Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) (45152 Views)

626 New COVID-19 Cases, 649 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 2 - (3308 Tested) / 403 New COVID-19 Cases, 119 Discharged And 13 Deaths On June 14 - (1399 Tested) / 35 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 442, 152 Discharged,13 deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Razzness(m): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2020
Khan2013:

Came from 1,400+ samples tested, previously they were testing 100, 400 samples.
If they actually tested 1400 samples a day, i think its a good thing then.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by newisd75: 7:46am On Jul 02, 2020
if more testing result 2 more money, it show u how d ncdc put in much energy 2 discover new coronavirus case. d will not think of a better solution like 2 encourage local cure and medicine. d even become reckless in some states
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by SolarEdge: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2020
Oluwa o.. My Delta State
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by macjireh: 8:11am On Jul 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Covid is everywhere in Nigeria... If it's all over Delta, then it's all over Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Edo, Kogi, etc...

The rule is simple: Test more, get more figures... Test less, get less figures, and vice versa!!!

It's only a matter of time before you start seeing diminishing figures, not because ncdc has put a lid on the infection and spread across the nation, but because they have drastically reduced or stopped testing.

This will remain the same across the globe. Corona is not going anywhere till widespread vaccination comes in... We need to get this straight, and maybe stop chasing shadows, pretending to be on top of a situation that has been out of our hands since April, and crack on with our lives and nation.
u guys keep looking for vaccines... have u asked ursef how many persons will be negative by d time d vaccines are ready? remember u can only vaccinate people DAT tested negative...so in 6 months time or thereabout wen d vaccines are ready,, who will test negative to receive d vaccine...this is a very complex situation right now
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Ezarazo(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2020
Delta no dey carry last for anything
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by owatech: 9:20am On Jul 02, 2020
new law of Nigeria covid19
the higher the cases confirm the higher the patient discharged
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 9:29am On Jul 02, 2020
macjireh:

u guys keep looking for vaccines... have u asked ursef how many persons will be negative by d time d vaccines are ready? remember u can only vaccinate people DAT tested negative...so in 6 months time or thereabout wen d vaccines are ready,, who will test negative to receive d vaccine...this is a very complex situation right now

A lot will test negative sir... When most persons get infected, the virus can either kill or fizzle out. Largely, most people overcome it and later eradicate it. A lot of viruses are self-limiting.

Besides, vaccines are more of a futuristic thing, cos Covid has become part of humanity. It will be here for decades to come, just like influenza, HIV, Hepatitis, Lassa Fever, etc.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by porthouse7(f): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2020
OE0705:
for the first time Lagos has been toppled...
this calls for celebration...
but am sure they will be back on top of the log tomorrow...
3rd time bro
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Slynation(m): 9:55am On Jul 02, 2020
SirWarlock:
Covid is an STI? undecided
Our own is not covid....we should have been dying like fowls by now, but nothing of such is happening which we thank God....
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Vicvalentine: 10:29am On Jul 02, 2020
AreaFada2:

Really? Tell me about it.

Let me tell you something. The reason Covid-19 has not killed too many people in Africa is because Africa has a very young population. Because life expectancy is already low at about 52 years.

It has recently been shown that most infected in Nigeria are from 31-40 years old.

If Nigeria had life expectancy of say from 74 in men and from 82 in women like many Western countries, deaths would have been high too.

As people get older, on the average, they accumulate co-morbidity (several illnesses) including high blood pressure/cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, lung/airway disease and so on. These we now know increase risk of severe Covid-19 illness and death. I am not writing here as a novice.

Oh, so there’s no sickness that kills people with underlying health issue ?
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Pque(m): 11:16am On Jul 02, 2020
Maximusdecimus8:

I'll answer some of your questions as someone living in a country that has been through some of the worst with COVID 19. When it comes to the Corona virus and being safe, one has to know that everyone within a house has to be safe all the time. One person going out is the same as everyone going out. Steady washing of hands and the use of the right hand sanitisers is also vital in the fight against Corona. Let's look at the so called mask in question, very few people actually have the right mask required to stop the spread of Corona. What a lot of people have out there are non P3 or N95 mask which are technically useless when used in a confined space with a covid 19 patient. Be safe, eliminate all but essential movement and not seeing that friend of yours will not hurt you in the long run. The Corona virus is real and should be taken seriously, however without the element of fear.

In other words, it is alright to stay indoor and watch family members die of hunger. It is unrealistic to continuously maintain house arrest in the face of hunger virus, there must be a jail break.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Investnow2017: 11:20am On Jul 02, 2020
AreaFada2:

Really? Tell me about it.

