Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last (2724 Views)

Hushpuppi: Pictures Before And After Maga Don Pay / Meet Raymond Igbalodely (hushpuppi)- The International Yahoo Boy(Fraudster) / Stray Bullet Hits Man Sleeping At Home. He Survives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by imperiouxx(m): 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
The conman hits the American News at last. Two days ago, I told my coworkers about him but they were all laughing. I bet when they see it on the news tonight and days later, they will have mixed reactions cheesy

July 3, 2020, 3:18 PM EDT
By David Ingram

A Nigerian man charged with conspiring to launder a fortune from email scams, and who showed off his wealth to 2.4 million Instagram followers, has arrived in the U.S. to face charges, prosecutors said Friday.

Ramon Olorunwa Abbas, or “Hushpuppi” on Instagram and Snapchat, made an initial court appearance in Chicago after arriving with the FBI from the United Arab Emirates, where he had been living, prosecutors said in a statement. He is expected to be transferred to Los Angeles to face charges pending there in the coming weeks, they said.

Abbas allegedly conspired with others to launder hundreds of millions of dollars in scams targeting a law firm, a bank and an English Premier League soccer club, according to a criminal complaint filed last month in federal court.

Messages sent to his Instagram and Snapchat accounts seeking comment Friday were not immediately returned. It was not immediately clear if he had a lawyer representing him.

Abbas’s Instagram account is flooded with displays of wealth, from luxury cars to private jets, as well as videos and photos of him globe-trotting with celebrities including a Manchester City soccer player, a Nigerian singer and a Turkish chef.

“This case targets a key player in a large, transnational conspiracy who was living an opulent lifestyle in another country while allegedly providing safe havens for stolen money around the world,” Nick Hanna, the U.S. attorney in Los Angeles, said in a statement.

UAE authorities arrested Abbas last month, and FBI agents took custody of him this week, prosecutors said.

Abbas and the unnamed others in his network specialized in what are known as “business email compromise” schemes, authorities said. That type of scheme generally involves gaining unauthorized access to a corporate email account or otherwise tricking a business into sending a wire transfer to the scammers.

Business email compromise scams accounted for $1.7 billion in alleged losses last year, according to the FBI.

A client of an unnamed New York-based law firm lost about $923,000 last year after Abbas and others tricked a paralegal into wiring them money that was intended for the client’s real estate financing, the FBI said.

Another scheme involved $14.7 million stolen from a non-U.S. financial institution last year.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/alleged-email-scammer-who-flaunted-wealth-instagram-face-charges-n1232882?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR1wV9msBfrnKbQbLKwgXALRGkoMceoUkHP_arBWS6pGGPCTP1rqsvzfJiA

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by GboyegaD(m): 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
We trend again for the wrong... It is well.
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by imperiouxx(m): 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
GboyegaD:

Yep. On Facebook, they were saying they finally found the Nigerian Prince seeking to reclaim his country. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by kingthreat(m): 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
The criminal was really aiming higher. grin grin
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by Righteousness89(m): 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
May God help Nigerians who travel ! These events may likely trigger some sort of embarrassment..

I Just wish we all will see the bigger Message in these events..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by shamsin6300(m): 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2020
See as the guy the pose in front of those demon cars.
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by RickTisci: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2020
One thing must kill a man. His black life doesn't matter.

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by flyingpig: 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
imperiouxx:

Yep. On Facebook, they were saying they finally found the Nigerian Prince seeking to reclaim his country. cheesy

LMAO grin
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by flyingpig: 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
GboyegaD:

Bad bad for Nigerians in the USA immigrants thread grin

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by GboyegaD(m): 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
imperiouxx:

It is well. How work this Corona season?
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by GboyegaD(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2020
flyingpig:

Bad bad for Nigerians in the USA immigrants thread grin

Nigerians still get PR visas approved. I know one who got his yesterday although he is based in Canada but used his Nigerian passport. They need us still.
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by imperiouxx(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
GboyegaD:

It is well. How work this Corona season?

Regularly using a face mask and practicing social distancing.
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by flyingpig: 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
GboyegaD:

Nigerians still get PR visas approved. I know one who got his yesterday although he is based in Canada but used his Nigerian passport. They need us still.

They go approve mine at once when e reach my turn in Jesus name amen grin

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by raquel97: 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
flyingpig:

They go approve mine at once when e reach my turn in Jesus name amen grin

Amen, and my boo too embarassed

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by flyingpig: 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
raquel97:

Amen, and my boo too embarassed

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by traihit: 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nigeria has had a higher number of achievers in various fields than we'll ever have scammers. But look at the way those comments were saying "Nigerian this, Nigerian that". Still, you'll have some people come here to tell us it's a crab mentality to pull down a scammer. Just imagine Elon Musk prohibited from entering the U.S because of scammers from South-Africa. This is the evil frauds do to sincere Nigerians aiming to achieve great things in the U.S and other developed countries.
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by lamentor78(m): 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
It is red for hushpuppi.....o di gbere
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by sexylassie2(f): 11:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
After reading his compliant document, I came to realise something.

