Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:23 AM

Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After (38256 Views)

CP Aderemi Adeoye Street In Anambra State - Photo / Aderemi Adeoye: My Firm Worth N20bn, Will Give Dangote A Run For His Money / Will Governor Makinde Avert The “Impeachment” Of His Deputy, Rauf Aderemi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by ejimatic: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
shadrach77:

Who told you this fable?
. It is not a fable .It is in the authorbiography of the late king.You can also access this online too.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Hades2016(m): 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
Christistruth00:

And Modakeke meanwhile Ooni Aderemi's first wife was from Modakeke
story teller grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by illicit(m): 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
The late king was enlightened

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by SaintBeehot(m): 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
peeps4u:

Are you from Modakeke?
I am from Modakeke.
You are so right in your posts
same here bro

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Amdoyin(m): 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2020
CocoaOla:
Eniitan has apologies you know family matters and land issue s
hmmmm. Its such a gory scene and remains indelible.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Haywhymido(m): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Not that way,

It was the other way round. It was Alaafin busy fighting Ooni Sijuade.

Though Sijuade was busy hating Modakeke
and the ijesa king.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Funmisurge(m): 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
2nd Niger bridge, Rail from Lagos to Kano, Revamp of Ajaokuta, The first civilian president in Nigeria that took power from power mongers PDP and lot more

1 Like

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by KingBaba1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Oba Okunade Sijuade was unable to follow the footsteps of his predecessor cry

Ife had the most unprecedented growth and development during his reign. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife was his influence
ooni sijuade isn't the one to make ile ife grow. The man tried his best, just that his best wasn't enough. No man will hate his home town for no reason and wouldn't want growth to happen to the town. I wonder why people always castigate ooni okunade just because he was a king and he had his own enemies, even amongst his people. If the ooni okunade supports a particular political party, people will complain and abuse him, where as they sing the praises of ooni Aderemi who was a politician and a royal father. It is the right of the federal government and state government to develop every city and town in the country and not an obas duty. Oba is to settle dispute and be a figure head leader of a town or city. Don't forget the oba can be dethroned, and it wasn't queen Elizabeth that made uk what it is now, she may be the royal highness, but there are lots of people, plans and factors that made uk what is it today. America does not have an oba as the ceremonial head, but the people and the government are doing their best in providing for its citizens. Ooni sijuwade wasn't perfect, but he tried his best and couldn't have done it alone. The influence of oba Aderemi as the then western region governor can not be undermined as a huge factor that made that OAU possible to be situated at ile ife. Ooni sijuwade wanted to have the state capital of osun state situated in ile ife by his power and connections, so it can serve as his own major achievement during his reign, but it was the same people that frustrated his efforts on it that always say he doesn't do anything for ife. I believe oshogbo deserve the state capital than ife and i also believe the late ooni sijuwade tried his best, though he isn't perfect. There are so many rich ife indigenes, what have they done to ife? That's why i will always respect and of opinion that the maye of ife, Chief Raymond Adegoke Adedoyin(proprietor /CEO oduduwa University ile ife) as the only rich ile ife son. Even though there are some who are rich but couldn't establish their businesses in ife due to the environment. For example, someone who is into maritime or crude oil business can't establish his business in ife, more so logistics and cargo businesses too, so no matter how loving and loyal u are to your town or city, there are things u couldn't do for the town in terms of business. Ooni Aderemi tried, and i doubt if any king can surpass his achievement as an oba in thr ancient city of ile ife. Let's wait and see what will happen when ife descendant becomes the governor of the state in nearest future, let's hope the town will benefit from it immensely... Omisore and his ilks have failed ife when it comes to politics, they always fight for their pockets. N. B i was born and raised in ile ife too, and i love the town like kilode. I was a victim of the 1997 crises of the ife and modakeke, but we thank God for life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by RemoveKebab: 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
[quote author=IpobOsuIgbo post=91369348 [/quote]

