Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,648 members, 7,958,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society (2480 Views)

'Bring A Husband Home,’ Gov Adeleke Tells 28-Year-Old Daughter / My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness / Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by LadySarah: 8:38am On Jul 07, 2020
tobechi20:

supported.
but.like u said, religion no go free us. Emir Sanusi was attacked for advicing his people on reducing child birth.
China had to reduce child birth before their economy grew rapidly

Emir Sanusi should practice what he teaches. Uptil last yr he welcomed a baby. How will he teach others when he himself has over 10 children.

The ideal thing should be if a partner is alone, can you take care of your kids?

Ppl should birth children one partner can take care of. Death, jobloss, war, bad health could make one partner being the sole provider.

Women are the major victims with most being housewives or low income earners.
It increases the venerability of children.

I was at a health center when an obviously unhappy woman with 3 children told me she came for family planning only to be told her husband was needed. Her husband on the other hand had warned her not to get any fp.

ALOT of work will be done before Nigeria will move a step.

3 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Klass99(f): 9:30am On Jul 07, 2020

3 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2020
my sentiments exactly. I am not having kids. I love children, but as I get older, I have a limited tolerance and energy needed for them. The way the world is going, it's like people have to pause and give the kids already here a better chance of surviving o. thankfully, my SO and I are of the same mindset. I don't mind not leaving any legacy when I die or not having someone to bear my name. it's enough to just be able to do what good I can and peace out when my time comes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 07, 2020
LadySarah:

Emir Sanusi should practice what he teaches. Uptil last yr he welcomed a baby. How will he teach others when he himself has over 10 children.

The ideal thing should be if a partner is alone, can you take care of your kids?

Ppl should birth children one partner can take care of. Death, jobloss, war, bad health could make one partner being the sole provider.

I was at a health center when an obviously unhappy woman with 3 children told me she came for family planning only to be told her husband was needed. Her husband on the other hand had warned her not to get any fp.

this is really sad. if the woman is kind of those people who have difficult pregnancies that wreck havoc on their body, married to someone who isn't educated on matters like these, will she be forced to keep undergoing hard pregnancies till the worse happens? I've known instances where the woman sneaks off to get her birth control as she couldn't cope with everything. She is trying to raise her daughters now to make better choices. the thing is, even birth control isn't a one size fits all. imagine having to keep trying different ones till you find the type that doesn't drive you crazy with its side effects all the while trying not to be found out by your husband.

4 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by LadySarah: 10:40am On Jul 07, 2020
Anon9191:

this is really sad. if the woman is kind of those people who have difficult pregnancies that wreck havoc on their body, married to someone who isn't educated on matters like these, will she be forced to keep undergoing hard pregnancies till the worse happens? I've known instances where the woman sneaks off to get her birth control as she couldn't cope with everything. She is trying to raise her daughters now to make better choices. the thing is, even birth control isn't a one size fits all. imagine having to keep trying different ones till you find the type that doesn't drive you crazy with its side effects all the while trying not to be found out by your husband.

It's terrible. She actually came for a checkup/fp after an evacuation from a stillbirth one week ago. She was just agitated and suddenly started telling me sitted beside her.
Her husband had told her that morning that they'd start trying for another boy. Mid 40s old and working. 2girls one boy
Hw do you tell a woman who just lost her baby to get ready for another when she hasn't even healed mentally and physically?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by DonGenovese: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
This thread mirrors my state of mind. I do have a wonderful Son and I'm frankly very happy with just him but Wifey has been reiterating it per sec ond that we need to try for a second Child, though I have rebuffed the idea for some time but she is now more than determined to have it as our son just clocked 4. I have used the outbreak of Covid19 as a valid reason for us to wait that the uncertainty in the world vis a vis the challenges on both the economy and the healthcare system but she's adamant. She has accused me of being selfish because prior to our marriage we agreed to 3 kids but though I said 2, but I'm reneging on that and not ready to try for a second Child.Oboy, the matter don tire me, I swear if my JT is itching for some activity and she ties the sex to trying for a child, my JT would just lie fallow and go back to sleep. Finance isn't really an issue for us now cause our jobs are still available and we both have a fairly good Savings. But me personally don't want to go through the stress of child birth again, the worries, health scares etc especially this period. I really wish there was Injections or drugs men could take to prevent them from pregnanting a woman, I have thought of Vasectomy but the likelihood that before the healing process I would be found out and it can destroy our marriage has made me jettison the idea.

