Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. (3557 Views)

Edo Decides 2020: Tinubu Not A Determiner Of Obaseki's Fate - Wike / Ize Iyamu Achievement Vs Obaseki Audio Government: Edo People Are Not Foolish / Angry Imo people ‘pounce’ on Uche Nwosu. ( Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by seanfer(m): 10:13am On Jul 02, 2020
Great2017:

Do you have eyes and brain problems? You quoted me and I rebuffed your assertion.

Again, you don't have the powers to say they are different. Even, Ortom's case is worse. He contested, lost and jumped ship. Obaseki was not even allowed by his estranged godfather to contest at all.

The Nwosu's case you are even brandishing is different. He was disqualified because he was nominated by two political parties. Obaseki was never nominated by two political parties. You cannot beat a child and tell him or her not to cry.

Edo is not Lagos. We the 'edo n'uzomo' and all the good people of Edo State will decide who will be our next governor.

Ortom’s case can not be use as a precedent in law because there’s no ruling or judgement. Nobody dragged Ortom to court in 2015 and that means you can’t use that as an example in the law court. I am not the person that brought Obaseki issue into the discussion I just tried making you know that using Ortom’s case as an example in law doesn’t hold water.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 10:46am On Jul 02, 2020
shachris02:

I've seen a lot of mumu reasoning from this app, but yours bro tops everything. Being an APC member automatically means you have a valid APC ticket? Your mumu too much abeg.

When people of Edo voted for governor, what was printed on the ballot? Was Obaseki's name on the ballot? grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 10:50am On Jul 02, 2020
Great2017:

Your poor logic is really stinking. Why did you not tell Amaechi, Saraki, Tambuwal and all the legislators that have crossed from one party to another while in office to relinquish their positions? You are so fixated on Obaseki. Take it easy before it will lead to a sorrowful situation.

Nobody cared to take them to court. No one tested their validity in court.

If someone had not gone to court Nwosu would have legitimate victory.

Many of you are spectators! You think you are smart but you are not, someone else think for you. You serve as repeater and amplifier for their conclusions. grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Great2017: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Nobody cared to take them to court. No one tested their validity in court.

If someone had not gone to court Nwosu would have legitimate victory.

Many of you are spectators! You think you are smart but you are not, someone else think for you. You serve as repeater and amplifier for their conclusions. grin

Another wrong assertion. That I have disagreed with your opinion has now made me an amplifier of other people's view. Well, that is how you know someone who is loosing an argument - making statements without facts.

In the case of Obaseki, you are not an authority. I am also not an authority. It is only facts that can make us align.

Why not test your position by charging him to court? Then, I can take you serious. Outside this, you not better than any uninformed individual.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
Great2017:

Another wrong assertion. That I have disagreed with your opinion has now made me an amplifier of other people's view. Well, that is how you know someone who is loosing an argument - making statements without facts.

In the case of Obaseki, you are not an authority. I am also not an authority. It is only facts that can make us align.

Why not test your position by charging him to court? Then, I can take you serious. Outside this, you not better than any uninformed individual.

You see, you cant think. I challenged your brain and you are stuck.

I dont need to charge him to court, im not a stakeholder in his governorship interest but I am interacting and responding to public opinion.

Obaseki obtained and submitted nomination form for APC primary. I hope you know this.

The purpose of the form is to contest primary election in APC.

If APC want to be nice they can simply exclude him as candidate in the primary election. That will take care of any followup court charge.

If they want to play mischief, they will include him on the list and in fact pay couple of people to vote for him. This act will establish that Obaseki contested election under APC while also a candidate under PDP at same time. Do you get it?

You guys are spectators. There are thousands of intrigues in the Nigerian political pandora that when opened can easily disqualify Obaseki...even if the entire Edo state give him victory at the polls. grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Steady259(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2020
Stop wasting your time and data watching online videos when you can watch and get paid real cash.
Monetize and convert your data into real cash.
Visit link for more to start earning
https://ogvideon.pw/63339143060148/
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Great2017: 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

I dont need to charge him to court, im not a stakeholder in his governorship interest but I am interacting and responding to public opinion.

Obaseki obtained and submitted nomination form for APC primary. I hope you know this.

