Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) (2979 Views)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
SCENE EIGHT (In one of the Church’s Meeting Room)

[Bode is seen with about five other heads in the Church including Michael. They are having a meeting]

BODE: [Talks calmly to the others] Fellow brethren, the Lord has indeed opened my eyes to see how deep I have fallen into the sin of pride. I was busy pointing accusing fingers on you all thinking that your sins are the cause of your prayers not answered during healing and deliverance sessions. Now, I have come to the realization that it is very wrong to lay false claims on anyone. Please brethren, you all have to forgive me, especially you, brother Mike [he looks at Michael who just nods his head]. Please forgive me and pray for my wife and I. The Lord used a simple fever to humble me and made me unable to heal her just as the Lord helped me to heal others in the past. I have truly learned a lesson from this. Please brethren, brother Mike, [Bode kneels as he faces them], forgive me and pray for my wife’s healing. The Lord has told me to confess my sins to you so that you can pray for me and for my wife’s healing. Please forgive me [he weeps while still kneeling]

MICHAEL: [Stands up and walks close to him, placing his hands on Bode’s shoulders] It’s okay brother Bode. I have forgiven you long ago and I have nothing against you, honestly. [He beckons on the others to stand up in prayers for Bode, and then he continues…] Brother Bode, we thank the Lord for showing you mercy and bringing you back to Him, for the Bible says in the book of Proverbs chapter twenty-eight verse thirteen that he who covers his sins will not prosper, but he that confesses and forsakes them will have mercy. We also thank God for using your wife’s case to humble you and make you acknowledge your errors. Even as you have confessed your sins before us, we pray that the Almighty God forgive you and in Jesus’ Name
ALL: Amen!

MICHAEL: [Continues praying] And as for your wife, Shola, we pray for her too that the Lord will have mercy on her and heal her speedily in Jesus’ Name
ALL: Amen!!
MICHAEL: It is well with your soul brother Bode, and we destroy every evil work of Satan against you, your household and your ministry in Jesus’ Name
ALL: Amen!!!

MICHAEL: [Waves his hand in appreciation to God] Thank You Jesus, thank You Lord for I know that you have heard and answered us already. All glory be to Your Holy name forevermore. [He lifts Bode up and assures him…] Bode, your wife is well already. Go and take her home
BODE: Thank you sir [he hugs him and then looks at the others in appreciation], thank you so much [he hugs them too then runs to the hospital to take his wife home as prophesied by Michael. Scene fades]

THE END!
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Moral Lesson from the story (A Fall From Grace)

Don't let pride overtake you when you have the ability to do what others can't do and don't falsely accuse anyone, instead pray for them. Remember to always give God the glory for His free gift of grace upon your life.
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Very Inspiring...Thank you sir
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Do well to send in your comments, literary criticisms and/or commendation.

Thank you
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
PRE4:
Very Inspiring...Thank you sir

You're welcome sir... I'm still waiting for yours o cheesy
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
LifeQuest:

Hmmm, this your story is deep!

But why's everyone pointing accusing fingers at Nelson just because he was last seen with Sandra??

Who killed Sandra Omotoun Ajayi lipsrsealed

Sir, please continue with the story o.. I want to know where this suspense is heading to grin grin One more thing, I noticed some typographical errors here and there.. Please work on that sir. Thank you
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
@VIRTUOUSWRITES where art thou? I'm expecting your stories oo
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 9:31am On Jul 06, 2020
Amicable24:

Hmmm, this your story is deep!

But why's everyone pointing accusing fingers at Nelson just because he was last seen with Sandra??

Who killed Sandra Omotoun Ajayi lipsrsealed

Sir, please continue with the story o.. I want to know where this suspense is heading to grin grin One more thing, I noticed some typographical errors here and there.. Please work on that sir. Thank you

Oops! The typo? Hmnnn. Well I will try to update today. Hope I will be forgiven if there are typo again. Blessed day.

