Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) (2961 Views)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 10:55am On Jul 02, 2020
Hello Nairalanders!
I am a Christian/Gospel story teller and script-writer interested in a career in the Gospel film industry. To the glory of God Almighty, I’m here to share with you some Christian literatures that I wrote. I believe that there are other Christian/Gospel script-writers and story tellers on this forum and I will like us to come together and showcase our God-given talents here.

By the grace of God, I pray that each story written here will touch and impact lives positively and also win souls for Christ in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Feel free to add your own stories, either long or short, and leave your contact details beneath (optional though); you wouldn’t know who will be contacting you via this thread.

For other writers, please take note of the following:
1) Always begin with the Title of the story
2) Stories can be in form of Prose or Drama
3) Please take note of your Diction and Grammatical Errors (try as much as you can to proof-read and edit before posting)
4) Always write ‘THE END’ boldly at the end of each story
5) After each story, you may attach the Moral of the Story or Lessons Learnt

***Literary Criticisms or Commendations for any of the stories are allowed and appreciated.

All Rights Reserved: No story or part of the stories written here should be copied, reproduced or used elsewhere without prior permission of the writer. The writer should be notified and acknowledged appropriately.

Christian/Gospel stories only. No secular or non-Christian story is allowed on this thread.

Sincerely,
Amicable24

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 10:58am On Jul 02, 2020
I'll be copying the stories I share on: https://www.nairaland.com/5962897/thread-christian-gospel-stories to this thread. So you can always check on this thread and that too to know when a new story/script has been added.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 10:58am On Jul 02, 2020
STORY 001
TITLE: THE PREACHER
Written by Amicable24

It’s a Wednesday morning in one of the busy streets of Lagos around 6:45a.m. Mr. Obiorah, a wealthy entrepreneur in his mid-thirties drives through this street to work and there is something spectacular that catches his attention each time he drives through this street to work. Mr. Obiorah always sees a young man his age, shabbily dressed as he presumed him to be, who stands at a corner in the street preaching the Gospel of Christ with so much zeal to as many that passed by and cared to listen. On driving close to the preacher, this wealthy entrepreneur often slows down, winds down his glass and says harshly to the preacher, ‘Fool! Don’t go and look for something better to do!’ Then he will wind back up and zoom off. Even before he finishes with the name-calling, the preacher, who is already used to Obiorah’s rants, calmly responds by saying, ‘Thank you sir. Do have a blessed day’.

After Obiorah must have driven past the preacher, he continues his journey to work by talking angrily to himself and speaking against the preacher and his likes. He says things like, 'Just look at the shirt he’s wearing, shirt from the 90s; he can’t even get a good tailor to slim fit it for him. When others are heading to their offices and places of work, this foolish preacher and his likes just leave their homes to make noise up and down the street. At the end of the day, they will request I give them money, my hard earned money… Fools!!’

This happened for several months until a particular day when Mr. Obiorah couldn’t hold it down anymore. It is a Friday morning and Obiorah already cancelled all his schedules at work for that day. He plans on talking it out with the preacher this morning, and just about 6:43a.m, he drives past the preacher as usual. He slowly went further to a parking lot close by and parked his car there. He could still see the zealous preacher from his car’s side and rear mirrors preaching joyfully. ‘I’ll wait for him’, he says, ‘even if he takes the whole day, I will wait for him. By the time I finish talking sense into his empty skull, he will stop coming out every morning to make noise. What rubbish?! How will a young man be wasting his youthful years preaching when his mates are inventing things that are changing lives technologically. This foolishness must end today. If he doesn’t have a job, I will offer him one in my company; Nonsense!’

Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2020
This is a good initiative
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 10:59am On Jul 02, 2020
... (Title: THE PREACHER) continues...

Mr. Obiorah kept on talking to himself in his car as he waited for the preacher to be through. Around 7:35a.m, the preacher rounded up his preaching and began to give out his gospel tracts as he makes his way home. Obiorah hurriedly stepped out of his car and ran to him, ‘Hey! Hey!!’ Obiorah shouted as he ran after the preacher.

The preacher looked behind him and saw Obiorah beckoning on him to wait. He smiles as he recognized Obiorah as the same man who has been calling him names for several months while he shared the gospel, and as Obiorah got close to him, the preacher calmly said, ‘Good morning sir; how have you been?’ Then he offered Obiorah one of his tracts but he wouldn’t collect.

‘I want to have a word with you right now!’ Obiorah yelled.
‘Okay, that won’t be a problem’, the preacher responded. ‘I’m all ears’.

They both walk few steps away from the road and stand beside one of the shops in the street.

‘Mr. Man, what is your problem? Why are you bent on disturbing the neighborhood at a time when you are supposed to be in your office or place of work?’ Obiorah angrily asked. ‘Don’t you have a job?!’

The preacher smiled and responded softly, ‘I’m a preacher sir’.

‘A preacher?! You mean you are just a preacher and nothing more?!
‘Yes sir, a preacher’.

Obiorah, still angry at the preacher, went on to ask him, ‘Do you have a family?’

‘Sure, I do. I have a wife and three children sir’.
‘Oh! I see. You have a wife and three children. So how do you cater for them if you have no other job than this noise you make daily?’

The preacher cheerfully responds, ‘I don’t make noise sir, I preach the Gospel of Christ and the Lord has been supplying all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus’.

Mr. Obiorah angrily cuts in, ‘Spare me that rubbish Mr. Man! That is how you people go about begging for financial aids here and there instead of looking for a good job to do in order to help yourself and your family’.
‘That’s not true sir. I don’t beg for financial aid. I meant it when I said that the Lord has been supplying all our needs. My wife is a seamstress and the Lord has blessed that little job of hers and used it to fend for the family’s needs’
‘A seamstress?!’ Mr. Obiorah yelled. ‘How much does a seamstress earn daily that can cater for a family of five? That’s not possible’.
‘There is nothing impossible with God sir’, the preacher calmly responded. ‘If the Lord can feed over five thousand people with just five loaves of bread and two fish, then, fending for a family of five with the wages of a seamstress is a little thing for Him’.
‘Just shut up, you this fool’, replied Obiorah. ‘Just look at the way you are shabbily dressed, coming out here to preach daily. I can see you are just being lazy and inconsiderate. Just look at how you’ve placed such a huge burden on your wife, making her to cater for the whole family with her little earning while you lazy about every day. Can’t you look for a better job in order to take up your responsibility as the man that you are and fend for your family? See, if you can’t get a good job, I will offer you one in my company’.

