Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? (3411 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 5:00am On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:

Doctrines are man made rules and principles that guide a religious body. So
I'm not following what I think it should mean but what it means. tongue
It's even written in the Bible where Paul said not to deprive yourselfs of sex EXCEPT it be for a period when you give yourself to fasting.
I forgot to add that doctrine is seen both at the individual level and religious body level. So for instance, when you are taught the doctrine of "Trinity" for example, it influences your understanding of what the Spirit of God has to tell you, and so hinders the truth of Jesus Christ from permeating and hence operating in your heart, mind, and soul as it ought to.
They are not harmless... they cause ultimate harm to the Truth that is Jesus Christ from embedding itself in your mind, heart, body and soul.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 5:13am On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:

Paul's teachings is inspired by the Holy spirit, why should I not listen to him? Its all same same.
Jesus Christ is the savior, and is very much alive 2000 years on, while Paul/Peter/John/James were all apostles of Jesus Christ who died almost 2000 years ago. Jesus Christ is still alive and His word, not His apostles, is the Truth. Whatever you and I read of Paul's word still has to be subjected to the Truth which is Jesus Christ. So, it makes sense to go for what God/Jesus Christ taught rather than what Paul said, don't you think? undecided
Also, the words of Jesus Christ speak volumes as far as who to learn from ...

Matthew 11 vs 27-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
As far as what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9 vs 19-27, as you can see, Paul was not referring to fasting at all.

1 Corinthians 9 vs 19 (ESV)
19. For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them.
20. To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law.
21. To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.
22. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some.
23. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.
24. Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
25. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
26. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.
27. But I discipline my body and keep it under control,[b] lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
No mention of the word fasting in the context.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 5:32am On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:

@ the bolded.. You certainly can't juxtapose both situations cos they are quite different. While you can deprive yourself from eating food without affecting others, in the other case you can't be said to be.depriving yourself /fasting and be satisfying others just because you dont want to "deprive them" to me that is no fast. Haba!
Sex you owe your partner. Because you are fasting, why should he/she suffer as well? They can too be juxtaposed 'cause you ain't loving 'em at that moment as you would love your own self if you really think about it. undecided
If, your partner, decided to come up with weird reasons of his own to deprive you of sex in your relationship, would you be happy as well?
Or do you want to simply assume that since it is because you claim the "fasting" excuse, he/she surely has to be OK with it? undecided undecided

There are many women out there, so-called pastors wives who complain of how their husbands abandon them in the name of God. Do onto others as you would like for them to do to you. If those pastors had tried to put themselves in their wives shoes, to love them as Jesus Christ commands that we love one another, they wouldn't do that to them, and those wives would be much happier for it.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Sex you owe your partner. Because you are fasting, why should he/she suffer as well? They can too be juxtaposed 'cause you ain't loving 'em at that moment as you would love your own self if you really think about it. undecided
If, your partner, decided to come up with weird reasons of his own to deprive you of sex in your relationship, would you be happy as well?
so are you trying to say fasting without sex is weird? wink Or what do you mean by weird reasons?

Or do you want to simply assume that since it is because you claim the "fasting" excuse, he/she surely has to be OK [/b]with it? undecided undecided

There are many women out there, so-called pastors wives who complain of how their husbands abandon them in the name of God. Do onto others as you would like for them to do to you. If those pastors had tried to put themselves in their wives shoes, to love them as Jesus Christ commands that we love one another, they wouldn't do that to them, and those wives would be much happier for it.
[[b]you think love is all about sex? Think again.
If a spouse cannot endure for a period of time to support his/ her partner in carrying out certain spiritual exercise or course then such a person is not really a Christian.
What about if a spouse travels, you'll call that "not showing love"? Kobojunkie ask the Holy spirit to guide you, Bro.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 6:17am On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:
you think love is all about sex? Think again.
Never said that love is about sex! Love is doing to others as you would like for them to do to you. And the "doing" can be sex, or anything else doing that there is. undecided
Eulalia:
If a spouse cannot endure for a period of time to support his/ her partner in carrying out certain spiritual exercise or course then such a person is not really a Christian.
Arrghh!! Endure! It is always good to throw the word to ENDURE at others, right? But do you also enjoy ENDURING, especially when there is no rational reason for it? undecided
Eulalia:
What about if a spouse travel, you'll call that "not showing love"?
Are you suggesting that fasting can be construed as a form of traveling or something? undecided
Eulalia:
Kobojunkie ask the Holy spirit to guide you, Bro.
You are the one confusing "fasting" and sleeping in the same home as a spouse with traveling. I think you will need a mental health counselor there, not even the Spirit of God to guide you on that one. grin
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ is the savior, and is very much alive 2000 years on, while Paul/Peter/John/James were all apostles of Jesus Christ who died almost 2000 years ago. Jesus Christ is still alive and His word, not His apostles, is the Truth. Whatever you and I read of Paul's word still has to be subjected to the Truth which is Jesus Christ. So, it makes sense to go for what God/Jesus Christ taught rather than what Paul said, don't you think? undecided
Also, the words of Jesus Christ speak volumes as far as who to learn from ...

