Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,372 members, 7,954,506 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin (264 Views)

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin .(Chapter 2) / Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin / Tales Of Abigail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of Ire By Adedoyin by Adedabs: 8:55am On Jul 29, 2020
Chapter 4
     Every hour spent in my new school convinced me to see the advantages there. Although I hated some things about the school,it was still good in a way. With Gina by my side, acting as my eyes and ears(laughs), it was not so bad anymore. Though I was the shy and quiet one, she brought out the crazy side in me. I was chatty and crazy around her but when I'm all alone, I snuff out that side. Lectures started and I got familiar with most of my classmates, sharing our knowledge on courses and having the same goal of doing well in school. Mid semester test came afterwards and we all went on a short break before the commencement of our exams. The old me would have ran back home to the comfort of my house but I didn't. My parents were amazed, I had somehow taken a liking to the school and it was all thanks to my bubbly friend.
      I was having my quiet time in my fantasy world when I was loudly disrupted by the sound of my door opening and closing. Frowning, I looked up to see Gina grinning and shaking her head and I groaned mentally. You see when Gina does that, I meant grinning and sometimes dancing happily, I knew I am about to be invited to one of her crazy adventures again.
"Hey babe, guess what", Gina said while bouncing on my bed.
"Umm what?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow dreading her next word.
"So I just got an invitation to a cool party and you my beautiful darling are coming too" she replied in a singsong voice grinning widely.
"That's cool Gina, but I told you that I don't really like this whole party stuff. I'm still recovering from the last one that I went to". Remembering the last party I attended with Gina brought mixed reactions from me. Gina had literally dragged me to the school party meant for new students although it was just an excuse for everyone to party. So we got there and I was amazed at number of students that turned up. It was a school night for crying out loud!!!. I only agreed to go after Gina almost talked my ear off about it and I had already decided not to spend more than an hour.
     Gina kept introducing me to faces that I couldn't even remember the first letter of their names or even recognize. An hour turned into two and I was still at the party. It was becoming more interesting and very different from what was shown on our TV screen and in movies. I was expecting cult groups with their signs plastered on their foreheads and gun fights(laughs, I have wild imaginations don't blame me) but even if they were there, they all maintained their cool since everybody was there to have fun. Gina left me to greet a friend and I was alone. Standing rooted to a spot will look stupid so I decided to wander around.
I had just pass a group of boys huddled together when one looked up and whistled.
"Hey hottie, come here" he said gesturing with his hand.
Shit, this is what I wanted to avoid,I didn't even want to get noticed so I better cook up some excuse or something. I looked frantically around for Gina or any familiar face that I can run to and make an excuse for talking but I find none.
"I'm talking to you, we're not going to bite", the boy said already getting up. The other boys were looking on expectantly for a drama and I did the only thing I could think of. I ran away screaming my head off. When I looked back to see if they were following me ,I saw them with their mouths opened staring at me as if I was crazy and then they started laughing. Gosh I must have looked like an insane girl, I could have just have a decent discussion and left. Afterwards I saw Gina and explained everything to her and she was mortified.
"If not that you're my friend,I would have kicked you out of my life Ire. It was just an invitation to talk and look at you, you caused it. You could have just prayed for a straight body but here you are with all the thick curves and beautiful face and you think you're not going to attract attention? You must be joking", she said jokingly.
So I guess that must be true
little bit. Guys tend to notice my body before they even get to know me so that why I've been single for so long. I believed there will be someone out there who talks to me not because of what he sees in my physical appearance but because he seems to care genuinely about me,(call me the hopeless romantic, whatever).
So I've given all sorts of excuse just to avoid going to parties so that I won't bump into those guys but who am l kidding with a friend like Gina, I will run out of excuses. Gina as if knowing that I'm about to formulate another excuse shakes her head,
"Nuh uh, you are going and if you meet those guys again just act normal and have a discussion. They are not going to kidnap you or kill you ok"
"Ok" I said dejectedly.

(1) (Reply)

Voice Of Truth / Chapter 1 Of My Manuscript. (fiction/mystery) / Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.