‘Thank you for your care sir’, the preacher responded with a smile, ‘but then, I must do the work of Him who sent me here and finish it’. He takes a deep breath then continues, ‘I used to work with a multinational company that pays very well some years ago, but since the Lord called me into this ministry, I had to surrender all to Him and follow Him’.
‘You used to work with a multinational company?’ Obiorah asked surprisingly.
‘Yes sir’, the preacher responded, ‘but I gave up all that for this ministry’.
‘I don’t get it. Couldn’t you have been working with the company and continued with the preaching? Must you leave the company just because you want to become a preacher?’

‘My dear’, the preacher calmly replied, ‘God can call and use anybody from any social or economic class. It all depends on the availability of that individual for God’s work. In my own case, while I was working with the multinational company as a Christian and born again, I faced so many challenges and it got to a point I began to give in to the challenges, putting my faith in Christ at a risk. I began to lower my standards just to please my superiors and earn promotions at my office, but God wasn’t happy with me. I began to please men and my flesh and displeased God. Before I knew it, I have backslidden far away from the faith. It took the grace and mercy of God to bring me back to Him. When I realized how far away I was from God due to the job, I made the decision to quit and go into full time ministry seeing it is the call of God upon my life’.

‘Hmm, don’t you regret that decision of yours?’ asked Mr. Obiorah who now felt pity for the preacher.
‘Not anymore sir. I used to regret the decision when I first started seeing that I could no longer give my family the kind of luxury I promised them, but the Lord has always assured me that He will never leave nor forsake me. He has been sustaining me and my family all these years. Even my wife has been really supportive of this ministry and hasn’t taunted me even for a day. She loves the Lord with all of her heart and is ready to go with Him wherever He leads. She believes this is God’s calling for us and has no objection about it’.

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2020
LifeQuest:
This is a good initiative

Thank you sir
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2020

Mr. Obiorah, standing right before the preacher, looks away, deep in his own thoughts with arms akimbo. The preacher notices it and calls his attention back as he places his right hand over Obiorah’s shoulders.

‘Is anything the matter sir?’

Obiorah sighs and feigns a smile. ‘Nothing at all, I’m fine’.

At this point, the preacher knew something was wrong with the young entrepreneur, so he pressed on; ‘Come on sir, I know something isn’t right with you. Your countenance changed suddenly after I shared my story with you. Is there anything you want to talk about? I’m all ears sir, please share it’.

Obiorah looks deep into the preacher’s eyes for a moment and then opens up to him; ‘It’s about my parents’.

‘Your parents? What about them?’ the preacher asked.
‘I think I’ve not been a good son to them’, Obiorah responded as he tries to hide the tear drops rolling down his cheeks by looking away.
The preacher pats his back and calms him down; ‘It’s okay sir. But what makes you think you’ve not been a good son to them?’

‘I am the only child of my parents and my parents are also very passionate about the work of God just as you are’, then he pauses.
‘Yes? Go ahead sir, I’m all ears’, said the preacher.
‘When I was still a teenager, I went with my parents all over town to evangelize with them. Then I got a full scholarship to study Entrepreneurship abroad after my secondary education’. Obiorah pauses again as he takes a deep breath. The preacher listened attentively as he continues; ‘In my first year in school abroad, I preached God’s Word to those I came across and led some to Christ, but there were these particular set of people in the school who often mocked me each time our paths crossed. It got to a point, I began to feel ashamed of the Gospel of Christ and before the end of my first year, I left the faith and became one with the ungodly’.

‘Oh my God!’ exclaimed the preacher. He pats Obiorah who has been trying so hard to control himself from crying.

Obiorah wipes his eyes with his handkerchief as he continues, ‘I began to despise my parents and everyone who holds on to the faith. I stopped checking on my parents and won’t even receive their calls whenever they tried to reach me because they kept encouraging me to stay in Christ no matter what. I felt for them so much, but pretended like I never cared about them so as to please my new friends abroad who don’t believe in the existence of any God. Those friends helped me financially and accommodated me, so I never wanted to get on their bad side. After I completed my B.Sc. degree, things worked out fine for me and I pursued a Masters degree. I never came back home to my parents throughout my stay abroad. When I finally returned home after about seven years of study, I became so ashamed of living with my parents’.

At this juncture, Obiorah couldn’t hide the tears anymore. The preacher held him by his arm and walked few steps to the front of a shop close by where they both sat down to continue with the conversation.

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 11:01am On Jul 02, 2020

After some moments, Obiorah continues; ‘My parents welcomed me back home with joy and open arms despite how I have refused to reach out to them when I was abroad. That never bothered them. They noticed I have been far away from Christ and tried to bring me back to Him, but I blatantly refused. At a point, after spending just few weeks with them, I left the house for them and got an apartment far away from them because the friends I kept will be mad at me if I stayed with them. I’m doing very well in business and have houses of my own. I have even supported many families financially while my own parents are finding it difficult to survive. The last I heard of my parents from a close relative is that they have relocated back to the village. I couldn’t help them in any way because the friends I keep are all over me monitoring my every movement. Anytime I tried to reach out to my parents, they will talk me out of it and convince me that they are fine. They made me feel like my parents don’t care about me because I don’t believe in their God. They further convinced me that their God should take care of them since they had so much faith in Him’.

‘My God!’ said the preacher, ‘this is saddening. I can imagine the kind of pain you’ve put your parents through. Ah! It is well’

‘I used to feel for my parents but I’ve vowed never to help them because they still held on to the faith and refused to renounce it so that I can help them. I have been trying so hard to forget about them, but each time I drive through this street to work, seeing you make me remember them because that’s the same way they went about preaching from street to street. I feel so guilty and I just wish they can renounce the faith so that I can reach out to them and bring them to live with me’.