* SIN is SIN...it destroys dreams of beautiful future especially sexual SIN in any form*

Who killed Sandra? Why was she killed? The story continues...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
Amicable24:
@VIRTUOUSWRITES where art thou? I'm expecting your stories oo

Chapter Three

Few days after Nelson was detained in Federal Capital Territory Police Command, he was substantively charged to Municipal Magistrate Court 10 with Vera Arobadi as the judge. If there was any magistrate within the Abuja Municipal anyone wouldn’t like to appear before, it must be Mrs. Vera Arobadi. She was a fearless and uncompromising judge. There were many myths surrounding Magistrate Vera Arobadi. Story making round the town was that she had witnessed so much injustice meted against her hapless parents while growing up. Of course there were stories about sexual and physical abuses she faced as a teenage girl, the result of her past terrible experience, was now the unrepentant feminist she became. Vera Arobadi was one tough judge, difficult to buy out. Kuje and Keffi prisons were her choice places to send convicts and accused. Bail applications were rare commodity to get from her. Many lawyers hated to be in her court.

Nelson was in the dock sweating profusely as the fierce Magistrate Vera Arobadi raised up her head, adjusted her very thick eye glasses, and signaled to the Prosecuting Counsel Isiakku Gumi, a vengeance seeking police officer. The combination of the magistrate and the prosecutor seemed to be a sealed conspiracy of circumstance for Nelson as he thought deep within himself only to be jolted out of thought when he heard the judge talking to the prosecutor. “Go on, Prosecuting counsel” She said without looking up except for her gesticulating left hand which she was writing with. “Thank your lordship” Isiakku Gumi said and turned to face Nelson who was in the dock
“Nelson Oyagbaro, for how many years did you and the deceased date?” “About three years”
Nelson said falteringly. “Prior to her death, have you two ever slept together…I mean… had sexual relationship?” Isiakku asked Nelson.

At this point Nelson was deeply ashamed of himself. There in the courtroom were the people he had led to Christ and discipled in Christian faith. Those who have been blessed of the Grace of God upon his life, tens of people who have sent words of encouragement to him while at the police station with show of solidarity, some of the church members of the most popularly assembly in the nation’s capital, The Street Church. Nelson couldn’t say anything. He was tongue-tied. “I put it to you again, Mr. Nelson, prior to Sandra’s death, did you two ever had sex?
Nelson had to give answer. He had been warned by his counsel not to do anything that will get Magistrate Vera Arobadi angry. He thus answered truthfully with element of regret in his tone. “Yes”. Just as Nelson had anticipated, the looks on the people said it all; their disappointments to the realization of the fact that he was sleeping with Sandra. He could not bring himself to look at their faces anymore. He was subdued. “Like how many times?” Isiakku Gumi continued. However, Nelson’s counsel and a bosom friend, Barrister Tunde Medutoni objected. Nelson sighed with a relief. “Objection, my lord!”

It did not take the Magistrate time to respond to the chagrin of the people in the courtroom, including bewildered and subdued Barrister Tunde Medutoni.

“Objection overruled! Magistrate Arobadi gracefully pointed to the Prosecuting Counsel.
“You may go on”.

“Thank you, your lordship” Isiakku bent his head slightly in veneration and continued the cross examination. "So, Mr. Nelson, like how many times did you sleep with her? He asked again. Nelson, sensing there was no more dignity to display, started loosening up to answer to his manly best. “I can’t tell”, Nelson replied.

“Meaning you both have been having sexual activities in your relationship often and often?”
He deliberately dragged the last word, ‘often’ in derision, thereby making mockery of the accused in the dock. Nelson summoned courage and managed to answer, although with some trepidation, " yes ".

“When last did you have sex with the deceased?”
Prosecuting counsel continued. Nelson who was at this point nervous was sweating. He didn’t know the direction the pendulum would swing, albeit, he was determined to be truthful throughout the court sessions. He was more determined to lay bare before God he has come to know since early teenage years.

“I don’t know.”
“This Year?”
Isiakku pressed him further to which he answered in affirmation.
“Yes”

“My Lord, according to the statement the accused made at the Police station, he said the day Ms. Sandra Omotoun Ajayi was assassinated they had a phone conversation that degenerated into hot argument. The issue discussed bothered on their strained relationship and about getting married soon. The deceased wanted them to have their wedding within few weeks while he was not ready for the wedding within weeks. My lord, after the phone conversation, the accused here sent the deceased sms thus ‘If you are not going to agree with me, then I have my own way of doing things’. This message came in to the phone of the deceased on the Wednesday, 24th of February, 2010 as at exactly 4:55 pm and the deceased was confirmed dead on that same at 6:19 pm which means that…”

Isiakku was about submitting when the defense counsel raised objection.
“Objection my lord!”
Barrister Tunde Sanda bemoaned with anxiety for his client’s sake. However, Magistrate Vera Arobadi was no deterred.
“Objection overruled”
Magistrate Vera said without looking up from what she was writing.
“Prosecuting Counsel, go on”, she said to the disappointment of Barrister Tunde, Nelson and a few others in the courtroom.