If APC want to be nice they can simply exclude him as candidate in the primary election. That will take care of any followup court charge.

If they want to play mischief, they will include him on the list and in fact pay couple of people to vote for him. This act will establish that Obaseki contested election under APC while also a candidate under PDP at same time. Do you get it?

You guys are spectators. There are thousands of intrigues in the Nigerian political pandora that when opened can easily disqualify Obaseki...even if the entire Edo state give him victory at the polls. grin
Rubbish and illogical.

Ortom contested in the PDP primaries of December, 2014 and jumped ship. That did not prevent him from becoming the governor of Benue State under the APC.

I don't really know where you got the sick logic that picking a nomination form is equivalent to being nominated. It is not contained in any of our electoral laws and the constitution.

I know you will quickly cite the case of Uche Nwosu out of sentiment. The fact is that Uche was nominated by two political parties.

All your desperation and voodoo logic can not stand before our laws. There is no precedence that has disqualified any candidate who had contested in the primaries of more than one political party. I stand to be corrected.

I will advise you to help the APC to include Obaseki's name among those that contested the APC primaries. You can also allocate fictitious votes to him.

Your sophistication is really beyond what have imagined. Continue in your dream world.

We, the good people of Edo State, are not spectators in the politics of our State. That is why Tinubu cannot win even a ward in our State. Edo is not Lagos where one man dictates for the others.

We are waiting for your rigging machinery as you boasted.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
Great2017:

Rubbish and illogical.

Ortom contested in the PDP primaries of December, 2014 and jumped ship. That did not prevent him from becoming the governor of Benue State under the APC.

I don't really know where you got the sick logic that picking a nomination form is equivalent to being nominated. It is not contained in any of our electoral laws and the constitution.

I know you will quickly cite the case of Uche Nwosu out of sentiment. The fact is that Uche was nominated by two political parties.

All your desperation and voodoo logic can not stand before our laws. There is no precedence that has disqualified any candidate who had contested in the primaries of more than one political party. I stand to be corrected.

I will advise you to help the APC to include Obaseki's name among those that contested the APC primaries. You can also allocate fictitious votes to him.

Your sophistication is really beyond what have imagined. Continue in your dream world.

We, the good people of Edo State, are not spectators in the politics of our State. That is why Tinubu cannot win even a ward in our State. Edo is not Lagos where one man dictates for the others.

We are waiting for your rigging machinery as you boasted.

You can contest on five different party platforms if you so desire. Thats not an issue as long none of the loosers, or the party itself institutes a challenge. grin

Last governorship election in Edo whose name was on the ballot at thr polling station?
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by allthingsgood: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You said same about Wike, Udom and Okowa, SS is not Lagos, you go cry tire.

Well we shall see grin
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by soke02(m): 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
Don't be surprise Obaseki will win the election but the court will sack him. He is not fit to contest the fort coming gubernatorial election according electoral act.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by engineerboat(m): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

This sound like a comment from confused fellow.

Read what you write again.

No one should argue with you again

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by engineerboat(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

You can contest on five different party platforms if you so desire. Thats not an issue as long none of the loosers, or the party itself institutes a challenge. grin

Last governorship election in Edo whose name was on the ballot at thr polling station?

2016 Election does not have any binding on 2020 election.

Maybe you don't know, Obaseki resigned his APC membership long before joining PDP and ApC acknowledge receiving it.

So keep your logic to yourself

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by BERNIMOORE: 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
engineerboat:

Maybe you don't know, Obaseki resigned his APC membership long before joining PDP and ApC acknowledge receiving it.

stop wasting your time replying this people...

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Great2017: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Can you show me the electoral laws that said so? If you cannot, then, keep such imagination to yourself. I am only interested in what the electoral laws and our constitution say.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by engineerboat(m): 9:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
stop wasting your time replying this people...

