Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering (51447 Views)

Four Women Arraigned For Alleged Obstruction Of Justice & Attack On EFCC Staff / Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges / Paul Gabriel Amos, Lamborghini Driver Charged With Money Laundering - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by TopeQs: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2020
Ishilove:

Wow. Very observant. Is there a possibility that there may be another national who was picked up around the same time as Invictus?

well, reading through, there's a section that states that coconspirator 1 isn't Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2020
ennon92:
The award for "The Most Foolish Human Of The Century" should be given to Hushpupet

You go about scamming ppl of their hard earned money causing them sifia pain, as if that's not enough u still have the effrontery to post and flaunt ur opulent lifestyle on social media...Wait o, Shay him mama no dey talk to am ni...I guess the English Premier League club wey the guy wan scam na Arsenal football Club, that stingy club...to buy better players Na wahala, na hin Hushpupet wan com scam

Mompha is the next target, ur days would soon be numbered... It's a shame how these criminals are being celebrated back home.
hey young man u must not abuse Arsenal fc or any other club any how u like . when wil u grow up?

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Ishilove: 10:25am On Jul 04, 2020
TopeQs:

well, reading through, there's a section that states that coconspirator 1 isn't Nigerian.
Okay thanks. I will go back and read it.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by TopeQs: 10:32am On Jul 04, 2020
Ishilove:

Okay thanks. I will go back and read it.
check this....
page 24, last paragraph.

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by spartan117(m): 10:35am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:
I type this with tears in my eyes. I decided to share say this here because if I need somebody to hear my voice, as I approach my end.
If I write this on Facebook, family and friends will see it and panic will set in, I don't want that. Devoid of our differences, Nairaland is also family to me.
The choices I made in life are mine, but the forces at work are overwhelming. I was weak to their manipulations.
All I ever wanted was to be an Engineer, to make mama proud and take care of my siblings.
Believe me I have Love in my heart. I wanted to just be a better version of myself but nothing seems to work.
When it seems like I am making a little progress, my desires are there to remind me that I am only but a prisoner.
It appears to me that I was created a failure. I failed my family once again, myself, Society and God almighty.
Now I am not afraid of death, I am only sad as I picture the face of Mama, Papa, Brothers and sisters crying while I lay motionless oblivious of everything( I know I will surely hear their wailing from the other side)
I don't want to be judged, but that isn't really my choice to make.
The next 3 weeks will be very crucial to my existence, if I survive it, then I will know that I will grow old and reach 95( I have always told anyone that cares to listen that I will live to 95).
I know they are not reading this now, and nobody that knows me personally is; I just want to tell mom that I love her. To dad; All I wanted was to make him proud. To my brothers and lovely sisters: I love you guys, take care of mom and dad and succeed where I have failed.
To my Nairaland family, God bless you all. I will miss the Afonja's, Igbos, Nyamiris, Brown roofs, red mud, Arewa's(do they even have any special insulting name like the rest of us?)Lala and his snakes, the feminists( feminists are wonderful people, thank God they don't breed well). Lol

I sincerely pray I survive this. Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, Save Us and the whole world.
Jesus is not disappointed in you!
Jesus did not just die for you and ask you to belief, he believed in you that you will become a better person. He still does.

In summary what I'm saying is Jesus cares for you!

Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Depressed101: 10:40am On Jul 04, 2020
naptu2:
Hushpuppi was not caught because he flaunted his illegally gotten wealth on social media. He was caught because he committed a crime, his victims complained to the authorities and the authorities traced the source of the crime. He would have been caught whether or not he lived a lavish lifestyle.
he was caught mainly because of his lavish lifestyle, go figure
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by ProtectMyMoney: 10:40am On Jul 04, 2020
SeanBeezy:
he has a passport too

No...read the FBI case files.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by GuestLog: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:
I type this with tears in my eyes. I decided to share say this here because if I need somebody to hear my voice, as I approach my end.
If I write this on Facebook, family and friends will see it and panic will set in, I don't want that. Devoid of our differences, Nairaland is also family to me.
The choices I made in life are mine, but the forces at work are overwhelming. I was weak to their manipulations.
All I ever wanted was to be an Engineer, to make mama proud and take care of my siblings.
Believe me I have Love in my heart. I wanted to just be a better version of myself but nothing seems to work.
When it seems like I am making a little progress, my desires are there to remind me that I am only but a prisoner.
It appears to me that I was created a failure. I failed my family once again, myself, Society and God almighty.
Now I am not afraid of death, I am only sad as I picture the face of Mama, Papa, Brothers and sisters crying while I lay motionless oblivious of everything( I know I will surely hear their wailing from the other side)
The next 3 weeks will be very crucial to my existence, if I survive it, then I will know that I will grow old and reach 95( I have always told anyone that cares to listen that I will live to 95).
I know they are not reading this now, and nobody that knows me personally is; I just want to tell mom that I love her. To dad; All I wanted was to make him proud. To my brothers and lovely sisters: I love you guys, take care of mom and dad and succeed where I have failed.
To my Nairaland family, God bless you all. I will miss the Afonja's, Igbos, Nyamiris, Brown roofs, red mud, Arewa's(do they even have any special insulting name like the rest of us?)Lala and his snakes, the feminists( feminists are wonderful people, thank God they don't breed well). Lol