“Thank you my lord, it means the accused may be responsible for the death of the deceased. Also, it was confirmed medically that the deceased died with a three week pregnancy. The accused also confessed here that he and the deceased were engaged in sex prior to her assassination, definitely it must have been because of the pregnancy that the accused here murdered his fiancée so that his image will not be tarnished. I rest my case”, Isiakku finally submitted and gracefully took his seat.

To the average mind, it was a nail on the coffin, sealing a death sentence for Nelson. He was so much in confusion. He cursed within his breath the day he met Sandra and offered to be a Good Samaritan. He cursed the day he asked her out. He regretted all that had to do with Sandra Omotoun Ajayi. He was in pensive mood only to be jolted by the question asked by the judge.

“Defense Counsel, do you have anything to say?”
Tunde braced up to defend his client, friend and of course, his benefactor. He was ready to do everything possible to help Nelson though he was not certain what will be outcome. He had had private conversation with Nelson a day before his arraignment in the court. The case is just dicey. He couldn’t tell whether Nelson told him the truth he needed to know or not. He was sure Nelson wouldn’t have killed Sandra.
“Thank you my lord. I stand before this honourable court to say, some parts of what the prosecuting counsel here have said are untruth. The fact that my client and the deceased who was his fiancée used to have sex does not guarantee my client is responsible for the pregnancy the deceased was carrying and …”
He was still saying when the prosecuting counsel raised objection.
“Objection my lord!”

To the bewilderment of all, the objection was sustained by the Magistrate. Tunde didn’t see it coming. He was disappointed but tried as much as possible to hide his feelings of disappointment. It was really a lucky day for the prosecuting Counsel Isiakku Gumi as things were going his way. He had anticipated having the case in his way to score more points as leverage for promotion. “I think there is need to substantiate the evidence that he is innocent. That will be all, my lord”, Isiakku submitted and took his seat.

Magistrate Vera Arobadi looked up and adjusted her glasses. It was time to address the court in session. “The defense counsel, I can see that you have no proof to defend the accused, instead, you are trying to prove what is not necessary. It will be proper to do your homework before coming to defend anyone in this court. I hereby adjourn this case till 13th April, 2010. Both the defense counsel and the prosecuting counsel should check your diary.”

Isiakku and Tunde quickly checked their diary and communicated the judge through her clerk for confirmation and approval. “The case is adjourned to 13th April, 2010 while the accused be remanded in the prison, I rise!”

That was it. That was the end of the hearing that day. Nelson was taken back to Kuje Prison. He was sad, very sad. He was already losing sympathy of people that held him in high esteem. The leadership of The Street Church was terribly disappointed. Pastor and Dr. Mrs Jooni had promised to secure his bail at the first hearing of the bail application which was denied by Magistrate Arobadi.
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
LifeQuest:

Say NO to premarital sex.

Who killed Sandra?

Story continues
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
LifeQuest:

Oops! The typo? Hmnnn. Well I will try to update today. Hope I will be forgiven if there are typo again. Blessed day.

* SIN is SIN...it destroys dreams of beautiful future especially sexual SIN in any form*

Who killed Sandra? Why was she killed? The story continues...

You're forgiven Sir! Nobody is above mistakes na..

E be like say we go change your story name to "Who killed Sandra" grin grin grin

Thank you for sharing the story.. Let me read through the one you shared today
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 12:15am On Jul 07, 2020
LifeQuest:

Hmmm, this is getting interesting and suspense filled. Isiakku and Vera Arobadi added just spiced it up the more.

I must commend your diction and style of writing.

Again, I think you need to proofread before posting. I could see a bit of mix up with the names on two occasions.

Thank you for sharing sir, I'm earnestly expecting the other parts wink

Who killed Sandra Omotoun Ajayi
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2020
Amicable24:

Hmmm, this is getting interesting and suspense filled. Isiakku and Vera Arobadi added just spiced it up the more.

