Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods (5906 Views)

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved / Question For The Abroad People / Ponzi Haters Guides To Investing For Abroad People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Which country are you living now

i live in Medellin, Colombia... and although they have a big Afro culture here, covid-19 has closed many of these African goods shops.

3 Likes

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Mummyimbecile(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2020
almost everyday
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Vietnaminfo(m): 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2020
Everyday..
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dyonne: 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
Every day and I make it myself.

Cooking is an essential life skill to have.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
OK then.. You guys should do and let me start sending Naija foodstuffs to you guys
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by HumanCalc: 10:59am On Aug 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

i live in Medellin, Colombia... and although they have a big Afro culture here, covid-19 has closed many of these African goods shops.
Wow. You are living in Pablo Escobar's town. Pls tell me you have been to his house for tourist purpose...lol
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
HumanCalc:
Wow. You are living in Pablo Escobar's town. Pls tell me you have been to his house for tourist purpose...lol

bro, as much as many people look up to these people, this is not my cup of tea. furthermore, gringos who are into this type of things are not well viewed here because (to the locals) Pablo Escobar was a demon who murdered millions of innocent people. what he did for the poor is much less than the atrocities he committed.

but the hard reality is that, thanks to the Narcos serie and the wonderful city, Medellin has turned into a touristic hotspot. i once met a Korean dude here who told me the only reason he came to Colombia is because he fell in love with the narcos serie, and wanted to discover Medellin.

actually i once pass by the ruins of one of his old house in Guatape, who is next to a lake.... and even though the place has been burned down and bombed by police, you could still see the extravagant lifestyle of the dude. there was tunnel everywhere leading from the main house to a nightclub on the property and escape routes everywhere.

Pablo Escobar last known residence in Medellin was demolished a year ago (the building was a 10 floor building complex just for his family and security). the city believe it was a bad reminder of the evil that he was, and had to get rid of it. check below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbL8R-6EPOM
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by HumanCalc: 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

bro, as much as many people look up to these people, this is not my cup of tea. furthermore, gringos who are into this type of things are not well viewed here because (to the locals) Pablo Escobar was a demon who murdered millions of innocent people. what he did for the poor is much less than the atrocities he committed.

but the hard reality is that, thanks to the Narcos serie and the wonderful city, Medellin has turned into a touristic hotspot. i once met a Korean dude here who told me the only reason he came to Colombia is because he fell in love with the narcos serie, and wanted to discover Medellin.

actually i once pass by the ruins of one of his old house in Guatape, who is next to a lake.... and even though the place has been burned down and bombed by police, you could still see the extravagant lifestyle of the dude. there was tunnel everywhere leading from the main house to a nightclub on the property and escape routes everywhere.

Pablo Escobar last known residence in Medellin was demolished a year ago (the building was a 10 floor building complex just for his family and security). the city believe it was a bad reminder of the evil that he was, and had to get rid of it. check below:

Lol. Gringo. You are really in Colombia. As for me, I just love anything that has to do with history. Really. Watching Narcos just made me fall in love with the history. Personally, I detest the man too, he was really a monster. But no vex oo, why Colombia? Was it for studies or what? What sector are you working in?
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
HumanCalc:
Lol. Gringo. You are really in Colombia. As for me, I just love anything that has to do with history. Really. Watching Narcos just made me fall in love with the history. Personally, I detest the man too, he was really a monster. But no vex oo, why Colombia? Was it for studies or what? What sector are you working in?

yeah, as much as Pablo Escobar and cocaine is probably the 1st thing that comes to mind if someone says COLOMBIA, there is so much more to the country (Coffee, beautiful country, fantastic women, perfect weather, amazing food and diversity etc).

what brought me here is my desire to discover Colombia. the important question IS: why not Colombia/Medellin? i have lived in South America before (Brazil/Argentina) and love the way of life down here... the weather is perfect for me (spring all year long) and if i want the beach/Caribbean super hot weather, i can just drive to the coast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by HumanCalc: 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

yeah, as much as Pablo Escobar and cocaine is probably the 1st thing that comes to mind if someone says COLOMBIA, there is so much more to the country (Coffee, beautiful country, fantastic women, perfect weather, amazing food and diversity etc).

what brought me here is my desire to discover Colombia. the important question IS: why not Colombia/Medellin? i have lived in South America before (Brazil/Argentina) and love the way of life down here... the weather is perfect for me (spring all year long) and if i want the beach/Caribbean super hot weather, i can just drive to the coast.
You are the real "lifer"......Really, dictating how you want to live to life is the best thing and not let life dictate how you live to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2020
If you need foodstuff abroad I can help you send it down
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 6:50am On Oct 27, 2020
How far my abroad people??
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 4:28am On Jan 26, 2022
We will deliver to u
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by dreaonit: 11:17am On Mar 02, 2023
How do you guys survive,I mean jobs wise as an African?
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by oscarnoble(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kenn55:
I eat Nigerian food 99% of the time. Apart from pizza, i don't think i have eaten any other oyibo food. My wife cooks all kinds of soup. I can't eat oyibo foods, it is tasteless to me
where do you base?
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Kenn55: 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2023
oscarnoble:
where do you base?
Canada
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Journe: 12:33am On Mar 03, 2023
I eat Nigerian food every day
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by demo79: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
Always
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by sonnie10: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
Dellaxlogistic:
OK guys those of you who grew up in Nigeria before relocating abroad, how often do you eat Nigeria foods. Those of you who are abroad born have you ever considered eating Nigeria foods? You people are missing sha if you are not eating Nigerian foods.. Don't salivate ooo.. Stay on the thread and pass your comments
If you live in a cold climate where you hardly get enough physical activities, with solitary life style, it would be very unhealthy eating any of those foods.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 11, 2023
It depends on my mood and what I feel like eating.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by dreaonit: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2023
Talk more about life in Colombia for someone interested to visit and possibly stay for some days.

MrBrownJay1:

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Schrodinger2(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
I usually make Nigerian jollof rice, sometimes, I use spaghetti instead of par boiled rice.

I've stayed without any form of swallow and soup for 360 days. A lady knew and prepared Amala with egusi before I set a new record of Year.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Justkatty(f): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
Schrodinger2:
I usually make Nigerian jollof rice, sometimes, I use spaghetti instead of par boiled rice.

I've stayed without any form of swallow and soup for 360 days. A lady knew and prepared Amala with egusi before I set a new record of Year.
:o360 days without swallow?
Woa
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Schrodinger2(m): 12:18am On Oct 04, 2023
Justkatty:
:o360 days without swallow?
Woa
Yeah, never prepared swallow since I left 9ja.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Justkatty(f): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2023
Schrodinger2:

Yeah, never prepared swallow since I left 9ja.
Kind of surprised though
Which of the countries are you of you don't mind
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Schrodinger2(m): 12:59am On Oct 06, 2023
Justkatty:
Kind of surprised though
Which of the countries are you of you don't mind
US
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Justkatty(f): 9:29am On Oct 06, 2023
Schrodinger2:

US
Ok
Biden's people smiley
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by ndidibabe(f): 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
Dellaxlogistic:

But can you get ingredients sharp sharp and arrange some levels? Lol! Like one guy in Greece went to the supermarket to buy okro.. �
Okro is not just a Nigerian thing. You will find surplus in Europe and America.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by 042reports(f): 6:14am On Oct 09, 2023
One day me sef go travel out.
Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa Visit Visa / Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) / My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.