Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? (3322 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by seyi360(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
The place and power of sex in a man's life is pivotal. It's a rampant belief amongst Pastors into prayer ministries that sex or too much of it with your wife reduces a Minister's level of anointing, more of an extinguisher of the "fire" in a Pastor.
Thus , they seldom do it, especially when seeking for more fire and power and when they do , they ensure they get an infilling.

I have also listened to a Pastor who said" the more sex you have with your wife, the more the anointing flows"

I want to assume the 2 arguments emanated from their experiences which I cannot argue against.

I'm talking about sex within the walls of marriage. I assume we all know that sex outside marriage is a sin unto God.

I at least know that sex takes from a man, takes away his strength, body nutrients, mental alertness etc he is the donor, the contributor, the giver , while the woman is the receiver, taker, and absorber.

While the Bible outrightly condemns sex outside of marriage (Prov 7) , it is silent on whether or not lots of sex in marriage reduces the anointing.

Its safe to assume that ministers who regularly observe long days of fastings cannot engage in sex too often due to the abstinence while fasting.

Whichever side of the divide you belong, share your thoughts.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Righteousness89(m): 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
How does this topic add or help the life of a believer?
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by seyi360(m): 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Sex has been an underated destroyer of lives and destinies within and outside marriage. This topic does help the life of a believer because the anticipated arguments back and forth will help to develop the right orientation and mindset about sex .

5 Likes

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Righteousness89(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
seyi360:

Sex has been an underated destroyer of lives and destinies within and outside marriage. This topic does help the life of a believer because the anticipated arguments back and forth will help to develop the right orientation and mindset about sex .
okay sir
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
These people have started again.. grin grin grin

This is a huge comic relief for me grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Goddys(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
God created male and female reproductive organs and said multiply and dominate the earth.

How can same God not replenish and supplement anointing of a man obeying His first command?

@OP, anything you do in the ministry is not by your power or anointing. It is because God wants it to be so. If God doesnt want to do anything, He wont do it even if you fast and pray for 1000 days. However persistency is always beneficial in anything we do. Even the mind of God may as well change over an issue as a result of persistency

It is not by power or struggle. Whatever He likes, its what He does. You can only ask and appeal and leave it to His decision
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by VirginFinder: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
oOkay sir
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nephilim: 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
Church is own by God we are just messengers. Do what you can do and let God take charge.

The fact that I want more anointing doesn't mean that I should starve my wife of sex

The fact that I want to expand my church doesn't mean that I should leave home for months.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by seyi360(m): 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
These people have started again.. grin grin grin

This is a huge comic relief for me grin grin

There is nothing comic about this.

2 Likes

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Petrall: 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
seyi360:
Its safe to assume that ministers who regularly observe long days of fastings cannot engage in sex too often due to the abstinence while fasting.

1 Corinthians 7:5
Do not refuse and deprive and defraud each other [of your due marital rights], except perhaps by mutual consent for a time, so that you may devote yourselves unhindered to prayer. But afterwards resume marital relations, lest Satan tempt you [to sin] through your lack of restraint of sexual desire.

The anice scripture already show that sex is fleshly and not spiritual. It's of the flesh.

Theres another stronger one in revelation

Revelation 14:4
These are they who have not defiled themselves by relations with women, for they are [pure as] virgins. These are they who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These are they who have been ransomed (purchased, redeemed) from among men as the firstfruits for God and the Lamb..

1 Like

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by seyi360(m): 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nephilim:
Church is own by God we are just messengers. Do what you can do and let God take charge.

The fact that I want more anointing doesn't mean that I should starve my wife of sex

The fact that I want to expand my church doesn't mean that I should leave home for months.

It shows you haven't interacted with church leaders
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Where is it written in the Bible that sex reduces a pastors anointing? Well like you said, it maybe based on their personal experience or what they feel but I don't agree it does.

If you're fasting, its understandable as you're trying to subject the desires of the flesh under the spirit after which you can resume back.but as for affecting anointing, no way!
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Eulalia:
Where is it written in the Bible that sex reduces a pastors anointing? Well like you said, it maybe based on their personal experience but I don't agree it does.

If you're fasting, its understandable as you're trying to subject the desires of the flesh under the spirit after which you can resume back.but as for affecting anointing, no way!

Sex has nothing to do with fasting... Isaiah 58 tells of the Kind of fasting God wants as opposed to the what we hear from so-called pastors/preachers about the samd subject.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Sex has nothing to do with fasting... Isaiah 58 tells of the Kind of fasting God wants as opposed to the what we hear from so-called pastors/preachers about the samd subject.

So are you saying one is suppose to have sex with their spouse while fasting,? So what now does it mean to put the flesh under?

What sort of fasting would that be?
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
Eulalia:

So are you saying one is suppose to have sex with their spouse while fasting,? So what now does it mean to put the flesh under?
Is there a particular verse you are referring to here?
I posted about Isaiah 58 because that is indeed the go to understand what God really wants from us as opposed to what we do. undecided

That said, what is the rationale behind depriving another what God has not deemed sin because you make a personal choice to do something you want for yourself? undecided
Do i deprive everyone else of food because I don't want to eat? undecided
What you describe sounds a lot like Pharisee-type fasting... grin

What sort of fasting would that be?
Commonsense fasting as opposed to my-pastor-said fasting
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Missyajoke(f): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Missyajoke(f): 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
seyi360:
The place and power of sex in a man's life is pivotal. It's a rampant belief amongst Pastors into prayer ministries that sex or too much of it with your wife reduces a Minister's level of anointing, more of an extinguisher of the "fire" in a Pastor.
Thus , they seldom do it, especially when seeking for more fire and power and when they do , they ensure they get an infilling.