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Amotolongbo(f): 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
KingBaba1:
ooni sijuade isn't the one to make ile ife grow. The man tried his best, just that his best wasn't enough. No man will hate his home town for no reason and wouldn't want growth to happen to the town. I wonder why people always castigate ooni okunade just because he was a king and he had his own enemies, even amongst his people. If the ooni okunade supports a particular political party, people will complain and abuse him, where as they sing the praises of ooni Aderemi who was a politician and a royal father. It is the right of the federal government and state government to develop every city and town in the country and not an obas duty. Oba is to settle dispute and be a figure head leader of a town or city. Don't forget the oba can be dethroned, and it wasn't queen Elizabeth that made uk what it is now, she may be the royal highness, but there are lots of people, plans and factors that made uk what is it today. America does not have an oba as the ceremonial head, but the people and the government are doing their best in providing for its citizens. Ooni sijuwade wasn't perfect, but he tried his best and couldn't have done it alone. The influence of oba Aderemi as the then western region governor can not be undermined as a huge factor that made that OAU possible to be situated at ile ife. Ooni sijuwade wanted to have the state capital of osun state situated in ile ife by his power and connections, so it can serve as his own major achievement during his reign, but it was the same people that frustrated his efforts on it that always say he doesn't do anything for ife. I believe oshogbo deserve the state capital than ife and i also believe the late ooni sijuwade tried his best, though he isn't perfect. There are so many rich ife indigenes, what have they done to ife? That's why i will always respect and of opinion that the maye of ife, Chief Raymond Adegoke Adedoyin(proprietor /CEO oduduwa University ile ife) as the only rich ile ife son. Even though there are some who are rich but couldn't establish their businesses in ife due to the environment. For example, someone who is into maritime or crude oil business can't establish his business in ife, more so logistics and cargo businesses too, so no matter how loving and loyal u are to your town or city, there are things u couldn't do for the town in terms of business. Ooni Aderemi tried, and i doubt if any king can surpass his achievement as an oba in thr ancient city of ile ife. Let's wait and see what will happen when ife descendant becomes the governor of the state in nearest future, let's hope the town will benefit from it immensely... Omisore and his ilks have failed ife when it comes to politics, they always fight for their pockets. N. B i was born and raised in ile ife too, and i love the town like kilode. I was a victim of the 1997 crises of the ife and modakeke, but we thank God for life
There is more to this you said bro.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Christistruth00: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
ekestic1976:

Ooni Aderemi's mother too was from Modakeke. It's a major Read on he didn't have trouble with Modakeke.

During Oba Aderemi's reign Modakeke people referred to themselves as indigenes of Ile Ife such was the mutual respect and understanding that Modakeke people saw Ooni Aderemi as their leader.
It was when Sijuwade got to the throne that Yawa exploded and the Modakeke people remembered that they were Oyos and not a part of Ife. Ooni Aderemi was like a Father to the Modakekes and they may have mourned his passing more than the Ife themselves did.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Omoejigbahe(m): 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Great monarch

1 Like

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by ejimatic: 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Ooni Aderemi married Olori Segilola from Modakeke then

Sijuade loathed the Modakeke people till his death.
Two crises held between Ife and Modakeke during Sijuade’s reign, 1981 (Sijuade was coronated in 1980) and 1997.
. There was also another one in 1983 during UPN and NPN era .Ifes were supporting UPN while Modakekes were supporting NPN.It was at that time that Modakekes killed Wole Odelola their son for supporting UPN and Bola Ige .
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by noblealuu: 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Not that way,

It was the other way round. It was Alaafin busy fighting Ooni Sijuade.

Though Sijuade was busy hating Modakeke

Moda Keke? is she the mother of keke
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by bigtt76(f): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Not sure this man knew he signed this document shaaa cheesy whatever they gave him to eat that made him remember someone who died 40 years ago... must be good. Please they should give him more so he remembers we are suffering in this country since 5 years ago

Amotolongbo:

https://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-remembers-ooni-aderemi-40-years-after/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Christistruth00: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
ejimatic:
. There was also another one in 1983 during UPN and NPN era .Ifes were supporting UPN while Modakekes were supporting NPN.It was at that time that Modakekes killed Wole Odelola their son for supporting UPN and Bola Ige .