Let me tell you something. The reason Covid-19 has not killed too many people in Africa is because Africa has a very young population. Because life expectancy is already low at about 52 years.

It has recently been shown that most infected in Nigeria are from 31-40 years old.

If Nigeria had life expectancy of say from 74 in men and from 82 in women like many Western countries, deaths would have been high too.

As people get older, on the average, they accumulate co-morbidity (several illnesses) including high blood pressure/cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, lung/airway disease and so on. These we now know increase risk of severe Covid-19 illness and death. I am not writing here as a novice.
I always find your contributions informative and insightful. Something intriguing though about the black race and Covid-19 which I am yet to fathom. In South Africa, US, Brazil and other nations outside Africa, it is reported that huge percentage of Covid-19 fatality comes from the black population. And yet the reverse is the case in Nigeria and much of Africa which is home to the black race. What may be responsible for this puzzle?
I will certainly appreciate your thoughts on this subject.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Investnow2017: 11:29am On Jul 02, 2020
Pque:

In other words, it is alright to stay indoor and watch family members die of hunger. It is unrealistic to continuously maintain house arrest in the face of hunger virus, there must be a jail break.
Anyone trying to impose one precaution or solution to Covid-19 will ultimately get it wrong. Why? Because there is no easy solution to this pandemic. That is the simple truth. Nations will continue to grapple with its effects in a feat of kick and start and stop manner until a vaccine is found which will also take a herculean effort to administer because a recipient Covid-19 status must first be established before a vaccine is given. Which ultimately implies that going forward everyone must at one time or the other run a Covid-19 test to get vaccinated. What we should be concerned about will be at whose cost because it is not cheap as to be affordable by the larger population.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Edopesin: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
lalasticlala it seems I've been blacklisted or something and for no reason, I've been banned in the sports section for the third time in 4 days
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by oyeb15: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
NCDC want to be controlling d Federal government with their fake figures.

Government should just ignore them. Wind will soon blow their fowl yarsh open very soon.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by afemgbosey(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Patience guys, before this week and next runs it's course, Total daily cases will drop drastically because of European flight ban. Only ignorant people still believe firmly in masks. It's a sham, scam and shame NDDC lied about cases calling headaches, malaria, typhoid, tuberculosis, asthma, etc as covid cases. If you believe everything your governments, media, doctors, scientists tell you, you are THE HERD, easily fooled, controlled and enemies of conspiracy truths.

Be wise, bro, almost 80% of truths you know are lies in MY own ranking.

Covid exists but not as hyped and labelled powerful as we are made to believe. Something deadlier is acoming. And it will be really dreadful.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by thelish(f): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Are u more careful than governor okowa and his family? Are u more careful than ondo state governor? You cover face ooo, u keep social distance ooo, whether u go out or not coro catch u cause it's malaria

God bless u.
In warri, everyone that goes to central hospital is labelled a covid patient.
Why won't d number increase?
Both ulcer patient na covid for here o
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by mariatt(f): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by shugaboy6102(m): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2020
yusfatedeeprof:
cheesy
You wicked chai
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Kelvin5214: 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
gburu gburu should stop disgracing the great state and good people of Enugu state. there is no corona virus in the state.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2020
PourLiu:
Editorial: Atlanta police killed a Black man for being drunk at Wendy’s

The fatal and thoroughly needless police shooting of Rayshard Brooks late Friday in a Wendy’s parking in Atlanta makes it harder to counter the growing “Defund the Police” movement, which argues not for reform but for largely replacing armed law enforcement.

In fact, we will continue to need police, and because of that we have to keep demanding better police hiring, training, tactics, standards and measures of accountability. Improvements in policing and in the laws that govern police have produced a more professional and more responsible law enforcement and officers who commit fewer acts of excessive force, despite a rough average of 1,000 killings by police each year in the U.S. But the defunders make a compelling point. How many people like Brooks or George Floyd or Breonna Taylor or Ezell Ford must die while we await sufficient improvements in police behavior?

Brooks was a 27-year-old Black father of four who fell asleep in his car at a Wendy’s drive-through. Officers arrived and asked him to move to a parking space, which he did. Perhaps that could have been the end of it, although it appeared that Brooks was intoxicated. Letting him sleep it off in his parked car might have been fine, but letting him drive home would not — and the officers could not know if he would attempt to drive home once they left. Could they have offered to call his family? Could they have offered to drive him home themselves? Police might well argue that that’s not their job. Police critics might well agree.

