Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,908 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

How To Escape Deception Of The Devil And Religious Men/Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Escape Deception Of The Devil And Religious Men/Church (185 Views)

The Biggest Deception Of All Time??? All Christians Should Be Awake / I Hate The Devil And So Should You. / Church And The Deception Of The Media - By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Escape Deception Of The Devil And Religious Men/Church by davidinchrist(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
The only way is to LOVE the truth, it's that simple. But if we do not love the truth, we're bound to be terribly deceived consciously or unconsciously by the Devil, Religious Men/Leaders, the love of Money, the cares of life and other LUSTS in our flesh, particularly in this End time.

First, we need to love the truth about our own selves IN PRIVATE. If our private lives are RIGHT before God, it will be difficult for the Lies of Men/Devil to get in.

What does it mean to love the truth?

To love the truth means to love Jesus (the Truth himself) ABOVE ALL: above Father, Mother, Family Members, "My" Pastor/Prophet/Church, Friends, "My" Rights, MONEY, Ego/Reputation, Career, ETC.

Luke 14:26 KJV
If any man COME to me (Jesus), and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his OWN LIFE also, he CANNOT be my disciple.

However, when we do not LOVE the truth: by loving other PEOPLE AND THINGS "more" than God, then this happens:

Matthew 13:13 KJV
Therefore speak I to them in "parables": because they SEEING see NOT; and HEARING they hear NOT, "neither" do they UNDERSTAND.

Because God himself will allow us to believe what is False, LIES:

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11

... BECAUSE they received NOT the "love of the truth", that they MIGHT be saved.

[11] And FOR THIS CAUSE God shall send them STRONG delusion, that THEY SHOULD BELIEVE A LIE.

{12} That they all might be damned who BELIEVED NOT the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The solution is to love the truth: by studying the scriptures and OBEYING (being DOERS not just hearers/readers only).

And in that process of seeking the truth (Jesus), and studying the scriptures, if I come across something STRANGE: different from my usual beliefs oror which contracts the teachings, attitudes and values of my Pastor/Church: then I would STRONGLY accept it, NOT bothering about what MY father, mother, Pastors/Elders or church people would say: NO, ALL their reactions or opinions are RUBBISH "compare to" Christ's. Especially in spiritual things FIRST.

Deception is surely the main thing in these last days, Christians running after gifted and "prosperous men" after the order of Balaam: Pastors, great preachers of Signs and Wonders, Prosperity/Money-making gospel, Politically-correct gospel, Unity with ALL religion gospel (ecumenism), ETC.

We've got to judge ourselves individually and REPENT: like Jesus told one of the Churches in the book of Revelation:

Revelation 3:19 KJV
As many as I LOVE, I REBUKE and chasten: be zealous therefore, and REPENT.

Finally:
Rev.3.15 - "'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were EITHER cold or hot!
Rev.3.16 - So, because you are LUKEWARM, and NEITHER hot nor cold, I will SPIT YOU OUT of my mouth.

Lukewarmness (to be worldly and religious) is USELESS; He said even Coldness is better (total worldliness). However, we should rather humble ourselves, Repent, seek and Obey the truth (written in the New testament), "not necessarily" great Men/Churches.

May Jesus bless you.
Re: How To Escape Deception Of The Devil And Religious Men/Church by davidinchrist(m): 9:48am On Jul 03, 2020
Revelation 3:19 KJV
As many as I LOVE, I REBUKE and chasten: be zealous therefore, and REPENT.
Re: How To Escape Deception Of The Devil And Religious Men/Church by davidinchrist(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2020
Matthew 24:5 KJV
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive MANY.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Appoints Rev. Yakubu Pam as NCPC Boss / It Can Be You. / Basic Reconciliation Steps: You Can Make It Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.