Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,818 members, 7,824,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 (735 Views)

Evelyn Joshua: Primate Ayodele Pays Condolence Visit To TB Joshua’s Widow / Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Video Of "Strange Ghost" At Entrance Of Synagogue Church Sent To TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Oshoboy01: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2020
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION COMMENTS ON MEDICAL DOCTOR’S HEALING OF COVID-19 THROUGH PRAYERS OF TB JOSHUA

The World Health Organization (WHO) has spoken out after a video surfaced this week of a medical doctor who testified to receiving healing from COVID-19 after receiving prayers from Nigerian Pastor TB Joshua.

During an interactive press briefing organized on Wednesday 1st July 2020, a panel of top WHO officials was questioned on the miracle by Cameroonian journalist Simon Ateba of Today News Africa.

“On Monday, a very popular pastor in Nigeria, T.B Joshua, released a video of a medical doctor in Cameroon who was said to have been cured of the virus through prayer,” Ateba stated, asking the panellists for their reaction.

In the video he referenced, Dr Kameni Pierre - a gynecologist and obstetrician - receives prayer after affirming he was positive to coronavirus during an ‘Interactive Prayer Session’ organised by Emmanuel TV.

After ‘vomiting out’ the disease during prayer, the medical doctor held up his medical report days later confirming he was diagnosed negative to COVID-19.

In response, Dr Michael Ryan, the Executive Director of WHO Health Emergencies Programme, affirmed the readiness of WHO to collaborate with bodies like The SCOAN to advance the cause of the war against the deadly virus.

“Certainly, spiritual leadership is very important in times like this,” Ryan stated, praising the role of faith-based organisations in providing accurate information to communities.

Speaking further, the WHO Director General, Dr. Tedros Ghebreyesus added that faith and science should “go together”.

“We know many religious leaders who would really advise their followers to follow their faith and at the same time use science. The two do not contradict; they go together… We will call on all religious leaders to be in this fight and save lives,” he stated.

Ghebreyesus had earlier echoed TB Joshua’s prophecy where he declared 2020 “the year of humility” in which “God would humble us with our challenges”.

“If this virus is teaching us anything, it is humility,” the former Ethiopian Minister of Health asserted.

Emmanuel TV’s popular YouTube videos, many of which show similar case of miraculous healing through prayer, have accumulated over six hundred million views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xPSbFU43PU

1 Share

Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by othermen: 9:03am On Jul 02, 2020
A very wise(diplomatic) response actually. Faith is not the enemy(not the friend either, most want your pocket than setting your heart right with God), and those quick to ridicule one's belief actually lack wisdom. You should never put people (or whatever they consider sacred) down (to dirt) because of your knowledge(ignorance) or enlightenment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Buhari2023(m): 9:04am On Jul 02, 2020
Good morning fellow Nigerians

As you step out today please use your face mask, carry your hand sanitizer, Always wash your hands.

Our isolation centers across the country don full!!!

2 Likes

Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by ValCon888: 9:05am On Jul 02, 2020
Arrant nonsense and crass stupidity.

If indeed he's a healer, he doesn't need to heal a patient in faraway Cameroon. The Yaba Isolation Center is in Lagos where his church is located.

Everything in this country is either politicised or religionized. But the end goal of these thieves is to take the money out of your pocket.

4 Likes

Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by BigTableShaker(f): 9:06am On Jul 02, 2020
Where is freeze? hehehe
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by tobisco29(m): 9:07am On Jul 02, 2020
Another one for the day again. undecided
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by AntiWailer: 9:08am On Jul 02, 2020
Lol

Wise Man.
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Vyzz: 9:11am On Jul 02, 2020
cool
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Righteousness89(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2020
They say it is faith based organization..

No one Recongnizes the Healer, JESUS Christ and the need to humble ourselves, Repent and turn to Him..

Light and Darkness do not go together..

Let's keep Decieving ourselves..

Very soon, Everbody eye go clear.
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by incogni2o: 9:24am On Jul 02, 2020
Something Fishy
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by BackllGodNaija: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2020
When science fails you, who do you turn to? Of course you know who na...God!
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by tawiatata: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2020
"Doctors treat; God heals." - TB Joshua
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by VirginFinder: 10:09am On Jul 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
They say it is faith based organization..

No one Rrecongnizes the Healer, JESUS Christ and the need to humble ourselves, Rrepent and turn to Him..

