Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! (1855 Views)

Eze Eri & His Chiefs Wearing Jewish Apparel (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri / King Nwachukwu Nashid Koleoso Karade Eri, Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by MetaPhysical: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
imhotep:

Pay the dowry sharp sharp before we sanction you grin

I dey go Owerri in few days now. I dey go test Christina first to see what she is working with.

Dowry no be problem. Tell me, wetin you want? grin grin
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Adaibeku(f): 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Adadiorama I of Ibekuland.

See as little girl dey get boldness to talk and dare her ancestors. grin

am not a young lady , don't let my white colour deceive u ... And don't dishonour me
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by MetaPhysical: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Adaibeku:
am not a young lady , don't let my white colour deceive u ... And don't dishonour me

I will bite you! angry

Small pikin wey just dey get two small buds for chest and now no let village elders focus again. Yeye grin
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Munzy14(m): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mariangeles:
A long but interesting piece.

"In Mbaise and Mbano areas of Imo State, the same question is asked as: Ehi olengbe ka anyi huru? The greater point is that Mbaise and Mbano stretch is the heartland of the Igbo. The Igbo autography is built around their tongue."

How true is the quoted part?

Also, point of correction @bolded, in my place of isi-ala mbano, it is Eshi olengbe ka anyi hukwara?
We say eshi and not ehi

How do you say the bolded in your place? @Munzy14
Ehi is more like a dialect to the contr5 clan, ngwa people etc.

The correct one I am conversant with is Eshi, being born and brought up in O'town.... My tongue is more of Owerri than contry5.
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Mariangeles(f): 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
Munzy14:

Ehi is more like a dialect to the contr5 clan, ngwa people etc.

The correct one I am conversant with is Eshi, being born and brought up in O'town.... My tongue is more of Owerri than contry5.

I hope you have not adulterated your own dialect. cheesy

OK. Say to me "How are you?" in pure Owerri dialect.
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Munzy14(m): 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mariangeles:

I hope you have not adulterated your own dialect. cheesy

OK. Say to me "How are you?" in pure Owerri dialect.
cheesy
lol to the bolded... My Personal dialect is like engligbo.. grin

When I was serving at Abia, my Yoruba friends where saying I don't even know how to speak Igbo, saying my igbo was sounding like English.

how are you? In owerri " O lee kpa iri" or " A na lee kpa i na ri"....cheesy

You will now reply " a ri mi mma o"

When I was schooling in Anambra, my friends find my igbo tongue as fun.

But I ended up changing to Anambra tongue. Till today if I Converse with any Anambra person in Igbo, you won't believe I am from IMO.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Mariangeles(f): 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Munzy14:

cheesy

When I was serving at Abia, my Yoruba friends where saying I don't even know how to speak Igbo, saying my igbo was sounding like English.

I swear, I laughed out loud here grin

But I ended up changing to Anambra tongue. Till today if I Converse with any Anambra person in Igbo, you won't believe I am from IMO.... cheesy

Are you not proud of your dialect?
You might confuse your children in future you know.
For me, it's either Igbo nzube or olu mbam
Why should I speak a different dialect when I can speak mine? Like I'm ashamed of it or something...
Tell me; were or are you ashamed of your dialect ? cheesy
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Munzy14(m): 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mariangeles:

I swear, I laughed out loud here grin

Are you not proud of your dialect?
You might confuse your children in future you know.
For me, it's either Igbo nzube or olu mbam
Why should I speak a different dialect when I can speak mine? Like I'm ashamed of it or something...
Tell me; were or are you ashamed of your dialect ? cheesy
I am proud of my heritage.

We didn't grow in a setting where the dialect is used in conversation... mom only speaks in contry5 pure tongue.

You can stay with my dad for years, u won't know he is contry5 conc one o....I think that was where we mixed the whole thing growing up.

My village is at border with ikeduru, your place and ehime mbano.

They inter married a lot... it affected the conc mba5 dialect in my side.

1 Like

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by AreaFada2: 2:42am On Jul 03, 2020
Interesting.
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by bigfrancis21: 3:54am On Jul 03, 2020
Munzy14:

cheesy

@bold....fa ncha busi ofu ife afu. I ghotago. cheesy

Asusu Anambra (Onitsha) a soka nu. cool O na-aso uso na nti. cheesy

Funny I speak both Onitsha and Owerri well, although I'm from Anambra.