I sincerely pray I survive this. Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, Save Us and the whole world.
Have you contacted Covid-19 or you're broke? Honest answer please.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by MartinsD12(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/nigerian-national-brought-us-face-charges-conspiring-launder-hundreds-millions-dollars
How I wish the interpol, fbi and U.S justice department can help us the poor masses in Nigeria by trying and convicting all our Nigerian politicians who always steal from us just as they are doing to hushpuppi let them extend it to all Nigerian politicians they are the biggest theives
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Prolific2018: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2020
mdchikezie:
ATLEAST HE HAS HIS HUMAN RIGHT IN THE US EVEN IF HES IN PRISON
JUST NEED TO SERVE HIS JAILTIME AND CAN EVEN PLEAD AND SHORTEN HIS JAILTIME IF HE APPEALS AND COPERATE WITH AUTHORITIES
MOST ESPECIALLY IF YOU START TO EXHIBIT GOOD BEHAVIOR IN PRISON

Good behaviour Are u kidding? In a federal correctional centre?
Even hush knows what is at stake. Woodberry would be having his ass bleep while hush will be su*cking d*ck right next to him.
You definitely need to do a research bout US federal correctional centre.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Burruchaga71(m): 10:47am On Jul 04, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:
Hushpuppi is very very lucky...entering USA without Visa in a pandemic period grin
. It's better to extradite him to Nigeria to serve his 20 years sentence.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Commanderinpips: 10:48am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:

Please no matter what you may be going through is not enough for you to take your life. Jesus christ loves you dearly and don't yield to the voice of satan, it will end in great joy trust me your life is great and I can see a wonderful tomorrow before you. You are great and there's no two of you on earth.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by ProtectMyMoney: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2020
Burruchaga71:
. It's better to extradite him to Nigeria to serve his 20 years sentence.

Na wa for you? On the first day of his arrival in Nigeria, even IG of Police will be the one carrying bag for him like they carry for Emoney.

He will simply be released to go and flex and sin no more.

To me, he is in a better place...God's own country...or is he not Godson again ? grin As shown by the FBI files.

2 Likes

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by NEIGHBOUR(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2020
Newboss:

Not true. Everything used to nail him was found on his iPhone, Apple account, and Google account. It wasn't from victims to suspect, unlike the case of Invictus. It was from suspect to victims.

Apple and Google snitched on him. He made a mistake by not hiding his digital identity while dealing with US companies like Apple and Google.

Use Telegram or ICQ. Avoid email. Destroy and change your phone after every job. Use fake digital identity ALWAYS.

You don't create a relationship between the email address that you used to create your social media accounts and the email address you used for dirty jobs and expect them not to bust you. Always remember that Google and Apple are US tools

Welldone sir Mr Lecturer. Just continue where he stopped.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2020
He even get booobs shocked
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by cococandy(f): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2020
Scary what these boys are capable of.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Karlifate: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2020
Too slack? Nope
Over-confident? Yes
He believes he was invincible
Newboss:

Coconspirator1 communicated with hush via a particular email (godisgood...). Hush made the deadly mistake of creating a relationship between that email address and his real email address (rayhus...). From that point, their email exchanges did the rest of the work. You don't just take people to court because somebody somewhere said they did something. You must create a direct connection.

If you cannot establish relationship between a digital identity and a real world identity, you cannot find a suspect in a digital crime. You noticed that no money was traced to Hush's bank account or home address?

Hush was too slack with keeping his digital identity hidden. The least he could do was to use VPN 24/7. He didn't. That investigation was a lazy man's investigation. Hush made their job easy.

Flaunting was part of it, but not the main thing. His social media life was used in that affidavit
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by gambia(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2020
Coldie:

These guys have no right to detain hushpuppi, he is not an American citizen

Its alright, go and ask Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by shiwex: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2020
This is what we call doing an investigation, not that nonsense by EFCC.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by mdchikezie(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2020
Prolific2018:

Good behaviour Are u kidding? In a federal correctional centre?
Even hush knows what is at stake. Woodberry would be having his ass bleep while hush will be su*cking d*ck right next to him.
You definitely need to do a research bout US federal correctional centre.

what are you talking about, he isn't a muderer or a psycho, and has no need being in a maximum correctional facility that's where those rapists are kept
and i would say it once more, if he exhibits good behavior, and work on his case as well as being coperative, then sure he would be considered.
even serial killers get a plea if they truly show remorse and change over a period of time.
GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD IF YOU DONT KNOW.
HE ISN'T IN NIGERIA, HE'S IN THE USA ONE OF THE HIGHEST RESPECTERS OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND RULE OF LAW IN GENERAL .
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by aswani(m): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2020
mdchikezie:
ATLEAST HE HAS HIS HUMAN RIGHT IN THE US EVEN IF HES IN PRISON
JUST NEED TO SERVE HIS JAILTIME AND CAN EVEN PLEAD AND SHORTEN HIS JAILTIME IF HE APPEALS AND COPERATE WITH AUTHORITIES
MOST ESPECIALLY IF YOU START TO EXHIBIT GOOD BEHAVIOR IN PRISON

No parole for convictions on Federal crimes in the US. I stand corrected but I don't even think you have a right to appeal Federal convictions.