Noted

They keep shunning out distorted facts

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Jesusloveyou: 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
shachris02:

You mean that there are two supreme court judgements on Uche nwosu's case? Bunch of jokers.
you should blame yourself, for been a joker,

so you don't know Friday was 26th of June 2020.

engineerboat don't know also.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Jesusloveyou: 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
Steady259:
Stop wasting your time and data watching online videos when you can watch and get paid real cash.
Monetize and convert your data into real cash.
Visit link for more to start earning
https://ogvideon.pw/63339143060148/
stop that nonsense.
after wasting your data, they will still duped you,
that is double wahala.

don't try it, they're fake.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by ChoCho54(f): 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
He doesn't have any case here, but believe me, he has lots of litigations awaiting him if he eventually won
And you would be naive to think he would loose his seat in court to Ize iyamu. APC don't own all the courts.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by ChoCho54(f): 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Obaseki in last election ran for office under APC. So he is currently on APC ticket. In order to escape Nwosu's fate, Obaseki must resign membership from APC. He must also resign from Governorship under APC mandate. If he continues the APC mandate for the term and campaigns under PDP, this will end up a double membership. Its okay if he is not challenged in court....but if he is he risks loss.
Highly disappointing coming from you.

What happened to you?

Chai! This kind fine boy like this. grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
ChoCho54:
Highly disappointing coming from you.

What happened to you?

Chai! This kind fine boy like this. grin

ChoCho...how you dey?

PDP no get sense, I must teach their yeye fans here how to apply sense. grin
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 11:09pm On Jul 02, 2020
Great2017:

Can you show me the electoral laws that said so? If you cannot, then, keep such imagination to yourself. I am only interested in what the electoral laws and our constitution say.

Ode! Constitution has nothing to do with party and election process.

You need to read the electoral act. Go to INEC site you will see the act.

Looking for constitution in electoral matter. grin

Didnt i tell you what you are already? A spectator! grin
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by engineerboat(m): 11:09pm On Jul 02, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
you should blame yourself, for been a joker,

so you don't know Friday was 26th of June 2020.

engineerboat don't know also.

Where is the said judgement naaaa.

Is it so difficult for your to present to judgement document

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
engineerboat:

Answer now. You dey fear?

Who did you vote in 2016 Edo election?
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Great2017: 1:22am On Jul 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Ode! Constitution has nothing to do with party and election process.

You need to read the electoral act. Go to INEC site you will see the act.

Looking for constitution in electoral matter. grin

Didnt i tell you what you are already? A spectator! grin

Bigger Ode! Elections in Nigeria are regulated by both the 1999 constitution (as amended) and the 2010 Electoral act (as amended). Stop displaying your ignorance in full glare.

You are the one that is supposed to quote the sections that supported your claim, Ode. The onus is on you, big ode.

Over to you, ode, show us where it is written or forever remain mute.
grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by ChoCho54(f): 1:23am On Jul 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:

ChoCho...how you dey?

PDP no get sense, I must teach their yeye fans here how to apply sense. grin
Why are you bothered about a "dead" party? grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 4:50am On Jul 03, 2020
ChoCho54:
Why are you bothered about a "dead" party? grin

kiss kiss kiss

You are wicked persin. grin
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 4:54am On Jul 03, 2020
Great2017:

Bigger Ode! Elections in Nigeria are regulated by both the 1999 constitution (as amended) and the 2010 Electoral act (as amended). Stop displaying your ignorance in full glare.

You are the one that is supposed to quote the sections that supported your claim, Ode. The onus is on you, big ode.

Over to you, ode, show us where it is written or forever remain mute.
grin

Shut it and tell me whose name you thumb stamped in 2016 governorship election in Edo State.

Dont respond with anything else bedside answer.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Nobody: 5:14am On Jul 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:

It's not enough that you speak like a child, you do so authoritatively. Even a lay man can make sound judgement of the issue, seasoned legal luminaries have never hinted on a similarity between Nwosu and Obaseki. The only people making noise are those who always allow political leanings becloud their common sense.
A judgment that was so CLEAR, yet you're making a mockery of yourself.
It will do you a whole lot of good to study the judgment, for crying out loud, you're supposed to be educated.Political patronage should not swallow our sense of reasoning nor recourse to conduct due diligence on issues.
SMH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by Great2017: 6:35am On Jul 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Shut it and tell me whose name you thumb stamped in 2016 governorship election in Edo State.

Dont respond with anything else bedside answer.

Shut it as well.

