Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others (51247 Views)

FG Introduces New Taxes On Beer, Imported Vehicles, Plastics, Others / Amid VAT Saga, States Sue FG Over Sharing Of Stamp Duty Revenue / FG Replaces Stamp Duty With N50 Electronic Transfer Levy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Baloranking(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Chai billing everywhere.

Soon there'll be stamp duty for breathing and shitting. Oil money is not enough.

Government of the rich only.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Kingspin(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Country that tax like this are those countries driving development and vision economy.
Not a country with 2000megawatt but traffic is over 1000percent

Nigeria na number one mumu list of country.

3 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by irepnaija4eva(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Haa
Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by LeeMason(m): 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
When will they introduce this invisible stamp duty to the Oxygen we breath.

1 Like

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by BinaryRocks: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
I'm here to read comments

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by eagleu: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
Buhari: tax them, squeeze them, and punish them for their mistakes making me president!!!

5 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by oyeb15: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
FG is high on weed. The finance minister and CBN governor are dump, incompetent bunch of misfits.
If oil isn't bringing much revenue to both run government and loot, cant they look at other areas like agriculture and mineral export. Can't FG increase her production and sales off OPEC rules like US and Russia are stylishly doing?

What's now d essence of government? Nigeria government has been able to provide nothing for her citizens. It has reached d climax.

After January 2022,Democratic regime will be suspended indefinitely in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Openbusiness2: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kuku kill us na. Buhari APC is a disaster to Nigeria. Just imagine this evil policy, that will further increase rent costs

2 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by ScholarRidwan: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dear Good people of Nairaland, please kindly take a minute to read.
 Earlier this year I got an admission offer from a school in US but my application could not be evaluated for funding due to late submission. I had to differ the offer till next year and will have to submit  GRE score that was initially waived because of the pandemic to be evaluated for funding.

I was told if i could write the GRE and score very high coupled with my good academic background I'm sure going to get the funding. I already saved about 50k for the exam until I was told I'll be needing an International passport for the registration. I inquired about the cost of doing that which was 17800 on getting to immigration I spent nothing less than 40k to get the passport done. Now I'm I've just 10k left and the cost of the exam is 60k.

And the reason why I've to register now is.because there are not so many centers and if one does not register early enough (at least 3months prior) the scheduled date might not fit into your plan because of limited centers, and in my case my result must've been ready by December so I can be evaluated early enough when there would be more funding available and less competition.

I was able to raise the initial 50k by going to site with Surveyors and work as an instrument operator but the whole pandemic issue has affected the availability of jobs already and I'm even still being owed. So, I'm pleading with eyes full of tears to any kind hearted person to please come to my aid and support my ambition. I'm very positive of acing this exam and getting a full funding.
Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by IMASTEX: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
It is a welcome development, it should be extended to oxygen, sleeping, bedding spouse, eating, walking, talking, looking, being a Nigerian, etc. With those the citizens will appreciate & keep supporting you guys for quality leadership.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Openbusiness2: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
eagleu:
Buhari: tax them, squeeze them, and punish them for their mistakes making me president!!!
Abeg don't blame anybody. Nigerians were SCAMMED by cunning crooks. Everybody eyes don open now. Even that ManaBBQ moniker no dey shout My Darling Daddy for Nairaland again grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
grin
Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Mires: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
This government will not kill Nigerians before 2023

1 Like

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by 2shure: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
Soon stamp duty go dey compulsory for every step you take whether inside your house or out. Nigeria is dead and gone .

2 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by greenandy: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
Federal government also needs to introduce residency status whereby a resident of a local government area must be registered in the local government registry and must not live in the bushes. This is how it’s done in normal countries.
No half and half measures.

2 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Adedotguy: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
Federal Government is in the same league with Basket mouth, alibaba, Gordon etc.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by flokii: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
This is very wrong na.. Stamp duty for what exactly?

Who are those sitting down in office just taking decisions anyhow? Do we have a legislative arm of government in Nigeria atal. Upon all the suffering, job losses and high unemployment rate.
Too bad!

3 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Realadey(m): 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
What are we gaining from this govt sef?

3 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Karlifate: 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
flyingpig:

A lot of us wouldn't care about this policy if the wealth generated from it would NOT be stolen.
Exactly!
Some people claim that Nigerians are too stubborn, whereas the environment is not favourable to the average Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by bilulu(m): 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
helinues:

Must you guys always derail every thread with this your jargons?

MrFalseFinder
How is he derailing the thread now? Point out a lie in what he said.

2 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by bluefilm: 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
They'll soon start taxing people who want to fûck. cool

3 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Openbusiness2: 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
Very soon, we go pay Stamp Duty before we can open our mouth and talk in this country. They don't want to cut down on their overbloated ultraluxury lifestyle, after borrowing hundreds of billions, and stealing a good chunk of that one way or another, they still want to squeeze the masses to death.

1 Like

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Sweetgoodie(f): 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
Buhari stop terrorizing us

2 Likes

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Ekeretom4(m): 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
I tire for this baseless FG.... On what grounds are they collecting this stamp duty?.... If it was in a sane country without these massive corruption, a lot of people won't give a damn about this stamp duty, but in my country it would be looted ..
Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
escohido123:
To every body that voted for this calamity of a government hope u are enjoying.
May ur lives be smooth and devoid of troubles the way the country is currently.
Cc
Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by McBluemoon(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
Epele ooo ... My know all..
helinues:

Must you guys always derail every thread with this your jargons?

MrFalseFinder
Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by OdefaGirl(f): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
Keep milking from the citizens...... when it comes to giving back, some people will be more favoured than others.

1 Like

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by IMASTEX: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
rexlims:
It will interest u to note that this policy will apply to some part of d country, while some part will be " flexing" d proceeds.
Nobody should come and mention how dis is d way to go in developed nations, cos whatever govt takes from d citizens in these developed nations, u see a corresponding development plan.
This is why I get angry when I have to pay tax to this criminals.

1 Like

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by lordm(m): 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
kettle84:
To finance the excessive borrowing I guess?
exactly
Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by jericco1(m): 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
If only these duties reflects on national improvement then I wouldn't have to worry but damn! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others by LEOSZ(m): 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mehn we don suffer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's Certificate With The Nigerian Army - Senator Afikuyomi / Pmb And Fayose In China !!! Spot The Difference !!!! / Indian Shades Nigeria Over Twitter Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.