I must commend your diction and style of writing.

Again, I think you need to proofread before posting. I could see a bit of mix up with the names on two occasions.

Thank you for sharing sir, I'm earnestly expecting the other parts wink

Who killed Sandra Omotoun Ajayi

It is actually an abridged version of the novel I am writing

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by LifeQuest(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
LifeQuest:

I hope to drop the concluding part before the week runs out
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 10:39am On Jul 09, 2020
LifeQuest:

Whaoooo shocked shocked It's actually a book..

Thank you so much for sharing with us..

You can also give out links/sites on how to get the book (and the price too)

Waiting for the concluding parts wink
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by SheWrites(f): 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
Good initiative...
Am a Christian Author too *hugs&kisses*

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Zara20(f): 9:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
pride bring downfall.humble urself therefore unto the Lord amd he shall exalt u in due time

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
Zara20:
pride bring downfall.humble urself therefore unto the Lord and he shall exalt u in due time

You're right sis, humility is a virtue. God resists the proud but give grace to the humble wink
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2020
SheWrites:
Good initiative...

Am a Christian Author too *hugs&kisses*

Oh yeaaaaaaaah grin grin grin What you waiting for, send your stories in asap wink
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
STORY 003
TITLE: NEVER AGAIN (Part One)

Written by Amicable24

It’s a funeral service at St. Bartholomew’s Church of one of its senior pastors, Pastor Kennedy Odili fondly called Pastor Kay. There in the church, with Pastor Kay’s body enclosed in a golden-brown casket, Reverend Dr. Dele Matthew, a reverend in the church, is giving a renowned funeral sermon reminding those assembled for the funeral that anyone who has passed on in faith, just like Pastor Kay, will have eternal life with Christ. Right in front of Reverend Dele, in the very front row of the pew, is Mrs. Odili crying uncontrollably for the loss of her husband and is being surrounded by about three women from the church consoling her. As Mrs. Odili wept, her two children, Kate and Junior, being about six and three years respectively, sat right there with her crying, knowing little or nothing about what has happened.

The atmosphere in the church is one of grief for the bereaved and everyone seems to mourn sorrowfully for Pastor Kay’s demise except for Rose, a twenty year old young lady, who lives with the Odilis as a house help. She just sat there, alone in one of the pews at the back row, all by herself with a lot running through her mind - ‘Thank God he’s gone forever’, she says inwardly; ‘Just look at how these people are wasting their tears for a monster who doesn’t deserve it’. Occasionally, she feigned a sorrowful look when anyone looks her way, but deep inside of her is a mix of joy and resentment for the demise.

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
(NEVER AGAIN) Continues...

As the sermon proceeded, Rose began to recapture the past of how she came and has been living with the Odilis. She was nine years old when she was brought from the village to live with the Odilis in the city who just got married at that time. In the first three years of her stay at the Odilis, things went well for her and the couple treated her like their own child seeing they had no child of their own then. When Rose turned thirteen, Mrs. Odili conceived after about three years of marriage. Since then, things began to gradually turn sour for Rose as she was no longer treated like a daughter to the couple but a maid that she is. The would-be parents were so excited about the pregnancy that they cared less of Rose’s wellbeing. In fact, things got worse when Mrs. Odili got a promotion in her work place just six months after she gave birth to her first child Kate. Her job became so demanding that she hardly had the time for her husband and little Kate. As a teenager, Rose was saddled with the responsibility of caring for the baby and Pastor Kay whenever Mrs. Odili is away.

Stressed from work, Mrs. Odili often came back home and transferred her aggression to poor Rose who must have been working all day caring for little Kate and Pastor Kay who comes home early each day after work. Mrs. Odili wouldn’t hesitate to hit Rose with any available object close to her at little provocation. Rose began to be displeased in her sight as whatever Rose did, she must find errors in it. Even when Pastor Kay tried to talk to his wife about her attitude towards Rose, she wouldn’t listen; she will rather accuse her husband of being a hypocrite seeing he also inflicts injuries on Rose whenever he is provoked. Rose turned out to be the punch bag which the couple turned to in order to vent all their anger upon.

