes if you mean Ogun states IGR in body parts harvesting and ritual head minecrafts is more than the entire East, then I can agree.

The North can never boast of 1/10th of the sustainability index, human development index, education, wealth distribution and commerce of the East despite garnering the better chunk of the national budgets. Note that no city or state in the SW or North saw or witnessed the devastating effects of a civil war like was the case in the East. Yet we rebuilt our cities from the very ashes of ground zero with little or no help from the Federal government of Nigeria, but I digress.

Y'all ain't sh*t, you are just as poor if not poorer than the Igbos as is the case of every worst hit index of poverty in Nigeria, but at least the Igbos don't depend on government handouts or inherited wealth from mummy and daddy to be successful... we use our God given talents and ingenious apprenticeship schemes to make it anywhere we go or in any society we find ourselves.
Of course you can only compare yourselves with the North. It's not only 1/10th,it's 1/1000000 - ipob bureau of statistics.
Why is it always concorted when it's against you guys undecided
We are talking of actual scientific statistical data here,that is what will used any where in the world. Is that what should be discarded based on your conspiracy theory of the NBS working against you

Looting occurred even in the USA,does it mean you guys are better than them? Or perhaps,what it means is that there's nothing to loot in your region.
Have you checked where most of your allocation comes from and see how you criminals are hopelessly dependent on money outside the South East? Or is that also NBS propaganda sad
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by Dedetwo(m): 11:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
BREAKING: Ohanaeze, South East Governors float committee of experts to develop Igbo land •List of the 50 members.

The South East Governors, in conjunction with Ohanaeze Ndigbo, have agreed to set up a driving force for the development of Igbo land known as Alaigbo Stabilization Fund.

“The Fund is intended to develop Igbo land to the status of Catalonia in Spain and Bavaria in Germany,” Chief Emeka Attamah, S. A. Media and Publicity to President General, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, said Tuesday in a statement.

“Towards this objective, a 50-man steering committee made up of experts and professionals in banking, finance and development economics drawn from the diaspora and all the South East states have been set up to draft the basis of Alaigbo Stabilization Fund and its governance protocol,” Ohanaeze said in the statement issued from its headquarters in Enugu.

“The Committee has as its Chairman a renowned economist and development expert and former Economic Adviser to President Obasanjo, Prof. Osita Ogbu, while Anyim Ude, will serve as its Secretary,” the apex Igbo group said.

It named other members of the Committee as Mac Atasia, Ike Chioke, Patrick Okigbo, Nnanna Anyim Ude, Dr Nick Okoye and Dr Ndy Onukwuesi.

Others are Emeka Onwuka, Dave Nwachukwu, Chief Aloysius Ihezie, Dr Bernard Orbika, Ngozi Odumuko, Jerome Okolo, Emeka Ugwuoju and Reginald Ihebuzor.

Also in the Committee are Ben Nwawudu, Monye Chuka, Dr Sam Amadi, Dr Joe Abah, Ede Solomon, Barrister Nwachukwu, Prof. Ejiofor of WIC and Air Vice Marshall Obierika.

The South East Governors, in conjunction with Ohanaeze Ndigbo, have agreed to set up a driving force for the development of Igbo land known as Alaigbo Stabilization Fund.

“The Fund is intended to develop Igbo land to the status of Catalonia in Spain and Bavaria in Germany,” Chief Emeka Attamah, S. A. Media and Publicity to President General, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, said Tuesday in a statement.

“Towards this objective, a 50-man steering committee made up of experts and professionals in banking, finance and development economics drawn from the diaspora and all the South East states have been set up to draft the basis of Alaigbo Stabilization Fund and its governance protocol,” Ohanaeze said in the statement issued from its headquarters in Enugu.

“The Committee has as its Chairman a renowned economist and development expert and former Economic Adviser to President Obasanjo, Prof. Osita Ogbu, while Anyim Ude, will serve as its Secretary,” the apex Igbo group said.

It named other members of the Committee as Mac Atasia, Ike Chioke, Patrick Okigbo, Nnanna Anyim Ude, Dr Nick Okoye and Dr Ndy Onukwuesi.

Others are Emeka Onwuka, Dave Nwachukwu, Chief Aloysius Ihezie, Dr Bernard Orbika, Ngozi Odumuko, Jerome Okolo, Emeka Ugwuoju and Reginald Ihebuzor.

Also in the Committee are Ben Nwawudu, Monye Chuka, Dr Sam Amadi, Dr Joe Abah, Ede Solomon, Barrister Nwachukwu, Prof. Ejiofor of WIC and Air Vice Marshall Obierika.

