Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories (822 Views)

A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. / Phelan: A Prophet Of Doom Who Gave True Believers Hope - Christian Gospel Tv / The Challenge Of Being A Christian | Christian Gospel TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories by Amicable24: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
Whose Father is He?

```A beggar came asking for food. I told him to come around to the back door and asked him to sit on the floor while I went in to bring the left over food.

I brought him food & said, let's pray. Now repeat after me, "Our Father in heaven". He said, "Your Father in heaven". I said."No, say OUR Father in Heaven". He again said, "Your Father in Heaven"!!!

This extremely Irritated me! I asked why do you say 'Your' father when I say 'Our' Father?'

He said, "Sir, it's like this. If I say Our Father, then we both become brothers. If we are brothers, you would invite me from the front door and not from the back; you would ask me to sit on your dining table not on the floor; you'd also not give me stale food! Sir, somehow it's not possible that we are sons of the same father"!

He may be your Father, but he can't be OUR father!

Whose Father is He?

It took a beggar to teach me the truth!!!```

God becomes our father if we do good to one another.

#As shared via WhatsApp
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories by Amicable24: 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2020
STORY 004
TITLE: THE GOD OF MOSES

Written by Amicable24

Moses is a devout Christian in his mid-40s, married with three lovely children. He is well known as a calm and loving father who loves his God with all of his heart and he is such a just man that he will rather live in want and abject poverty than have riches through ungodly means. Moses raised his family in the knowledge and fear of the almighty God and admonished them to always do things that will glorify God. For him, God's will first before any other.

Aside being a husband, father and a man of God, Moses is also a businessman who owns a shop located in one of the major markets in the State. He acquired a Point of Sales (POS) device which he uses for various business transactions ranging from cash withdrawals to transfers to bills payment and so on. Directly opposite his shop is a man his age, Lawson, who is also in the same business and they are very good friends. Moses and Lawson shared a lot in common; aside being in the same business, they are both from the same ethnic group, attend same church, married and with children. The only glaring difference between the two is that Lawson is not yet born again. Though he attends same church with Moses, he is yet to surrender his life entirely to Christ.

Time and again, Moses urges his friend, Lawson, to give his life to Christ and be born again but he wouldn’t listen. Lawson saw Moses as a religious fanatic who takes serving God too seriously. That notwithstanding, both still stood by each other and often visited each other's shop especially when there is low turn-up of customers. And during those times, Lawson taunts Moses and mocked him saying that the God whom he diligently serves couldn't even bring a lot of customers to patronize him. Moses always responded cheerfully to Lawson by telling him that the God whom he serves will make a way and also whatever is His will that he, Moses, wants to abide by it; meaning, if it is God's will that there should be little or no customer any day he is good with that.

Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories by Amicable24: 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
(THE GOD OF MOSES) Continues...

Lawson even began to do unjust and illegal things to earn more money. One day he came to Moses and said to him, ‘Pastor Moses, how far guy? I have a business deal I want to share with you. Very nice and pays very very well; that’s if you can do it’.

Moses responded, ‘What is it Lawson? What business deal are you talking about?’

Lawson looked around to make sure no one else was listening to their conversation then continued, ‘Look here, there are these guys around that gave me some sound wisdom on what to do and how to earn more. I tried it and it's working for me. I have a lot of turnout of customers each day since I started it.’

Moses listened attentively, then he asked, ‘And what is the wisdom?’

Lawson said gently, ‘Some guys came to me and opened up to me that they had something to offer me of which if I'm willing, I will be rewarded handsomely.’

Moses asked hesitantly, ‘What is it o, Lawson? Go straight to the point.’

Lawson looked around again then said to Moses, ‘Those guys bring in stolen ATM cards to my shop and I allow them try it out on my device. Some of them even come with a cloned ATM card which they use on my device and once transaction is successful they give me my own share. Even some told me openly that they pick pockets and steal money which they bring to me to help them transfer to their bank accounts and I’m paid for all that. Free money every day’.

Moses shouted in shock, ‘What?! God forbid Lawson!! What kind of dirty business is that?!’

Lawson responded, ‘Calm down Pastor Moses. You are taking this your religious stuff too far. Let me tell you, since I started working with those guys, I've been going home with a lot of money each day as profit. Little work but so much gain. I'm just telling you this as a friend so that you can do the same; you know you are a family man and you need some more money to comfortably cater for your family not this peanut you make each day.’

Moses didn’t even allow him finish but responded, ‘Lawson, my Bible says in the book of Proverbs chapter one verse ten, my son if sinners entice you, do not consent. So therefore, I will not be a part to this wickedness. I am content with what God gives me each day and I want to warn you to stop that wicked act immediately because it is dangerous and evil.’