As far as what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9 vs 19-27, as you can see, Paul was not referring to fasting at all.

No mention of the word fasting in the context.

This is not the portion of the Bible I'm talking about. Its where he said husbands and wifes should not deny themselves of their conjugal rights except it be for a period when they are set apart for fasting. Thats the ine I'm referring to.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nephilim: 6:21am On Jul 05, 2020
seyi360:

It shows you haven't interacted with church leaders
I interacts with The LORD that put them there!!

I understand what it means to put your strength to make church grow, but the scripture says by strength shall no man prevail. I'm talking from experience bro.

1 Like

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Never said that love is about sex! Love is doing to others as you would like for them to do to you. And the "doing" can be sex, or anything else doing that there is. undecided
Arrghh!! Endure! It is always good to throw the word to ENDURE at others, right? But do you also enjoy ENDURING, especially when there is no rational reason for it? undecided
Are you suggesting that fasting can be construed as a form of traveling or something? undecided
You are the one confusing "fasting" and sleeping in the same home as a spouse with traveling. I think you will need a mental health counselor there, not even the Spirit of God to guide you on that one. grin

I'm done with this. You like twisting and arguing a lot and you know how I don't like to argue the word of God.

Happy Sunday. smiley
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 6:31am On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:
I'm done with this. You like twisting and arguing a lot and you know how I don't like to argue the word of God.
Happy Sunday. smiley
Paul's words were not about fasting, so what again are you arguing? undecided
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Paul's words were not about fasting, so what again are you arguing? undecided

Kobojunkie hapu maka biko. Go and sleep. tongue
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 6:35am On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:
This is not the portion of the Bible I'm talking about. Its where he said husbands and wifes should not deny themselves of their conjugal rights except it be for a period when they are set apart for fasting. Thats the ine I'm referring to.
That part? Well, here is what God said about fasting though...

Isaiah 58 vs 6-9 (ESV)
6. “Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed[b] go free, and to break every yoke?
7. Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
8. Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’ If you take away the yoke from your midst,
the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,

Is God's fast no better than the one your people preach to you? undecided
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:
Kobojunkie hapu maka biko. Go and sleep. tongue
I no hold you ooo! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:

That part? Well, here is what God said about fasting though...

Is God's fast no better than the one your people preach to you? undecided

He was obviously addressing them that time based on their hypocritical way of fasting and the things they were doing.

This was to a particular set of people, Kobo.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I no hold you ooo! smiley

Lol.. Ok.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 6:44am On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:

He was obviously addressing them that time based on their hypocritical way of fasting and the things they were doing.

This was to a particular set of people, Kobo.
The fasting God says He wants is in fact the works of righteousness which we know is required work for all those who believe.
So it is not for a particular people as you assume but for all those who have heaven on their mind, since only those who do such works will enter heaven, Matthew 5 vs 2 through 11.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The fasting God says He wants is in fact thr works of righteousness.

Define fasting.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 6:48am On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:

Define fasting.
God tells you in Isaiah 58 that He sees your fasting but calls you instead to works of righteousness.
He is telling you that works of righteousness which He prefers comes with promises to boot, something your fasting does not offer you since it is not done in service of Him.

The entire chapter starts about your fasting and then goes right into what he wants instead.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:53am On Jul 05, 2020
seyi360:

There is nothing comic about this.

Everything about it is comic grin grin

So to phuck sef na wahala again grin grin
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by SIONKPO1(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2020
Goddys:
God created male and female reproductive organs and said multiply and dominate the earth.

How can same God not replenish and supplement anointing of a man obeying His first command?

@OP, anything you do in the ministry is not by your power or anointing. It is because God wants it to be so. If God doesnt want to do anything, He wont do it even if you fast and pray for 1000 days. However persistency is always beneficial in anything we do. Even the mind of God may as well change over an issue as a result of persistency

It is not by power or struggle. Whatever He likes, its what He does. You can only ask and appeal and leave it to His decision
hmmm,Oga,sex outside marriage will affect any believer spiritually

1 Like

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
God tells you in Isaiah 58 that He sees your fasting but calls you instead to works of righteousness.
He is telling you that works of righteousness which He prefers comes with promises to boot, something your fasting does not offer you since it is not done in service of Him.

The entire chapter starts about your fasting and then goes right into what he wants instead.