The preacher sighed and asked Obiorah, ‘What makes you think it’s your wealth that your parents need? Don’t you think they are more interested in your soul and that you should return to Christ and be born again? Or do you think God has forsaken them and wouldn’t cater for their needs?’

‘Now that’s the problem’, Obiorah responded. ‘I don’t want to leave my social and economic status, become shabbily dressed and carry my Bible from street to street to preach just because I’m a child of God. Isn’t that what being born again is all about?’

The preacher responded with a smile, ‘You are getting it all wrong sir. Nobody is asking you to leave your social and economic status, dress shabbily like you call it and all that. But then, you cannot have two masters over your life. You cannot serve God and mammon’.

‘How do you mean?’ asked Obiorah.
‘You see, you can’t hold on so tight to the treasures of this world and still hold on to God. Whatever you place so much value on more than the Almighty God becomes your god and master. Just as you are, you can still return to Christ, your Saviour, by humbling yourself before Him and also ask for His mercy upon your life. You can still continue with your business, but you have to put God first in everything that concerns you before anything or anyone else’.

‘Hmm!!’ exclaimed Obiorah. ‘My friends… My friends will…’
‘Will mock you?’ asked the preacher.
‘Yes’, replied Obiorah.

The preacher holds Obiorah’s palms and gently tells him ‘My dear, it’s high time you stopped listening to those ungodly friends of yours and make it right with your Maker. It’s better for the world to ridicule you while you are one with God instead of being friends with the world and an enemy of God. The Bible says in Isaiah 55 verse 7, let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord and the Lord will have mercy upon him. ’. He pauses a little then continues, ‘I don’t want you to leave here today without making the decision to return to Christ. You have to rededicate your life back to Him and welcome Him into your heart as your Lord and only Saviour’.

The preacher takes a moment to give Obiorah room to think about it. Obiorah is speechless, he just gazed into the air in a sober way while the preacher spoke to him.

Then the preacher continues, ‘Please sir, don’t be a prodigal son to your parents anymore and stop heeding to the advice of your ungodly friends. Just look at how they have successfully turned your heart away from your parents who brought you up in a loving and godly manner. Please return to your Maker right now, okay?’

Obiorah shakes off his hands from the preacher’s. ‘I’m sorry I don’t think I can do what you’re asking me. That wasn’t my intention of coming to meet you here and I’m not ready yet for all these’.

The preacher says softly, ‘Please sir, do this right now; If not for anything, at least for the sake of your parents whom you’ve abandoned for so long. I can tell they are grieving for you. Why not surrender your life to Christ here and now and resolve to go back to your parents to ask for their forgiveness?’

‘Ah! Ah!! No! No way!! I can’t do this’, Obiorah groans.
‘You can do it sir’, responded the preacher. ‘The Lord will give you the grace and you can do all things through Christ Who strengthens you’.

The preacher begins to pray silently even as he encourages Obiorah with the Word of God. Finally, Mr. Obiorah gives in to the preacher’s words and kneels before him tearfully. The preacher rejoiced and gave thanks to God. He prays for Obiorah who welcomes Jesus back into his life.

After some days, Obiorah traveled to the village to see his parents and to ask for their forgiveness. His parents were overwhelmed with joy that God has finally answered their prayers concerning the salvation of their son. He made peace with his parents and brought them to live with him in the city.

Obiorah stopped heeding to the advice of his ungodly friends. He led some of them to Christ while the others parted ways with him seeing him as a foolish man.

He continued in his business as an entrepreneur and also as a born again. He has since been close friends with the preacher.

THE END

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 11:17am On Jul 02, 2020
I'm expecting constructive criticisms and commendations on every story shared on this thread. I'm also expecting other writers to send in their stories/scripts too as the Spirit leads.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by VIRTUOUSWRITES(f): 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
Wow! I love this... I'm much interested!
I am a Christian writer and I've written a lot of Christian literature that have gone viral in touching lives... God bless the person that got this idea.
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2020
I am a christian writer too.
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
Amicable24:

Thank you sir

I want to suggest we make this thread The Landing Page for Christian Literature Works. It means thread links of works will be pasted here and review can be done here too. This is because it could be difficult to follow stories when their are multiple posts from individuals.
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
PRIVATE CONVERSATION
Prose
All right reserved (c) 2020

CHAPTER ONE
Abuja, Nigeria

‘’No, it’s not going to work out that way’’
Sandra screamed to her Fitz Spiro branded phone angrily and cut off the call on whoever was at the other end. She paced the floor of her well furnished condo apartment too luxurious for a spinster of her age. She quietly moved to the window side facing the western direction. It has been her usual habit whenever temper ran high being a lover of nature. Sandra gazed at the setting sun as it hurried to sleep in the west; the sun was partially hiding behind the Aso mountain range. She was still so much in confusion that engulfed her tender heart; tears gushed out from her teary eyes. She didn’t notice when the streetlight came alive. She has been living on 24, Jimmy Carter Street for the past three years now. Jimmy Carter Street in Asokoro District was one of the choice highbrow areas in the capital city; its close proximity to the palatial presidential villa on one hand and the many embassies and State Governments Lodges located in the District on the other hand.

Sandra had every reason to be grateful for the great talent God bestowed on her. It was her dexterity in leading worship that got her a very lucrative job as the worship minister cum leader, superintending over a worship and mass choir of about two hundred members with an official accommodation that made her a resident of Asokoro Districts a and a Toyota corolla saloon car. Sandra read Microbiology from the University of Ilorin but her passion has been church music from the time she was a child. Still very young at 23, she has the world at her feet ministering at many conventions, conferences and evangelistic meetings not only in Nigeria but in Africa nations and indeed, across the world in the past three years of her life.