Olee nde owere nu nga...e kelela m nnu o....annu a ri kpa ole....ibari ogwa wu nga he mege....vinyama...uwa wu otu mbia.... grin
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by baby124: 4:29am On Jul 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:

See me see wahala!

You and Imhotep must be husband and wife. Una no sleep?

Anyway, as i dey prepare for this Imo trip so na hin I say make i learn about Christina people in Mbaise. Na this article jump out from the search.
grin grin grin. You are always trolling Igbos. They are generally cool people. You fit the troublesome ones in this politics section though. Hahahaha. Interesting read though.

1 Like

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by baby124: 4:33am On Jul 03, 2020
Adaibeku:
He knows and will correct it soon, he knows about deceptions of Jesus,Romans,whites,bible, Christianity and the Satan himself,
He is so cautious 2 it ,but I told him to leave it 4 a young lady of 14 known as april wolf from aguata anambra, by d the time she enters 16 we will break d bondage holding us, Pls if u can get to April wolf the female tell her she isn't alone ,she shudnt be afraid that chuku okike our father(not Yahweh) said he is with her ikenga ,ofor n his sister ogu is with her, I have not seen her B4 but I saw her in my dreams often...if u know her email tell her that I goddess from ancient Creek is with her ,she should speak without fear, my uncle shud face his struggle..tanks
What kind of weed are you smoking. Sounds like it’s a unique variety cool. Please help a sister with the name. I could make money from selling this one.
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by baby124: 4:34am On Jul 03, 2020
Adaibeku:
It pains me u joke with truth of ur existence, now d little boy imhotep thinks am talking rubbish, y are u humans so gullible,daft and myopic,
Even though u are d alleluia type but u av 2 seek wat has been ,is painful I know wat no one knows, talk dey will call u agent marine spirit even d so called ipob,
What universe are you operating from?
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by MetaPhysical: 4:47am On Jul 03, 2020
baby124:

grin grin grin. You are always trolling Igbos. They are generally cool people. You fit the troublesome ones in this politics section though. Hahahaha. Interesting read though.

Ooni told me Yoruba and Ibo are inseparable. Ive stayed glued to them ever since. They enjoy it o. grin

When i travel to Imo. Im going offline. They will miss me.

Ibo kwenu!
Ibo kwenu!!
Ibo kwenu!!! grin grin
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Adaibeku(f): 7:40am On Jul 03, 2020
baby124:

What kind of weed are you smoking. Sounds like it’s a unique variety cool. Please help a sister with the name. I could make money from selling this one.
I didn't smoke I just decide to show wat I am, pls be careful how u talk 2 me all I said is d truth,
Wen u see some1 who reveal wat is truth u bcom stupid at once, at least u didn't call me 666 or Antichrist ..I hate humans(blacks) n their blindness u all are in deep problem but u donno
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Munzy14(m): 9:51am On Jul 03, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Olee nde owere nu nga...e kelela m nnu o....annu a ri kpa ole....ibari ogwa wu nga he mege....vinyama...uwa wu otu mbia.... grin
cheesy
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Mariangeles(f): 10:04am On Jul 03, 2020
Munzy14:

I am proud of my heritage.

We didn't grow in a setting where the dialect is used in conversation... mom only speaks in contry5 pure tongue.

You can stay with my dad for years, u won't know he is contry5 conc one o....I think that was where we mixed the whole thing growing up.

My village is at border with ikeduru, your place and ehime mbano.

They inter married a lot... it affected the conc mba5 dialect in my side.

Ours is a very domineering dialect... I understand grin

bigfrancis21:

You made me really laugh out loud guy...especially the owerre part grin

Do you have the Anambra L-R factor?
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Olu317(m): 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Ooni told me Yoruba and Ibo are inseparable. Ive stayed glued to them ever since. They enjoy it o. grin

When i travel to Imo. Im going offline. They will miss me.

Ibo kwenu!
Ibo kwenu!!
Ibo kwenu!!! grin grin
Ooni's statement is not conversant with Yoruba's identity, in relationship with other ethnic group. So he is incorrect because he doesn't know much on Yoruba ethnography or what pictographs serves,except based on western world interpretation. Perhaps, he needs accept the reality that yoruba are different and not as hairy as the more hairy Ibos.