Ok Sir. Sebi all this argument is so you can fire madam during fasting? Ngwa, carry go. tongue
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The fasting God says He wants is in fact the works of righteousness which we know is required work for all those who believe.
So it is not for a particular people as you assume but for all those who have heaven on their mind, since only those who do such works will enter heaven, Matthew 5 vs 2 through 11.

Ok Sir. Fire on.
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Emusan(m): 9:30am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:

First of all, she asked you to define fasting but you couldn't after you even wrongly interpreted that Isaiah 58

Secondly, I don't know the point you're trying to bring out by quoting that Isaiah 58

Thirdly, what is your obsession about pastors/preachers?

Lastly, even the Isaiah 58 you cited, emphatically supported the statement of Apostle Paul verse 3 read "They say, “We fast to show honor to you. Why don’t you see us? We starve our bodies to show honor to you. Why don’t you notice us?” But God says, “You do things to please yourselves on those special days of fasting. And you punish your servants, not your own bodies. ERV

The two key points here are:

1. These people fast and still enjoying bodily pleasure instead of subjecting their body into punishment.

2. They did wickedness by also subjecting their workers into hard labour.

The first point is what Apostle Paul addressed

And the point you're trying to bring out didn't nullify the previous point of their fasting but God wants them to be more focus on those point He raised.

1 Like

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
Emusan:

First of all, she asked you to define fasting but you couldn't after you even wrongly interpreted that Isaiah 58

Secondly, I don't know the point you're trying to bring out by quoting that Isaiah 58

Thirdly, what is your obsession about pastors/preachers?

Lastly, even the Isaiah 58 you cited, emphatically supported the statement of Apostle Paul verse 3 read "They say, “We fast to show honor to you. Why don’t you see us? We starve our bodies to show honor to you. Why don’t you notice us?” But God says, “You do things to please yourselves on those special days of fasting. And you punish your servants, not your own bodies. ERV

The two key points here are:

1. These people fast and still enjoying bodily pleasure instead of subjecting their body into punishment.

2. They did wickedness by also subjecting their workers into hard labour.

The first point is what Apostle Paul addressed

And the point you're trying to bring out didn't nullify the previous point of their fasting but God wants them to be more focus on those point He raised.

Your argument is moot if what you are trying to do is continue to sell man's fasting over what God says He would rather have from man on his day of fasting. undecided
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:

Ok Sir. Fire on.
read isaiah 58 for yourself!
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
Eulalia:

Ok Sir. Sebi all this argument is so you can fire madam during fasting? Ngwa, carry go. tongue
well, i do what God wants instead and that is as His Spirit instructs me.

I don't have to "discipline" the flesh since my flesh died when i became born again.So , it is not by my might that i do anything i do since i submitted completely to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
kiss
Kobojunkie:
well, i do what God wants instead and that is as His Spirit instructs me.

I don't have to "discipline" the flesh since my flesh died when i became born again.So , it is not by my might that i do anything i do since i submitted completely to God

Yeiiiiii .. Thats my bro!!!!

Ok. Was joking. Don't mind me dear. wink
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
read isaiah 58 for yourself!

Yes Sir!
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Emusan(m): 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Your argument is moot if what you are trying to do is continue to sell man's fasting over what God says He would rather have from man on his day of fasting. undecided

Can you point out what God says He would rather have man to do on that day? So that we can see how vast is your knowledge about the Isaiah 58

Which man's fasting am I selling here?
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
Emusan:

Can you point out what God says He would rather have man to do on that day? So that we can see how vast is your knowledge about the Isaiah 58

Which man's fasting am I selling here?
go read isaiah 58 for yourself
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Emusan(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
go read isaiah 58 for yourself

I have read it and I don't see how it contradicts the statement of Apostle Paul.

Can you point it out?
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
Emusan:

I have read it and I don't see how it contradicts the statement of Apostle Paul.

Can you point it out?
please read and understand the discussion at hand before you jump in.

I can't follow what you are saying because it does not even flow with the convo
Re: Does Sex Reduce A Pastor's Anointing? by Emusan(m): 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
please read and understand the discussion at hand before you jump in.

I can't follow what you are saying because it does not even flow with the convo

I've done that and I see where you're trying to prove that having sex with your wife when fasting is OK as Apostle Paul teaching of "except during fasting that a couple can deprive themselves of their body" is irrelevant as to what God said about fasting in Isaiah 58 that's why the lady can also said if that's your main target you can fire on....

So I'm here to point it out to you that the statement of Apostle Paul was right that is during fasting there should be no sex and that statement compliments the statement of God in Isaiah 58.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only If Adam Had Asked For Forgiveness! / Nairaland Evangelists / I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.