Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? (710 Views)

Different God, 1 Satan. Why?How? / Why Do Religions Have Different Gods But THE SAME Satan?! / Why Do Different Religions Have Different God But One Devil ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by truthhurts2: 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2020
I keeps wondering and it keeps baffling me how some people(or some religion) claims to being worshiping different God different from the other religion/s. If so, then, there should be different Satan tackling the worshipers of each God but no, we both admit that there is only one Satan, and if so, then, there should be only one God.

Please, what is /are your views concerning this?
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by JeffreyD1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Only one God worshipped in different ways
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by truthhurts2: 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2020
JeffreyD1:
Not to some people bro
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Only an ORIGINAL can have a counterfeit. What's fake can't be faked.Only an ORIGINAL can have a counterfeit. What's fake can't be faked.Only an ORIGINAL can have a counterfeit. What's fake can't be faked.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
truthhurts2:
I keeps wondering and it keeps baffling me how some people(or some religion) claims to being worshiping different God different from the other religion/s. If so, then, there should be different Satan tackling the worshipers of each God but no, we both admit that there is only one Satan, and if so, then, there should be only one God.

Please, what is /are your views concerning this?
There are also different Satans. If you read each religious book you would note the differences.

For instance, in judaism, and Christianity, Satan is a servant of God, doing God's bidding too.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by truthhurts2: 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

There are also different Satans. If you read each religious book you would note the differences.

For instance, in judaism, and Christianity, Satan is a servant of God, doing God's bidding too.
Shed more light to it pls
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by psucc(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
Actually seems to be worshipping different God but not true. He is expressed in different ways.

But some worshippers disguised satan in the form of Light(God) to deceive the ignorant/misinformed.

There is only One True God
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
psucc:
Actually seems to be worshipping different God but not true. He is expressed in different ways.

But some worshippers disguised satan in the form of Light(God) to deceive the ignorant/misinformed.

There is only One True God
Satan disguised in form of Light? What religion is this? undecided
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
Not Different God But Different Names to Identify God.

But from your statement, we agree that there is one who is Wholly Evil, whose name is Satan.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Oldoinyolengai(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

But from your statement, we agree that there is one who is Wholly Evil, whose name is Satan.
Why is God ruling his worshipers in a contradicting way?

Why is he telling one band polygamy is legal while to others it's illegal?

Why to others it's normal to feast on pork and illegal to others?
Do all theists believe in one God?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by ThinkFreely: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
JeffreyD1:
You can’t worship one God in different ways.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by ThinkFreely: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Amadioha and God. Same God different names?

Because they are both religions

1 Like

Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:

Why is he telling one band polygamy is legal while to others it's illegal

He made no such Pronouncement Only A Suggestion, that it would be good to You, if You had One Wife, For 2 or more wives would be trouble to you. For it is already a great trouble to have one wife,

"It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a widehouse." Proverbs 21:9.

This is a Discretionary Instruction, which can be obeyed or set aside, But no be you go carry the wahala?

Oldoinyolengai:

He First Commanded that man shall eat "herbs" Only Genesis 1:29.

Then He amended it and Commanded that man shall eat herbs and flesh. Genesis 9:3/4.

Then, To the Children of Isreal (Not Everyone, yet) He Commanded, Pork Should not be eaten. Leviticus 11:1-7.

Then, when the Lord Himself, came to visit us, He Told us, that,

"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man" Matthew 15:11-20.

Therefore, the Law banning the eating of pork has been amended allowing us to now eat pork today.

Oldoinyolengaipost=91305710:

It is said that theists believe in God. One or many,
is a case of to each, his own!
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by OtemAtum: 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
All these beings humans worship are mere gods who are far far less in comparison with God Almighty. Jehovah, Allah, Olorun, Atum, Abassi etc are gods and no religion of the world knows what God is.

God is the TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE and anything else are mere products of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by truthhurts2: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
I think this should make Front page for wider elaboration
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by truthhurts2: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:

Why is he telling one band polygamy is legal while to others it's illegal?

You are making points
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Amadioha and God. Same God different names?

Because they are both religions

Amadioha is said to be the God of Thunder.

"The Lord God is the God of Thunder and Lightenings too.

2 Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth.

3 He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

4 After it a voice roareth: he thundereth with the voice of his excellency; and he will not stay them when his voice is heard.

5 God thundereth marvellously with his voice: great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend. Job 37:2-5
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by ThinkFreely: 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Amadioha is said to be the God of Thunder.

"The Lord God is the God of Thunder and Lightenings too.

2 Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth.

3 He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

4 After it a voice roareth: he thundereth with the voice of his excellency; and he will not stay them when his voice is heard.

5 God thundereth marvellously with his voice: great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend. Job 37:2-5
So can we interchange God and Amadioha in sentences?

Can I go to church to worship Amadioha?
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Oldoinyolengai(m): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

He made no such Pronouncement Only A Suggestion, that it would be good to You, if You had One Wife, For 2 or more wives would be trouble to you. For it is already a great trouble to have one wife,

"It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a widehouse." Proverbs 21:9.