1 Like

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by freethinker01: 8:06am On Jul 08, 2020
tobechi20:

This is gamble. What if the child does not change your life overnight? he will be forces to suffer with d parent.

This is a terrible mindset worse than sport betting
Far worse my brother.

2 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Fidelismaria: 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2020

op took the words right out of my mouth

Africans only give birth not because they love children but because they need free slave to send around

5 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by EbenezerTriumph: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
[s]
Klass99:

Lol, leave my Emir Sanusi alone I like that nigga.

I share the same thoughts/sentiments you've expressed here.

However, on women being the major victims I disagree. They are mostly the cause of their problems because they are the ones who agitate and clamour for more kids, than men do.

While a sensible man looks at the financial implications of having more children, a woman only cares about another child she can cuddle and who will keep her company, when the older ones are in boarding school or have left the nest as a whole. I usually wonder, don't you have any hobbies, dreams or goals, besides this?

Men who pay the bills and do right by their families, know where the shoe pinches BUT women who don't pay the bills or have never had to pay a bill in their lives, probably because they moved straight from daddy's house to hubby's house are the ones who want to lay children like eggs.

They (such women) only feel the impact of their choices when a spouse dies, becomes jobless or loses his health and they are forced to become the sole provider. That is when it dawns on them, that 2 kids would have been easier and better to manage, than 4 kids.

Some of these women don't even pity themselves or the changes their bodies go through. I saw one of my classmates recently and didn't recognize her, child birth has completely transformed her into someone else. It's more of a transfiguration than transformation sef, the shock was visible on my face. I tried not to show it but I was too shook to not show it.
[/s]
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by tobechi20(m): 12:53am On Jul 11, 2020
LadySarah:

Emir can take care of 20./his children are not complaining

1 Like

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 19, 2020
DonGenovese:
This thread mirrors my state of mind. I do have a wonderful Son and I'm frankly very happy with just him but Wifey has been reiterating it per sec ond that we need to try for a second Child, though I have rebuffed the idea for some time but she is now more than determined to have it as our son just clocked 4. I have used the outbreak of Covid19 as a valid reason for us to wait that the uncertainty in the world vis a vis the challenges on both the economy and the healthcare system but she's adamant. She has accused me of being selfish because prior to our marriage we agreed to 3 kids but though I said 2, but I'm reneging on that and not ready to try for a second Child.Oboy, the matter don tire me, I swear if my JT is itching for some activity and she ties the sex to trying for a child, my JT would just lie fallow and go back to sleep. Finance isn't really an issue for us now cause our jobs are still available and we both have a fairly good Savings. But me personally don't want to go through the stress of child birth again, the worries, health scares etc especially this period. I really wish there was Injections or drugs men could take to prevent them from pregnanting a woman, I have thought of Vasectomy but the likelihood that before the healing process I would be found out and it can destroy our marriage has made me jettison the idea.

damn. this is a difficult situation to be in. there's this sub on Reddit (oneanddone) that's about parents of only one kid. I lurk there sometimes because I think it's cool what they post. occasionally there will be complaints like yours. maybe there's a suggestion there that might help.
try talking to her again. let her know it's affecting you too. listen to her, don't stop her when she's talking, let her bare her heart. some women miss that infant stage when the baby is still small and watching them take all their first strides. when you listen and let her talk, empathize with her and also share your own side. I understand that it is better to have one and give that one the best chance you can, than have two or more and not a good education or upbringing, etc. at the end though, when there's better understanding between you two, you can then decide on what new steps to take out compromises to make. you two can get through this. Pele.
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by DonGenovese: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
Anon9191:

damn. this is a difficult situation to be in. there's this sub on Reddit (oneanddone) that's about parents of only one kid. I lurk there sometimes because I think it's cool what they post. occasionally there will be complaints like yours. maybe there's a suggestion there that might help.
try talking to her again. let her know it's affecting you too. listen to her, don't stop her when she's talking, let her bare her heart. some women miss that infant stage when the baby is still small and watching them take all their first strides. when you listen and let her talk, empathize with her and also share your own side. I understand that it is better to have one and give that one the best chance you can, than have two or more and not a good education or upbringing, etc. at the end though, when there's better understanding between you two, you can then decide on what new steps to take out compromises to make. you two can get through this. Pele.
Thanks for your insight to my cross.. Her mind is made-up, I just don't feel up for it. Only Science can come to my rescue now, develop a drug, I can take that would prevent me from 'scoring goal', I just want to be shooting over the bar....

