Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies (35996 Views)

South Africans Are Asking Why In Nigerian Movies Everyone Is Christian / Amazon Prime Acquires Jim Iyke's Movie 'Bad Comments' / Revenge Of Shina Rambo Season 6 - 2017 Latest Nigerian Movies African Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by ovcwality(m): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
AHHHHH! OH MY GOD!......

If someone propose. Don't watch naija films but have heard this one uncountable times anytime someone is watching
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by ObaKlaz: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
Weak, predictable and often nonsensical dialogues!
...not to forget the ludicrous accents and badly pronounced words by the actors.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by visiondee(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
"You shot me" suppose dey
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
How about

TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Olam09(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
when a poor man suddenly turn rich opor undecidedwhen a poor man suddenly turn rich opor
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by ednut1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
Missed my period. All sex in 9ja movies results to belle

4 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by kingxsamz(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
It's only when a woman catches a man in a sexual act with another woman, that's when you hear the phrase, "It's not what you think".
grin If it's not what she thinks it is, what is it then?

4 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Zontage: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
......for whatever you say shall be used against you in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Liposure: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2020
Come and be going/its the devil/i bind you/sorry for yourself/our people say

1 Like

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Iceberg3: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2020
All they do in Ngbantiwood stage is experimental mining industrialism. grin

Happy weekend jawe lzaa imhotep wenediali slap44 esseite mrvitalis severussnape racoon apcharam bastardmod adaibeku
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by HimName: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
Give me a grandchild

8 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
I will confess .

11 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Homiesjinxbank: 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2020
Brother i have noticed that for weeks now, and if you accept it will be on your profile.. Seun better explain this shit before you divide nairaland

And from findings i learnt that Seun is a Christian, a core Foursquare member... Christian lives matter..

Greenbirth:
Before I comment on this matter. I WANT TO SAY THAT CHRISTIAN LIVE MATTER IN THIS FORUM. FIRST I CAN'T SEE ANY REASON WHY IF YOU GO TO RELIGION SECTION AND YOU HAVE A COMMENT TO MAKE IN ISLAMIC TOPIC, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO EITHER ACCEPT OR NOT. WHILE IN CHRISTIAN SIDE NO QUESTION WILL BE ASKED TO ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST FIRST BEFORE COMMENTING. WHY... WHY

1 Like

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
Exactly. Meanwhile contact us to sub and upgrade your dstv and gotv.
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Bobotic(m): 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
I dey on my own grin

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Kenmatt(m): 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
It's very unfortunate that most of the grammars used in Nigeria movies are full of errors.

Most characters can not do a full sentence with out featuring blunders.

In most cases, they would even be composing as if they puffed Queen's English.

I don't even know if the work was edited or not before publication.

1 Like

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Videx99(m): 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
Tufia kwa, over my dead body�

1 Like

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by ceejayluv(m): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
I'm pregnant

4 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by makinson2865: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
...... And their usless suspense tone /beat" gan gan " kre kre kre

6 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Olaa: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
THE UNDISPUTED ONE IIIIIIIS!

TO ERR IS HUMAN, TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE sad shocked shocked shocked

Redstorm:
1. HOW DARE YOU?
When a character does or says something daring that another character considers nasty or disrespectful.

2. I CAN EXPLAIN.
When a character’s misdeed is exposed or when they are caught red-handed engaged in an unacceptable act.

3. ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK
Same as in the case of I CAN EXPLAIN

4. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I CALLED YOU?
Usually when an older character attempts to caution a younger one about what they (the younger one) are about to do or over what they have done wrong.

5. GOD FORBID!
Chanted as a way of rejecting a bad wish or perceived bad wish against one.

6. OVER MY DEAD BODY!
Same as in the case of GOD FORBID.

7. THUNDER FIRE YOU!
An insulting phrase, invoking a lightning strike, yelled at a character in anger.

8. YOU ARE A FOOL.
When a character does something foolish or is not smart enough.

9. I DON’T BLAME YOU.
A sarcastic way of showing anger when one has been offended.

10. IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT.
Same as in the case of I DON’T BLAME YOU.

11. BY THE TIME I’M THROUGH WITH YOU...
Used as a threat by one character against another in a strong manner.

12. HOLY GHOST FIRE!
A phrase chanted by a Christian character to counteract an enemy’s action.

13. WONDERS SHALL NEVER END.
When something incredible happens.

14. SEE ME SEE TROUBLE
Comment made by a character when they are being accused wrongly or when someone is trying to make trouble with them.

15. DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?
A question posed usually by an arrogant character to another character they consider less important.

16. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?
Used to challenge an arrogant character or a perceived pompous character.

17. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I WARNED YOU... ? or HAVE I NOT WARNED YOU...
Used to show disapproval against a character who has carried out an action despite repeated warnings.

18. YOU ARE A WITCH.
An insult thrown at a detested female character.

19. YOU SLAPPED ME?
Posed by a character who has been slapped when they least expect it.

20. WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT THE MORNING (OR AFTERNOON OR EVENING)?
An angry way of replying someone who has just greeted one
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:
Igbo films too dull...

It's not their calling...

How many of their actresses are millionaires without politicians as their big gods?

I love Yoruba movies. Full of suspense, intrigues, wisdoms, knowledge, actions packed, romantic and educating.
You have brought in tribalism again. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by olyrayy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
osamz007:
grin NOLLYWOOD VERY PREDICTABLE

YOU CAN PREDICT THE END BY JUST LOOKING AT THEIR ADVERT POSTER

EITHER LOVE, KINGSHIP STRUGGLE, CULTISM

NO ADVENTURES

WITH GUNSHOTS LIKE KNOCKOUTS

What are you saying? You can also do the same for Hollywood movies. The only difference is that Hollywood movies have a higher budget.
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by jamalnation(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
When are you going to the village
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
A reflection of the society we live in and how shallow minded the writers of the so called movies are
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Akpacha(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
Don't tell me cook and bull story.
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Akaegwu(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2020
Igwe must hear this.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Pavillon: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
Any thing you say or do will be used against you in court,
Oya move
!

This one dy sweet me die grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by akmath: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
WHERE WHEN HOW?

2 Likes

Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by davidbanner(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
Do you know who I am?

This should top the list grin
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by Adelivinggreat(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
is there any tailorbricks Ltd applicants here?
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by DOnlooker(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Yoruba movies: Are you unfortunate?
Re: 20 Common Comments & Phrases Used In Nigerian Movies by MunorAnne(f): 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
When you hear ''what?!'', ''when?'', ''how?'', just know that accident has happened.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Voting Result That Got Rico Swavey Evicted / Whitemoney: I Will Compensate Boma, Liquorose If I Win BBNaija N90m Grand Prize / BBNaija: Tobi And Cee-C Kiss And Dance (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.