Light and Ddarkness do not go together..

Let's keep Ddecieving ourselves..

Very soon, Eeverbody eye go clear.
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by sotall(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2020

2 Likes

Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Temotala: 11:49am On Jul 02, 2020
TB Joshua has literally thousands of clips on YouTube of healing and miracles taking place (some with millions of views) - in different countries around the world. The fact that miracles happen in his ministry is indisputable - but it's a matter of faith!
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by OtemAtum: 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
The funny thing is that this is where it will all end. You won't see WHO taking TB Joshua round isolation centres all over the globe to heal people. They all know what they are doing, especially when money speaks.
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
ValCon888:
Arrant nonsense and crass stupidity.
If indeed he's a healer, he doesn't need to heal a patient in faraway Cameroon. The Yaba Isolation Center is in Lagos where his church is located.
Everything in this country is either politicised or religionized. But the end goal of these thieves is to take the money out of your pocket.

The book said Jesus was physically assaulted for going to heal people in far away places yet people in his home town needs the miracles! Luke 4:23-30

So if TB Joshua went as far as Cameroon to heal Covid19 patients, what we need to ask is should people expect that Nigerians shouldn't fear again since one of us has been given the power to cure Covid19 in a miraculous way?
Or we shouldn't expect him to do the same when he returns home? undecided
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
TB Joshua I don't doubt you and I don't know if you are on Nairaland but my message will surely not be in vain.

I got through with my NYSC since 2017... But I have not been gainfully well employed since then. you have healed others miraculously, prayed for many and paved way for them positively. TB Joshua, pray for me so that I will be gainfully employed. Pray for me that I might escape the jaws of poverty.

Pray for me so that I will be a giver to the needy too. nothing is too impossible for God to do. I want to come with a testimony
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Buhari2023:
Good morning fellow Nigerians

As you step out today please use your face mask, carry your hand sanitizer, Always wash your hands.

Our isolation centers across the country don full!!!
grincheesygrincheesygrin
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by ThinkFreely: 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
The issue here now is that most covid19 patients will heal without any form of miracle anyway.

This is a fact
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by ikorodureporta: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2020
othermen:
A very wise(diplomatic) response actually. Faith is not the enemy(not the friend either, most want your pocket than setting your heart right with God), and those quick to ridicule one's belief actually lack wisdom. You should never put people (or whatever they consider sacred) down (to dirt) because of your knowledge(ignorance) or enlightenment.
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by AdeniyiA(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2020
Never a disease Jesus can not cure, if you do not believe this then you're an atheist ...

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/03/who-reacts-to-prophet-t-b-joshuas-covid-19-healing-claims/
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by AdeniyiA(m): 7:22am On Jul 03, 2020
BLUELemon:
TB Joshua I don't doubt you and I don't know if you are on Nairaland but my message will surely not be in vain.

I got through with my NYSC since 2017... But I have not been gainfully well employed since then. you have healed others miraculously, prayed for many and paved way for them positively. TB Joshua, pray for me so that I will be gainfully employed. Pray for me that I might escape the jaws of poverty.

Pray for me so that I will be a giver to the needy too. nothing is too impossible for God to do. I want to come with a testimony

Hmm... God has already answered your request, just pray with TB JOSHUA on Emmanuel.tv and put the request on the anointing
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by AdeniyiA(m): 7:32am On Jul 03, 2020
sotall:
cool

More like an ambiguous, hypocritical and diplomatic response.

Why not invite TB Joshua to the various isolation centers in Nigeria and heal all the covid-19 patients?

Or is the God that healed the medical doctor selective in healing?

You get it! That's the point. No barber goes about looking for whose hair is bushy to cut, you either invite or go to him to have your hair cut
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 03, 2020
My own is that any pastor that says he healed or can heal covid19 patients should be arrested and locked up with covid19 patients in isolation centers so that he can perform his magic there. sad
Re: WHO Reacts To TB Joshua's 'miraculous Healing' Of Covid-19 by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2020
AdeniyiA:

Hmm... God has already answered your request, just pray with TB JOSHUA on Emmanuel.tv and put the request on the anointing
amen sir

(1) (Reply)

I Hate All This Mark Of The Beast Talk / Caution Bishop Oyedepo, His Utterances Promote Sexual, Gender-based Violence / "I Once Slept With Apostle Suleman"- Actress, Chioma Ifemeludike Confesses (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.