Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,166 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link (848 Views)

2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party / 2023: Zone Presidency To South or Else You Face The Wrath Law-lawan To APC,PDP / President Of Nigeria Will Be Chosen Based On Credentials,not Tribe Or Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by ODI444(m): 8:56am On Jul 03, 2020
Recently, we have witnessed series of posts on why it should be Rotimi Amaechi in 2023 and how Igbos will benefit if Rotimi Amaechi becomes president.
Splendid to say the least.
Rotimi Amaechi has right to vote and be voted for. He has paid his dues and should be commended for that.
However, 2023 has nothing to do with being an Igbo man or not. What is on lips of every Nigeria including Rotimi Amaechi is Nigeria president of South East extraction. It’s sacrosanct.
But assuming 2023 is an Igbo thing, where will Rotimi Amaechi be found?
I may call Rotimi Amaechi an Igbo man today, he will swallow the ‘bitter pill’ but in 2007, he would utterly reject it.
Google the ethnic groups in Rivers and see for yourself. You have Ikwerre, Igbo and Ijaw. So who are promoting Ikwerre as a ethnic group if not people like Rotimi Amaechi?
In 2007, Obasanjo was in dilemma on whom to chose as running mate between Goodluck Jonathan and Chief Peter Odili. How did figure it out?
Sources said He called Peter Odili and asked him a very simple question: what is your tribe? The innocent Peter answered: “I am a Rivers Man”. They said the question was repeated and the man made no mistake in affirming that he is a ‘Rivers Man’.
Is Rotimi Amaechi an Igbo man? By name he is; but he as well be a Yoruba man by name too.
I leave you to your conscience.
Link: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/332296-2023-you-are-in-no-position-to-write-igbos-off-obi-tells-amaechi.html
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 03, 2020
We don't care... 2023 is for the southern region
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 03, 2020
We don't care... 2023 is for the southern region..

PDP igbo 2023
APC yoruba 2023

Let the southern brothers settle it.....
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

PDP igbo 2023

APC yoruba 2023

Nah it's either igbo or north have it ...there is nothing like south ..politics is about interest Oga Yoruba man ..go and sleep

What yorubas advised igbos to build bridge like they did in 2015 ...it's exactly what we are doing

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nyamuri: 9:35am On Jul 03, 2020
I'll love to see this as a northerner.. so this matter can finally be settled
Igbobymarriage:

PDP igbo 2023

APC yoruba 2023

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by ODI444(m): 9:54am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

PDP igbo 2023

APC yoruba 2023

Of course you know Ogbonaya Onuh would’ve beaten Obasanjo and Falae if he didn’t step down for Falae. This is a kind gesture. Yorubas should return it. This is a recipe for Southern Unity.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by DEROX: 10:09am On Jul 03, 2020
ODI444:

Of course you know Ogbonaya Onuh would’ve beaten Obasanjo and Falae if he didn’t step down for Falae. This is a kind gesture. Yorubas should return it. This is a recipe for Southern Unity.
Jesus beaten obj northern boy OK I heard you

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 03, 2020
ODI444:

Balderdash

Ogbonaya wud av beaten Obasanjo in ur imaginary thought..

Keep deceiving ursef nna.... No SE stand a chance against sw in presidential election

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by ODI444(m): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

Balderdash

Ogbonaya wud av beaten Obasanjo in ur imaginary thought..

