Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,106 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! (260 Views)

I'm On The Brink Of Losing It Entirely. Pls Advice Me / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / Chikezie Emmanuel Uzuegbunam Makes 100 Brightest Young Minds In Africa 2017 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by Lifesnotfair(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please I'd like people from 40 years and above to advice me. I do not know the exact section to post this.

I am not new here. I only opened this to conceal my identity. I know quite well how nairalanders lambast people or each other. I beg you please, I don't need it....cos I'm losing it and I don't want anything that would exacerbate my situation. I'm a very emotional person.

I am a graduate, in my late 30's(almost 40) I do not have money, I do not have a job, I do not have a business, I do not have a wife nor a girl friend, I do not have a child.
I use to have a job some years back but I didn't even last a year before I lost it. The little I saved I used to survive.

This Covid-19 period has been a living hell for me....but I thank God for family members who are also struggling, but still came to my aid with their widow's might.

I have applied for more than 1000 jobs on LinkedIn, Nairaland and some other job sites but all to no avail. I treck long distances in search of jobs....no matter how small. Recently I was at a building site to carry "kponkpon" but I was told they already have the amount of artisans they want.

I have lost all hope in this life. I often pray that God should take me away when I sleep and then I get frustrated when I wake up to realize that I'm still alive. I am so afraid of committing suicide. I don't even have the mind to hurt a fly, let alone take my life. I'm such a coward. I even cry like a baby when I pray.... catarrh rolling down my nose!

I don't need anyone's pity. I don't need anyone's money. All I need is your advice. What do you suggest I do at this stage of my life? What step should I take now, even in this Covid-19 pandemic? Where should I go from here? Is there still hope for strange humans like me?

I wouldn't also mind a job.....even though I see a lot of people coming here to beg for job and still don't get. I have also filled the npower programme, hoping to succeed in it.

Thank you all for reading, as I await your candid advice and submissions. God bless you all and I pray no one of you falls into my situation. Amen.
Re: Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by delkuf(m): 11:44am On Jul 02, 2020
Go for deliverance. You can come to my church.

Note: this is not ordinary
Re: Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by Temitopemo6e6(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2020
undecided Ori-Oke Baba.
Ori-Oke Ikoyi
you need prayer
Re: Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by psucc(m): 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
Thank God that you are a "coward". I understand how frustrated you are. But I still see light at the end if the tunnel.

Don't give up, God will surely turn things around immediately of this lockdown.

Do your best to still keep believing God.
Re: Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by exposition: 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
Looking for a job now at this age without experience and additional qualification would be tough,get a respectable business I would advice you seek for any of the agric loans go into farming or livestock business
You can grow from there,run your race bro
You are nót in competition with anybody
Your self confidence is key to getting back up and most of all trust God to perfect your plans

1 Like

Re: Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by missawele(f): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hi, I read through your post, and I must say I understand what you are going through because I know someone that once went through something like this.

I also saw where you specified the age limit you'd like to get advice from. Just so you know, a good advice can come from younger people and very terrible advice from the age group you mentioned.

Anyway, I don't have a job for you, but I have a purpose, and it's to help people that are stuck. Just like you.

If you will accept my help, you can reach me via WhatsApp. Check my signature for my WhatsApp link.

I get paid to do this, but your story reminds me of someones' so I'll make yours an exception.

Before you contact me, note that what I will be putting you through heavily depends on how ready you are to work and learn. It's also not a get rich quick thing. And don't worry. You won't be spending much except your data, time and skill.

"Start with what you have from where you are to get to where you want to be".

PS I am less than 30 years.

1 Like

Re: Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by Kenoxman(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
Your problem lies within you. YES,u are ur own enemy. You have not been able to achieve much simply because u are a COWARD. Yes,no matter how painful it may sound and not minding ur plea for leniency from bashing, u still deserve a big kick in the a.ss. Why are wallowing in self-pity,playing it safe when you can take charge of ur life? For how long will u search for job b4 u realize that jobs are scarce? What happens to dropping that cert, rolling ur sleeves and entering the street to hustle like a man you are? And all this years u never learned a skill? Did u know that if u had done appprenticeship with a dry cleaner 3-6 months ago by now u would have become ur own boss? But u have chosen to rely on relatives for support, what a shame! Success belongs to the brave. Until u have courage enough to step out of ur comfort zone,nothing will change. Prayer alone will not help u. This is time for WORK. For now, ur biggest task is to conquer yourself. Only then can u conquer ur situation. Get out of ur own way!

2 Likes

Re: Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
delkuf:
Go for deliverance. You can come to my church.

Note: this is not ordinary
u spoke my mind
Re: Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by Highesschief1: 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Have you thought of learning a trade? Handwork etc? Have considered serving some one for few years and get settled or raising funds through friends and family?
Re: Older Matured Minds, Pls Advice Cos I'm Losing It!!! by buchyno123: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2020
it is well my brother,all hope is not lost. God can still give u a big reason to laugh. i dont know were u might be i suggest u serve God with all ur heart and diligent too then he will fulfill his promise in job 36 vs 11. remember God loves u, u are blessed. walk into any winners church close to u and speak with the resident pastor. i bet u in two months time u life will never remain the same.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To EMBER Months / I Don't Have A Job And I Am Helpless / Asia-africa Economic Forum 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.