Lala mynd44

BREAKING: Ohanaeze, South East Governors float committee of experts to develop Igbo land •List of the 50 members - News Express Nigeria https:///JurInBuy8w

Does Ohanaeze realize that Alaigbo is not limited to five south eastern states?
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by FreeBiafra2018(m): 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ikpeazu always looks confused grin where is Obiaturu and the Fulani puppet of Imo State?
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by caleboxylic: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2020
Dedetwo:

Yeah. Ohanaeze is aware of that.
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:23am On Jul 02, 2020
LukasPodolski:

How?

the earlier you guys realise you ain't better than other ethnic groups the better, Igbos over estimates themselves too much, go to Twitter, Opera news e.t.c you'll see stupid articles from Ibos, especially the way they look down on northerners, Northern states are doing much better than eastern counterparts, but you'll never see these guys come online to brag, Hausas are very reserved, you hardly see an Hausa man comment on a random tweet on Twitter (they have their own gathering called Arewa Twitter)

in the next 10 years northern states are going dominate the GDP, especially States Like Kebbi, Kano with huge investments in Rice farming and other Agric produce.

I never knew there is a law stating that Citizens must invest a huge chunk of their investing outside their states of origin, please tell me how NIGERIA political economy will frustrate Igbos from having a Lagos at their door step.

The problem with you 'one Nigerianists' (i'm assuming from your post that you're of the core-muslim north variety) is that you're two-faced, hypocritical and shameless! It's obvious you lot feel you can't survive without sharing the same country with Ndigbo, yet you're too proud to admit it! I say 'feel' because i know each region/ethnicity is more than capable of surviving on its own, but the problem with the core-muslim north most especially is that their elite have become used to 'one Nigeria' and the criminal advantages they've corruptly and illegally cornered for themselves since the late 60s to date! They can't imagine a life without 'one Nigeria' they greedily leech off of and which helps cover up a lot of their inadequacies as a region!

The above is exactly why you despise Igbos and why you camp on a Igbo developmental thread that has fuckall to do with you.....dragging issues with a people who couldn't care less if you exist or not! You're suffering from a serious case of insecurity and inferiority complex and you try masking it by gatecrashing Igbo threads to declare to a people that aren't interested, how the north is better than Igbos but its just that they don't like bragging! Arewa that brags that they own the Nigerian political process and hence can deny Ndigbo the presidency; Arewa that brag about how they massacred Igbos, raped Igbo women and starved Igbos during the war......these are the set of people you say are unassuming, humble and reticent? Abeg, gimme a break!

You're complaining that 'Ibos' look down on northerners? Why is that giving you sleepless nights? Assuming those posts were actually made by Igbos, does it really come as a surprise that Igbos haven't really warmed to you? If you like we can compare notes as to which ethncity between the two has wronged the other more! Igbos are losing their kith and kin even to this day just because we're sharing the same country with you medieval-minded and vindictive lot, yet you're up in arms because of a few anti-Arewa posts on social media!

As we speak, your kinsmen are hiding in truck and trailers and pouring into Alaigbo in droves.....escaping your 'El-Dorado' north for security, health and economic reasons! They find respite in Alaigbo where they can sleep with their two eyes closed, yet according to your warped logic the core-muslim north is doing better than Alaigbo!

Only a Igbo-hating bigot can ask how the Nigerian political-economy has and will continue to frustrate Ndigbo! We have the fact that since the 60s, the south-east only just got a working int'l airport with the coming of Yar'Adua/GEJ; we have the fact that the Igbo are one of the three major ethnic groups yet haven't produced a Head of State since 1966; we have the fact that there is no thriving seaport in or near the south-east that can equate to the one in Lagos; we have the fact that oil and gas rich parts of Alaigbo were removed and placed in a state contolled at the time by the Ijaw thereby denying us of the little benefit derivable from the industry as well as the derivation from sale of oil and gas; we have the fact that the major commercial/industrial cities of the south-east have been criminally neglected by the federal gov't while prominent cities in the north-west and south-west have got federal attention and investments running into billions of dollars these past 4+ decades; we have the fact that the north-west and south west have gotten more than their fair share of nation building institutions while the south-east is left with nothing or next to nothing; we have the fact that our prominent entrepreneurs like Ibeto, INNOSON and Air Peace have at various times and to varying degrees been hounded, harassed and pilloried while those of other regions are placed on a pedestal, given concessionary rates on FOREX and given as much loans as they can handle! We have all this injustice and so much more, yet you sit there and wanna ask me how the Nigerian-political economy can frustrate Ndigbo efforts at development? You're joking right?
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by Ernerstdavid55(m): 5:48am On Jul 02, 2020
Dedetwo:

yes lol
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by LukasPodolski: 6:04am On Jul 02, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