Sandra didn’t notice how long she has been there on the same spot watching the sunset. She cared less as her world was crumbling like a pack of cards, all the same, she had noticed a black Toyota Tundra pickup packed directly across the street. She wondered who could have parked it there, perhaps one of the expatriates who lived down the street as she toyed with her phone. A couple strolling down the street with their twins of about five years loved up. She chuckled and thought to her miserable self in tears, “I hope Nelson will make me happy like this fortunate woman, I just love this perfect picture...hmnn” she muttered to herself. Sandra looked at her phone and dialed Nelson’s number with some trepidations, “Why not let’s do what we want to do once and for all, time is going, I am not getting any younger". She paused to listen to the person on the other end before continuing the conversation. “Let’s just get married in a month or two or do you want to jilt me?” She moved across the room and settled on the three sitter settee. “You still don’t get it, let’s get this thing straight” She angrily said. “We just have to get married immediately whether you like it or not". She angrily cut off the line, smashing her phone on the beautifully decorated wall of her expensive living abode. “God help me. I am sinking!” She picked one of the throw pillows heaped on the Arabian rug at the center of the sitting room upon which a glass center table took rest and sobbed profusely, endlessly.

To be continued
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
[
CHAPTER TWO

Sandra was lost in thought after the call she made to Nelson. She buried her face in the throw pillow she held in hand with tears streaming down torrentially. Suddenly there was a blackout in her apartment. She wondered how she could be having power outage while the neighborhood has power supply. As she made to see what could have happened to power supply, the door of her sitting room flung open by two mean looking men.

“It is nice to have a date with Sandra Ajayi, the girl with a golden voice!” The taller man said in derisions, pointing a gun at her. She was literally shaking and trembling with a messed thought.

“Please don’t kill me… I beg you in the name of God…please have mercy” was all she could summoned a little courage to plead with fret and total submission. The men were there to carry out their enterprise and nothing seemed not to dissuade them from their sole mission of that evening.

“We are not here to steal or to kill or to destroy. Do you understand?” The other man said mockingly as the taller one burst into hysterical laughter. “Thank you sirs…God will bless you…thank you sir”

Sandra thanked them in desperations as she knelt down searching for a reprieve from their faces. Unfortunately, their souls have been metamorphosed into steel as not a few have fallen from their tools of dead.

“However…I repeat however”
The shorter one said raising his right forefinger up as Sandra was thrown into another panic mode. “However”, he continued, “Sandra Omotoun Ajayi, our task is to punish your act of disobedience. And for your insubordination, this is what you get”, he said with malicious grin.
The taller man shot her on the forehead. She sprawled on the floor bleeding from the shot.

The men hurriedly left. Mission accomplished.
The Toyota Tundra Pickup was making exit from the Jimmy Carter Street, through Lord Lugard Street to connect with Ahmadu Bello Way in Garki as Elim Medical Center ambulance was blasting its siren on to speed toward 24, Jimmy Carter Street. As the ambulance was pulling over, the Police Quick Response Service Team (PQRST) vehicle was pulling over responding to a distress call from an unknown neighbour. Both the police and the medical team sprang into action. They dashed into the building with the stretcher.

The medical team placed the lifeless body on the stretcher while the police team was examining and observing the apartment for possible clue and lead. The lead officer jotted on his notepad.
Sandra’s corpse was carried out on the stretcher into the ambulance. Sympathizers had gathered, littering the street. The ambulance’s siren came alive snaking out the street followed by the police van.

The golden voice is gone. No more sonorous breathtaking renditions from Sandra Omotoun Ajayi. It was a close of era.

To be continued
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
LifeQuest:
[
Nice story.Continue
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
LifeQuest:

I want to suggest we make this thread The Landing Page for Christian Literature Works. It means thread links of works will be pasted here and review can be done here too. This is because it could be difficult to follow stories when their are multiple posts from individuals.

I really don't get you sir.. Do you mean only the links should be posted or something.. Can you please simplify
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
VIRTUOUSWRITES:
Wow! I love this... I'm much interested!
I am a Christian writer and I've written a lot of Christian literature that have gone viral in touching lives... God bless the person that got this idea.

Thank you dear.. I'm glad to hear that you are a writer too.. Please do well to share some of your works here too wink
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
PRE4:
I am a christian writer too.

Good to hear.. I'm expecting your stories too
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
Amicable24:

Good to hear.. I'm expecting your stories too
But how can i post the link here?
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
[quote author=LifeQuest post=91301917][/quote]

Wow, thanks for sharing this with us sir.. I'm so delighted to see this. I'll get back to you whenever I'm through reading it. Thank you once again

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
Amicable24:

I really don't get you sir.. Do you mean only the links should be posted or something.. Can you please simplify

That is my thought. I am just envisaging the clumsiness when you post and someone else posts here at the same time. It could be difficult for those following the thread to enjoy different stories being posted at almost the same time.
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
LifeQuest:

That is my thought. I am just envisaging the clumsiness when you post and someone else posts here at the same time. It could be difficult for those following the thread to enjoy different stories being posted at almost the same time.

Oh! I see. That's a nice suggestion, but my intention of creating the thread is to post full stories here.

Threads like this need so much input in terms of time so as to read through.. I feel posting just links will make some people miss out in some important messages because not everyone will click on all links shared.

Thanks for the suggestion though
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2020
PRE4:

But how can i post the link here?

If you can post the full story here, that's not a problem sir.
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 11:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
LifeQuest:

Hmm, just finished with the story you shared.. Let me reserve my comment until you've completed it though tongue

Thank you

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
CHAPTER THREE

The entire congregation Sandra belonged to was thrown into mourning of no lesser degree. It was a long night since the news broke that she was murdered in her house. That night some members trooped to the church premises to mourn her. Some had trailed her body to the medical center where it was deposited to the morgue pending autopsy. Those who were within church premises resorted to singing heavenly conscious songs they had not sung in a long while. They kept vigil till the dawn. Sandra, to most church members, was a quiet, spirit-filled and greatly talented sister. She was a great encourager and has helped a lot sisters with her great ability to counsel people that has won her respect at her age. It was like wisdom has a permanent residence in her. She was always referred to as sister ‘small but mighty’. She did not keep any close friend but was friendly all her acquaintances. The only person known to be closer to her was Dr. Ruth Jooni. Dr. Ruth had loved Sandra from the first day met and befriended her as younger sister she never had. Not too many people knew they were not related by blood. Who could have killed Sandra was what was on the lips of distraught church members within ranks and files.