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2020

Rose was both physically and emotionally abused by the Odilis whom people from the church and environs held in high esteem. They saw the Odilis as a calm, peace loving and God fearing couple who wouldn’t hurt a fly. Very few had their doubts about the Odilis, especially after seeing injuries inflicted on their house help, but they wouldn’t say a word about it because the Odilis were highly respected in church and in the society. In fact, to most people, Pastor Kay is such a nice man with a wife who has a heart of gold. Well, that is what the Odilis portrayed themselves to be but Rose knew them to be monsters, wolves in sheep clothing, nothing near to godly. After each assault meted out on Rose by the Odilis, she was threatened by the couple never to say anything that will tarnish their image to anyone who comes visiting or outside the house. They encouraged her to tell lies about the injuries she got from the ill treatment otherwise they will either kill her or send her back to her poor village to wallow in poverty. Rose dreaded the thought of dying or going back to her village, so she made up her mind to live by the rules of Pastor Kay and his wife without saying anything that will dent the couple’s image. She endured all emotional and physical abuse inflicted on her by the couple and wouldn’t open up to all those asking about the injuries on her body. She even began to keep to herself so as to avoid those always prying into her private life and her stay with the Odilis. People saw her as a weirdo; even her friends dissociated from her not knowing that she had a lot that she was passing through. Some of the members of their church even thought that Rose must have been possessed with some evil spirits who want to bring down the wonderful and peace loving Pastor Kay.

When the Odili’s daughter, Kate, turned two, Rose being sixteen, Mrs. Odili conceived again. She had pregnancy complications at some points which made her spend the little time she would have spent at home after work in the hospital. Her absence began to be felt in the house and she was encouraged by her husband, Pastor Kay, to quit her job so that she can ease the stress on herself and have her baby successfully, but she wouldn’t heed to that advice. She has worked so many years to attain the level at which she is in her workplace and was just few steps to clinch the top managerial role. She chose her career over her home because she saw many benefits that will come with her attaining the top spot in her workplace. ‘This is surely not the time to quit this job’, she often tells her husband; ‘We will scale through this, okay? Let the baby we are expecting not be a hindrance to something I have worked so hard to achieve’. Mrs. Odili often has a way of making her husband to agree to her demands and she got this too. At times, the job required her to travel outside the country to attend conferences where she will be representing her organization for weeks.

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2020

Rose will never forget an occasion when Mrs. Odili was far away from home attending a conference abroad. She was at home that Saturday with Pastor Kay and little Kate who was about two years of age at that time. Pastor Kay gave her some of his clothes to wash and iron and while she was ironing one of the shirts, it got burnt. When Rose took the shirt to him to plead and apologize for her error, Pastor Kay grabbed her by her hair back to where the iron was which Rose had already unplugged from the power source, but the iron was still very hot. Pastor Kay, without flinching, raised the hot iron from the table and burnt Rose’s left arm with it which has left an ugly scar on that arm till date. She cried out her eyes that day and still got some punches from Pastor Kay who ordered her to shut her mouth up in order not to attract the neighbours with her outcry. That day, Rose made up her mind to return to her village which she dreaded so much. She had left her poor village with the hope of making it big in the city before returning, but now, the hope has been dashed. She preferred to return to her poor widowed mother and her siblings to suffer hunger and hardship instead of this ill treatment she’s getting from her supposed caregivers. She made up her mind to communicate this decision with Mrs. Odili once she returns from her trip.

Two days after the incident, at about 4:30p.m, Mrs. Odili returned home in the company of her friends, associates and members of their church who came to welcome her. Rose was locked up in her room by Pastor Kay due to the wound on her arm which was still very noticeable. She was warned never to make any noise until all the guests had left. Rose just used the opportunity to pack all her belongings together deciding to leave the house the next morning whether the Odilis like it or not. Some hours later, after all the guests had gone, at about 7:45p.m, Pastor Kay unlocked the door to Rose’s room, opened it and saw her sitting quietly staring at the floor. ‘Go and clean up the sitting room, it’s in a mess right now’, Pastor Kay ordered her; ‘and be fast with it so you can make dinner because I’m so hungry’, he said and left, leaving the door opened. Rose stood up and went downstairs to the sitting room to clean it up. While she was at it, Mrs. Odili came by to pick up her mobile phone which she left on the couch.

