Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,002 members, 7,810,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness (37094 Views)

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / β€œmy Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by egobetter4me: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
I know a lot of you will blame me after reading this and even want to curse me, but this is my sad story and I just want to put it out there for people to learn. Don't ever let your parents decide your partner for you. Even if you have to run away, do it.

I recently got married to an ugly, short, black, smelly, village girl. At first my uncle took me to see her, then we spoke and she came visiting. All these happened in the village.

When I went back to the city, I told my mom I wasn't interested in her any more, but she insisted I must marry her. My mom would always take my joy by telling me about the girl anytime she sees me happy. There was no breathing space. We live together and I pay the rent. I loved her so much that I could do anything for her. She once sold her wrappers/materials and jewelleries, to send me money for school fees.

Anytime she tries to talk to me about the girl, I will beg her and let her understand that young people like to marry who they truly love. I don't want her, I don't love her and I don't think I will ever will.
After all said and done, she still insisted, so I called my elder bro to come talk to her. He came in from another state and spoke with my mom for hours. She did as if she would allow me marry my choice, just for my brother to go. Immediately my brother left, she started again.

My mom has BP. She stopped using her medication and was ailing. she threatened that if she dies, that I killed her. I thought to myself, that if she truly dies, I might live with the regrets for the rest of my life. I really tried but I was defeated. I succumbed. But before marrying the girl, I spoke to her(the girl) that I don't love her and that I'm marrying her against my wish, but I guess she was desperate. She said I shouldn't worry, that the love would grow in the marriage.

We got married. She lives with me and my mom. Even my neighbours were disappointed in me, when they saw her. Church members and friends were all disappointed. I can't start narrating to them how I got here.

We are over a year gone now and she still irritates me. I so much hate to look at her. We've had sex only about 5 times or so and I have to get high to do this. I only kissed her once(at the alter and I cringed)

I cry everyday.....both at home and while hustling. I never envisaged my life to be like this. I had hoped to meet a beautiful, clean and well mannered graduate from the city. Someone I would truly love and she would love me too. I'd hoped that I would meet her, approach her and we start as friends, then lovers, then I would propose and all. I never planned for it to be like this.

I am so sad with my life. Right now, I'm thinking of applying for masters abroad and probably use the means to Japa and never come back again.

My life is so miserable!

Learn from me. Don't ever let your parents blackmail you into marrying someone you don't love. Pls don't. Just run away for months or few years and they will leave you alone.

217 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by illicit(m): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
U let it happen

It wouldn't have happened if you don't want it to...

203 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Ahmed0336(m): 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
You made few mistakes.

1. You should have hide all your finances from your mother and make things look as if you're struggling and can't afford to marry at the moment.
2. If I were you I won't touch her. What if she gets pregnant
3. This study route is what you should have use to japa before your mum made you to marry her.

Now that she's your wife, I'd advise you stop sleeping with her in other not to get her pregnant cos once there's a child in the picture, things will be more difficult than already is

207 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by egobetter4me: 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
illicit:
U let it happen

Yes, I accept all the blame.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Lonestar124: 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
You for allow your mother to die nah, what is that? abi everybody no go dey die again, he or she who do not like his or her life should die... don't be too emotional.

It is sad you don't have friends that advice you against this...There is way of leveraging on someone death for your own good dividend, that is if they die because they went against your wish...if you care to know pm me I will teach you....

Your mother is selfish..

185 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Nebes: 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
You better clean that girl up and start loving her. There's no going back since you were not strong enough to resist the marriage. Package her into your taste now that your mother is still alive.

238 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by lovewinner: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
Sometimes is good to marry the classic we claim to love someday but she might bring us pains if they is no proper understanding.The mistake had been done.you need the way out.What you admired in other ladies do it for your wife.You can train her,invest in her as well as bring the beauty in her because she is now your wife and it doesn't change even if you live the county. sit her down and look into the good things you can put together to make her meet your taste.Take her out for shopping,playing.Get her classic movies and tell her you appreciate if she look like this for you.Get her cream,cloths and nice shoes.Dress her hair and change her taste. Tell her you love to love her.she will improve and before you notice she will give you a nice look.

