Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,024 members, 7,956,793 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:07 PM

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin .(Chapter 2) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin .(Chapter 2) (612 Views)

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin / His Sex Slut Chapter 2 / Tales Of Abigail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin .(Chapter 2) by Adedabs: 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
Chapter 2
I sigh as my father's car eased into the administration building of the university that I was doomed to stay for four years. To think that my dad had no other way to punish me than to send me to a government institution,(I mean who does that?!!!). There are a lot of private institutions in the country that my father can afford but he chose this school,ugh, and when I protested,he said it was for the best and it's time I get to know the world. Just recalling my conversation with him had me sighing louder than intended.
       "Ire , will you stop doing that? You've been sighing since we started this journey and put on a smile for God's sake. You look like the undead with that face of yours". My dad said while trying to adjust his clothes. I rolled my eyes at his statement and sighed internally. I tried plastering a smile but after some minutes of trying to pull this stunt, I simply gave up and returned to my sour mood.
       "Hello Mr Davis, this is Mr Adams speaking. Oh ok, I'll be right there, thanks". I sat up straighter on the seat and faced my dad because I know the phone conversation was about me. "Ok Ire, Mr Davis is expecting us and please don't disappoint me ok".  "Yes sir", I answered.
        We got down from the car and made the short trek to the administrator's office. At the doorway stood a dark and chubby man in his late fifties if I should guess with a smile plastered on his overly round and sweaty face. "Eww ,I exclaimed mentally, "I hope I don't have to meet this man ever again, he's creepy" I thought inwardly with a groan as my dad shoved me forward to accept the man's outstretched hand. He held my hand longer than expected, looking at me as if I'm some prized jewel and when I looked around for my dad,he was on the phone. "There goes my dad, throwing me to the wolves without a second glance"I sighed. I really should stop doing that, only God knows how many pint of blood I've wasted now. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by the administrator's touch. The stupid man had the nerve to extend his touch to my elbow. Is he retarded?. He didn't even respect the fact that I'm there with my father. I jerked my hand away before he could conjure up any idea and shifted backwards with a polite umm(coughs) fake smile.
Dad finally decided to end the call (thank the heavens) and grace us with his presence. We sat down and my file was presented to the man.
         "Hmm, she has a nice record", Mr Davis said shortly after scanning through the file. I wonder if he actually read and  what was there. "She won't have a problem with securing her admission into this school". I scoffed quietly "obviously, I'm too good for this school", I couldn't help pacifying myself internally. "Ire what is wrong with you?". I'm jolted out of my thoughts by my father's angry words."You kept on giggling on your seat like an insane person" my father continued obviously angry now.
"Really, I was giggling, oh shit, that's bad, I'm in big trouble,wow!!!". I commented inwardly while trying to avert my gaze from the glares that was being thrown at me from the two men. "I'm sorry sir", I mumbled a quick apology.
         "Go and stay in the car, I will meet you there", my father ordered while handling me the car keys. "Ok sir" , I said, quickly jumping to my feet before he changed his mind. "Freed at last" my inner self says and I smiled. Ok, don't get me wrong, I'm not a freak or a psycho, it's just that I'm not the type that hang out with friends because they don't seem to accept me. People think I'm weird for having a friend they can't talk to or see and how is that my fault if they can't see Mia? (Yep, that's my inner friend name and she is the best thing that I've ever had so to hell with those friends ���, I'm comfortable with her).
       I've always had this trouble with dealing with people ever since I could talk, well that what my parents says,so when I discovered Mia(my inner friend that is the polar opposite of me, and I named her after my favorite character in a movie), I've been bold and courageous but everything is an internal stuff����. I'm still the shy, quiet girl in reality. My life sucks, kind of, in a way (I'm laughing again and getting this weird stares from the students around) maybe I should shut down for now. I made it to my father's car and leaned on the car waiting for him. Moments later, he is walking towards me with an expressionless face. "You've been admitted and I'll address your behavior at home, let's go" my father said while handling the acceptance letter to me.
     "Yay, I'm doomed", I thought.
Re: Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin .(Chapter 2) by Adedabs: 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chapter 3
      School resumed the following week and everything from my registration to my accommodation problems were solved. Dad being the overprotective person that he is, decided to move me to the school hostel because according to him, it was safer and it'll be more convenient for me. Well I had no problem with that but on getting there, it was a different story entirely. The hostel was a three storey building with over  hundred plus rooms for the students. It had a nice,cozy and warm feel to it when we entered. "Not bad for a school like this", I thought. The house matron was a middle aged woman with a friendly smile that seems to be permanent on her face. On seeing us, she got up and made her way to us. "Welcome to Jade hostel. It's an all girls hostel as you can see while the neighbouring hostel, Beaver hostel is for the guys. Majority of the students here are new students and transfer students and most of them move out in their second or third year because they feel they no longer need hostel supervision", the matron ,Miss Miriam said with a grin.
     "It's nice to meet you. I'm Mr Adams and this is my daughter, Ire. She is a new student and we're here to see her room", my dad said while stretching his hands out for an handshake. We shook hands and she led us to my room. It was of reasonable size and the painting was nice. "It's ok" I said with a shrug, my dad grunted in approval. "Well it's good that you like it, I hope your roommate shares your opinion" the matron said. "Wait, did she just say roommate?" I asked myself. "Umm excuse me miss, did you just mention roommate? You mean I have to share this room with another person, a total stranger?!!!" I asked her. My father noticing the pitch in my voice steered me away from her and took me outside. I could see her bewildered expression before my dad closed the door. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he looked at me with annoyance "what's wrong with having a roommate Ire? I know that it'll be kind of uncomfortable living with a stranger but you have to adapt. You almost caused a scene back there. Can't you for once just behave normal in your life?"
      Fighting back tears,(not normal sad tears *laughs* this is tears of annoyance and anger) I leaned against the doorway and watched as my father ranted and raved for almost five minutes. When I couldn't take it anymore, coupled with the fact that my fellow students were already staring at us, I stepped in front of him and placed a hand on his arm "I'm sorry I overreacted dad, I'm just a spoilt brat. I'll apologize to the matron and pack my stuff". My dad exhaled noisily and nodded his head in approval. "He was obviously prepared for a battle with you" Mia(my inner voice said). I chuckled quietly and went inside the room to apologize to the matron. The rest of the day passed with me settling down and arranging my things in my corner. My roommate was yet to resume so I had the opportunity to choose the best place. My dad left afterwards after giving me thousands of instructions to follow and I was left alone. Not knowing what to do, I headed downstairs to the cafeteria.
      After ordering my meal and finding a place to seat amidst the curious stares of the students there(I don't know why they are staring. Aren't we all new here?), I'm suddenly interrupted by bubbly, beautiful face with a wide grin. "Hi there, I'm Gina, nice to meet you. You're new here and I'm new here too, so we can be friends right? Don't worry we're already friends. I'm studying Maths, what are you studying? Can I sit with you, of course,I can................". I zoned her out as I tried to remember where I've met her. Gina noticing my disinterest poked me. "What's your name?" She asked. I squinted my eyes at her "so you don't know my name yet you've officially made me your friend. Do I know you cus you don't really look familiar?". Gina grinned shaking her head before answering me "it's true, you don't know me but almost everyone knows you now after the fuss you pulled about having a roommate" she laughed before continuing "students are already predicting how troublesome you'll be".
      I banged my head repeatedly on the table earning double stares around. " Oh great, just started my day with being popular on the bad side, I'm Ire by the way".

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Competent Ebook Writer / STORY: Rape [episode 4] / Writers Must Learn To Market Their Books -– Brenda Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.