Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Breaking News: Ebonyi State Governor Tests Positive To Coronavirus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Ebonyi State Governor Tests Positive To Coronavirus (276 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Ebonyi Can Never Be Part Of Biafra, Says Umahi / Breaking: Another Nigerian Governor Tests Positive To Coronavirus / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Ebonyi State Governor Tests Positive To Coronavirus by uzucuzu1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Dave Umahi, governor of Ebonyi state, has tested positive for coronavirus.

The governor broke the news in a statement he personally signed on Saturday.

The statement said the result of the test conducted by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) came back positive.

Some aides of Umahi also tested positive.

The governor has directed Kelechi Igwe, his deputy, to take over the frontline coordination of the state’s fight against the pandemic.

Umahi, who said he is not showing any symptom at the moment, appealed to the people of Ebonyi to take the NCDC protocols more seriously.

He said for now, he would work from home and conduct all meetings virtually.

According to the NCDC, Ebonyi has recorded at least 438 cases of the virus, as of Friday evening.

Also, about 357 persons have been successfully treated and discharged while three have died.

After sending his samples for test, Umahi had said his deputy would coordinate the fight against COVID-19 if his result came back positive.

“If I test positive, my deputy will carry on with the fight as a frontline worker, but we will be extremely careful and use zoom to do our jobs. No retreat, no surrender! We will fight this COVID-19 matter to the end,” he had told cabinet members in Abakaliki, the state capital.

“We will have the public hearing on our proposed plan of the COVID-19 fight next week and either me or my deputy will head the meeting, and I will contribute through zoom, if I test positive.”
https://bizincome.me/breaking-news-ebonyi-state-governor-tests-positive-to-coronavirus/
Source:
Re: Breaking News: Ebonyi State Governor Tests Positive To Coronavirus by uzucuzu1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Pic

Re: Breaking News: Ebonyi State Governor Tests Positive To Coronavirus by Randal: 2:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
One by one.
Re: Breaking News: Ebonyi State Governor Tests Positive To Coronavirus by uzucuzu1(m): 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
Randal:
One by one.
Fear God nah
Re: Breaking News: Ebonyi State Governor Tests Positive To Coronavirus by Mynd44: 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2020

(1)

President Buhari Appoints Rev Yakubu Pam As NCPC Executive Secretary / I Am Running For The Position Of The President Of United States Of America Kenya / WHO Acknowledges 'evidence Emerging' Of Airborne Spread Of COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.