At day break, some members had to leave church premises to prepare for work while some poured in to sympathize. condolence registers were opened at some designated places within the church hall. Many were emotions poured on the registers. By afternoon the Board of Ministers of The Street Church where she was a member and staff had convened a meeting following the gruesome assassination Sandra. Tempers ran high with sentiments. The Board was at dilemma to turn in Nelson who has been suspected to have killed his fiancé of about three years. Nelson couldn’t believe what was being said to his face.

Sandra and Nelson had met five years ago as students. Nelson Oyagbaro was a final year anthropology student at the University of Ibadan and a campus pastor, gifted with oratory and seamless delivery of the word of God when preaching. He was truly a young man who truly knew how to craft words that could make his hearers spellbound with his baritone voice. His understanding of the Bible with life applications made him to stand out in his league. Right from his secondary school days, in the second year, he has been exposed to the gospel. He was committed to the things of God that he started functioning in leadership positions of the school fellowship from the third year. He carried on unwavering until he finished his secondary school education and gained admission to the university. One thing has always been on his mind, to serve God and walk in His way. It was this that brought him opportunity to meet Sandra.

Sandra Omotoun Ajayi was a third year student of Microbiology, University of Ilorin when she first met Nelson. It was a meeting of a life that would be cut short by mistrust and betrayal. Sandra was raised by her single mom. She was a love child that never knew her dad. She knew little about her biological father and this made her to seek solace in the heavenly Father, the father of the fatherless. This experience permeated most of the songs she wrote. She had written songs that included, ‘ There's a Day Called Tomorrow', ‘He Who Feeds The Sparrows' and ‘Father’s Outstretched Arms'. Nelson had been invited by Unilorin Christian Fellowship to minister during one of its program. The event was one that the fellowship members would not forget easily. The music was great that evening. Sandra transported the attendees to another realm through worship as the worship leader. The tempo was sustained as Nelson’s baritone voice thundered through the P.A system to bring forth the word of life. Many came out to receive Christ for the first time. There were cult members who openly renounced their memberships. That was the first time they met, although, nothing seemed to have struck their minds about relationship as Sandra was just one of the sisters seated at the choir stand and Nelson, on the podium. However, Nelson took mental note of her as a talented music minister that he may never come across and until they met three years later at Elim Medical Center, Lesotho Crescent, Central Area Abuja.

Sandra had been posted to the FCT for her NYSC year and deployed to serve with Elim Medical Center but was not accepted due to non-availability of vacancy for her. However, her joy knew no bounds to see Nelson for the second time in the space of five days which she considered as furtive. She had actually seen Nelson about five days ago while at NYSC camp in Kubwa. She had led worship that Wednesday but the guest speaker did not arrive in time to minister. When Nelson came in, he was with some security details as customary to some modern pastor of well established community church. Sandra was wowed and was glad to see that handsome man again. It has been three long years they last crossed path from afar. She was not ready to accept that it is better from afar. She was crushing. Of course, she has been crushing the first day but opportunity has always eluded her.

Nelson apologized profusely for coming into the NCCF meeting a bit late blaming it on the ongoing construction work going on Kubwa express way. He delivered the message thrilling them spiritually. He left from the podium. Sandra couldn’t see him because of the many security details attached to him. He saw him entering his exotic Toyota Prado SUV, chauffeured away. She was disappointed, however happy to know that Nelson lived in Abuja where she would be spending the next one year of her life and possibly the rest of her life because of the alluring features of the capital city. Nelson couldn’t know she was in the congregation. The picture of her that he had on his mind was a faded one. Since he joined the staff of The Street Church, one of the fastest growing community churches in the city, he has met quite a number of sisters he could marry but non appealed to him like Sandra whose picture was already faded in his memory. But for Sandra, she had taken time to gather intelligence about the location of the church Nelson was pastoring and vowed to make strategic presence like Ruth if for nothing, just to be a member of The Street Church did.
So that afternoon, at EMC, Nelson had gone to visit a high profiled member of the Church whose wife just put to bed on the instruction of his Senior Pastor. That was how they ran into each other by providence. Nelson noticed the girl in NYSC uniform was all smiles. He had taken her to probably be one of the church members. This was a common happenings. He wouldn’t want to look pompous to church members who held him in highest esteem. He was one Christian who loved to practice what he preached. However, being single not yet married, he was mindful of scandals as well. After exchanging pleasantries, Sandra went on to introduce herself, establishing Unilorin fellowship factor in her introduction. He was glad to have met her again. He commented on her dexterity and her worship leading prowess. He was however sorry for not being able to secure a placement at EMC, the foremost and most expensive private medical center in the city.

Few minutes later, they were together in the church office located on Bishop Ajayi Crowder Drive, Wuse District. Sandra had told him her problem with primary place of assignment (PPA) and other concerns. They bonded immediately, sparking off passion to be together within few hours of meeting, discussing ministry, church and Nigeria’s future outlook in the face of the spate of militancy in the Niger-delta. Sandra agreed to join the church days later as encouraged by Nelson that it will help her find more expression for the gifting of God. He also promised her to talk to the Senior Pastor if she could be given a place to serve within the church while she joined the choir.

Two weeks later, Sandra was surprised to have mouthwatering offer from The Street Church in terms of pay and peck. The offer afforded her a place to do her primary assignment (PPA), accommodation and a car. Sandra did well, leading worship at The Street Church, a 10,000 membership based assembly in the nation’s capital, Abuja. That was how Nelson met Sandra. All of the memories came rushing to him. Of a truth, he had some disagreements with Sandra the day she was killed. He never anticipated it to be the last time he would be speaking with the woman he loved. He had been invited by the Board of the Ministers, the statutory and highest governing body of the Church he worked with as an Assistant Pastor (Admin & Operations) that was considered next to the Senior Pastor and Founder of the Street Church. At the meeting were Bitrus Bako, a retired General from the Nigerian Army; Jude Nwokike, an accomplished real estate magnate; Pastor Dr. (Mrs.) Ruth Jooni, a medical doctor and the wife of the Senior Pastor, Austin Jooni. Nelson was totally at loss. The last 24 hours have been too harrowing for him as he thought deep within only to be jotted into reality by Mo Jooni’s jabbering.

