Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

How Do You Know If You Are An Empath? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Know If You Are An Empath? (961 Views)

15 Things That Happen When The Empath Falls In Love With A Narcissist / 5 Things To Do For You To Know If He Deserves You Or Not - Bamisepeter's Blog / 6 Ways To Know If You Have Virginia Yeast Infection... For The Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know If You Are An Empath? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 04, 2020
I remember in my university days, one of my friends came to me looking so sad. Her boyfriend was cheating, she thought.

Note that she has hid her relationship with the guy from her friends for a long time, though we knew about it from another source. But even at this, I couldn't help but feel sorry about it.

You know the funniest thing, we had an exam the next day, and I couldn't read because all I could do was feel her hurt. I struggled to write that exam.

How do you know if you are an empath?

By Partrick Watts

Highly sensitive. Sounds, smells, and low energy can overwhelm you.

Spiritually open. Feel connected to a higher source.

Attuned to other people’s moods. Absorb other people’s emotions,

Introverted. Prefer 1:1 contact or small groups. If extroverted, may limit time spent in a crowd or party.

Intuitive. Can sense when something is off.

Easily overwhelmed in intimate relationships.

Too much togetherness is difficult.

Nourished by natural world. Seek refuge in nature.

Huge hearts. Often give too much, good listeners. Relieve the pain of others by taking it on, then feel drained.

8 Ways to Turn Your Super Traits into Super Powers

If you are an empath you may feel that you are cursed in some way. The truth is empathy is a gift, and you have the power within you to turn your empathy into a power like no other.

Here are some ways you can activate the empathic power within you:

Acknowledge that you are an empath. If you are an empath, compassion is your calling. You were hard-wired since birth to anchor the light on the planet. Acknowledging that you came here to do this is the first step toward letting your inner light shine. Learn more about your empathic nature in my book, .

Trust your intuition. As an empath, you are highly sensitive. Whether you can read people’s minds, receive psychic images, pick up on smells, or sense a feeling in your gut, learning to trust yourself and the messages you receive will help you avoid energy vampires and find positive, healthy relationships.

Don’t play the victim. Empaths often lack . After a while, your need to be loved can turn into a victim mentality. This is commonly seen in spiritual relationships where the guru ends up with all of the resources and the devotees are drained of self-esteem, money and more.

Set boundaries. Once you are able to recognize the energy vampires who drain you, set limits on the amount of time you spend with them. Notice how you feel when you are with them and how you feel afterward. Soon, you will be able to walk away for good and recover your precious energy. You will also have a lot more time on your hands to do something you love.

Meditate. Empaths need time to recharge. Meditation is a great tool for empaths and it takes only a few minutes. For example, Judith Orloff, M.D.’s can help you feel centered in your heart energy. This is great for taking back your power when you start to feel sensory overload. But, you don’t have to sit to meditate. Spend time in nature or try visualizing yourself in a protective bubble where dark energy cannot reach you, but light can filter through. Do this several times per day.

Breathe. Develop a breath practice where you simply sit and consciously breathe. As you breathe in, think about clarity and power. As you exhale, think about breathing out negative energy. You can even say “I am breathing in power. I am breathing out stress and negativity.” Do this several times per day to clear any built-up in your body.

Transmute negative energy. As empaths we take on a lot of negative energy everywhere we go. Employ ways that you can transmute negative energy in real time. For example, bring plants into your workspace to help absorb any negative energy.

Surround yourself with beauty. Try to speak positively in a difficult situation. Finding the humor in a situation when possible can also transmute negative energy. Another thing you can do is start each day with a gratitude affirmation to increase positive energy.
Love yourself.

As an empath, your life’s purpose is to take care of yourself. It’s all you are asked to do! Listening to your own thoughts and emotions is self-empathy.

Take some time every day to honor your feelings and embrace your sensitivities. Recognize that you can be vulnerable and strong at the same time.

Celebrate every time you listen to your intuition or do something that helps you become happier, stronger and healthier. Remember, when you , you actually transform the lives of others.

Once you fully embrace your empathic nature, you will be able to experience great joy. You will see the big picture on a deeper level – one that is full of beauty. And, you will be able to refill your own energetic cup by aligning directly with Source.

You must say this every morning and night we carry people’s negative energy with us and must release it back…….