So they did the traditional police job — they administered a sobriety check, which Brooks failed, and they attempted to handcuff him. Authorities say he resisted, took an officer’s Taser and began to run, and one of the officers shot him in the back.

It was Friday, the day before his eldest daughter’s 8th birthday. Her cousin described her wearing her birthday dress on Saturday, waiting for her father to take her skating.

First, do no harm. That ancient ethical principle for physicians ought to apply equally to police, whom citizens employ not to rule over them but to protect them. As a society, we have a duty to resolve noncriminal problems without escalating them. Being drunk and asleep in a drive-through lane is not a capital offense.

A broad reimagining of public safety might mean dispatching somebody other than an armed, uniformed police officer when a man asleep in his car is holding up fast-food orders. Might it be some health or community service official who would have no problem calling the man’s family or driving him home, and then following up the next day to check on his condition? Perhaps on Saturday such a person would have been invited in for a joyous party and a slice of birthday cake. If he was driving while intoxicated — and remember, the only time Brooks was arguably seen driving drunk was when he followed police instructions to move his car — there would still be room for follow-up remedial action, including prosecution if appropriate.

The defund movement argues that no police officer could perform such a task, because anyone with a weapon and the state-sanctioned power over others that it represents will eventually use it. Police are sometimes needed to keep the peace, and not just to respond to crime, but it’s fair to ask why police involvement so often means that someone’s going to jail — or someone’s going to die — when a different outcome was possible. It’s fair to ask why police budgets in Los Angeles and many other cities have increased as crime has declined.

The defund movement claims that reform has been tried and has failed, but in fact in most jurisdictions reform — those changes in law and procedure that aim to change police behavior — has not gone much further than the talk stage. Leaders who in the past have been sluggish on reform should finally adopt higher standards of police conduct. Such action is not at all at odds with developing alternatives to incarceration, prosecution — and policing.
so wetin come happen
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by crackhouse(m): 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
It will never be well with china
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by melaninpop: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
martineverest:
ignorance at its peak

Just like you, bro.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by AreaFada2: 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
Investnow2017:

I always find your contributions informative and insightful. Something intriguing though about the black race and Covid-19 which I am yet to fathom. In South Africa, US, Brazil and other nations outside Africa, it is reported that huge percentage of Covid-19 fatality comes from the black population. And yet the reverse is the case in Nigeria and much of Africa which is home to the black race. What may be responsible for this puzzle?
I will certainly appreciate your thoughts on this subject.

I already mentioned why partly. Blacks in those countries (USA, UK, etc) on the average are older than average blacks in Sub-Saharan Africa.

For example, a common drug (I won't mention the drug because some using it might stop out of fear) used to treat high blood pressure increases the receptors (docking points) that covid-19 virus uses to get into the cells in the body. More older people have high BP. I can say far few people under age 40 take medication for high BP than those over 60. That is JUST one example.

Also look at exposure. If more Nigerians could travel about visa free like UK, USA, France, Italian & Spanish citizens, a lot more cases would have been imported and much earlier from China, Europe, America, etc. And spread more in the population.

The more people who are exposed, the more likely are young people more susceptible (due to other illnesses, depressed immunity, genetics,), etc.

Until people are exposed, you never know who's in practice vulnerable individually. But data clearly shows older and already ill people are in more danger.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by AreaFada2: 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2020
Vicvalentine:

Oh, so there’s no sickness that kills people with underlying health issue ?

Sure others illnesses do kill. Although you meant to be cheeky but useful.

In epidemiology you look at something called excess deaths. That is go back and check from 10 to 15 years ago until now. How many die yearly, in different age groups on average during various periods of the yellow.

Naturally during cold/winter months, more elderly people die. Partly due to winter flu virus. Consistently each year.

You now take the average over 10 to 15 years. January to June for example from 2010 or 2005 to 2020.

See how many more deaths were recorded over the average for that period compared to January to June 2020.

That has been done and the increase is astronomical. And those excess deaths mostly tested positive for Covid-19.

So they probably would not have died in much more numbers had they not caught Covid-19.

In addition disruption of health care further increased deaths in those not diagnosed with Corona,

Researchers ask all the questions you can possibly ask as they study and publish results.
Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by beresponsible(m): 6:30am On Jul 03, 2020
Those clowns who say Covid-19 is a scam

Re: 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested) by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2020
Pque:

You missed a very essential part of my comment i.e. all it essential movement, as well as being careful, wearing a mask etc..I think your answer was staring you in the face but you chose not to see it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) / The Mango Seed I Accidentally Swallowed Has Been Expelled / Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.