Hush is not a hacker but a provider of bank accounts to scammers for receiving fraudulent money.

Hush wasn't involved in any covid 19 fraud but he is involved in bec scams, they defrauded a client of a us firm of almost a million dollars.

Hush does not have Dubai citizenship rather resident permit but he has passport of st Kitts island.

Hush does not own a home in Dubai, he leases.

The FBI charged husp of money laundering and could face up to 20 years in prison, also know that FBI indictment rate is 98%.

Hush provided accounts for a cyber heist in an European country but the heist was detected in time by the bank.

Hush provided accounts for someone who penetrated the financials of a premier league club.

The main guy(hacker)hush works for is not a Nigerian, this hacker has team of hackers that work to steal from banks and companies. Hush is just an account provider.

Nigerian blogs are full of lies

Kemi whatever is also full of lies, no Linda or dino was mentioned in the fbi document.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by Mayng01(m): 11:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
I hope say this guy will not scam in prison as well. Anything hush can’t be trusted.
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by sexylassie2(f): 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Mayng01:
I hope say this guy will not scam in prison as well. Anything hush can’t be trusted.

He is a learner, he just an account provider, that collect his share when he provides account for the main hacker who is not a nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by medolab90(m): 11:50pm On Jul 03, 2020
Issoright
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by GboyegaD(m): 12:19am On Jul 04, 2020
imperiouxx:

Regularly using a face mask and practicing social distancing.

Pele. Are you still at Buf or you are back home?
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by gentlestdude(m): 4:00am On Jul 04, 2020
those comments funny ASF
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by WalkerMichael(m): 4:09am On Jul 04, 2020
Hush was simply a middle man (AZA MAN). Well, he's gone for life. Sorry man. Not sure his life would ever remain the same.
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by TheEnlightenedO(m): 4:15am On Jul 04, 2020
Can you please post the indictment link? And you're right none of these nigerian yahoo boys abi men are hackers. They usually contract foreigners to hack on their behalf and provide receiving accounts...

sexylassie2:
After reading his compliant document, I came to realise something.

Hush is not a hacker but a provider of bank accounts to scammers for receiving fraudulent money.

Hush wasn't involved in any covid 19 fraud but he is involved in bec scams, they defrauded a client of a us firm of almost a million dollars.

Hush does not have Dubai citizenship rather resident permit but he has passport of st Kitts island.

Hush does not own a home in Dubai, he leases.

The FBI charged husp of money laundering and could face up to 20 years in prison, also know that FBI indictment rate is 98%.

Hush provided accounts for a cyber heist in an European country but the heist was detected in time by the bank.

Hush provided accounts for someone who penetrated the financials of a premier league club.

The main guy(hacker)hush works for is not a Nigerian, this hacker has team of hackers that work to steal from banks and companies. Hush is just an account provider.

Nigerian blogs are full of lies

Kemi whatever is also full of lies, no Linda or dino was mentioned in the fbi document.

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by osamz007: 7:35am On Jul 04, 2020
NIGERIAN PRINCE cheesy

PRINCE OF FORMAT grin

E DEY START FROM SMALL GEN AND LAPTOP. STOP NOW ON
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by osamz007: 7:35am On Jul 04, 2020
NIGERIAN PRINCE cheesy

PRINCE OF FORMAT grin

E DEY START FROM SMALL GEN AND LAPTOP. STOP NOW O
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by jesmond3945: 8:58am On Jul 04, 2020
Op and you are happy? Don't think your co workers would see you as a see scammer?
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by Princerichi0(m): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2020
Get rich or die trying. Some will never have a taste of Hush lifestyle in their lifetime. lipsrsealed
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by ITspecailist92: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2020

Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by fatymore(f): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2020
The peace of mind you have when you know you are legit is blissssssss
Re: Hushpuppi Hits The American News At Last by imperiouxx(m): 11:36am On Jul 04, 2020
GboyegaD:

Pele. Are you still at Buf or you are back home?

Back to buf to finish up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Officer Collects Money From His Boss On The Road, Cries Regrettably / Anambra: Christmas Eve Tragedy As 5 Teens Drown In Mysterious Circumstances (pix / FATHER AND HIS THREE FRIENDS TURNED DAUGHTER INTO SEX MACHINE IN OWERRI, IMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.