“I never knew you were like this …I used to think you are …oh dear God …I can’t just believe you did this and …you know how much I like you…your dedication to the church… and you know how much she meant to us too, yet, you decided to murder my sister in cold blood, what kind of a human being are you?” Ruth Jooni said amidst tears. Senior Pastor Austin Jooni passed her wife tissue paper to soak in her sobs. He definitely looked grieving too. The death of Sandra seemed to have taken tolls on him and his ministry as he sighed amidst shaking his head a dozen time on impulse.
“This is hard to believe, I hope this is not true of you…Pastor Nelson” General Bitrus Bako said calmly but with somber authority. “No, no … just leave him, see the way he is crying as if he is innocent, am very sure God will not forgive you for this which you have done. I know the two of you were dating but why would you kill her. Both of you were seen together yesterday in her apartment. Less down 2 hours later, she was found dead” Jude Nwokike bloated with anger and disdain, typical of him. “It is very disappointing that you are being fingered in the killing of Sandra”, Pastor Austin Jooni said calmly. “What could have transpired that motivated you for this heinous act…? You are just impossible…”He concluded with demure.
Nelson was greatly agitated. It seemed all fingers were pointing to him as the killer. He tried to use his last lifeline as a defense to wriggle out of the lulu. Yes just one more time to attract sympathy of the members of the Board of Ministers interrogating him. “I didn’t kill her” He said, crying profusely. “How could I have? It was true we had a misunderstanding over an issue and we couldn’t resolved it that afternoon and I left. Later we had a phone conversation on the same issue but could not resolve. Few minutes over I was called to be notified of her death and nothing more” Nelson explained, sniffing.

Ruth Jooni banged the Boardroom table with her fist with so much anger and grieve, losing her temper and raised her voice a bit higher.
“It shouldn’t have been you…I am greatly disappointed …see, let me tell you something, it is not always written on the forehead whether you are a good person or you are a bad person, but I bet it with you that for this which you have done, you will definitely pay for it… yes you will”
Just as Ruth Jooni was calming down, one of the protocol officers attached to the office of the Senior Pastor came to whisper a message to the Senior Pastor Austin Jooni. “Okay ….okay, let them in”He said loudly and he continued. “I have just been told that the men have arrived”

They all sighed. Two detective walked.
“You are welcome and this is the deceased's fiancé who was seen last with her before the murder …you may go with him…its rather painful we lost one to murder and now losing another to detention… I will be right after you Nelson to see how you can be helped…be of good courage” General Bitrus Bako said with his usual candor pointing Nelson to the men from State Criminal Investigation Department. They showed Nelson the way out of the Board room into the waiting police vehicle parked within the Church premises. There were a few church workers and members watching with grieve the unfolding event of the last 24 hours, bring to mind the day Jim Baker was arrested at PTL's Heritage USA.

To be continued
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
Thank you LifeQuest for the story.

@other writers, please keep the stories coming please wink wink

I'll be sharing another in a while..
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
STORY 002
Title: A FALL FROM GRACE

Written by Amicable24

ACT ONE
SCENE ONE
(Kingdom of God Church)

[It’s an afternoon during deliverance session at Kingdom of God’s Church. A group of people in the Prayers and Intercessory department of the church are gathered together praying vigorously over a young boy about twelve years of age who is said to be demon-possessed. As they are praying, the boy began to convulse. The team just continued praying, but from the look of things, they are tired and at the verge of giving up on the boy. Just then, Michael, the leader of the department, signaled to Godwin, one of the team members, to meet him outside while the others kept on praying]

GODWIN: [Just as they both stepped outside the church building.] You called me sir.
MICHAEL: Yes, I did. [He rubs his face with his right palm expressing worry] Eeerm, I think we are losing the boy. We’ve been praying for over three hours now but he keeps convulsing.

GODWIN: You’re right sir. [He looks away] If only Pastor Bode was here
MICHAEL: Yes! You know what’s on my mind. I want you to go to his house and plead with him to come here immediately.
GODWIN: But sir, he just returned from camp early this morning after spending about two weeks there. He should be resting by now and I don’t think it will be nice to disturb him

MICHAEL: Brother Godwin… [He points towards the church where the other prayer members are gathered] Can’t you see the matter on ground? We need brother Bode’s gift of healing and deliverance now since we can’t handle it on our own; or have you quickly forgotten how Jesus Christ was called upon to rescue a situation His disciples couldn’t handle in the book of Matthew chapter seventeen verses fourteen to twenty-one? Don’t let that boy’s parents to be disappointed and mock us for not being able to deliver their son from the demon possessing him. Now, run quickly to brother Bode’s house and tell him to come with you immediately that this is urgent. Run now!

GODWIN: Okay sir [he runs to Bode’s house]

[Few minutes later, Pastor Bode, who is the Church’s assistant pastor, Prayer Coordinator and a very close friend of Michael, is seen running into the church with his Bible in his hand as Godwin runs after him. He gets close to the team who are relieved as they see him. He observes the boy, who just looks at him angrily while sitting on the floor]

BODE: [Walks round the boy, still observing him. He hands his Bible to one of the team members and places his hands on the boy’s head, holding him down as he tries to be aggressive. Then he prays…] In the power in the Name of Jesus Christ, I command you unclean spirit to leave this body now! Leave!! In Jesus’ Name
THE PRAYER TEAM: Amen!
[The boy lay on the floor shaking]

BODE: Thank You Jesus. [He squats close to the boy and places his right hand on his head] Peace, be still. You are healed in Jesus’ Name. The boy stops shaking, Bode lifts him up and hands him to the team] He is well now.
MICHAEL: Thank You Jesus. [He moves closer to the boy and asks him…] Boluwatife, how are you?