4 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Hollasmall: 12:03am On Jul 20, 2020
DonGenovese:

Thanks for your insight to my cross.. Her mind is made-up, I just don't feel up for it. Only Science can come to my rescue now, develop a drug, I can take that would prevent me from 'scoring goal', I just want to be shooting over the bar....

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by tobechi20(m): 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2020
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by CHoccolaTE: 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2020
Thanks for this thread OP, majority of Nigerians are very traditional and will not understand the point you are trying to make, you see people who are struggling to feed having 3 or 4 kids, I knew a woman like that who gave birth to four girls and was trying to get pregnant again because her jobless husband wanted a Male child, they could not pay houserent anymore because of expenses and they had to relocate to outskirts of town into a smaller house.

1 Like

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nisland(m): 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
CHoccolaTE:
Thanks for this thread OP, majority of Nigerians are very traditional and will not understand the point you are trying to make, you see people who are struggling to feed having 3 or 4 kids, I knew a woman like that who gave birth to four girls and was trying to get pregnant again because her jobless husband wanted a Male child, they could not pay houserent anymore because of expenses and they had to relocate to outskirts of town into a smaller house.
why is always common on nigerian.if they're looking for male child or female they will be pregnant till when it's reach amount of children they will not take care.
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by mutter(f): 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
So having children is for the rich?
Do you know that rich people don't necessarily produce the best children.
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by CHoccolaTE: 6:35am On Nov 07, 2020
Nisland:
why is always common on nigerian.if they're looking for male child or female they will be pregnant till when it's reach amount of children they will not take care.

It's better you unfollow me because I write a lot of anti Male posts.
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nisland(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

It's better you unfollow me because I write a lot of anti Male posts.
good morning ma . hope you still remember me .help me with what I can do for living.
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by rvpbae: 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
mutter:
So having children is for the rich?
Do you know that rich people don't necessarily produce the best children.

You are deviating. It is not about the best kids, it is about having kids you can cater for.

You certainly do not have to be rich to have kids but don't have kids when you will go around begging to feed them. You just brought them to this world to suffer. It's unfair tbh
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by cayorday89(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2022
tobechi20:
This question is specifically for those who do not like their current condition.

You know this society is not working. you are managing to exist. eating from hand to mouth. struggling to make a living.

you find a partner in similar or worse situation like you and for love or other selfish reason, choose to get married and bring a child into this world.

A child that would be forced to struggle like you.
To use him as cheap labor in your farm ?
As a secondary source of income e.g bride price,child hawking
As bragging right among your peers?
So you can flex your authority and power on him/her

Why? so that when you get old you will guilt trip them into taking care of you with words like
" after ,bringing you into this world
after all I have done for you.

you think because you brought him to this miserable world,he owes you his life.
what did you do for him? you starved him, no tertiary education, no comfortable bed.

AF if it is compulsory for one to own a child.
do we really care for the children? do we really want them to be a part of this cruel world?
Many parent less children are praying for caregivers in orphanage homes but we do not give a damn.we want one that come from our body so we have a since of ownership

you are not happy. your partner is not happy. the society is not happy. yet we bring girth a child to share in the unhappiness.
are we not. cruel to children?

For some weird reasons, I have been having this thought and wouldn't want to let a child pass through all this uncertainty of life especially when I can't even provide like 70% of a child's need.

Time will tell, but one thing is certain, I am not in a hurry, at least the only people who will be concerned or worried about this decision are my parents and for now I have shut them to relieve me of unnecessary pressure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Nairaland Men Only!! / My Husband Of 10 Years Threw Me Out And Is Living With Another Woman / Maternity Shopping/ New Born Baby Shopping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.