161 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by ikeno(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
This is what we keep telling people, look for your choice of girl and get married to her. Do not let people manipulate or force you into marrying someone you don't have feelings for all in the name of pleasing, tradition or arrangement. You're now the one going through the pain while they are going about their business.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by TheWinterBird(f): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
This NL will not injure somebody with laughter. It seems your post is a serious one but your writeup is just hilarious. I don't have any advice for you. I may be back to advice you once I stop laughing πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜…πŸ€£

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by egobetter4me: 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
TheWinterBird:
This NL will not injure somebody with laughter. It seems your post is a serious one but your writeup is just hilarious. I don't have any advice you. I may be back to advice you once I stop laughing πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜…πŸ€£

My write up isn't funny. It is my true life story. You're welcomed to mock me though!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by egobetter4me: 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ahmed0336:

Now that she's your wife, I'd advise you stop sleeping with her in other not to get her pregnant cos once there's a child in the picture, things will be more difficult for than already is

I have stopped for sometime now.

12 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Turquoiseee: 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
Eyaah! Check me out. Do you like what you see?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Turquoiseee: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
egobetter4me:

I have stopped for sometime now.
So you like her p*ssy but not HER! Na wa o. so it’s not smelling to you. Well since you can f**k her, you can also love her

29 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by egobetter4me: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
Turquoiseee:

So you like her p*ssy but not HER! Na wa o. so it’s not smelling to you. Well since you can f**k her, you can also love her

You should read the post very well

40 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by mariahAngel(f): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
egobetter4me:

Did you ask your mum why it was so important to her that you married the lady, even up to the point of blackmailing you into doing it, and at the detriment of your happiness?
Did she swear an oath with someone or what?

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by ecolime(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
You never said anything about your wife's attitude.

Also, what level of school did she complete and what age were you when you got married to her?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by mariahAngel(f): 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2023
egobetter4me:

It's not totally your fault.
Your mother manipulated you into doing it, which wasn't right.
You're her child, and your happiness should've mattered to her the most.

22 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by GreatAchiever1: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
I think your mom had always wanted you to marry someone from your home town but the mistake is that she would have told you so you could go there search and find the one you like by yourself.

But the deed has already been done, and now you are married to the arranged girl. You just have to love her and lead her bro, like a husband should. Besides it doesn't seem that she has done anything horrid to you for you to treat her like the way you're doing.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by sslcrypt: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by simp4rebel: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
You basically married the lady to make your mother happy, you married her for your mother. She is literally your mother's wife.

You can either start learning to love her and let the love grow like she said or nothing should stop you from going ahead to finding your own wife. cool

It's none of my business anyways, but if anyone is looking for a professional website designer or you know someone that is in need, i'm your guy β€” we will build you any kind of website for your business at a very budget-friendly rate. check my profile for how to get in touch or to see portfolio or send me an email to get a website quote.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Chispa: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
kill her.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by clockwisereport: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
How canyou describe your wife with such words?

8 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Johnycastro18: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
sad sad

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Klington: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
cool
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Sonnobax15(m): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
lipsrsealed
Things we watch in nollywood movies,so they do actually happen in real life? shocked

Well op,you sure say your mom no use you take take collateral from that your wife family on the day you were born so?

Cuz this is so so fvcking funny.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by StrongAlphMale: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
Why would your mother choose a partner for you?

Are you in India were parents choose wife and husband for their sons daughters? The mistake has been made already by your mom. Just divorce the girl ASAP for your complete sanity

10 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Magnoliaa(f): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
I don't know why this story is so funny lol.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Juliearth(f): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
You should have used the study route to emancipate yourself from this dilemma from the get go. Exploring that option now may liberate you, but then again, your innocent wife would end up heartbroken. Time fixes all things, so I would implore you to give it a year. No woman is ugly, you can bring her fashionably up to speed

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by omenka1: 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Hubby Mysteriously Disappeared After Meeting Lover In Hotel β€” Wife / Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) / I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.