Lawson responded, ‘Dangerous?! Not at all. See, I know how to cover my tracks whenever I get any complaint concerning it. I know someone who knows someone at the helm of affairs in this society. Relax, I’ve got you covered. I can never be caught. Pastor Moses, you’d better left all this your religious stuff and hold this opportunity tight. Don't be foolish here. This is a great opportunity for you to better your life and that of your family. God cannot come down from heaven to assist you or throw money down for you; He sends men to help men. Who knows if it is even God that sent me to you and you are behaving like this’, he hisses.

Moses replied, ‘Sorry Lawson. It is impossible for God to have sent you to me because the idea you brought to me is an ungodly and evil one; and the Word of God already says in Romans chapter twelve verse nine that we should hate that which is evil and hold fast to that which is good. I will never do what you are asking me to do. What God gives me is enough to cater for my family and I. We are perfectly okay and have never begged anyone for food or money because we depend totally on the Almighty God who provides all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. My dear, why not drop that dirty and illegal business and give your life to Christ. I've been urging you for so long but you wouldn't surrender to Him. I think this is the best time for you to do so. I'm warning you to desist from such ungodly act before nemesis catches up with you.’

Lawson hisses and says, ‘Story! I’m even the one who made a big mistake to come to you to share this good news’. He angrily stepped out of Moses’ shop.

Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories by Amicable24: 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2020

Moses kept urging Lawson to stop those illegal business transactions and make do with whatever he gets justly each day but Lawson wouldn't listen. At times, Lawson and some other neighbours came to Moses’ shop when he is idle just to mock him. They’ll stop by and ask, “Pastor Moses, haven't your God picked your calls yet? Is the God of Moses sleeping? The God of Moses is not a true businessman else He will know that the economy is hard and one needs a lot of money to survive”; but Moses responded calmly by telling them that his God is not asleep and whatever is His will let Him do.

One morning, Moses came to his shop rejoicing and singing praises to God in an unusual way. He shared with his friends and neighbours how some armed robbers came into his residential area and stole goods and money of many living in the neighbourhood but didn't come to his own house. He joyfully narrated to his friends and neighbours how him, his wife and children were praying all through the robbery incident and the armed robbers ended up leaving without breaking into his house. Even with this miraculous testimony shared, some of his neighbours still mocked him by telling him that the robbers already knew he had nothing tangible in his house that’s why they didn't bother entering. Others rejoiced with Moses saying that they heard about the robbery incident and also know many people in that area who were robbed and badly injured. They agreed with Moses that it is indeed a miracle that the armed and ruthless robbers didn't gain access into his house.

After that incidence, about few weeks later on a Saturday, Moses was in his shop praying. On that particular day, Lawson had a lot of customers entering and leaving his shop as usual. When Moses was done praying, he came and stood in front of his shop and gazed towards Lawson’s shop and saw the way people trooped in and out. He just held his peace and prayed in his heart asking God to also send customers who will patronize him. That day, he saw a well-known wealthy chief in that area entering into Lawson’s shop. When Moses saw the chief, he said in his heart, “Isn’t that chief Badmus going into Lawson’s shop? Ah! Lawson must be very lucky to have such a wealthy customer patronizing him today”

To be continued...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories by Amicable24: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2020

Shortly after Chief Badmus entered Lawson’s shop with a brief case filled with cash, three other people entered; two males and one female, unknown to Lawson and chief Badmus that they were armed robbers. The female stood by the door while the other two entered inside. Lawson greeted them like he usually does to his customers and pleaded with them to be patient while he finishes with chief Badmus. Lawson and chief Badmus exchanged pleasantries, and chief Badmus told him he wants to make an transfer transaction since it's Saturday and he can't go to the bank. He said the transaction was very urgent and as Lawson began to process the transaction by counting the money, the two robbers inside brought out their guns and pointed them towards Lawson and chief Badmus. They held them hostage and threatened them never to make any funny move. The robbers told them to cooperate or else they will kill them. The female robber stood at the door and hindered people from outside to see what was going on inside while she also looked around. There were two standby motorcycles just parked at a nearby place with the riders who were part of the robbers. So while Moses was gazing into his neighbor's shop, he never knew a robbery was going on in there.

In Lawson’s shop, the robbers began to put all the money from Lawson’s drawer into their bags. They also took chief Badmus’ briefcase with the cash in it. While they were doing this, they told Lawson and the chief to face the wall. Then Lawson began to say slowly with a shaky voice, ‘The God of Moses! The God of Moses!! Ah!!! The God of Moses, please help me.’ This distracted the robbers who were trying to gain access to his POS device. They paused, asking him what he was saying but he just kept on saying with a shaky voice, ‘The God of Moses! The God of Moses, please help me’. One of the robbers pointed his gun at his neck ordering him to stop saying that or else he will blow him off but he responded fearfully, ‘I’m sorry sir’.

Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories by Amicable24: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2020

As the robbers continued with the operation, Lawson began saying again, ‘The God of Moses! The God of Moses, please help me.’ This angered the thieves who were now through with putting all the money in Lawson’s shop into their own bag as well as chief Badmus’ briefcase. So, as they were still trying out a transaction on the POS device, the one with the device went closer to Lawson and ordered him to tell him his password. Lawson responded in fear, ‘Sir, the password is… eeerm, my password is… one… five; sorry, one… two, ah! God of Moses please help me’. This angered the robber and he struck Lawson from behind. Lawson fell and groaned in pains. The other robber held Lawson's neck and yelled at him that if he should hear one more word from his mouth again he will kill him. Lawson fearfully nodded in agreement.

Just then one of the riders outside who was part of the gang signals the female at the door about the presence of the police. Two policemen were just walking by and it looked as if they were coming towards them. The lady told the two robbers inside, ‘guys, guys, ekelebe o, ekelebe dey show for we side’. The males were shocked and looked disappointed. The one holding the bag of money and briefcase dropped it on the table and peeped through the door. He saw the policemen approaching them from a distance. While this went on, Lawson kept saying slowly, ‘The God of Moses! The God of Moses, please help me’. The robbers began to murmur saying, ‘Which kind rough package be this now; oooooooh! This one don knock o. Wetin we go do now?’ The lady at the door told them she's not going to be part of this that she can't go to jail again. One of the male robbers agreed with her that he too doesn't want to go to jail. The other male tried to calm them down but the two told him they are leaving before the policemen get there.

Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories by Amicable24: 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2020

That was how the three of them hurriedly left the shop leaving all the money and POS device behind, entered their bikes and zoomed off. Chief Badmus and Lawson were relieved. Chief Badmus looked around, took his briefcase and asked Lawson who stood still shivering in fear, ‘Who is this God of Moses you were calling that sent those thieves away’. Lawson wouldn't answer, he just kept saying with a shaky voice, ‘The God of Moses’. Chief Badmus replied, ‘This God of Moses just delivered us from the hands of these robbers. My money is still intact. This is a memorable experience. The God of Moses! I will like to meet this God of Moses one day’. He took his briefcase and left the shop saying, ‘The God of Moses, thank you o’.

As Chief Badmus left, Moses joyfully came into Lawson’s shop to congratulate him on the numerous customers that came to his shop especially Chief Badmus. As he entered, Lawson was still shivering in fear and kept muttering, ‘God of Moses’. Moses draws closer to him and listens carefully to what he was saying. He noticed Lawson is not in his right frame of mind, and he asked him, ‘What happened? And why are you saying God of Moses? I don’t understand’. Lawson just pointed to the door and said trembling, ‘They’ve gone’. Moses asked, ‘What are you talking about? Why are you shivering?’ He looked out but didn't see anything strange or unusual Lawson was pointing at. Then Lawson stood up and said again, ‘They’ve gone. Ah! The God of Moses, thank You’. At this point, Moses knew something was wrong, so, he calmed Lawson down until he told him everything weeping and thanking God for delivering him from those robbers. Moses was convinced in his spirit that this is the best time to talk Lawson into accepting Jesus into his life and be born again. Right there, he preached to Lawson about salvation and the need to be born again. Lawson couldn’t reject the call this time. He wept as he genuinely gave his life to Christ asking God to forgive him all his sins. Moses prayed for him and admonished him with the Word of God.

Moses was very happy to see his good friend, Lawson, turn to Christ and be born again. He kept praying, training and discipling this new convert of his. Even Lawson was empowered by the Spirit to preach the Word of God boldly to others sharing his glorious testimony to everyone.

The one who comes to Jesus, He will by no means cast out… John 6:37

THE END.
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories by Amicable24: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!
Good evening Nairalanders. For those of you interested in the programs on the flier, feel free to join. So sorry I'm sending it now, but we still have two days left and it's absolutely free!!

For those of you interested in the program, I'll be sending all you've missed, that's if you request for it though.

Please read below as shared by @Nattytunez via twitter:

Good day Sir/Ma

Let's do it together!

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Stories by Amicable24: 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ooooops!!! It's been a while since I posted a Christian story here... I've been busy though, Lagos and it's hustling and "bustling" grin

I didn't forget this thread though. Hoping to post a new story soon, if time and chance permits me. Will be glad if other Christian story writers post theirs here too... You never can tell who will read it or how far it will go wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Has CAN Gone Quiet On Southern Kaduna Genocide?? / Seven Women Shall Take Hold Of One Man- Biblical Prophecy / Are Christians Meant To Be Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.