The problem with you 'one Nigerianists' (i'm assuming from your post that you're of the core-muslim north variety) is that you're two-faced, hypocritical and shameless! It's obvious you lot feel you can't survive without sharing the same country with Ndigbo, yet you're too proud to admit it! I say 'feel' because i know each region/ethnicity is more than capable of surviving on its own, but the problem with the core-muslim north most especially is that their elite have become used to 'one Nigeria' and the criminal advantages they've corruptly and illegally cornered for themselves since the late 60s to date! They can't imagine a life without 'one Nigeria' they greedily leech off of and which helps cover up a lot of their inadequacies as a region!

The above is exactly why you despise Igbos and why you camp on a Igbo developmental thread that has fuckall to do with you.....dragging issues with a people who couldn't care less if you exist or not! You're suffering from a serious case of insecurity and inferiority complex and you try masking it by gatecrashing Igbo threads to declare to a people that aren't interested, how the north is better than Igbos but its just that they don't like bragging! Arewa that brags that they own the Nigerian political process and hence can deny Ndigbo the presidency; Arewa that brag about how they massacred Igbos, raped Igbo women and starved Igbos during the war......these are the set of people you say are unassuming, humble and reticent? Abeg, gimme a break!

You're complaining that 'Ibos' look down on northerners? Why is that giving you sleepless nights? Assuming those posts were actually made by Igbos, does it really come as a surprise that Igbos haven't really warmed to you? If you like we can compare notes as to which ethncity between the two has wronged the other more! Igbos are losing their kith and kin even to this day just because we're sharing the same country with you medieval-minded and vindictive lot, yet you're up in arms because of a few anti-Arewa posts on social media!

As we speak, your kinsmen are hiding in truck and trailers and pouring into Alaigbo in droves.....escaping your 'El-Dorado' north for security, health and economic reasons! They find respite in Alaigbo where they can sleep with their two eyes closed, yet according to your warped logic the core-muslim north is doing better than Alaigbo!

Only a Igbo-hating bigot can ask how the Nigerian political-economy has and will continue to frustrate Ndigbo! We have the fact that since the 60s, the south-east only just got a working int'l airport with the coming of Yar'Adua/GEJ; we have the fact that the Igbo are one of the three major ethnic groups yet haven't produced a Head of State since 1966; we have the fact that there is no thriving seaport in or near the south-east that can equate to the one in Lagos; we have the fact that oil and gas rich parts of Alaigbo were removed and placed in a state contolled at the time by the Ijaw thereby denying us of the little benefit derivable from the industry as well as the derivation from sale of oil and gas; we have the fact that the major commercial/industrial cities of the south-east have been criminally neglected by the federal gov't while prominent cities in the north-west and south-west have got federal attention and investments running into billions of dollars these past 4+ decades; we have the fact that the north-west and south west have gotten more than their fair share of nation building institutions while the south-east is left with nothing or next to nothing; we have the fact that our prominent entrepreneurs like Ibeto, INNOSON and Air Peace have at various times and to varying degrees been hounded, harassed and pilloried while those of other regions are placed on a pedestal, given concessionary rates on FOREX and given as much loans as they can handle! We have all this injustice and so much more, yet you sit there and wanna ask me how the Nigerian-political economy can frustrate Ndigbo efforts at development? You're joking right?
trash.
Re: Breaking: Ohanaeze, South East Gov's To Develop Igbo Land by Crusader1: 6:25am On Jul 02, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
BREAKING: Ohanaeze, South East Governors float committee of experts to develop Igbo land •List of the 50 members.

Lala mynd44

BREAKING: Ohanaeze, South East Governors float committee of experts to develop Igbo land •List of the 50 members - News Express Nigeria https:///JurInBuy8w

This will be the best news coming out of Alaigbo. We are bound for greatness, we just need to harness our potentials. Nigeria does not hold our prospect for development, we can chart our way and resuscitate our value in the political history of Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saw This On Twitter And It’s Somehow True / Remarkable Historical Pictures & The Stories Behind Them. / Tinubu: National Grid Collapsing Because Government Didn't Listen To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.