Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. (3559 Views)

Edo Decides 2020: Tinubu Not A Determiner Of Obaseki's Fate - Wike / Ize Iyamu Achievement Vs Obaseki Audio Government: Edo People Are Not Foolish / Angry Imo people ‘pounce’ on Uche Nwosu. ( Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by shachris02: 7:35am On Jul 02, 2020
Here is the actual supreme court judgement on Uche Nwosu. Note the bolded part.

The Supreme Court on Friday, voided the candidature of Uche Nwosu as governorship flag bearer of the Action Alliance (AA) in the 2019 general elections in Imo, over double nomination.

The apex court, in its judgment delivered by Justice Adamu Augie, upheld the judgment of the Court of Appeal, Abuja Division.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the court had, about two months’ ago, upheld the decision of the Federal High Court which also voided Nwosu’s his candidature.

A chieftain of the Action Peoples Party (APP), Mr Uche Nnadi, had dragged Nwosu to the Federal High Court where the court held that he was not qualified to stand for the election.

The court based its verdict on the fact that Nwosu already had a valid ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Unsatisfied with the ruling of the Court, Nwosu approached the Court of Appeal to put the decision to further test.

The Court dismissed all issues raised by Nwosu in his appeal.

Not satisfied with the decision of the Court of Appeal, Nwosu headed to the apex court to upturn the decision of the lower court.

The Supreme Court, in its judgment, dismissed Nwosu’s appeal, saying that he could benefit from his iniquity.

The Court also dismissed the argument by Nwosu’s lawyer that the suit was stature barred.

Justice Augie said, ”The appellant cannot be allowed to benefit from his own iniquity.

“The action is not caught up by limitation of time.

“This case rest on the issue of illegality and this court cannot be used to enforce illegalities.

“This appeal is hereby dismissed.”

In his reaction shortly after the judgment was delivered, the Chairman of APC, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere, said the implication was that all the votes given to Nwosu at that election were void votes.

https://guardian.ng/news/supreme-court-voids-uche-nwosus-candidature/

From the ruling, the court stipulated that since Uche Nwosu already had a valid Ticket of the All progressive Congress (APC) he cannot in due faith contest under another party.

Back to Obaseki, did Obaseki at any point obtain a valid ticket to run under APC? No.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by shachris02: 7:56am On Jul 02, 2020
APC has no case against Obaseki.

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by kahal29: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2020
I think the supreme court judgement you just quoted was delivered in December 19th last year even the Guardian Newspaper you copied from confirms this however the the one being quoted now was delivered on the 26th June this year. So before I comment I would wait to see the details of this recent judgment assuming there is a judgement like that.....

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Mrshocker(m): 8:04am On Jul 02, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Validated: 8:11am On Jul 02, 2020
Mrshocker:
PDP won't participate in edo election. (Time will Tell)
You are in shock that Obaseki is coasting to victory without campaigning.
Just like Òtòge in Kwara, EDO no bi Lagos

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by shachris02: 8:22am On Jul 02, 2020
kahal29:
I think the supreme court judgement you just quoted was delivered in December 19th last year even the Guardian Newspaper you copied from confirms this however the the one being quoted now was delivered on the 26th June this year. So before I comment I would wait to see the details of this recent judgment.

You mean that there are two supreme court judgements on Uche nwosu's case? Bunch of jokers.

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by shachris02: 8:23am On Jul 02, 2020
Mrshocker:

grin This folks will legit cry blood on Election day. This obaseki exit pain APC sha.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by allthingsgood: 8:28am On Jul 02, 2020
shachris02:

From the ruling, the court stipulated that since Uche Nwosu already had a valid Ticket of the All progressive Congress (APC) he cannot in due faith contest under another party.

Back to Obaseki, did Obaseki at any point obtain a valid ticket to run under APC? No.

Give the real judgment where the court based it's decision on valid ticket, not your own opinion. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by allthingsgood: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2020
shachris02:

grin This folks will legit cry blood on Election day. This obaseki exit pain APC sha.

U said same about atiku. Na u go cry my dear grin

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by allthingsgood: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2020
Mrshocker:

Don't mind them. They will cry blood grin
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:30am On Jul 02, 2020
He doesn't have any case here, but believe me, he has lots of litigations awaiting him if he eventually won
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by TooMuchStuff: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2020
Hahahahahah....! APC is in sifia Pain....!

Edo is PDP.... PDP is Edo....!

It's even raining here....can I have my Umbrella pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by shachris02: 8:32am On Jul 02, 2020
allthingsgood:

Give the real judgment where the court based it's decision on valid ticket, not your own opinion. Thanks

So guardian and every other paper that reported this did not report the real judgement? I merely quoted from guardian brother. if you have any issues with the judgement, go to the "supremer" court. grin

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by allthingsgood: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2020
shachris02:

So guardian and every other paper that reported this did not report the real judgement? I merely quoted from guardian brother. if you have any issues with the judgement, go to the "supremer" court. grin

Is guardian now a law court
My dear stop telling us fables
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by shachris02: 8:35am On Jul 02, 2020
allthingsgood:

Is guardian now a law court
My dear stop telling us fables

I can give you 10 newspapers that reported the same thing. They quoted the court judgement verbatim. Don't be an ignoramus. use your head man.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by allthingsgood: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2020
shachris02:

I can give you 10 newspapers that reported the same thing. They quoted the court judgement verbatim. Don't be an ignoramus. use your head man.

