Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem (1242 Views)

Price Of Nissan Primera 2005 (wagon) Tail Light / Please Help, Honda Accord EOD Acceleration Problem.i Need Solution / 1998 Nissan Primera, 1996 Golf 3 or Mazda 626 As First Car, Kindly Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by pragmatistm(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hello all. Long time here.

Please help me on this old car oo, 1999 Nissan Primera SR20 DE engine, wagon.

It developed this recent problem. Its very hard to start in the morning or after packed for long time. When driving the acceleration just suddenly goes down and later it will pick up and run very fast. In all these, it is very lazy on the road especially when climbing hills. And it consumes more fuel than before.

The mechanics and auto electrician diagnosed the problem as bad fuel pump and it was changed twice but the problem persisted. Electrician suspected the air flow meter but we swapped air flow meter from a similar car and the probelm remained.The car stayed one week with the auto electrician but no solution. Please help diagnose the problem before I get tired of the jalopy.

cc: Gazzuz
Costee
Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by aieromon(m): 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
I must commend you for maintaining this baby over the years.

We have discussed.
Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by pragmatistm(m): 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
aieromon:
I must commend you for maintaining this baby over the years.

We have discussed.
Thanks for the call and the number sent.

I have even forgotten that I have the number on my phone. It just came upbas I want to save it again. I will get across to him.
Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by Fundamentalist: 12:01am On Jan 31, 2021
I had similar problem with my Nissan Almera Tino 2001 . Airflow meter, crank shaft sensor and engine. I changed the engine (110k), airflow meter(10k) and and bought a new radiator (12k). Since then (over a year ) my car sound like new. There were times I won't even kick start the car for a month because I have a Toyota Hilux (2019) for work and the engine would start great. The only thing that makes me think of a mechanic is servicing which I don't joke with. Just to add, Nissan is a special breed of vehicle,very different from other cars but durable and more lasting. An experienced Nissan mechanic is difficult to find.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by pragmatistm(m): 6:53am On Jan 31, 2021
Fundamentalist:
I had similar problem with my Nissan Almera Tino 2001 . Airflow meter, crank shaft sensor and engine. I changed the engine (110k), airflow meter(10k) and and bought a new radiator (12k). Since then (over a year ) my car sound like new. There were times I won't even kick start the car for a month because I have a Toyota Hilux (2019) for work and the engine would start great. The only thing that makes me think of a mechanic is servicing which I don't joke with. Just to add, Nissan is a special breed of vehicle,very different from other cars but durable and more lasting. An experienced Nissan mechanic is difficult to find.
You changed the engine!!! Haba. I'm sure the engine was not bad. Just an electrical fault not detected.

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by Fundamentalist: 11:46am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:
You changed the engine!!! Haba. I'm sure the engine was not bad. Just an electrical fault not detected.

When I bought the car , I wasn't told the engine was ringed coupled with the fact that it also overheats. The car also consumed fuel like crazy and it smokes. The problems was just too much. I took the peaceful initiative of changing the engine and it was the best decision I have made using the car. Next time I would make sure I buy a new vehicle if I have the money. I have driven a new vehicle and the feeling is out of this world .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by 400billionman: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
Let the Nairaland mechanics talk.
Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by pragmatistm(m): 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Fundamentalist:

When I bought the car , I wasn't told the engine was ringed coupled with the fact that it also overheats. The car also consumed fuel like crazy and it smokes. The problems was just too much. I took the peaceful initiative of changing the engine and it was the best decision I have made using the car. Next time I would make sure I buy a new vehicle if I have the money. I have driven a new vehicle and the feeling is out of this world .
I see. You didn't buy it as tokunbo.
Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by Chukwujohn(m): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2021
Dear op, has the issue been solve kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133
Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by pragmatistm(m): 1:41am On Feb 05, 2021
Chukwujohn:
Dear op, has the issue been solve kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133
Not really.

I will get across to you.
Re: Nissan Primera Driving Acceleration Problem by successtutor(m): 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2021
Nissan and character . same issue with my 01 altima but my technician detected it to be air flow meter but after replacement, it was detected only the socket was faulty. That 3 wired socket entering the flow meter.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video Of A Lady Shooting A Chicken Cause It Scratch Her Car / Please I need Advise On Buying A New Car / I Lost My Valid Driver's License, Please Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.