Keep deceiving ursef nna.... No SE stand a chance against sw in presidential election
Thank God you are aware Igbos don’t fear competition. In fact Igbos thrive in competition especially, we there are level playing group.
Also, you all have loathed the Igbos of greedy, but the most greedy has been exposed.
How can you explain this to the power brokers?
8 years of Obasanjo
8 years of Osibanjo
8 years of ?? SW
You may not even get senate president.
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by MetaPhysical: 10:49am On Jul 03, 2020
ODI444:
Recently, we have witnessed series of posts on why it should be Rotimi Amaechi in 2023 and how Igbos will benefit if Rotimi Amaechi becomes president.
Splendid to say the least.
Rotimi Amaechi has right to vote and be voted for. He has paid his dues and should be commended for that.
However, 2023 has nothing to do with being an Igbo man or not. What is on lips of every Nigeria including Rotimi Amaechi is Nigeria president of South East extraction. It’s sacrosanct.
But assuming 2023 is an Igbo thing, where will Rotimi Amaechi be found?
I may call Rotimi Amaechi an Igbo man today, he will swallow the ‘bitter pill’ but in 2007, he would utterly reject it.
Google the ethnic groups in Rivers and see for yourself. You have Ikwerre, Igbo and Ijaw. So who are promoting Ikwerre as a ethnic group if not people like Rotimi Amaechi?
In 2007, Obasanjo was in dilemma on whom to chose as running mate between Goodluck Jonathan and Chief Peter Odili. How did figure it out?
Sources said He called Peter Odili and asked him a very simple question: what is your tribe? The innocent Peter answered: “I am a Rivers Man”. They said the question was repeated and the man made no mistake in affirming that he is a ‘Rivers Man’.
Is Rotimi Amaechi an Igbo man? By name he is; but he as well be a Yoruba man by name too.
I leave you to your conscience.
Link: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/332296-2023-you-are-in-no-position-to-write-igbos-off-obi-tells-amaechi.html

Are you sure?

Igbos have been saying North should continue in power. Igbos know they cannot defeat Yoruba, so they are lining up behind North against Yoruba. grin

Igbo already defeated itself when they openly made noise demanding North to continue ruling.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by IamWonderful: 10:49am On Jul 03, 2020
But igbos don't want presidency naw, it biafra or death

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by ODI444(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Are you sure?

Igbos have been saying North should continue in power. Igbos know they cannot defeat Yoruba, so they are lining up behind North against Yoruba. grin

Igbo already defeated itself when they openly made noise demanding North to continue ruling.

You know the last thing Igbos could be are weaklings. Yorubas can’t beat Igbos in politics because I cannot see that Yoruba that has that spread. If Igbos mandate Rochas Okorocha and Orji Kanu to lobby the north, I don’t know who in SW will do better than them.
What Igbos are avoiding is the north using the crack in the south to do a subterfuge. They have been doing that with the help of South West.
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

PDP igbo 2023

APC yoruba 2023

What is south ? ..if there is zoning then it's to the South East
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbochief001:
What is south ? ..if there is zoning then it's to the South East
But Jonathan is an igbo man by extension...

Azikwe Jonathan... Isn't igbo there??
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

But Jonathan is an igbo man by extension...

Azikwe Jonathan... Isn't igbo there??
Is Jonathan from South East ? ...we won't even vote and Igbo asaba man ...it's the turn of South East ...south east and igbo are two different things Bros

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by hollah123: 11:45am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbochief001:

Nah it's either igbo or north have it ...there is nothing like south ..politics is about interest Oga Yoruba man ..go and sleep

What yorubas advised igbos to build bridge like they did in 2015 ...it's exactly what we are doing
it's obvious Igbos are scared to face the Yorubas n I am also suspecting that the Igbos knows for sure that PDP will never give them their ticket.

What Igbos should get is northerners will not want powers to remain in d North come 2023 cos they know if d south gets it it will take long b4 they get it back.

so Igbos are planning to play a spoilers game n we all can see that from afar so we will put them in their place as usual

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 03, 2020
hollah123:
it's obvious Igbos are scared to face the Yorubas n I am also suspecting that the Igbos knows for sure that PDP will never give them their ticket.

What Igbos should get is northerners will not want powers to remain in d North come 2023 cos they know if d south gets it it will take long b4 they get it back.

so Igbos are planning to play a spoilers game n we all can see that from afar so we will put them in their place as usual
I don't tell me what to do ...why didn't yoruba contest in 2015 that u ran behind north were u afraid of ijaws ?
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbochief001:

Is Jonathan from South East ? ...we won't even vote and Igbo asaba man ...it's the turn of South East ...south east and igbo are two different things Bros

SW are all yorubas

Yorubas are sw

Igbos are se

SE are igbos
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by hollah123: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2020
ODI444:

You know the last thing Igbos could be are weaklings. Yorubas can’t beat Igbos in politics because I cannot see that Yoruba that has that spread. If Igbos mandate Rochas Okorocha and Orji Kanu to lobby the north, I don’t know who in SW will do better than them.
What Igbos are avoiding is the north using the crack in the south to do a subterfuge. They have been doing that with the help of South West.
u keep saying yorubas can't beat Igbos but it's obvious Igbos are running from d contest.

please let Igbos face yorubas n let's settle this once n for all

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by hollah123: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbochief001:

I don't tell me what to do ...why didn't yoruba contest in 2015 that u ran behind north were u afraid of ijaws ?
we all know it was d turn of d North n also Jonathan reneged d agreement of one term n also marginalised yorubas so we have every reason to follow north who has us as VP n not a marginalised government like GEJ.