BOLUWATIFE: I’m fine sir

MICHAEL: [Waves his hand to express thanksgiving to God] Oh! Thank You Lord. [He hands the boy to one of the sisters in the team] Sister Kate, please take him to his parents.
KATE: Alright sir. [She held Boluwatife and they both walk out]

...Continues shortly...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
SCENE TWO (In a Street)

[Moments later on a street, after the deliverance. Michael is seen walking with Bode. They are having a conversation as they walk]
MICHAEL: My Pastor [he smiles happily], thank you once again for saving us from that situation. Could you believe that we’ve been praying for more than three hours before you arrived with no positive result?
BODE: Brother Michael, why are you sounding like I healed the boy by my own power? Let’s give all glory to Jesus for delivering the boy

MICHAEL: You’re right Brother Bode. God be praised. We are indeed very sorry for calling you to come over in a short notice despite the fact that you just returned from camp and should be resting.
BODE: That’s not a problem Brother Mike. I think the Lord wanted me to come over at that particular time. I have been trying to catch some sleep since I returned but couldn’t before I heard Godwin knocking and calling my name. From the sound of his voice, I already knew it was urgent. So, before I opened the door, I quickly dressed up, picked up my Bible and went to meet him

MICHAEL: You really did well. I wish God can give me the kind of grace and gift that you have. You know, like the case of Elijah and Elisha [he chuckles]
BODE: [Laughs gently] Are you now envious of my gift, brother Michael?
MICHAEL: No o, not at all. But it won’t be a bad idea if I have it [they both laugh]. God has really used you to rescue us out of several situations which we couldn’t handle. I thank God for you brother Bode

[They continue with the conversation as they walk. Scene fades]

SCENE THREE (At Bode’s House)

[Bode is at home in his sitting room with his wife, Shola, relaxing this Saturday evening. He is reading through a newspaper while Shola’s is watching a program on television].
SHOLA: [Looks at her husband in admiration] Honey, I really thank God for all the wonderful things He is doing for us in this family and in the church. Look at how God has been using you to work great miracles and healing in the lives of many people. You healed mummy Victor of the pains she has been having in her stomach for many months; you prayed for brother Lucky who has been looking for a good job in a long time and he got one; You prayed for Wale and his wife who have been barren for five years after marriage and she conceived; and just yesterday, you delivered a young boy who is demon possessed even after the other prayer warriors couldn’t deliver him.
BODE: [Cuts in] Shola?! Haba!! Look at the way you are sounding like it’s by my power all those things happened.

SHOLA: My dear, I know it’s by the power and grace of God that you were able to do all that, but one mustn’t fail to appreciate the vessel whom God has used to carry out the work.
BODE: Eeehn, but the way you just said it looked as if I am doing it in my own effort. You even had to bring in yesterday’s issue by saying other prayer warriors couldn’t deliver the boy. That’s not right at all.

SHOLA: What’s not right Bode? I just said the truth. If they were able to deliver the boy, why did Godwin rush down here to call you saying it’s very urgent? Something must be wrong with them somewhere. Maybe a secret sin or something, only God knows?
BODE: I’m not going to have this conversation with you. [He folds up the newspaper he is holding and stands up] All that I want you to know is that in our service to God, we need one another for the ministry to move forward. They needed me yesterday and called for me. My joy is that God healed the boy and delivered him from the demon that has been tormenting him and I give God all the glory for that. Don’t go about praising me like it was by my power and don’t you ever talk down on others in that manner again [he turns to leave the sitting room]

SHOLA: [Stands up to apologize to him] [/i]Okay dear, I’m sorry for sounding that way. It was a slip of the tongue. Dear I said I’m sorry.
BODE: [i][Stops and turns to her]
Just don’t do it again okay?
SHOLA: [She nods her head in affirmation] Aaargn aaargn, are you angry at me? [She moves closer to him and hugs him] I said I’m sorry now, please forgive me, pleeeeaaaaasee…

BODE: Alright, I have. I just don’t like it when you talk that way. You are a woman of God, a Pastor’s wife, so you should live and act like one. Promise me you’ll never say such again.
SHOLA: I promise [she tickles and plays with him. Scene fades]

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
SCENE FOUR (On a Street)

[Bode is seen walking alone one evening. As he walked, he gently sang a worship song. Suddenly, two sisters, Aanu and Funmi, ran after him shouting his name from afar]

BOTH SISTERS: Pastor Bode! Pastor Bode!! [They keep calling and running after him]

[Bode hears his name and stops, looking surprised to see the two sisters running towards him]
BODE: [Surprised at the urgency in the tone of their voices] Yes? [He moves towards them] What is the matter?
AANU: [Panting as a result of the long run] Good evening sir
BODE: [Looks worried] Yes, good evening. Please calm down and tell me what the matter is

FUNMI: [Also panting] Sir, it’s our mum
BODE: Okay, what about her?
FUNMI: She slumped some moments ago and has been rushed to a nearby hospital. We’ve been sent to look for you and bring you to the hospital so that you can pray for her sir.
BODE: Where is the hospital?

AANU: It’s just a street away from our church.
BODE: Okay, let’s go. [He runs with them to the hospital]

[Later that same day, Bode is seen walking home after he had been to the hospital. He speaks in his mind as he walks]

BODE: Thank You Lord for delivering that woman from the point of death. [He sighs and thinks deeply] But why couldn’t the prayers of the clergy men there bring her back to normalcy? Must these people always call me into their every problem, like I’m the only one God hears and answers his prayers? My wife, Shola, must be right when she said something is wrong somewhere. Could it be that God doesn’t hear their prayers because of their wayward lifestyle or probably a secret sin they are indulging in? Even Michael who is the leader of the Prayers and Intercessory Department often calls me in situations that they can’t handle. There must be something wrong with Michael and the others. They must be indulging in one secret sin or the other and that is why God doesn’t answer him when he prays concerning some difficult situations. Anyway, that’s their business. Let them keep calling me to rescue them while I keep moving higher. [He continues soliloquizing as scene fades]

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
SCENE FIVE (At Pastor Bode’s Office in the Church)

[Bode is seen in his office one day having a conversation with Michael, the leader of the Prayers and Intercessory Department of the church]

MICHAEL: My Pastor, I am forever grateful to God for having someone like you in our midst. You are a genuine and anointed man of God who has the power of the Almighty all over him. Since our days in Theological school where we first met, I’ve always known you as an outstanding individual, one full of grace.
BODE: Thank you brother Mike, it is the Lord’s doing.
MICHAEL: Indeed, it is the Lord’s doing.
BODE: Yes, and you can even become like me or even do better
MICHAEL: Hmm, I pray so o.