This is a Discretionary Instruction, which can be obeyed or set aside, But no be you go carry the wahala?

He First Commanded that man shall eat "herbs" Only Genesis 1:29.

Then He amended it and Commanded that man shall eat herbs and flesh. Genesis 9:3/4.

Then, To the Children of Isreal (Not Everyone, yet) He Commanded, Pork Should not be eaten. Leviticus 11:1-7.

Then, when the Lord Himself, came to visit us, He Told us, that,

"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man" Matthew 15:11-20.

Therefore, the Law banning the eating of pork has been amended allowing us to now eat pork today.

It is said that theists believe in God. One or many,
is a case of to each, his own!
Your explanation is self-contradictory and single sided.
If trouble with women is due to their nature rather than their number, why restricting the later?

Do you seriously mean monogamous marriage of some of God followers is coming out of God's suggestions rather than their religious law?

You have contaminate that part of the Bible in 1:29 with the word "only". In fact, God didn't restrict man's diet on herb only.

Question remains, why are God believers come into different bands with sets of opposing rules yet they say they are believing in same God.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
ThinkFreely:

Leave it to man to declare God the one with the "personality" disorder! undecided
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by ThinkFreely: 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Leave to man to declare God the one with the "personality" disorder! undecided
I didnt get your point.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
ThinkFreely:

grin it is between you, the persons in control of the church, Amadioha and God. My own, no dey there.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by ThinkFreely: 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin it is between you, the persons in control of the church, Amadioha and God. My own, no dey there.

So you see that your initial point about “one god” is incorrect.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
Your explanation is self-contradictory and single sided.
If trouble with women is due to their nature rather than their number, why restricting the later?

Do you seriously mean monogamous marriage of some of God followers is coming out of God's suggestions rather than their religious law

Surely you know "Discretionary" means freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.

You can have 1 or as many as 1 million wives if you want, it is your own load.

My position is, the Law on Number or numbers of wives, is Suggestive and Discretionary and not Prohibitive Like "Thou shalt not Commit Adultery".

Oldoinyolengai:

You have contaminate that part of the Bible in 1:29 with the word "only". In fact, God didn't restrict man's diet on herb only.

Genesis 1:29 (eat herbs) No flesh mentioned!

Genesis 9:3 ("eat every moving thing" (flesh) -plants do not move) Plus Herbs, Clearly Mentioned.

Oldoinyolengai:

Question remains, why are God believers come into different bands with sets of opposing rules yet they say they are believing in same God.

Bros, you be human being now, you no dey do whatever you like?

Anybody fit force you to do wetin you no wan do?

As nobody fit force you, na so e be for everybody!
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
ThinkFreely:
So you see that your initial point about “one god” is incorrect.

How?
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
ThinkFreely:
I didnt get your point.
There are those who believe we all worship the same God, not realizing that by that belief they declare God a liar suffering from a terrible case of multiple personality disorder/ dissociative identity disorder, of the god kind. grincheesygrincheesygrin
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Oldoinyolengai(m): 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Surely you know "Discretionary" means freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.

You can have 1 or as many as 1 million wives if you want, it is your own load.

My position is, the Law on Number or numbers of wives, is Suggestive and Discretionary and not Prohibitive Like "Thou shalt not Commit Adultery".

Genesis 1:29 (eat herbs) No flesh mentioned!

Genesis 9:3 ("eat every moving thing" (flesh) -plants do not move) Plus Herbs, Clearly Mentioned.

Bros, you be human being now, you no dey do whatever you like?

Anybody fit force you to do wetin you no wan do?

As nobody fit force you, na so e be for everybody!
Two yes/no questions for you.

1.Is polygamy right before God?

2. Is there any sin before God if someone eats flesh?
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by ThinkFreely: 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

There are those who believe we all worship the same God, not realizing that by that belief they declare God a liar suffering from a terrible case of multiple personality disorder/ dissociative identity disorder, of the god kind. grincheesygrincheesygrin
So which is the only God?
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2020
ThinkFreely:
So which is the only God?
that's the question, isn't it!

Just so you know, I believe the one I serve is!
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by ThinkFreely: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
that's the question, isn't it!

Just so you know, I believe the one I serve is!
Lol, every religious person share this sentiment.
Re: Why Do Religions Have Different God But Same Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
Two yes/no questions for you.

1.Is polygamy right before God?

2. Is there any sin before God if someone eats flesh?

Nna, na, na ojoro you wan do grin just as you had the natural right to frame the question any way you please without restriction, I too, have a natural right to answer your question in any cogent and reasonable way.

So, I answer thus

1) do you not understand that discretion means you can choose option A without Punishment or Options B without Punishment too?

So therefore, God can not punish simply for exercising either Option A or Option B!

2) it is Clearly Written

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you (animals allowed but based on verses 5 and 6, to kill a man for any purpose is prohibited); even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.(Eating of live animals Prohibited)

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Who Cursed Man To Suffer For 600 Years Gets A House Gift / What Have You Done!! / I See Soldiers In My Dreams All The Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.