Abeg let Igbos face yorubas if Igbos aren't weakling but courageous men

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2020
hollah123:
we all know it was d turn of d North n also Jonathan reneged d agreement of one term n also marginalised yorubas so we have every reason to follow north who has us as VP n not a marginalised government like GEJ.

Abeg let Igbos face yorubas if Igbos aren't weakling but courageous men
We all know too north need one more turn to balance the south ...see this one igbos would contest when we feel like ..there is nothing like zoning
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

SW are all yorubas

Yorubas are sw

Igbos are se

SE are igbos
Igbos are not limited to South East Oga
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
Igbochief001:
Igbos are not limited to South East Oga
Fne. So far Azikwe is an Igbo, then by extension, SE have ruled
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by JonDon12: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
hollah123:

Ibos are going to do what the sw did in 2015
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by hollah123: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
ODI444:

u are fabricating history by lieing to yourself bro
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by ODI444(m): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2020
Igbochief001:

I love this. This is the point of this thread. South East. Period!!!
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by ODI444(m): 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
hollah123:
u keep saying yorubas can't beat Igbos but it's obvious Igbos are running from d contest.

please let Igbos face yorubas n let's settle this once n for all

You have failed to observe the trend of events. South West or Yorubas which ever you want to call, have right to contest, but they are not considered in 2023. It’s in the past tense. Nothing can activate it.
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by hollah123: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2020
ODI444:

You have failed to observe the trend of events. South West or Yorubas which ever you want to call, have right to contest, but they are not considered in 2023. It’s in the past tense. Nothing can activate it.
who is not considering them abeg?

hope u ain't talking about northerners cos u n I know that d northerners don't trust Igbos n they know for sure if Igbos get power they will scatter d country so don't delude yourself about Igbo presidency now bro.

what are my even saying?
let's wait if PDP your beloved party will field Igbos first
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by ODI444(m): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
hollah123:
who is not considering them abeg?

hope u ain't talking about northerners cos u n I know that d northerners don't trust Igbos n they know for sure if Igbos get power they will scatter d country so don't delude yourself about Igbo presidency now bro.

what are my even saying?
let's wait if PDP your beloved party will field Igbos first

I have lived in the north and it beats my imagination how educated South give so much reverence to the north.
Of course I’m not referring to the North. I’m talking about king makers which are in every zone of the country.
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by hollah123: 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
ODI444:

I have lived in the north and it beats my imagination how educated South give so much reverence to the north.
Of course I’m not referring to the North. I’m talking about king makers which are in every zone of the country.
answer d following questions

will PDP give it's ticket to Igbos come 2023 with all the sacrifice they made under PDP?

as things are today,who do u think d North elders n masses trust d most? yorubas or Igbos?

do u think with Nnamdi Kanu outbursts n name calling coupled with Igbos unstable political conditions,do u think any party will zone it's ticket to d east?

don't u think it's rather shameful for the Igbos to ask for presidential ticket from the terrorist Islamic ewedu gobblers party? don't talk about Igbos in APC bro cos u n I know they are minority n they don't stand d chance
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by MetaPhysical: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
ODI444:

Really?

SW does not need North to win. North need us.

Our comparative advantage is unmatched in Nigeria.

The politics of land mass and population has shifted, the advantage is now in security, economy, technology. Yoruba lead in all three.

North has nothing we need. They lack security, lack economy, lack technology. They need Yoruba.

But I understand that Ibo needs North. Thats not surprising.
Re: 2023: Zone Not ‘tribe’. Link by richie240: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2020
Clowns everywhere!
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Moment Ooni Of Ife Endorsed Governor Obaseki (video) / Gani Adams Denies Involvement In Oduduwa Republic / No Need All Igbo Speakers Will Go With Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.