Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? (796 Views)

Lady Explains Why It's Wrong For Pastor To Say 'you May Now Kiss The Bride' / "I Cannot Believe I'm Still Single" - Lady Shares Bikini Photos, Gets Epic Reply / I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by rasheedatt(f): 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
As the topic say, I don't actually know why landlord hardly give out their houses to single ladies most especially in the northern part of Nigeria.
Is it wrong for a lady to seek for her own freedom?
Is it wrong for a lady to travel out alone for the purpose of hustling?
Not ashawo work o
Leaving your place to another place to find work. And in the process getting an apartment for yourself to accommodate you.
Why do people disapprove that for a lady?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by budaatum: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
rasheedatt:
As the topic say, I don't actually know why landlord hardly give out their houses to single ladies most especially in the northern part of Nigeria.
Not ashawo work o
Leaving your place to another place to find work. And in the process getting an apartment for yourself to accommodate you.
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by Twinkletwin: 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Maybe due to bad eggs where don use that medium do runs girl Work before or culture
Let wait 4 elders

Meanwhile
Please I need something to chop please help me starving 310 8574 507 First bank

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Because many Nigerian land Lords believe that any lady living alone is an howl o show.
Of course ignorance is to blame.
Others equally believe that a woman staying alone is not safe, so that something will not come and happen to her in his house and he will start answering questions.

Anyway if I were a land lord I would only lease my apartments to single ladies, single hot ladies. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by Twinkletwin: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Rgade:
Because many Nigerian land Lords believe that any lady living alone is an howl o show.
Of course ignorance is to blame.
Some believe that a woman staying alone is not safe, so that something will not come and happen to her in his house and he will start answering questions.

Anyway if I were a land lord I would only lease my apartments to single ladies, single hot ladies. angry
my thoughts exactly
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by Ningen(m): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
Isn't it obvious?
They consider women to be inferior to men.

You can't blame them actually.
They've been influenced by culture and religion.

And unless these two factors are addressed, nothing will change. Feminism to the rescue??

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by uboma(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
rasheedatt:
Not ashawo work o

In the North, women are relegated to the background. Women are not supposed to be seen or heard.

This explains why it will be difficult for a landlord who is a Northern to lease out his property to a single lady. Same applies to hotel bookings in some parts of the North.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by rasheedatt(f): 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
uboma:

In the North, women are relegated to the background. Women are not supposed to be seen or heard.

This explains why it will be difficult for a landlord who is a Northern to lease out his property to a single lady. Same applies to hotel bookings in some parts of the North.
you are right it took me a long time to get a house on my own here.
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by Twinkletwin: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
rasheedatt:
you are right it took me a long time to get a house on my own here.
U mean u live alone in North where in North?
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by rasheedatt(f): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
For security reasons it is inappropriate to tell you my location just like that.
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by SavageResponse(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
uboma:

Very backward people
Re: Why Is It Wrong For A Single Lady To Rent An Apartment By Herself In Nigeria? by Twinkletwin: 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
SavageResponse:

Very backward people
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Worship Their Husbands Ass / See Semi Nude Pictures That's Trending On Facebook / Gospel Musician Caught On Camera Being ‘chopped’ By A Fetish Priest (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.