I have also listened to a Pastor who said" the more sex you have with your wife, the more the anointing flows"

I want to assume the 2 arguments emanated from their experiences which I cannot argue against.

I'm talking about sex within the walls of marriage. I assume we all know that sex outside marriage is a sin unto God.

I at least know that sex takes from a man, takes away his strength, body nutrients, mental alertness etc he is the donor, the contributor, the giver , while the woman is the receiver, taker, and absorber.

While the Bible outrightly condemns sex outside of marriage (Prov 7) , it is silent on whether or not lots of sex in marriage reduces the anointing.

You made my day with your comedy
I don't have any contribution
grin grin grin grin grin
Ina ehh see wetin you don't cause
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Missyajoke(f): 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
seyi360:

You made my day with your comedy
I don't have any contribution
grin grin grin grin grin
Nna ehh see wetin you don't cause
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Missyajoke(f): 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2020
Eulalia:
Where is it written in the Bible that sex reduces a pastors anointing? Well like you said, it maybe based on their personal experience or what they feel but I don't agree it does.

Ohhh!!! I don't know where he got his own doctrines from
If its fasting its understandable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by saintvc(m): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
YES.THAT IS WHY JESUS NEVER MARRIED
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Is there a particular verse you are referring to here?
I posted about Isaiah 58 because that is indeed the go to understand what God really wants from us as opposed to what we do. undecided

That said, what is the rationale behind depriving another what God has not deemed sin because you make a personal choice to do something you want for yourself? undecided
Do i deprive everyone else of food because I don't want to eat? undecided
What you describe sounds a lot like Pharisee-type fasting... grin

Commonsense fasting as opposed to my-pastor-said fasting

@ the bolded.. You certainly can't juxtapose both situations cos they are quite different. While you can deprive yourself from eating food without affecting others, in the other case you can't be said to be.depriving yourself /fasting and be satisfying others just because you dont want to "deprive them" to me that is no fast. Haba!
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
Missyajoke:

Ohhh!!! I don't know where he got his own doctrines from
If its fasting its understandable.

My dear. Can you see what I'm seeing? New doctrines everyday.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Missyajoke(f): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
Eulalia:

grin grin grin grin
Happy Sunday in Addy to you

1 Like

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2020
Missyajoke:

grin grin grin grin
Happy Sunday in Addy to you

Happy Sunday dearie. grin smiley
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
Eulalia:

that is precisely the problem. No where in the bible is it written that a man or woman should not lie with spouse during fasting... that happens to be an import from islamic doctrine, i believe.
Yes, it is islam that i know that sex is abstained from during fasting. How you managed to import that doctrine even without it being explicitly expressed in the bible is beyond me.

By the way, consider the context of verses you read to better comprehend the message.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
that is precisely the problem. No where in the bible is it written that a man or woman should not lie with spouse during fasting... that happens to be an import from islamic doctrine, i believe.
Yes, it is islam that i know that sex is abstained from during fasting. How you managed to import that doctrine even without it being explicitly expressed in the bible is beyond me.

By the way, consider the context of verses you read to better comprehend the message.

Even though its not written in the bible , at least fasting means denial of some sort which depriving yourself of sex comes under. Isn't it? It doesn't have to be written verbatim before you'll know self denial also comprises sex deprivation for that period or between the hours you're fasting.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2020
Eulalia:

Even though its not written in the bible , at least fasting means denial of some sort which depriving yourself of sex comes under. Isn't it? It doesn't have to be written verbatim before you'll know self denial also comprises sex deprivation for that period or between the hours you're fasting.
So you follow what you think it should mean and not what is in fact prescribed? What do you think doctrines are? undecided
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So you follow what you think it should mean and not what is in fact prescribed? What do you think doctrines are? undecided

Doctrines are man made rules and principles that guide a religious body. So

I'm not following what I think it should mean but what it means. tongue

Its even written in the Bible where Paul said not to deprive yourselfs of sex EXCEPT it be for a period when you give yourself to fasting.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Eulalia:

Doctrines are man made rules and principles that guide a religious body. So

I'm not following what I think it should mean but what it means. tongue
what you just expressed regarding fasting and sex is a doctrine-- it has no biblical root but you practice it anyways. It is no different from the idea that sex impacts anointing .both unbiblical but adhered to by those who think they know better than what the bible actually teaches.

We are not meant to add or remove, but ignore that will you?
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
what you just expressed regarding fasting and sex is a doctrine-- it has no biblical root but you practice it anyways. It is no different from the idea that sex impacts anointing .both unbiblical but adhered to by those who think they know better than what the bible actually teaches.

We are not meant to add or remove, but ignore that will you?

Hmm... What about the one Paul said?
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
Eulalia:

Hmm... What about the one Paul said?
what about what God in Isaiah 58 said He wants instead on your day of fasting? undecided

Ok oo... if paul is who you rather lidten to, then show where he told you to fast in a way contrary to what God suggested you do to be rewarded. undecided
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
what about what God in Isaiah 58 said He wants instead on your day of fasting? undecided

Ok oo... if paul is who you rather lidten to, then show where he told you to fast in a way contrary to what God suggested you do to be rewarded. undecided

Paul's teachings is inspired by the Holy spirit, why should I not listen to him? Its all same same.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? / Apostle Johnson Suleman / Did Jesus Die On A Cross Or A Stake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.