‘Good evening ma, welcome back home ma’, said Rose.

Mrs. Odili looked at Rose with disgust, her protruding stomach evident that she’s in her trimester. ‘Rose, my husband told me of all the nonsense you have been doing while I was away. I can see your stupidity is becoming too much right?’

‘I’m sorry ma’, Rose responded as she stood still, slightly exposing her left arm for Mrs. Odili to notice the wound, hoping to get a sympathy for the ill treatment meted on her by her husband.

‘Oh! That?’ Mrs. Odili said as she pointed at the wounded arm, ‘My husband already told me about that too. You are just lucky it wasn’t my cloth you got burnt, if not, I would have used the hot iron all over your face, stupid girl!’ she said as she picked up her phone and left the sitting room.

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2020

Rose stood still, crying bitterly, regretting the day she accepted to live with these monsters. She managed to finish up with the cleaning and also arranged dinner. As she set the table, Mrs. Odili was in the sitting room watching T.V while Pastor Kay was in his room.
Rose said inwardly while she set the table, ‘I have to tell her about my decision now that she’s here. I’m leaving this house tomorrow morning. I can’t spend another night here; this must be my last night in this house. Let me quickly tell her before her husband comes out to complicate things’. When she was through, she walked into the sitting room to inform Mrs. Odili.

‘The food is ready ma’, said Rose

‘Okay, have you informed my husband?’

‘I will ma’, Rose responded then walked closer to Mrs. Odili.

‘Rose! Are you okay? I said you should go and inform my husband that the table is set’, Mrs. Odili yelled at her.

‘I will do so ma’, Rose said feeling jittery, ‘I just want to tell you something ma’

‘You want to tell me something?’ Mrs. Odili asked wondering what Rose wanted to tell her. ‘Okay, I’m all ears Rose, what is it?’

Eeerm, ma… please ma… I want to… I want to…’

‘Rose, you want to… what? What are you saying’, Mrs. Odili demanded.

‘Ma, please, I want to… to go back home to my people in the village tomorrow ma’.

Mrs. Odili paused for a while, thinking about this request from her house help. She never thought Rose will ever want to return to her poor village. She had often made mockery of Rose’s background in such a way that even Rose began to dread going back there. She wondered what Rose will tell people about them when she eventually leaves their house. She was still thinking deeply when her husband suddenly walked into the sitting room.

...Continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2020

‘How come nobody came to inform me that the food is ready seeing that I am so famished?’ he said as he frowned at Rose.

‘I’m sorry sir; I was about calling you to…’ Before Rose could complete the sentence, Pastor Kay moved closer to her and spanked her on the face. Rose just did obeisance and left the sitting room holding her cheek.

‘Honey, don’t allow this girl disobey my orders in this house’, he told his wife; then he notices her silence and sits right beside her placing his arm on her shoulders, ‘Honey, what is it? Is anything the matter? Talk to me dear’.

‘Rose said she wants to go back to her village’, Mrs. Odili responded

‘Ehen, is she not better off in the village? Is that why you’re bothered?’

‘Kay, she said she wants to go back to her village tomorrow and you are not bothered’, she asked raising her voice a little higher.

‘And why should I be bothered? That’s good riddance to bad rubbish’

‘Did you see the injury you inflicted on her with the pressing iron?’ asked Mrs. Odili.

‘Yes; what about that?’

‘Don’t you know that if she leaves here to the village, she will be asked how she got the wound and also how her stay has been with us here. Then she will tell everyone that the well respected, calm, peace loving Pastor Kay and his wife are responsible for all the scars and also for the emotional trauma she has been passing through. In extension, news will begin to spread fast and everyone who holds us in high esteem in this city will see the real us and know that we have only been pretending to be nice and Godly all along. Aren’t you thinking of all these Kay?

‘Oh my God! You are right dear. I never thought of all that’, responded Pastor Kay. ‘So what do we do?’

‘She can’t leave this house o’, said Mrs. Odili. ‘As a matter of fact, she shouldn’t even be allowed to step out of the compound for now until we know what steps to take concerning her’.

‘Okay honey, I’ll make sure of that. She’s going nowhere and no one has to know about anything going on in this house’, Pastor Kay assured his wife.