1 Like

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by bigfrancis21: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
Mariangeles:

You made me really laugh out loud guy...especially the owerre part grin

Do you have the Anambra L-R factor?

grin grin

No. I don’t.

1 Like

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Munzy14(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
Mariangeles:

Especially the vulgar anthems of mba4 ...cheesy
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Mariangeles(f): 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
Munzy14:

Especially the vulgar anthems of mba4 ...cheesy

Owu nani vulgar? Taa gbafuo! grin
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Munzy14(m): 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2020
Mariangeles:

Owu nani vulgar? Taa gbafuo! grin
oooh!!! so u are fully aware... grin
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Mariangeles(f): 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Munzy14:

oooh!!! so u are fully aware... grin

For real, I don't.
Tell me the ones you think you know...
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Munzy14(m): 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
Mariangeles:

For real, I don't.
Tell me the ones you think you know...
You don't?..... smh take it easy shebi you know your language very well... cheesy

have you watched that queen nwokoye's lead actress movie "Ada mbano"?

Ooo!! the one I know is the official mba4 first anthem...õtù õchá grin in English it's a fair lady's yoni...

2 Likes

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Mariangeles(f): 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
Munzy14:

You don't?..... smh take it easy shebi you know your language very well... cheesy

have you watched that queen nwokoye's lead actress movie "Ada mbano"?

Not fully. She played the role so well, I thought she was from Imo state.

Ooo!! the one I know is the official mba4 first anthem...õtù õchá grin in English it's a fair lady's yoni...

You're bad! grin

I remember saying that one time to sound cool to my grandmother...her reaction then told me that it meant something that a child shouldn't say grin
It was her favourite exclamation! grin
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by baby124: 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
Adaibeku:
I didn't smoke I just decide to show wat I am, pls be careful how u talk 2 me all I said is d truth,
Wen u see some1 who reveal wat is truth u bcom stupid at once, at least u didn't call me 666 or Antichrist ..I hate humans(blacks) n their blindness u all are in deep problem but u donno
Don’t take this personally and don’t take it as an insult but make sure you see a psychiatrist. So that you can get on a good drug regiment to help you. What you are saying makes no sense and looks like writings of someone suffering from bipolar or psychosis. Many people have it and the condition can be managed with medication.
Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Munzy14(m): 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
Mariangeles:

Not fully. She played the role so well, I thought she was from Imo state.

You're bad! grin

I remember saying that one time to sound cool to my grandmother...her reaction then told me that it meant something that a child shouldn't say grin
It was her favourite exclamation! grin
yes she did, perfect interpretation of her script... She sounded like some women in my village married from Umu ozu isiala mba4...

Hahahaha, she will look you with one kind eye....grin

But, u don't say it to your parents nor elderly ones face o... Before they use the whole KJV Bible preaching on u...cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by MetaPhysical: 11:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
Olu317:
Ooni's statement is not conversant with Yoruba's identity, in relationship with other ethnic group. So he is incorrect because he doesn't know much on Yoruba ethnography or what pictographs serves,except based on western world interpretation. Perhaps, he needs accept the reality that yoruba are different and not as hairy as the more hairy Ibos.

grin grin
Did you just call my in-laws hairy? angry

Their fur is the appeal, makes them exotic. grin

Olu is jealous of my in-laws.

Cc
Christina
Alhaja Rekhina
Adaibeku
Imhotep
Amatarasha

1 Like

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 04, 2020
Olu317:

Please respect the Ooni of Ife.

"Ooni of Ife links Aje Festival to Industrious Igbo People"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxACWC7BcKY

Igbo amaka.

cc lzaa metaphysical

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by LZAA: 6:46am On Jul 04, 2020
imhotep:

Please respect the Ooni of Ife.

"Ooni of Ife links Aje Festival to Industrious Igbo People"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxACWC7BcKY

Igbo amaka.

cc lzaa metaphysical
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Progenitor Of Igbo Is Eshi, And Not Eri. Igbo Ronu! by Olu317(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

grin grin
Did you just call my in-laws hairy? angry

Their fur is the appeal, makes them exotic. grin

Olu is jealous of my in-laws.

Cc
Christina
Alhaja Rekhina
Adaibeku
Imhotep
Amatarasha
As usual, ‘ I am jealous of your Inlaws... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away / Happy New Year 2016 SMS Wishes Messages / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.