That was under Sijuwade. Ooni Aderemi would have settled things peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by seguno2: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
teebaxy:
I WONDER WHAT BUAHARI WILL BE REMEMBERD AFTER 40 YEARS

The barawo will be remembered for looting, looting and only looting!
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Kindledlight(m): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Ife had the most unprecedented growth and development during his reign. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife was his influence

Quite agree with you but don’t forget Oba Okunade Sijuade fought a lot of battle with Oyo through Modakeke even till he joins his ancestors and it was slightly due to mistake made by Oba Aderemi due to alot of privileges he gave the modakekes because he married their daughter.
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by ejimatic: 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Christistruth00:

That was under Sijuwade. Ooni Aderemi would have settled things peacefully.
. It was under late Oba Sijuwade

1 Like

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Kindledlight(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Nope

Born and bred in Ife

Omo agbole abi adugbo wo?

Omo ilode ni emi
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by CocoaOla: 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kindledlight:

Quite agree with you but don’t forget Oba Okunade Sijuade fought a lot of battle with Oyo through Modakeke even till he joins his ancestors and it was slightly due to mistake made by Oba Aderemi due to alot of privileges he gave the modakekes because he married their daughter.
Ife gave birth to OYO no reasonable father will be that brutal to his own blood. Ife, Modakeke, OYO are one dont segregate for the sake of our children all yoruba s are one blood. a big happy family

Everyone should forgive and forget all this little little family fight is what is dragging the yoruba race backwards this is mordern world we need to plan our development together

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
ejimatic:
. Late Tadenikawo Adesoji Aderemi....His father was a great hunter and warrior .He was in the forest when Late Adesoji was born.When he came back home and was handed the new baby ,he carried him and saw the sign that he would be the king.That is why the man named him Tadenikawomolara meaning "respect him because he would be a King " shortened as Tadenikawo" .Years later he became ooni of Ife..

Hmmm...the great historian!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by ejimatic: 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Hmmm...the great historian!
. Yes Ooo
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by dalass(f): 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Oba Aderemi was a politician and Statesman.... He was even a Governor of some sorts... So he used his political influence well

We can't compare him with Oba Sijuade at all. Hardly do we have Kings who are into politics these days ... Its no longer done as partisan politics won't pay his people at the end of the day.
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by salford1: 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Omishor2020:

And he made their Chief a King abi.
Sijuade made their Baale a king. That wasn't Aderemi.
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by salford1: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
ekestic1976:

Ooni Aderemi's mother too was from Modakeke. It's a major reason on he didn't have trouble with Modakeke.
Not true. My great great grandmother, Adekunbi Ipetu was from Ipetu.
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Sammy07: 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
Then, I notice something.
Why is it that state capitals weren't place in the town of an influential king.

Osun, the state capital wasn't place in Ile ife

Ondo, the state capital wasn't place in Ondo town, instead the state was Named after it.

Oyo, the state capital wasn't place in Oyo town, instead the state was named after it.

Except Abeokuta and Ado Ekiti?

Amotologbon
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Amotolongbo(f): 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
bigtt76:
Not sure this man knew he signed this document shaaa cheesy whatever they gave him to eat that made him remember someone who died 40 years ago... must be good. Please they should give him more so he remembers we are suffering in this country since 5 years ago

You?

So you don’t support Buhari again?

Eeyan e ti o mo gidi gan ni mi o grin
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by Amotolongbo(f): 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kindledlight:

Omo agbole abi adugbo wo?

Omo ilode ni emi
CocoaOla:
which compound in Ife?
emi kii se omo ife o
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by CocoaOla: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
emi kii se omo ife o
Gbogbo omo yoruba is ife indigene by blood we are one baby
Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by ThatFairGuy1: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sammy07:

You're right.

Sijuade was busy fighting Alaafin grin

Those two Ehn grin
Okunade was after money, not Yoruba's interest. He never supported Awolowo even MKO, during his struggle. Sir Adesoji Aderemi wrote his name on platter of gold

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Remembers Ooni Aderemi 40 Years After by ThatFairGuy1: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
emi kii se omo ife o
okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja / Special Forces Kill Scores Of Bandits Terrorising Abuja-Kaduna Road / Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.