Mrs. Odili smiled at her husband whom she believes can handle the situation perfectly well; Then she motions to her husband, ‘The food is getting cold dear, shall we?’ They smile at each other and walk to the dining.

END OF PART ONE
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
LifeQuest:

Say NO to premarital sex.

Who killed Sandra?

Story continues

Hello LifeQuest, good evening. Hope you're having a great day?

God bless you sir
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nice story.keep it coming

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by SheWrites(f): 7:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
Amicable24:

Oh yeaaaaaaaah grin grin grin What you waiting for, send your stories in asap wink
Aye Aye Captain

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ooops, I've been away for so long.. Apologies cry cry .. I've been busy though. May continue "Never Again" by next week.. My hands are tied for now tongue . Please bear with me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hello Nairalanders....

Sorry for the long absence... Had a tight schedule.. But thank God I'm back again to continue with the Christian stories.

I implore other Christian story tellers to share their stories here as well.

The continuation of NEVER AGAIN (Part two) in a moment...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
TITLE: NEVER AGAIN (Part Two)
Written by Amicable24

Back in St. Bartholomew’s church where Pastor Kennedy Odili’s funeral is being held, Reverend Dele Matthew rounded up his sermon with words of encouragement to the bereaved family, friends and relatives of the deceased. He said a prayer over Pastor Kay’s body lying lifeless in the casket and then motioned on the pallbearers to come and take the body to the cemetery for burial. As the pallbearers lifted the casket up, Mrs. Odili suddenly jumped out of her seat and threw herself at the pallbearers weeping profusely and trying to reach the casket, but then, some women rushed to her and held her down, still consoling her. The pallbearers held the casket high and slowly left the church followed by the officiating Reverend, late Pastor Kay’s family, church officials, relatives, friends and others, Rose being among the last set to leave the church. As they left for the cemetery, they sang;

“It is well (repeat)
With my soul (repeat)
It is well, it is well with my soul”

The casket was placed in one of the vehicles while Mrs. Odili, her children and some others entered other vehicles. The remaining followed on foot, seeing that the cemetery is not so far from the church. Rose was one of those who walked to the cemetery accompanied by some church members who consoled her on their way with words like, “Sorry Rose. Pastor Kay was such a good man. We know you really miss him so much just like we do. We pray God Almighty comforts you and bring someone else your way who will be a nice and loving father to you just like our dear Pastor Kay”. Rose pretended to be sad for the deceased but inwardly, she wasn’t and rejected the consoling words from them in her heart. She said to herself that she will rather die than have another master like the late Pastor Kay.

...Never Again continues shortly...
Re: A Thread For Christian/Gospel Literature (Stories) by Amicable24: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2020
(NEVER AGAIN Part Two) Continues...

Few days after the burial of Pastor Kennedy Odili, some church officials were sent to Mrs. Odili’s house to inform the family of the plans the church has for them. Mrs. Odili who was still receiving condolence visits received the church emissaries with joy. Indeed they came with good tidings for the Odilis. Mrs. Odili was informed that her wellbeing as well as the wellbeing of her children will be taken full care of by the church. They comforted her and assured her that whatsoever she will need to cater for herself and her children will be provided by the church.

After that, their conversation shifted to Rose, Mrs. Odili’s house help. Rose has been busy serving the guests that came into their house; walking to and fro as she served each visitor that came in. She was glad to see the church officials and as she was serving them with what each wanted, she overheard them talking about her. She paced around to listen to the conversation as this one concerns her.

Brother Lekan, one of the church officials started by saying to Mrs. Odili; ‘We also have some good news for Rose. The church has decided to sponsor her education into the higher institution’.
Mrs. Odili kicked as she heard this. ‘Rose?!’, she asked.
‘Yes, Rose’, brother Lekan responded. ‘Is there a problem ma?’
‘No o’, replied Mrs. Odili. ‘My late husband and I have also tried our best to take her to the higher institution but Rose isn’t taking her studies seriously. In fact, she told us she doesn’t want to continue with her education anymore. We did all we can to make her see the need to further her education but she is adamant about it. I wouldn’t want the church to waste resources on Rose the way my late husband did’.

...Never Again continues shortly...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Attai... The Sh.it Maker ( A Short Story ) / The Greatest Mistake I Made In My Life....a True Story / Which Kyn Lyf? (IN PIDGIN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.