Re: How Do You Know If You Are An Empath? by fullblast(m): 8:48am On Jul 30, 2020
Wow... This is good food
Re: How Do You Know If You Are An Empath? by solonubinho(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2020
False. All these you have mentioned are similar traits empaths possess. An empath is someone who can understand the viewpoint of others by putting themselves in the other person's shoes. You see, people with BPD possess all these traits you have mentioned and that's why they think they are empathetic whereas, they lack the ability to see the world from the viewpoint of others.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If You Are An Empath? by peggywebbs(f): 4:06am On Mar 29, 2021
All of this only means empathy or compassion. It has nothing to do with the anything about empath. Most people who are empaths don't even know it until maybe if they are later curious to know what's happening to them. As an empath which I discovered recently or more or less related to. Here's what an empath is or what they experience without all the gibberish from blogs.

There are different types of empaths but most times they are intuitive. You will sense so many things sometimes emotions, weather, future events, or even answers to questions that are obviously not within your knowledge.

Not all empaths are emotional. So that puts the putting yourself in someone's shoes a complete gibberish. The point is if you tell an empath something about yourself, they'll probably just listen like every other person. They'll give you advice but not because they are feeling anything in your shoes.

An empath most times comes into their gift involuntarily. So don't expect magic unless you want to meet a con artist. They are sensitive to the things around and far away from them. Here's what I'll tell you, sometimes I could be having a completely normal day alone in my home and then I feel a sudden pain in my stomach. Well how did that get there, I've figured not to go ahead with pain killers especially when I know I'm perfectly fine. It could be someone somewhere experiencing that pain somewhere else probably during child birth, an accident, poison or something. So I place my hands over and do a prayer for whoever and whatever because I don't know them. The pain passes away.

Sometimes it could be mood. I could be perfectly fine and suddenly feel so angry. I'll tell my friends I don't know why I'm pissed but I'm very angry but then again it passes... sometimes it could be extreme happiness or sometimes tears.

It's a burden
Sometimes when you are having a perfectly nice dream maybe about ice-cream in my case not that I'm eating it... looking is enough for me. I could suddenly find myself in a very strange place with the ice-cream gone.... either seeing someone who is about to commit suicide, or an accident or some really nasty disaster. Only to wake up to hearing it happened while I was having the weird dream. Ive literally woken up broad daylight with a a friend knocking on my door to say someone drowned in the beach when I just saw the person drowning at that very spot. Scary it is. Sometimes you would see yourself take on the appearance of the person acting out the dream.... It's not always about dying though , there's always the good parts, birthdays, child deliveries. You will get it

You get premonitions and plenty déjà vu's If it's about to rain you will sense it. If war is coming or chaos you will sense it. If there's danger out there and you should not be out, you will sense it. Sometimes you would dream of things, and when you experience it, it would be like you are reliving a day again. You'll be able to guess what the next person is about to say like a mind reader.

You are sensitive not only to the things around you but also to other dimensions.

Yes another scary part which I'm not typing at this time of the day here... it's still dark about 3.50am and I'm really not ready to scare myself.

Another thing I think I remember about it is, it's impossible or near impossible to lie to an empath. Your stench will give you away. We can tell when you tell a lie not because of what you're saying but because of the vibes you're giving off. Sometimes when I'm standing close to some people I just want to get away from them. Their energy can be draining. Like you can feel that they have very dangerous thoughts like wicked ones but you can't really tell exactly what they are thinking just that you want to get out of there.

I've been in a club one time and it felt like I couldn't breathe. I just got there like I felt suddenly like I was choking not that the air was bad and then I had this really bad headache I had to drag all my friends out. The moment we stepped out I felt completely fine... anyway went to another club and felt perfectly fine. Whatever was in that place I'll never know. PS I didn't know I was an empath until two days ago.

It's a burden and I don't know if some empaths are emotional but I'm not. I don't walk in anybody's shoes but I can say I sometimes catch on people's emotions.

Let me chip in here it's good to be an empath and Christian at the same time. I think it works with intercession, praying for people and all. Even if you look at the mystics idea of empaths, you'll find out they are distance healers. So you could save lives sometimes with your super power.
It's not always interesting because of the amount of horror you get the witness. You see things that nobody really understands and many times you can't do much about the things you see. So you just pray for yourself and everyone around the world no matter where they are.

If you are thinking an empath is feeling for people, loving nature, and all.. anyone can do that. That's just empathy, its quite different from being an empath. There's more and but that's where I'll stop.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ellie Goulding Brightest Blue Download Full 2020. Zip / Must Read: Nigerian Man Shares His Experience While Dating Female Soldier / Every Girl Is A Doll, But Here Is The Problem (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.