When you have the sections of the electoral act and our constitution, then, we can have a meaningful discussion., Mr. Simpleton.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by jumobi1(m): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2020
Nwosu facts differ from Obaseki facts.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement On Uche Nwosu Vs Obaseki's Fate. by MetaPhysical: 9:50am On Jul 03, 2020
kestor:

It's not enough that you speak like a child, you do so authoritatively. Even a lay man can make sound judgement of the issue, seasoned legal luminaries have never hinted on a similarity between Nwosu and Obaseki. The only people making noise are those who always allow political leanings becloud their common sense.
A judgment that was so CLEAR, yet you're making a mockery of yourself.
It will do you a whole lot of good to study the judgment, for crying out loud, you're supposed to be educated.Political patronage should not swallow our sense of reasoning nor recourse to conduct due diligence on issues.
SMH!!!

It is obvious your understanding of the issie is muddled.

Legal luminaries do not need to comment on it because their opinion carry weight and have far reaching consequences if given impulsively and in projection. They comment on "what is", and refrain from commenting on "what is to be".

Case in point, many legal luminaries were ahead of themselves to cite legal support in favor of Justice Onnoghen before they had full knowledge of his situation, and had to back-pedaled.....much of what could have been managed through negotiations was damaged through technicalities.

In the case of Nwosu, the disqualification was tied to the ballot.

It does not matter if people across aboard thumb-printed Nwosu in red, Nwosu in blue, Nwosu in yellow ballots....the name Nwosu is uniform and was people's choise. A conflict of interest (inequity) does not arise.

It matters a great deal if there is distinction between ballots and we have Nwosu in red, Nnwaneka in blue, Emeka in yellow....and the returns benefit one candidate only, whose name is Emeka Nnameka Nwosu. An inequity exist.

I have asked severally that spectators share who was on ballot in 2016 governorship election in Edo. They don't know and dodged. If a person could not tell that constitution is not the legal document for electoral process I do not expect they would know why individual names do not appear on ballots.

You are a spectator yourself and people like you must be schooled to cure your ignorance. Your response showed a lot of buffudlement. grin grin

I shown you the underlying principle in the Nwosu ruling. How could Obaseki walk into the same trap?

In 2016 Obaseki's name was not on ballot, APC was on ballot and PDP was on ballot. A party can only sponsor one candidate in same election. A candidate can only contest in one election and under one party. This is why people will resign their elected position in one office to submit candidacy for another. We have had people marginally flout that requirement and no one challenged them. If they were taken to court they will be disqualified. In fact, Im sure there will be precedences of court judgements in which a clear victory at the polls will later be overturned on grounds of technicalities and conflict of interest....it is specifically an electoral malpractice. grin

In 2016, Obaseki was sponsored under rules to be APC candidate. That rules was a simple contract expressed by submitting a nomination form and getting the party's endorsement. People that go to polls to vote Obaseki will not see his name but will see APC on ballot. When you thumb-print you voted APC. Therefore APC is in government house.

In 2020 if you want sponsorship you submit a contract proposal, a nomination form, to a party to field you as a candidate. Obaseki submitted form to APC for the same election that he will contest under PDP.

He has resigned his membership of APC but he has not relinquished and release his contract of 2016. Remember, APC was voted to occupy goverment house. Why is Obaseki, a PDP man, occupying an APC mandate? In the eye of the law, he continues to exercise the contract as long he remains an occupant.

A conflict of interest already exist. It can get worse to a point where if PDP wins the election ....and a stakeholder approaches court and ask for his disqualification the court will see merit in the charge and could give a judgement and a relief.....citing "inequity"!

Some winning candidates have lost their poll victory to court challenges on similar grounds. Meanwhile many in similar situation have been lucky to retain victory with out-of-court settlement.

Share with your fellow spectators so I dont have to school any more of you on what is going on.
grin grin

It just occurred to me that a likelihood exist someone would recall and mention case of Senate President Saraki decamping from APC to PDP and retained his position as President of Senate.

In the Senate names of candidates are on ballot. Saraki was the name that earned the mandate to lead the Senate, and not the party APC, even though it was the majority. Ike Ekweremadu was voted deputy for same reason....and he never changed party.

The critical factor and underlying hook is " what name was on ballot" and does that name a beneficiary of the action and counter-action at same time. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates / Call For Tinubu's Arrest Thickens / Jonathan's Campaign Vehicle Set Ablaze In Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.