BODE: It’s not a matter of just praying o, Michael. You see, you need to go to God and confess every secret sin you have been committing so that He can forgive you and empower you to be just like me.
MICHAEL: [Looks surprised] Eeerm, sorry brother Bode, I don’t understand what you’re driving at.
BODE: Look here Michael, don’t even pretend. I have examined you and the others and noticed that it can only be a secret sin that has hindered you from enjoying God’s free gift of healing.

MICHAEL: [Shocked to hear that] Bode! Are you saying I have a secret sin which has hindered me from enjoying… Oh my God!
BODE: Yes Michael, it is only sin that can separate man from God. Okay, let me refresh your memory [he takes his Bible from the table and opens it]. Listen brother Michael, the Bible says in Isaiah chapter fifty-nine verses one and two that the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, neither is His ear heavy that it cannot hear, but your iniquities, did you hear that Michael, [he repeats it loudly] your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hid His face from you that He will not hear [he drops the Bible on his table and looks at Michael with a stern face]
MICHAEL: [Gets up and stares at Bode, still surprised at his words] Brother Bode!! I can’t believe you are the one saying this. Why have you allowed Satan to have his way into your life through the sin of pride?

BODE: Pride? I’m not proud brother Michael; I’m only telling you the truth here. Go back to God and confess all your secret sins to him so that He can forgive you and empower you to heal the sick, raise the dead and deliver demons, just like I do. You people are placing so much burden on me calling me to come to your rescue even at odd hours, honestly I’m tired of all that. Isn’t God’s grace free anymore? Confess and forsake your sins to God so that He can have mercy on you and restore you with the power and gift of healing.
MICHAEL: [Shakes his head sorrowfully] May God have mercy on you brother Bode [he turns and leaves the office].
BODE: [Speaking to Michael as he makes his way out of his office] Michael, you need that mercy more than I do. I just revealed a simple truth to you, the best you should do is seek the face of God and ask for His mercy, not this attitude you’re displaying [he hisses and arranges the books on his table. Scene fades]

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
SCENE SIX (At Bode’s House)

[It’s six o’clock in the morning inside Bode’s bedroom and he is still in bed with his wife, Shola, when the alarm clock starts ringing. They both wake up and said their morning prayers]

SHOLA: [Immediately after the devotion] Honey, I’m not feeling too well. I think I have a fever.
BODE: Fever? [He places his hand on his wife’s head and says a simple prayer, rebuking the fever; after which he tells her...] Dear, you are healed okay?
SHOLA: Amen
BODE: Just get some rest, you still have about an hour to prepare for work. I have to rush to the office now, we have a very important meeting this morning. You are healed already [he gets up to prepare for the meeting]

[Later in the evening, Bode returns from office and enters his room. He finds his wife still in bed]

BODE: [He drops his briefcase and walks to the bed where his wife lay]. Honey, what’s the matter? [He examines her body] Have you been sleeping all day? I tried calling you severally but your lines are switched off. You left me worried.
SHOLA: [Talks faintly] Dear, after you left, I tried to prepare for work too but the fever held me down.
BODE: Fever? The same fever I already rebuked in the morning?

SHOLA: [Nods in affirmation]. I have been in bed all day and have been waiting for you to return so that you can take me to the hospital. I was too weak to even get my phone on the table. It has been switched off since last night. We need to go to the hospital
BODE: Hospital? [He checks his wife’s temperature with his hand] Your temperature is quite high, but it’s not a matter of hospital [he takes off his tie and folds the sleeves of his shirt]. My dear, you need divine healing. This is something I do for other people and you are no exception. Let me pray for you [he holds her hands], I believe after the prayers you will be fine, okay?
SHOLA: Alright dear.

BODE: [He prays] Father in the Name of Jesus, I thank you for my wife for I know and believe you have healed her already. If I be a man of God, I prophesy total healing on this body right now in Jesus’ Name
SHOLA: [Still talking faintly] Amen
BODE: It is well dear; you are healed, so cheer up [he smiles]. Let me go freshen up. By the way, have you had anything?

SHOLA: No, I’m not hungry
BODE: No dear, you’ll have to eat something. You are very weak because you’ve not had anything since morning. Just give me few minutes to freshen up and get us something to eat. I’ll be back [he gets up and unbuttons his shirt. Scene fades]

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
SCENE SEVEN (Three days later in a hospital)

[Bode is seen praying tearfully beside his ailing wife]

BODE: Lord, what is happening to my wife? You’ve never allowed me to be in this kind of situation before where I will pray for a sick person and the person won’t receive healing. Lord, why Shola? It’s been three days now but she’s not getting any better, Lord why? Please if she has sinned in any way to deserve this, I ask for your mercy Lord. I have prayed for many sick people even with worse conditions and they received healing, why is Shola’s case different? Please have mercy on us Lord.

[At night still in the hospital, Bode is seen sleeping in a chair close to his wife. Then he has a dream where he is seen boasting of his power to deliver souls from demonic attacks and all kinds of illnesses. Then an angel appears to him in the dream and tells him how he has fallen from grace and is now moving in his own strength. The angel reveals to him that he doesn’t give God all the glory anymore, which is why he has been unable to heal his wife of a simple fever which has degenerated into something else. The angel tells him that the Lord is using the condition of his wife to warn him to desist from the sin of pride. The angel also tells him to go back to his Source and ask for mercy so that he can be renewed with strength, because without his Source, he can do nothing; referencing John 15:5 and James 4:6-7]

BODE: [Wakes up suddenly from sleep in the middle of the night, meditates on the dream and feels very sorry; then he prays sorrowfully…] Thank You Jesus for the revelation. Indeed, I have fallen from grace into the sin of pride. I have boasted of my powers to heal the sick, raise the dead, deliver souls and all that like it was by my power and not by God’s free grace. [He kneels on the floor close to his wife] Please forgive me Lord and help me to sin no more. Hear my prayers Lord. Please look upon my wife and heal her in the power of your mighty Name. Please have mercy on me, O Lord, in Jesus Name, Amen. [Scene fades].

...Continues shortly...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Novels Or Novel Adapted Films: Which Do You Prefer? / The Big Mermaid (an Afro fantasy /sci-fi Short Story) / The Girl In The Brothel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.