I am not sure how many years he will get but unless he can help give up bigger fish, like a certain former state governor or federal lawmaker on whom a film was based, he is treated as being on the top of the totem poll and the hammer would come down heavily on him.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by naptu2: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2020
Newboss:

Coconspirator1 communicated with hush via a particular email (godisgood...). Hush made the deadly mistake of creating a relationship between that email address and his real email address (rayhus...). From that point, their email exchanges did the rest of the work. You don't just take people to court because somebody somewhere said they did something. You must create a direct connection.

If you cannot establish relationship between a digital identity and a real world identity, you cannot find a suspect in a digital crime. You noticed that no money was traced to Hush's bank account or home address?

Hush was too slack with keeping his digital identity hidden. The least he could do was to use VPN 24/7. He didn't. That investigation was a lazy man's investigation. Hush made their job easy.

Flaunting was part of it, but not the main thing. His social media life was used in that affidavit

You agreed with me at the end of your post. Now, read item 31 on the afidavit (I don't want to keep going round in circles. I've got other things to do). Read item 31 and make of it what you will. Item 31 was the reason that Hushpuppi was arrested, not because he was showing off on Instagram.

Remember that I told you that electronic communication between conspirators is not the same as showing off on Instagram.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by SeanBeezy(m): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

No...read the FBI case files.
Alright
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by naptu2: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Mantrac a subsidiary of Caterpillar which is based in Ireland did. I don't need to learn from you obviously.

Aha! I thought your point was that corporations do not complain abd that's what makes them different from individuals.

Anyway, I'm tired of this argument.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by naptu2: 11:19am On Jul 04, 2020
Annie001:

Well
I quite disagree,watching the Dubai documentary and the FBI listing,there was no where it was written that people made complain in the case of Obi it was clearly stated, So I think he contribute d to his own downfall

Read item 31 on the FBI affidavit and make of it what you will.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2020
Teeisaac:
They should bring him to Nigeria prison
Watery beans await u
Nig go free am.
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Newboss(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2020
NEIGHBOUR:

Welldone sir Mr Lecturer. Just continue where he stopped.

I could have kept all these to myself. However, I know from experience that someone somewhere will need this information one day, to save his/her life.

Also, it will help show that the US government is using US big techs to trace people, which is the exact same thing US government is accusing the Chinese government of doing with Chinese big techs. China is basically learning all these from US.

People have to know that they have foreign rats in their pockets. No need planting microchips on people because Google, Facebook and Apple do enough snitching. People, however, must know how to protect themselves from those foreign rats.

It's okay if you don't value your privacy. Others do tho

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by Newboss(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2020
Karlifate:
Too slack? Nope
Over-confident? Yes
He believes he was invincible

Dude legit sent his real email address to a coconspirator via his dirty email address. Who the fūck does that? It's like posting your International passport on dark web.

1 Like

Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by BOBKIDDA(m): 11:36am On Jul 04, 2020
Hush was a big baller i swear.... God. got you bro .highest na time e go take so make una calm down . en no kill person
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by BOBKIDDA(m): 11:38am On Jul 04, 2020
Newboss:

I could have kept all these to myself. However, I know from experience that someone somewhere will need this information one day, to save his/her life.

Also, it will help show that the US government is using US big techs to trace people, which is the exact same thing US government is accusing the Chinese government of doing with Chinese big techs. China is basically learning all these from US.

People have to know that they have foreign rats in their pockets. No need planting microchips on people because Google, Facebook and Apple do enough snitching. People, however, must know how to protect themselves from those foreign rats.

It's okay if you don't value your privacy. Others do tho
on point
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by emmyileri(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Jkyoung:

I hope you are not planning to commit suicide. Brother if you take the life that you didn't create, it's hell fire. Whatever it's you are going Through Jesus can solve it. Dm me pls and let's talk
Re: US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 11:43am On Jul 04, 2020
naptu2:

Aha! I thought your point was that corporations do not complain abd that's what makes them different from individuals.

Anyway, I'm tired of this argument.
80% of corporations don't report except in cases where disclosure is required by law.
Enjoy your day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"How N37k Was Debited From My Bank Account Through My Stolen Phone" (Photos) / How To Identify A Yahoo Plus Guy This Christmas - 10 Ways To Identify / Colleen Santos - Amalu Blasts Nigeria Police Over Husband's Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.