Is newspaper law court judgment
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by shachris02: 8:38am On Jul 02, 2020
allthingsgood:

Is newspaper law court judgment

shutup stop sounding like a dunce. The newspapers reported the judgement verbatim and no one is disputing that. stop making a fo.ool of yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by ManOfCompetence(m): 8:41am On Jul 02, 2020
shachris02:

Obaseki has no case here....He never obtained APC ticket........

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 02, 2020
kahal29:
I think the supreme court judgement you just quoted was delivered in December 19th last year even the Guardian Newspaper you copied from confirms this however the the one being quoted now was delivered on the 26th June this year. So before I comment I would wait to see the details of this recent judgment assuming there is a judgement like that.....

which judgement was on June 26th 2020? uche Nwosu case was determined long time ago

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by BERNIMOORE: 8:52am On Jul 02, 2020
Op you no get work at all....all you do now is to post an irrelevant judgement and tag Obaseki thereby getting his Nairaland supporters to go round the table over and over again to wear them out..and keep throwing jibe and insult at them. I advice those supporting Obaseki to ignore responding there..

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Great2017: 9:02am On Jul 02, 2020
kahal29:
I will also refer you to Ortom that participated in the primaries of the PDP and the APC in 2014/2015. Do well to study that as well. The last time I checked, Ortom is still the executive governor of Benue State.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 9:06am On Jul 02, 2020
shachris02:

Obaseki in last election ran for office under APC. So he is currently on APC ticket. In order to escape Nwosu's fate, Obaseki must resign membership from APC. He must also resign from Governorship under APC mandate. If he continues the APC mandate for the term and campaigns under PDP, this will end up a double membership. Its okay if he is not challenged in court....but if he is he risks loss.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by iokpebholo: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Obaseki in last election ran for office under APC. So he is currently on APC ticket. In order to escape Nwosu's fate, Obaseki must resign membership from APC. He must also resign from Governorship under APC mandate. If he continues the APC mandate for the term and campaigns under PDP, this will end up a double membership. Its okay if he is not challenged in court....but if he is he risks loss.
bardadash

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by seanfer(m): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2020
Great2017:

I will also refer you to Ortom that participated in the primaries of the PDP and the APC in 2014/2015. Do well to study that as well. The last time I checked, Ortom is still the executive governor of Benue State.

Ortom's case is not a basis for Nwosu's case.... Ortom happened in 2014 and the Supreme Court judgement came in 2019.. no comparism
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2020
allthingsgood:

U said same about atiku. Na u go cry my dear grin
You said same about Wike, Udom and Okowa, SS is not Lagos, you go cry tire.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:21am On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

So dumb. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Great2017: 9:22am On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Your poor logic is really stinking. Why did you not tell Amaechi, Saraki, Tambuwal and all the legislators that have crossed from one party to another while in office to relinquish their positions? You are so fixated on Obaseki. Take it easy before it will lead to a sorrowful situation.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Great2017: 9:26am On Jul 02, 2020
seanfer:

Ortom's case is not a basis for Nwosu's case.... Ortom happened in 2014 and the Supreme Court judgement came in 2019.. no comparism
Then, take him to court and stop hallucinating on a public forum. You don't have the powers to say the cases are different.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by shachris02: 9:27am On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

I've seen a lot of mumu reasoning from this app, but yours bro tops everything. Being an APC member automatically means you have a valid APC ticket? Your mumu too much abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by seanfer(m): 9:31am On Jul 02, 2020
Great2017:

Then, take him to court and stop hallucinating on a public forum. You don't have the powers to say the cases are different.

Do you have eye problem or you don’t know that I m not the OP. Just explaining to you how law works.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Great2017: 9:43am On Jul 02, 2020
seanfer:

Do you have eye problem or you don’t know that I m not the OP. Just explaining to you how law works.

Do you have eyes and brain problems? You quoted me and I rebuffed your assertion.

Again, you don't have the powers to say they are different. Even, Ortom's case is worse. He contested, lost and jumped ship. Obaseki was not even allowed by his estranged godfather to contest at all.

The Nwosu's case you are even brandishing is different. He was disqualified because he was nominated by two political parties. Obaseki was never nominated by two political parties. You cannot beat a child and tell him or her not to cry.

Edo is not Lagos. We the 'edo n'uzomo' and all the good people of Edo State will decide who will be our next governor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Behind The Attack On Protesters - Fulani Movement / Peter Obi Spotted On Bourdilon Road Without Security - Photos / Soludo Replaced Peter Obi's Banner With That Of APGA (Before And After Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.