Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving (1240 Views)

Replacing 1ZZ With 1AZ In Toyota Avensis 2000 Model / Mercedes Benz C200 VS Toyota Avensis 2005 / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by samally: 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
Greetings to the elite in the house

I took my car Toyota Avensis 2005 couple with 1az-sfe Engine...

the engine hermit black when start at cold but will stop after some minute of running , my mechanic decide to clean the fuel injector nozzle.

Since, then the car refuse to rev above 1800RPM..

It as was scanned and the following part as been replaced
Fuel injector,Fuel pump even the Divider as been replace even most of the sensors as been replace from Pressure sensor and co
still the problem is still the same...

please anyone with the same error should be pls help...

update
Today my mechanic discovered that the Throttle position sensor stay close instead of opening..

Note there is current flow in the sensor bcus if you depressed the sensor without ignition on it will respond but ones you turn on the ignition it will firm strong even when trying bro opening it with iron tools..

what could have been the cause ..

hope you read from you guys..
thanks
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2020
Post the error codes.
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by 9icetoo(m): 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
Scan again.
Meanwhile, check the high pressure fuel pump on the engine. Ensure the plug is snug and the pins are not bent.
If that pump isn't working well, the engine displays this symptom you are facing.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by samally: 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
Frankdamaxx:
Post the error codes.
I will do that tomorrow sir
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by samally: 8:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
9icetoo:
Scan again.
Meanwhile, check the high pressure fuel pump on the engine. Ensure the plug is snug and the pins are not bent.
If that pump isn't working well, the engine displays this symptom you are facing.
Cheers

Pump as been replaced more than twice..
is there anyway to confirm the function of this pump?
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by 9icetoo(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
samally:

Pump as been replaced more than twice..
is there anyway to confirm the function of this pump?
Which of the pumps was replaced?
The high pressure fuel pump on the camshaft or the fuel pump in the fuel tank?
I don't know how to test the high pressure fuel pump.
When a friends own had issues, we discovered by wiggling the wires while revved the car. Any time the pins made contact, the car revved well. We replaced the socket. And all was well. Again, there was a code from my scanner that led us there.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by samally: 2:32am On Jul 04, 2020
9icetoo:

Which of the pumps was replaced?
The high pressure fuel pump on the camshaft or the fuel pump in the fuel tank?
I don't know how to test the high pressure fuel pump.
When a friends own had issues, we discovered by wiggling the wires while revved the car. Any time the pins made contact, the car revved well. We replaced the socket. And all was well. Again, there was a code from my scanner that led us there.

Both the high pressure pump and the fuel tank...
Kindly note,the car fire order was good when the car was delivered to them for servicing ...

The socket was bought along with the high pressure pump today

What might go wrong ..more input put pls
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by kaziem(m): 3:50am On Jul 04, 2020
@samally, it is possible that the problem is due to blockage of the exhaust system as a result of the black smoke which might have spoilt the catalytic converter in the exhaust. When catalytic converter get spoilt (expires), it results in blockage of exhaust system and the engine will not have enough room to breathe.

A quick way to check this is by letting someone feel the blow/volume of air from the exhaust pipe while you try to revv the engine. Is the air volume enough?

To confirm this, tell the mechanic to loose (using 22 spanner) and remove the Oxygen sensor located on the exhaust manifold. Then try revv the engine. The engine will revv well after the Oxygen sensor is removed. (this shows that the problem is the blockage). Pls remember to replace the Oxygen sensor back to its position.

You will have to remove or replace the spoilt catalytic converter in the exhaust system for solution.

I hope this helps.
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by samally: 7:30am On Jul 04, 2020
kaziem:
@samally, it is possible that the problem is due to blockage of the exhaust system as a result of the black smoke which might have spoilt the catalytic converter in the exhaust. When catalytic converter get spoilt (expires), it results in blockage of exhaust system and the engine will not have enough room to breathe.

A quick way to check this is by letting someone feel the blow/volume of air from the exhaust pipe while you try to revv the engine. Is the air volume enough?

To confirm this, tell the mechanic to loose (using 22 spanner) and remove the Oxygen sensor located on the exhaust manifold. Then try revv the engine. The engine will revv well after the Oxygen sensor is removed. (this shows that the problem is the blockage). Pls remember to replace the Oxygen sensor back to its position.

You will have to remove or replace the spoilt catalytic converter in the exhaust system for solution.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for your input we will look into that this morning
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by 9icetoo(m): 8:13am On Jul 04, 2020
samally:

Both the high pressure pump and the fuel tank...
Kindly note,the car fire order was good when the car was delivered to them for servicing ...

The socket was bought along with the high pressure pump today

What might go wrong ..more input put pls
Then I am stumped. Try what kaziem wrote and please for the love of the 1az engine, scan the car and get codes. This type of issue should throw codes.
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by samally: 11:40am On Jul 04, 2020
9icetoo:

Then I am stumped. Try what kaziem wrote and please for the love of the 1az engine, scan the car and get codes. This type of issue should throw codes.

Okay
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by samally: 7:21am On Jul 07, 2020
greetings sirs

we're checked and tried all the instructions here but still the issue of not revving persist.....

I read through this forum regarding GDI engines and I realized they're both the same in firing order.

should I tell the technician to open up the cylinder or I should replace the engine to 2az...

hope to read from you guys..
thanks for your time
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by kaziem(m): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2020
If your mechanic opens the cylinder, what does he want to do there?.....trial & error!

If all those suggestions did not work, it might be better to scan and pull out the error codes as someone mentioned earlier. Let them scan it in your presence and see the codes yourself, don't stay behind for them to come and tell this is what they get. Many of them cannot interpret the codes.

You can even buy a cheap scanner yourself for as low as 3k naira. Such issues do bring codes that will easily lead you to the error and appropriate solution.

All the best...
Re: Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving by homeboy205: 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2020
Make he nor be like over kaku, but anything is possible...

Try checking the wiring to the air intake, examine it well. Mechanic might have cut a wire to extort you.

It has happened to me before.

Try pulling plugs around the air intake and putting them back. It’s a basic diy to test out yourself

samally:
greetings sirs

we're checked and tried all the instructions here but still the issue of not revving persist.....

I read through this forum regarding GDI engines and I realized they're both the same in firing order.

should I tell the technician to open up the cylinder or I should replace the engine to 2az...

hope to read from you guys..
thanks for your time

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!! My C350 2009 Battery Is Draining / My Golf 3 For Sale / Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.